PDA

View Full Version : Where's Matthewski?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

Tin Man
04-05-2008, 18:16
Matty has not called me today. yet............

I just called Matty and told him he should call. He asked, "who is TOW?"

Lugnut
04-06-2008, 00:20
When he does call you, as I'm sure he will, will he call you obsessed! :D

camojack
04-06-2008, 03:46
Heh. ;) He just might, if he checks this thread and sees how many posts like this there are:

Matty has not called me today. yet............
Have you stocked up on bacon, for his grand entrance into Damascus? :confused:

TOW
04-06-2008, 04:42
Me obsessed? Hahahahahahehehehehehe.........:D Yeah, okay, right.........:D

Shoot, all of the OTHERS that have gotten on here to let all of us know where Matty is and that Matty has called THEM are the obsessed ones. I was just letting you all know that Matty has not CALLED me, THE ONLY WANDERER!

I am a LEGEND in my own mind and he should be calling ME!

And by the way, Matty did not call me at all since I last posted the fact that he did not call me.

So there!

:banana

TOW
04-06-2008, 04:43
Heh. ;) He just might, if he checks this thread and sees how many posts like this there are:

I am in the process of creating a bacon red carpet for his grand entrance!

Lone Wolf
04-06-2008, 04:53

i got off the phone with him an hour ago. he's staying with me when he arrives and requested sausage. he's sick of friggin bacon

TOW
04-06-2008, 05:00
i got off the phone with him an hour ago. he's staying with me when he arrives and requested sausage. he's sick of friggin bacon
Dang! I just butchered a whole hog and had the thing made into bacon too!

Panzer1
04-06-2008, 08:22

Sick of bacon... Does he have a fever?

Panzer

zoidfu
04-06-2008, 08:25
Sick of bacon... Does he have a fever?

Panzer

Way off topic but I just realized that I met you at the Darlington shelter last fall. I was there with my girlfriend and a couple of friends. We gave you a beer or two... It was also the night that Murph was there, the guy with two prosthetic legs.... how about that?

mweinstone
04-06-2008, 13:17
i blew out my right heel with a big blister coming into the dam on friday, after 9 miles. It's a rely bad blister, really deep..almost under my heel. It's a gaping, horrifing wound of great maturity. I'm an ameture. Friday night ws at the Hilton, Saturday with Mala at the Inn, and tonight w/ Two Beers, Tie Dye, ad T-bone at the inn. chance of hiking tomorrow- almost zero. I suck.
Dam is closed, 4.5 mile blue blaze around. Sunny day.

Heater
04-06-2008, 13:22
i blew out my right heel with a big blister coming into the dam on friday, after 9 miles. It's a rely bad blister, really deep..almost under my heel. It's a gaping, horrifing wound of great maturity. I'm an ameture. Friday night ws at the Hilton, Saturday with Mala at the Inn, and tonight w/ Two Beers, Tie Dye, ad T-bone at the inn. chance of hiking tomorrow- almost zero. I suck.
Dam is closed, 4.5 mile blue blaze around. Sunny day.

Did you call TOW yet? :rolleyes:

Heater
04-06-2008, 13:23
Did you call TOW yet? :rolleyes:

Oh, hope you heal up OK. Give it time.

saimyoji
04-06-2008, 13:24
cut a slab off your CCF pad, duck tape it to your barefoot, hike bootless, blister will heal.

mweinstone
04-06-2008, 13:39
this in room keyboard has hikker scum holding the buttons up. you have to violently push and hold each letter. yessterday i hung with the malenator and tucker the trail pimpdoggy. tryed to pitch at sstecoha gap on the road where it turnes into the woods. all poop. grossest mountaineering accxedent i ever suffered. this damm keeyboard is useing my lithium batts. what a rip. too impatenent to call the concearge. what the hell iis a consearge anyway. a con lady who sees urges?baconn this morn t the sudayonly breakfast bufett was suppreem. ate 21 peices fourteen sausae, three cakes, one chocolate. syrup, cofie, oj, h2o, grits, egs lucky charms, etc . max you better not be smokeing in my apt. dude, you better not be smokeing in my sn. damasskisses will have to wait. tow dosnt get any calls. hes to close of a friend, just got to se each other weeks ago, and will see each other soon. no cell batts for you!im only calling friends further away than you larry. lwolf , sausage flavored bacon. thats what i said. and bacon. please. renee, what the frigs goin on baby? i love you. mofo, your the tops of my phone speed dial. no service here in fontanna fortress. armed anti jihadist squads in zodiacs yes. phone service no. some folks named sprite and mosey were in the hilton for a week or more. gave us a vibbe. maby looking for osama. kids getting tickets for sneeking across the dam. read chapters from the book, murder at fontaanna dam. met the author in ingells. i hitched to robinsonville aad back for laundry and steaks and ginger and garlic and all the foods one really needs to cross the smokes.

Sly
04-06-2008, 13:55
You're still at Fontana? :eek: Get some duct tape, cover that blister and get hiking! :p

mweinstone
04-06-2008, 13:58
great group of folks out this class. dances, your staff has done great works. it trys to stab me thru the jugular alot though. cammo jack! cammo jack! my pack is loaded supreem and my gear straight. im a blister away from bliss. this could take a couple days folks. im sorry for not stopping that last day and tapeing my foot. really sory. for the sake of a rainy 10 minute stop under a pine to bandage, i have wasted alot of funtime. but so much fun remaines that its no prob. wait for a blister in the worst trail town on earth? for the chance to hike my trail.....i can do this standding on my head. i may posses the exsperience to wait to hike again, but lack the skill to slow down and apply molesskin in the first minutes of burnny hot rubbys. i have never been able to stop once on trail. by now the worlddoutside the tril is falling apart and almost dead. by katadhin i exspect the hikers to be the remaining humans. after the fall of civilization, this smmer, im thinkinghe hikers will move to dc and run things propperly for a while. we'll replace the irs with the ha hikers admin. and te fed will becom the def. debannded ex fed. and we'll make the washington monument the pole for a new billville dome tent streatching for miles and houseing our new hiking based government. i see gear entitelment programs and ramman welfare. and government tuna. questions concerning the recent rumor that i am in fact not weird are to be dismissed. xoxxoxxomatty

mweinstone
04-06-2008, 14:05
Slyman. This Is On The Thickest Part Of My Extra Thick Heal Skin And I Already Cut Off The Blister And Its A Blody Deep Mess That Also Has A Heel Bruise And Some Infection. Im A Tic Away From Staff . You Need To Know Ducktape Would Work But How Fun Are Te Smokes That Way?/im Hikin On Skin. Not Stub

Jester2000
04-06-2008, 14:26
Canadian seals have bacon inside them???

Of course! Why do you think people like to beat them? They're living pinatas! You hit them until bacon pours out . . .

He also said he has a blister on his right foot, and he'd stay there again tonight...

Will have Billville Safety Research manufacture bacon-flavored version of the Meat Insoles for Matty. Should clear up any foot problems he's having.

Sly
04-06-2008, 14:30
Slyman. This Is On The Thickest Part Of My Extra Thick Heal Skin And I Already Cut Off The Blister And Its A Blody Deep Mess That Also Has A Heel Bruise And Some Infection. Im A Tic Away From Staff . You Need To Know Ducktape Would Work But How Fun Are Te Smokes That Way?/im Hikin On Skin. Not Stub

OK, OK. :D Take care. If you need anything let me know. I have another 10 days then I'm out of here.

A-Train
04-06-2008, 14:49

Bacon grease has excellent healing properties, better than aloe or triple antibiotic ointment. So rub some on, slap some duct tape over it and head for the Stack-don't forget to shuck it.

And anyway, what will your adoring fans/internet stalkers do without you, hero?

Enjoy it. Every uncomfortable blissful moment

camojack
04-06-2008, 15:09
great group of folks out this class. dances, your staff has done great works. it trys to stab me thru the jugular alot though. cammo jack! cammo jack!
Yes? What can I do you out of? :D

my pack is loaded supreem and my gear straight. im a blister away from bliss. this could take a couple days folks. im sorry for not stopping that last day and tapeing my foot. really sory. for the sake of a rainy 10 minute stop under a pine to bandage, i have wasted alot of funtime. but so much fun remaines that its no prob. wait for a blister in the worst trail town on earth? for the chance to hike my trail.....i can do this standding on my head. i may posses the exsperience to wait to hike again, but lack the skill to slow down and apply molesskin in the first minutes of burnny hot rubbys. i have never been able to stop once on trail. by now the worlddoutside the tril is falling apart and almost dead.
Experience/skill aside...do the right thing for that foot!!!

questions concerning the recent rumor that i am in fact not weird are to be dismissed. xoxxoxxomatty
I can attest to the veracity of that statement, which actually had every word spelt correctly, too. :p

Will have Billville Safety Research manufacture bacon-flavored version of the Meat Insoles for Matty. Should clear up any foot problems he's having.
I like bacon too, but bacon flavored insoles? Waste of taste; I'd never try to eat 'em. Interesting concept, however... :-?

Panzer1
04-06-2008, 15:23
Way off topic but I just realized that I met you at the Darlington shelter last fall. I was there with my girlfriend and a couple of friends. We gave you a beer or two... It was also the night that Murph was there, the guy with two prosthetic legs.... how about that?

Yes, yes, yes, thank you very much for the beer. I do remember that night. Had a very good time, in part thanks to you.

And yes, I remember Murphy, have you heard anything further about him? Did he make it to Springer? For those of you wimpy hikers, this guy Murphy, a SOBO, had hiked to PA from Baxter and he has no legs below the knees. Keep that in mind Mathewski when you complain about your little blisters. At least you have legs.

Panzer

camojack
04-06-2008, 15:34
Yes, yes, yes, thank you very much for the beer. I do remember that night. Had a very good time, in part thanks to you.

And yes, I remember Murphy, have you heard anything further about him? Did he make it to Springer? For those of you wimpy hikers, this guy Murphy, a SOBO, had hiked to PA from Baxter and he has no legs below the knees. Keep that in mind Matherski when you complain about your little blisters. At least you have legs.
Which means he doesn't ever have to worry about blisters on his feet, huh? :eek:

Panzer1
04-06-2008, 15:42
Which means he doesn't ever have to worry about blisters on his feet, huh? :eek:

No, but he has to worry about breaking his prosthetic legs, which actually happened several times by the time he got to PA, in part because prosthetic legs were not made for thru-hiking on the AT. The AT chews them up. The first time it broke was in the hundred mile wilderness and he had to walk on one leg till he got to some road. His hiking partners went ahead while he got the leg fixed. After that, he actually caught up to them some point south of there. When I saw him he appeared to be a very strong hiker. He's on trail journals.com (class of 2007)

Panzer

camojack
04-06-2008, 15:51
No, but he has to worry about breaking his prosthetic legs, which actually happened several times by the time he got to PA, in part because prosthetic legs were not made for thru-hiking on the AT. The AT chews them up. The first time it broke was in the hundred mile wilderness and he had to walk on one leg till he got to some road. His hiking partners went ahead while he got the leg fixed. After that, he actually caught up to them some point south of there. When I saw him he appeared to be a very strong hiker. He's on trail journals.com (class of 2007)
A southbounder, eh? He must be strong, to do the things you mentioned...

Mother Nature
04-06-2008, 15:58
Matthewski, Panzer, Baltimore Jack et all. Met Johnny Thunder today as we cruised through Blue Mountain Gap and dropped by the shelter to see if anyone was there. He was asking if I saw you all recently. He skarfed down a handful of peppermint patties and scooted on toward Tray Mountain.

Sorry to hear about your blister M! Sounds like a doooooozy. Hope it heals quickly for you!

MN

Panzer1
04-06-2008, 18:49
Matthewski, Panzer, Baltimore Jack et all. Met Johnny Thunder today as we cruised through Blue Mountain Gap and dropped by the shelter to see if anyone was there. He was asking if I saw you all recently. He skarfed down a handful of peppermint patties and scooted on toward Tray Mountain.

Sorry to hear about your blister M! Sounds like a doooooozy. Hope it heals quickly for you!

MN

Ahhh, that's the first Johnny T siting we've had.

Panzer

J5man
04-06-2008, 19:05
Matthew, I lost a black Columbia Fleece at Fontana while hiking to the Ruck this year. I was hoping someone found and just hung it up at the hilton waiting for me to return to get it. If it is there, you can have it. If you don't want it, tell everyone else to leave it alone and I will pick it at the 2009 Ruck.

Skidsteer
04-06-2008, 19:08

Panzer

Sounds like he's got a small chance to catch Matty if that blister is nasty enough!

Hike Johnny T, Hike!

TOW
04-06-2008, 19:15
Matty has not called me today, yet..........

Like Matty said, we are too close for that. Waht I haven't told you is that Matty and I communicate thru spiritual connections.

But guess what? I'm still going to get on here everyday and let you guys know that Matty has not called me today, yet.........until Matty gets this hike done. And if he calls me I am sure as a flying squirrel that flys not going to let you know about it too soon, only after the fact........

So there!

Tin Man
04-06-2008, 19:17
Matthewski, I visited Telephone Pioneers shelter in NY today and hung some bacon for you. Better hurry up before someone else gets it.

Dances with Mice
04-06-2008, 19:18
dances, your staff has done great works. it trys to stab me thru the jugular alot though. You know there's a pun about jugglers in there waiting to happen. But in another vein...

Next time heed your heel so you won't have to cool your heels waiting to heal.

Tin Man
04-06-2008, 19:19
Matty has not called me today, yet..........

Like Matty said, we are too close for that. Waht I haven't told you is that Matty and I communicate thru spiritual connections.

But guess what? I'm still going to get on here everyday and let you guys know that Matty has not called me today, yet.........until Matty gets this hike done. And if he calls me I am sure as a flying squirrel that flys not going to let you know about it too soon, only after the fact........

So there!

When I visited a shelter in NY today, I left Matty a message to call you.

TOW
04-06-2008, 19:47
When I visited a shelter in NY today, I left Matty a message to call you.
Ha! That'll be the day!:rolleyes:

Trillium
04-07-2008, 02:28

Panzeractually I met Johnny Thunder on Tuesday as he was descending from the summit of Springer and I was on my way up. someone, I think it might have been Smile, took a pic of us. Johnny spent Tuesday night in the vicinity of Hawk Mtn Shelter and on Wednesday, I believe he stopped at Gooch Mtn Shelter for lunch from his entries in the shelter registers.

zoidfu
04-07-2008, 02:45

He also had a child size sleeping bag.

camojack
04-07-2008, 03:31
He also had a child size sleeping bag.
Now that's smart; why carry the weight of a full-sized one under the circumstances, right? :-?

zoidfu
04-07-2008, 03:56
Now that's smart; why carry the weight of a full-sized one under the circumstances, right? :-?

Yup. There's a silver lining to everything I suppose.

camojack
04-07-2008, 04:10
Yup. There's a silver lining to everything I suppose.
Well, they say that life is what you make of it... :-?

zoidfu
04-07-2008, 04:56
Well, they say that life is what you make of it... :-?

He's certainly making the most of his. That guy could move! And he had beer for breakfast. :banana

camojack
04-07-2008, 09:20
He's certainly making the most of his. That guy could move! And he had beer for breakfast. :banana
Beer for breakfast, eh? Hmmm... :-?

mindi
04-07-2008, 09:31
I've been gone a while and I am sooo enjoying catching up on this thread :D..

Sorry about your blister, man.

StarLyte
04-07-2008, 09:40
I feel so sorry for you Matty - that blister must be very painful and aggravating.

I hope it heals quick - and you return to your walk :)

Can I send you anything? Seriously.

jhick
04-07-2008, 09:46
Beer for breakfast, eh? Hmmm... :-?

Bacon and beer..... he is my hero.

camojack
04-07-2008, 09:52
Bacon and beer..... he is my hero.
Starlyte could seriously send him those things, huh? Just not the "CAMO (http://www.beerpal.com/vault/beergrab.asp?ID=12593)" beer... :D

Panzer1
04-07-2008, 11:44
Beginning of week 4....:):):)

Panzer

jhick
04-07-2008, 13:41
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj132/l8tr_dude/news.jpg

Mother's Finest
04-07-2008, 14:57
Brother Matt,

Watch that blister....is it on your shorter leg foot? or is the longer one? let me know----you may need that heel lift.

Side note for all Matthewski Thread Viewers. If you want to read an inspiring book, please check out Mom's Marijuana by Dan Shapiro. My wife met him at a survivors meeting at Jefferson in Philly. I ripped through it in about one day. Mods--this is a legal reference I promise.

matty I will give you my copy at the halfway point-----Johnny Thunder is on your ass.

peace
mf

saimyoji
04-07-2008, 15:00
i'm totally clueless on this one....why the cancer reference?

Mother's Finest
04-07-2008, 15:20
i'm totally clueless on this one....why the cancer reference?

No reason other than a brilliantly written book. I just wanted to share.

peace
mf

Panzer1
04-07-2008, 16:04
Hay Matty,

lets see a photo of that blister.

Panzer

Slimer
04-07-2008, 16:19
Matty,
Before you do anything else, you should immediately call TOW.......I'm afraid he's gonna blow his fuse if you don't.

Panzer1
04-07-2008, 22:01
progress report:
he's done about 162 miles in 3 weeks

Panzer

Lone Wolf
04-07-2008, 22:02
my ****ong hero :D

Dances with Mice
04-07-2008, 22:07
my ****ong hero :DIs that thing Warren started using asterisks and random letters catching or what?

Lone Wolf
04-07-2008, 22:13
w t f is ong?

Montego
04-07-2008, 22:16
w t f is ong?

Oklahoma Natural Gas :D

Lone Wolf
04-07-2008, 22:18
Oklahoma Natural Gas :D

should i buy stock?

Mother's Finest
04-07-2008, 22:26
maybe natural gas futures

you need to get involved in commodities to hedge against the rampant inflation that is on the way.

peace
mf

Montego
04-07-2008, 22:28
should i buy stock?

Only with your a "Proud Okie from Muscogee". Acutally, the only 'natural' gas you'll find around here is by the local Tai Restaurant :D

Lugnut
04-07-2008, 23:50
w t f is ong?

You wrote it! :-?

doggiebag
04-08-2008, 00:01
w t f is ong?
w t f is on going??

Panzer1
04-08-2008, 00:36
This conversation does not make sense....

Panzer

camojack
04-08-2008, 01:03
This conversation does not make sense...
Was it supposed to? :confused::D

bfitz
04-08-2008, 02:12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTRd1a5MVMw

camojack
04-08-2008, 03:41
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTRd1a5MVMw
Oingo Boingo, eh? I remember them; "Only a Lad" and "Dead Man's Party" come to mind. :banana

I've also heard the term Oingo Boingo used as a euphemism for having sex... :eek:

TOW
04-08-2008, 05:55
Dang, I'm so forgetful in my old age...........

Matty did not call me yesterday last night, yet..........

mudhead
04-08-2008, 06:37
b b bb bbb bacon.

camojack
04-08-2008, 21:52
Anybody know if Matt's still convalescing at the Fontana "Hilton"? :confused:

TOW
04-08-2008, 22:38
Matty has not called me today, yet.............

camojack
04-09-2008, 00:40
How unusual. :confused:

I hope he's OK... :-?

Heater
04-09-2008, 04:08

He called me collect so I had them charge it to your number. Hey it's something, right. Just doing what I can to help you out TOW. :sun

TOW
04-09-2008, 07:11
How unusual. :confused:

I hope he's OK... :-?
Yeah, I wonder too?:eek:

He did'nt even call last night.

He called me collect so I had them charge it to your number. Hey it's something, right. Just doing what I can to help you out TOW. :sunAt least someone notices me around here, thanx AustinTexass, whoops I mean Austexs..............:sun

TOW
04-09-2008, 07:12
All joking aside, has anyone heard if Matty is okay or not? I mean is there anything any of us can do?

Kirby
04-09-2008, 12:43
I hope he is in one piece.

Kirby

Sly
04-09-2008, 12:46
At worse he has a serious heel blister. I doubt he's in two or more pieces or his life is in danger!

Tin Man
04-09-2008, 22:57
Yikes, THE Thread for 2008 is on page 4... not anymore. ;)

I hope the blister is taken care of. Maybe it needs bacon? :-?

Sly
04-09-2008, 23:05
Yikes, THE Thread for 2008 is on page 4... not anymore. ;)

Over 800 post and he's only at the 160 mile mark. We're talking 10,000 posts if he hikes all the way!

Go Matty Go! :D

Tin Man
04-09-2008, 23:12
Over 800 post and he's only at the 160 mile mark. We're talking 10,000 posts if he hikes all the way!

Go Matty Go! :D

11,250 posts or 5.175 posts per mile.

Interesting, but irrelevant. We need to know how many pounds of bacon will he consume by the end. OR, heaven forbid, will he get sick of bacon? :eek:

TheTank
04-09-2008, 23:27
11,250 posts or 5.175 posts per mile.

Interesting, but irrelevant. We need to know how many pounds of bacon will he consume by the end. OR, heaven forbid, will he get sick of bacon? :eek:

Getting sick of bacon? I am not sure that is humanly possible, and especially so when hiking, all that fat and protein, how can a hiker be sick of that?

As for the amount required, I am not sure, I think we need to dispatch a research team to gather information on his average rate of consumption.

Lugnut
04-09-2008, 23:40
I just hope he calls TOW tonight!

Panzer1
04-09-2008, 23:46
He did'nt even call last night.

Matty not going to call:

tow dosnt get any calls. hes to close of a friend, just got to se each other weeks ago, and will see each other soon. no cell batts for you!

Panzer

camojack
04-10-2008, 00:35
Getting sick of bacon? I am not sure that is humanly possible, and especially so when hiking, all that fat and protein, how can a hiker be sick of that?
Yeah, really! I have to agree... :D

TOW
04-10-2008, 06:27
I just hope he calls TOW tonight!
Well he didn't!:mad:
And he did not call yesterday during the day either, yet.........

TOW
04-10-2008, 06:29
Matty not going to call:
Panzer
Well that is plain horse phooey!:mad:

But guess what? I'm still going to let you guys know about the fact that he has not called just to keep you informed..........:D

Whoosk
04-10-2008, 09:32
hello everyone, if anyone does eventually get a hold of my dad can you tell him to call me at 704 677 6651, its really really important. Thanks!

Sly
04-10-2008, 09:34
hello everyone, if anyone does eventually get a hold of my dad can you tell him to call me at 704 677 6651, its really really important. Thanks!

Hey Whoosk, have you left him a message?

trailangelmary
04-10-2008, 10:35
Maybe he's lost his cell phone!

SteveJ
04-10-2008, 15:33
actually I met Johnny Thunder on Tuesday as he was descending from the summit of Springer and I was on my way up. someone, <clip>

catching up on the Matty thread...

Scott and I met Johnny on Monday. We were hiking from Muskrat Creek Shelter to Dick's Creek Gap. We met Johnny just south of Bull's Gap - he recognized us, stopped and introduced himself. Nice guy!

Hike strong, Johnny!

heel heal up Matthewski!

there - now I've posted to the 2008 THE THREAD!

A-Train
04-10-2008, 16:18
I don't believe I ate bacon on either of my thru-hikes.

Is that weird?

Jan LiteShoe
04-10-2008, 16:29

Is that weird?

Yes indeed!
Bacon is one of the four hiker food groups. Fat, salt and flavor - can't beat it with a stick!
:)

Sly
04-10-2008, 16:42

Is that weird?

I never cooked it (didn't eat it raw either) but Matty does, with an alcohol stove. Steak too. Yum!

Frolicking Dinosaurs
04-10-2008, 17:08
Dino must report that Matty has not called her in weeks.... love is so fickle
::: Dino seen with head hanging down :::

TOW
04-10-2008, 17:25
Matty has not called me today, yet...........

Mother's Finest
04-10-2008, 17:43
No one needs to worry about our good friend, the man lives in the Tower of Justice deep in South Philly. The trail is friendly.

Whoosk--I will leave him a message tonight, just in case someone else has not already.

peace
mf

minnesotasmith
04-10-2008, 18:11

Is that weird?

It's healthy. The only bacon I ate on my thru was when another hiker offered me a bite of his shelf-stable bacon.

An experiment to do sometime with bacon: boil it. The bacon will actually shrink very little, such a high percentage of the fat being highly saturated (with a melting point above that of the boiling point of water). By comparison, hamburger and chicken lose the vast majority of their fat by being boiled, so they are considerably healthier to eat than is bacon, at least WRT fat composition and quantity.

Skidsteer
04-10-2008, 18:15
It's healthy. The only bacon I ate on my thru was when another hiker offered me a bite of his shelf-stable bacon.

An experiment to do sometime with bacon: boil it. The bacon will actually shrink very little, such a high percentage of the fat being highly saturated (with a melting point above that of the boiling point of water). By comparison, hamburger and chicken lose the vast majority of their fat by being boiled, so they are considerably healthier to eat than is bacon, at least WRT fat composition and quantity.

You're harshin' my mellow, man.

mudhead
04-10-2008, 19:21
I take solace in the fact that a package of shelf stable bacon is just about "a bite."

Does bacon taste better than seaweed?

STEVEM
04-10-2008, 20:28
Has anyone seen Matt eat bacon? How does he compare to these guys?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAhuDKYQ8s4

Jack Tarlin
04-10-2008, 20:33
Have seen Matty cook bacon and eat bacon.

He's good at both.

camojack
04-10-2008, 20:38

He's good at both.
Of that, there is no doubt. :D

Tin Man
04-10-2008, 21:01

He's good at both.

Cool. But how does he like his bacon, crispy or not?

I'm thinking of opening a concession stand at the NY/CT border. :D

camojack
04-10-2008, 21:13
Cool. But how does he like his bacon, crispy or not?
Of course he does! :eek: Is there any other way? :confused:

Panzer1
04-10-2008, 21:29
No one needs to worry about our good friend, the man lives in the Tower of Justice deep in South Philly.

I think thats the "turret" of justice.

Panzer

Panzer1
04-10-2008, 22:08
I received the following email from our other intrepid hero Johnny Thunder today.
Panzer

Panzer,

All is well in Georgia and Southern North Carolina....I'm currently sitting on one of Ron Haven's computers in beautiful, sunny Franklin, NC. Next to me is Rockstar, who rocks! If this email is shakey or herky-jerky it's because I'm a bit out of practise with the on-the-phone email multi tasking (of my former profession). Al Kida is still in the process of stealing my identity, but I won't let them get me down!

I've had a fun 10 days out here. There are some great folk, walked some cool places. I've been hiking in/around people I met on the second or third night out...Venture, Bear Bait, Half Elvis, Pickles, Austen, Franklin, Stubby and Sparky, Marry Poppins and Mike, Savannah, Mud Slide, etc. I sure hope I didn't miss anyone. Biggest suprise so far was when Big Shanty rolled into Gooch Mtn Shelter. Remember him? He was the dude who we fed steak on top of 309 last summer with Matty, You, me, Mother's Finest, and Jester. Walked with him for a couple more days. Big Shanty is the man!

The Jameson didn't last but a week. Wishing I packed more. Otherwise, I've been sticking to the hiker staples...Ramen, Liptons, Pepperoni, Mac and Cheese, Bear meat...you know, the usual.

Hope all is well in the city. I've lost Matty...no chance of catching him...but Ron says Baltimore Jack is slacking back in from up North so's he should be here this eve. It's ladies night at some bar. Don't tell T.

Peace,

Johnny Thunder

(please feel free to post this on the Blaze...I don't really have the time with all the fun stuff going on)

Tin Man
04-10-2008, 22:11
Of course he does! :eek: Is there any other way? :confused:

I like mine slightly undercooked, just before crispy. Yum!

Panzer1
04-10-2008, 23:17
"The Jameson didn't last but a week"

What happened, did you drop the bottle or something??:p:p:p

Panzer

Panzer1
04-11-2008, 00:11

Is that weird?

My first backpacking trip was in February. We had bacon. Almost didn't bring it because it was so heavy, but my buddy agreed to carry it. That next morning we woke up to snow on the ground and made a pound of bacon for breakfast. I never stopped hiking after that.

Panzer

camojack
04-11-2008, 01:31
Bleah!!! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/sick001.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

TOW
04-11-2008, 05:20
YUKKKKKKKKKKKKKKY>>>>>>>>>>>:o

the goat
04-11-2008, 09:29
crispy bacon sucks. medium-rare for me, every time!

Alligator
04-11-2008, 10:11

Is that weird?Only if you can't spell.

Whoosk
04-11-2008, 13:35
crispy pepper bacon covered in maple syrup is the only way to go :D

Mother's Finest
04-11-2008, 13:49

Damn Whoosk, I don't even eat meat and that sounds good.

Matt left me a message that he was crossing Wesser Bald.....

peace
mf

Panzer1
04-11-2008, 16:28
Damn Whoosk, I don't even eat meat and that sounds good.

Matt left me a message that he was crossing Wesser Bald.....

peace
mf

but wait, isn't Wesser Bald at mile 127. I thought he was at mile 162.

panzer :confused::confused::confused:

camojack
04-11-2008, 17:24
Hold the syrup for me, thanks. :-?

mudhead
04-11-2008, 17:35

I have not had it in years, but yes, it is wicked tasty. Try it at a breakfast buffet.

TOW
04-11-2008, 18:28
Matty has not called me today, yet.........

Jester2000
04-11-2008, 20:28
but wait, isn't Wesser Bald at mile 127. I thought he was at mile 162.

panzer :confused::confused::confused:

You're confused about that? When has Matty done anything in what anyone other than Matty would consider a normal manner? He'll probably summit Katahdin, hike PA, then show up at Trail Days, southbound New Jersey, volunteer at ATC and pay them for the priviledge, and then get massively sick right before eating a half-gallon of bacon-flavored Hershey's ice cream.

Heater
04-11-2008, 20:38
You're confused about that? When has Matty done anything in what anyone other than Matty would consider a normal manner? He'll probably summit Katahdin, hike PA, then show up at Trail Days, southbound New Jersey, volunteer at ATC and pay them for the priviledge, and then get massively sick right before eating a half-gallon of bacon-flavored Hershey's ice cream.

Bacon-flavored ice cream? Oh.... Oh my... I just wet myself. :o

Panzer1
04-11-2008, 22:31
well, either he's heading south or it wasn't Wesser Bald.

Panzer

Sly
04-11-2008, 22:36
He's probably in the Smokies...

TheTank
04-11-2008, 23:39
He probably meant Silers Bald, I believe that is the only "Bald" that the trail goes over in the Smokies, and that would be about where he should be.

Panzer1
04-11-2008, 23:49
He probably meant Silers Bald, I believe that is the only "Bald" that the trail goes over in the Smokies, and that would be about where he should be.

Silers Bald would put him at about mile 191. That does sound a lot better than mile 127.

Panzer

Panzer1
04-11-2008, 23:59
We never heard what became of his blister!!!:(

Panzer

snuffy smith
04-12-2008, 03:23
Matty limped out of The Hilton Wed morning.

A-Train
04-12-2008, 14:24
Matty limped out of The Hilton Wed morning.

Well then you guys should be hearing from him real soon, if he decides to go to nastyburg. If he's smart, he just kept walking to Curtis'.:)

Panzer1
04-12-2008, 15:05
Well then you guys should be hearing from him real soon, if he decides to go to nastyburg. If he's smart, he just kept walking to Curtis'.:)

Well, it about 40 miles from Fontana to Gatlinburg. So then, if he left Fontana on Wednesday and does 10 miles a day, yea, he could easily be in Gatlinburg by the end of today, Saturday.

But if his foot is still bothering him, he may take it slower, say 8 miles a day and may not be in Gatlinburg until tomorrow some time.

Panzer

Sly
04-12-2008, 15:08
I like Gatlinburg, it's a great town! More exciting than sleepy Hot Springs or Damascus. :p

Lone Wolf
04-12-2008, 15:09
I like Gatlinburg, it's a great town! More exciting than sleepy Hot Springs or Damascus. :p

yup. gburg is a great stopover

Mother's Finest
04-12-2008, 16:08

you gots it....

just remote viewed that he is crossing Newfound Gap and should be at Standing Bear maybe tuesday
:D

peace
mf

Mother's Finest
04-12-2008, 16:09
Jester,
are you still in Abington Area?

if you need any socks before you leave---stop by the store.

mf

Panzer1
04-12-2008, 17:02
you gots it....

just remote viewed that he is crossing Newfound Gap and should be at Standing Bear maybe tuesday
:D

peace
mf

Well, they have Internet there at Standing Bear, so maybe he will post.

Panzer

Mother's Finest
04-12-2008, 17:07
It would be nice to read some Matthewski Straight Talk. John McCain should get him on the bus.

peace
mf

TOW
04-13-2008, 05:46
Matty did not call me yesterday, yet. Nor is Matty going to call me for the next several days, yet..........

Now that ought to do until I feel like getting back on here and letting you know that Matty is not calling me.

sloopjonboswell
04-13-2008, 13:55
i could estimate hot springs by next weekend?

trailangelmary
04-13-2008, 14:16
It would be nice to read some Matthewski Straight Talk
Yeah, I miss it too!

Dances with Mice
04-13-2008, 17:26
Matthewski Straight TalkIsn't the above phrase an oxymoron?

Oxymoron means a contradiction in terms, by the way. It's not a hyperventilated moron.

camojack
04-13-2008, 18:21
Well, they have Internet there at Standing Bear, so maybe he will post.
Matt called me yesterday night.

He's planning to wait for Johnny Thunder at Standing Bear...and his blister is all healed up. :)

Panzer1
04-13-2008, 19:40
Sounds like they will make quite a pair..

Panzer

camojack
04-13-2008, 19:42
Sounds like they will make quite a pair..
Yes, but...a pair of what?! :D

Thru Hiker Wife
04-13-2008, 19:42
Matt called me yesterday night.

He's planning to wait for Johnny Thunder at Standing Bear...and his blister is all healed up. :)

Is he gonna get branded while he's there, too?!?!?!?:eek:

camojack
04-13-2008, 19:58
He didn't mention that. :confused:

Thru Hiker Wife
04-13-2008, 21:57
He didn't mention that. :confused:

Well, believe me, I think it's for the best.:sun

Panzer1
04-14-2008, 00:44

What is this "branded" thing?

Panzer

camojack
04-14-2008, 03:42
What is this "branded" thing?
Unless I'm mistaken, it's what they do to cattle... :(

TOW
04-14-2008, 04:34
Okay THW, you made a statement. So what are you really saying?

Wonder
04-14-2008, 07:59
Yes, but...a pair of what?! :D
Jokers........aka WILD!!:D

camojack
04-14-2008, 08:16
Jokers........aka WILD!!:D
Oh, they're a pair of jokers, all right... ;)

Panzer1
04-14-2008, 08:45
Beginning of week 5 :):):):):)

Panzer

mudhead
04-14-2008, 09:01
Maple flavor bacon.

Wonder
04-14-2008, 11:54
I heard rumor that someone branded themselves there.....

Dances with Mice
04-14-2008, 13:00
I heard rumor that someone branded themselves there.....Oh no! Not THERE?! That must have hurt.

Alligator
04-14-2008, 13:06
Oh no! Not THERE?! That must have hurt.Not as much as right here. RIGHT HERE I'm tellin' ya. OUCH!!

Thru Hiker Wife
04-14-2008, 13:46
I heard rumor that someone branded themselves there.....

Yes, this was what I was referencing. I hear that it's spreading up and down the trial so I assumed that those here would have heard about it. It is true! My husband was there and I've seen the vid.

mweinstone
04-14-2008, 14:33
standing bear farm. woke at 619 am at tri corrner or whatever its called. made davenport gap by 1 . ran most of the downs and it was a winter wonderland up top with the inch of snow makeing it oh so runnable and soft and even easy. bad news from home spoiling my joy somewhat. max is in trouble and his world is screwed cause of his actions. stonewall thank you for helping him through this. im happy and well other than the fact that two weeks ago on trail i received word max is going to rutgers. and at newfound gap found out he may go to jail instead. and i thaught this trail and life had nothin on me and was gonna let me thru. well. three bags of pot and 70 bucks may ruin maxes collage hopes this year but it may also straighten him out. i love you son. and am upset as you should be. dramma aside, we had a great hike . me and this thread. and it will continue even if jaded by lifes ills. i will endevor to complete my laundry and the trail. in that order. dances, the staff is powerfull. and very nessesary. thank you pirate. thanks fat chap and mala and wolf. thanks jack. magic at the gap today was pasta and cookies and tootsie rools and nestly crunch. thanks lady. the tootsie roll is the cigar after a fine traverse of the smokys. no bears. two deer. one mouse. lots of hikers. and evil dayhikers with reservations who made us all pitch in the poop feilds. two beers is hear and lots of others. prolly 30 tonight. havent seen curtiss yet. just did my laundry in a basin with washboard and ringer. dryer on now. isnt that exciting? cant seem to muster any fun particals for you all just now. had all kinds of wit earlyer

Johnny Thunder
04-14-2008, 14:34
Hello All!!!

I'm logged in @ the Bryson City Public Stacks...2 weeks and too many stories to tell.

Where's Matt?

Johnny Thunder
04-14-2008, 14:34
Question Answered. Matty How are you?

mweinstone
04-14-2008, 14:40
sad happy well fit trim fast worthy . will you catch me if i stay here two days? or are you at fontanna.

mweinstone
04-14-2008, 14:41
the smoks were beautiful save for the two species of trees dieing thruout the park.

mweinstone
04-14-2008, 14:42
i learned alot from mala and fat chap. they made me look hard at my dramma. we all need less.

Johnny Thunder
04-14-2008, 14:43
South of Fontana...@ NOC for a zero with good people. Can't catch you yet. Still warming up the feet and legs.

Fontana in 2 Days.
Standing Bear in 7 or 8.

I'll most likely see you in Damascus. The Thundercats roll strong. We Ghost Ride.

mweinstone
04-14-2008, 14:44
by for now. i love you all. janet, im hiking!mf, oxoxxo

Johnny Thunder
04-14-2008, 14:44
Hooooooooo

Frolicking Dinosaurs
04-14-2008, 15:04
So glad Matty is at Standing Bear - they are predicting snow in the higher elevations today. I was praying you wouldn't be coming down into Davenport Gap with snow and Ice - it is a rough enough descent without that.

::: Dino blows kisses toward Standing Bear Farm :::

Mother's Finest
04-14-2008, 15:36
Dude,

Phone is not working correctly brother. All I can say is Help is On The Way.

The lady said arrival by Wednesday at the latest.

Yes Virginia I am crazy.

You got all you need---Oatmeal and chocolate......

peace
mf

Mother's Finest
04-14-2008, 17:22
Johnny Thunder--

I am sure you are stepping your way up the trail. I picture some of the moves from the ghostride video.

Go Johnyy Go

peace
mf

TOW
04-14-2008, 17:55
Keep on trekking Matty.........Sorry to hear about Max, but he will get thru it, and be a wiser man for it........

timhines
04-14-2008, 18:14
johnny if you need anything from town within the next 24 hours send me a private message and I can bring it to the NOC.

mweinstone
04-14-2008, 20:21
in all the snickers in all the countrys in the world, lie the tiny bits of love the hiking world revolves around. actually im on pro bars oatmeal rasin and no candybars. theirs a saying among old timers who watch doctor who. time and reletive dimentions in space. tardis. i dont know why that came into my head. ill try harder.
who wants hot springs? 4 out of 5 dentists who recomend hot springs as part of a regular trail diet are nuts. i suck. cant wright. everyone drinking. cant drink. no happy. loosing respect for newbys. must reach glencliff and places like that. need normal bad. weirdos all talking gear still. loud. litterbugs. love em all. make sence of any of this and you die.

Sly
04-14-2008, 20:26
Matty is a thru-hiking god! :banana You wearing your manbra, bro? :D

Mother's Finest
04-14-2008, 20:28
let me know what happens my friend.

peace
mf

Ron Haven
04-14-2008, 20:31
in all the snickers in all the countrys in the world, lie the tiny bits of love the hiking world revolves around. actually im on pro bars oatmeal rasin and no candybars. theirs a saying among old timers who watch doctor who. time and reletive dimentions in space. tardis. i dont know why that came into my head. ill try harder.
who wants hot springs? 4 out of 5 dentists who recomend hot springs as part of a regular trail diet are nuts. i suck. cant wright. everyone drinking. cant drink. no happy. loosing respect for newbys. must reach glencliff and places like that. need normal bad. weirdos all talking gear still. loud. litterbugs. love em all. make sence of any of this and you die.You wouldn't be intrested in a load of lettuce would you?Good Luck,see you at trail days.

Panzer1
04-14-2008, 20:40
Matty, how long are you staying at Standing Bear?

Panzer

Panzer1
04-14-2008, 20:54
Matty is a thru-hiking god! :banana You wearing your manbra, bro? :D

What's a manbra:confused:

Panzer

TOW
04-14-2008, 21:38
Matty almost called me today, he sent me a PM! It's a start but the fact remains that Matty has not called me today, yet..............

TOW
04-14-2008, 21:41
Matty, how long are you staying at Standing Bear?

Panzer
he'll be leaving in the next 100 years sometime I bet ya.......

camojack
04-14-2008, 22:12
i learned alot from mala and fat chap. they made me look hard at my dramma. we all need less.
Need less? Yes. Want more... ;)

Panzer1
04-14-2008, 22:57
Matty,

did you file your taxes??

Panzer

Panzer1
04-14-2008, 23:41
dances, the staff is powerfull. and very nessesary.

lets see a picture of you with the staff..

Panzer

Lugnut
04-14-2008, 23:45
What's a manbra:confused:

Panzer

A "bro" from Seinfeld's show. ie, a mansierre. {sp} ?

camojack
04-15-2008, 03:53
Matty, did you file your taxes??
Ouch. :eek:

Dances with Mice
04-15-2008, 08:27
lets see a picture of you with the staff..

Panzer At Neels (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=23326&catid=newimages&cutoffdate=1)with all necessary supplies: MS T-shirt, cigs, beer and gummi worms.

For some reason I can't determine, a bag of custom-made juggling balls happen to appear in a lot of my pictures.

Panzer1
04-15-2008, 09:05
Who's that guy lurking in the back??

Panzer

Mother's Finest
04-15-2008, 09:06
At Neels (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=23326&catid=newimages&cutoffdate=1)with all necessary supplies: MS T-shirt, cigs, beer and gummi worms.

For some reason I can't determine, a bag of custom-made juggling balls happen to appear in a lot of my pictures.

that staff is Ninja style....Nice picture.

peace
mf

jhick
04-15-2008, 10:26
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj132/l8tr_dude/ninja.jpg

camojack
04-15-2008, 10:43
You're good, kiddo. ;)

Gray Blazer
04-15-2008, 10:45

I didn't know jugglers have balls.......wait a minute, I guess they have lots of balls!!

Mother's Finest
04-15-2008, 10:48

I second Camo....Well done.

peace
mf

Gray Blazer
04-15-2008, 10:51

How do you do that??

jhick
04-15-2008, 11:23
photoshop... great program. it's great what you can do with it with a little practice.

TOW
04-15-2008, 12:09
fantastic!

Trillium
04-15-2008, 23:26
photoshop... great program. it's great what you can do with it with a little practice.you sir, have mad skills!

Gray Blazer
04-16-2008, 10:53
photoshop... great program. it's great what you can do with it with a little practice.

I'm not seeing your photos in your posts. It's all a blank.:confused: Not even seeing the required 7 characters.:confused:

Sly
04-16-2008, 11:25
I'm not seeing your photos in your posts. It's all a blank.:confused: Not even seeing the required 7 characters.:confused:

Try this...

Gray Blazer
04-16-2008, 11:41
Sly, I'm not seeing anything there either. It's no biggie, I just feel dumb.:o

Mother's Finest
04-16-2008, 12:08

Thats ok GB,

I feel dumb almost everyday.

(insert your own line here)
(I am married, I own my own business, I voted for Bush/Clinton/Perot
I am sure you guys can get much more creative than I can

peace
mf

jhick
04-16-2008, 12:36

Are you at home or on a network at work? Some workplaces may block the photobucket domain.

Gray Blazer
04-16-2008, 13:09
Are you at home or on a network at work? Some workplaces may block the photobucket domain.
At work.....and while I was away from home last week the kids screwed up the computer. So keep a best of folder and I'll view them someday.

mweinstone
04-16-2008, 14:27
hanging at standing bear. painting rentle for curtis and maria about twenty minutes from here. worked yesterday and today while curtiss planted trees outside. alot of satisfaction working right now to releive stress. i may stay a day or more still.

mweinstone
04-16-2008, 14:32
lots of cool hikers and baltimore jack is comming tonight or tommorow . will be good to see a friend. curtiss and maria are gracious hosts and let the folks breath and decompress here. rockhound works for curtiss and is great fun. me and him are hangin tight. lots of snow and cold up top and warm and sunny and 70's here. i love this world. i only get a signal in the car to and from work. ill make calls from hot springs. god is good. ate at marias resturant and its the best mexican food around. others waiting to use this thing.

Mother's Finest
04-16-2008, 14:40
?????????

check pm's

peace
mf

Frolicking Dinosaurs
04-16-2008, 15:07
::: Dino seen inspecting Matty toes and pronouncing them healthy :::
::: Matty seen giggling because sneaky Dino tickled his feet :::

sloopjonboswell
04-16-2008, 17:29
cell phone hill, toker point, take a pee ridge. good trail up from the chicken coup. hey matty, im real jealous and i hope to come see you while your still hanging out in the south. please keep us all up-to-date when you can. i got money riding on ya.
-pike county

TOW
04-16-2008, 20:59
::: Dino seen inspecting Matty toes and pronouncing them healthy :::
::: Matty seen giggling because sneaky Dino tickled his feet :::
you r thar?:eek:

camojack
04-16-2008, 21:26
hanging at standing bear. painting rentle for curtis and maria about twenty minutes from here. worked yesterday and today while curtiss planted trees outside. alot of satisfaction working right now to releive stress. i may stay a day or more still.
Still waiting for Johnny Thunder? :confused:

Mother's Finest
04-16-2008, 22:30
I can only conclude from your message that everything is all good on your end...?!?!?

I was out running. You can imagine that I wished I did not miss that one.

peace
mf

Wonder
04-16-2008, 23:20
So wish I was there with ya, bro! Prolly my favorite place to chill along the trail. Please send Curtis and Maria my love! and sprocket if he's there!

Panzer1
04-16-2008, 23:50
Don't grow any roots there dude.

Panzer

mweinstone
04-18-2008, 07:59
my 4th zero here is wonderful. working with curtiss is a godsend. had dinner in the house with the kids and mom and dad. fish, green beans, garlic bread, cole slaw, and scalloped potatoes. all home cooked by maria. shes selling their rental property 20 mins from here. its oh so sweet. 5 acres , a creek. stone house with decks galore, outbuildings, timber and seclution. all for 160,000. wow. in pa it would be a mil. an artist stone mason made cool works around the house and we resqued the shepperd the rotton tennents abandoned. we call him cheif and he was ribs and sadness. one day later and fifty pounds of food, hes waggin and prancin and cool as crap.will concider waiting for thunderchild. estimate his position panzer. prayers fro max.oxoxooxoxoxodad

mweinstone
04-18-2008, 08:02
skypilots here. started with him and others on springer. he was in nam with mala. flew cobras. lots of young iraqi war vets here. very sad. so young. and so different from others when they return. prayers for troops.

camojack
04-18-2008, 08:09
my 4th zero here is wonderful. working with curtiss is a godsend. had dinner in the house with the kids and mom and dad. fish, green beans, garlic bread, cole slaw, and scalloped potatoes. all home cooked by maria. shes selling their rental property 20 mins from here. its oh so sweet. 5 acres , a creek. stone house with decks galore, outbuildings, timber and seclution. all for 160,000. wow. in pa it would be a mil. an artist stone mason made cool works around the house and we resqued the shepperd the rotton tennents abandoned. we call him cheif and he was ribs and sadness. one day later and fifty pounds of food, hes waggin and prancin and cool as crap.will concider waiting for thunderchild. estimate his position panzer. prayers fro max.oxoxooxoxoxodad
You hikin', or settling down? :-?

TOW
04-18-2008, 08:54
Let Matty take as long as he likes, the hiking is much more fun that way......

Lugnut
04-18-2008, 10:41
Let Matty take as long as he likes, the hiking is much more fun that way......

Now he may find time to call you! :p

Panzer1
04-18-2008, 12:30
He's going to buy that rental house, isn't he..

Panzer

Mother's Finest
04-18-2008, 13:55
He's going to buy that rental house, isn't he..

Panzer

With his good looks, charm and wit.

Matty, matty, matty, how cryptic are we....you just like messin with my head

peace
mf

Frolicking Dinosaurs
04-18-2008, 16:28
::: Dino tells Matty to stop praying for unborn great-grandson (http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/lowcarbscoop/Cody-age35minutes4-18-08-forweb.jpg) and start praying for newborn great-grandson (http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/lowcarbscoop/AmandaChriswithnewbornCodyforweb.jpg) :::

mweinstone
04-18-2008, 18:21
miss janets here! she pulled up minutes ago! wow! mothers finest i got it.

TOW
04-18-2008, 19:40
miss janets here! she pulled up minutes ago! wow! mothers finest i got it.
no you don't, i got it...........in fact i always had it!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Mother's Finest
04-18-2008, 19:54
no you don't, i got it...........in fact i always had it!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Well, I never had it, and I am glad Matt has it now.

Go FLYERS!!!!

peace
mf

bfitz
04-19-2008, 02:34
I had it for a while but then I lost it.

Rockhound
04-19-2008, 05:13
He is at standing bear farm. He has been at standing bear farm. It appears as though he intends to stay at standing bear farm for a while. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dances with Mice
04-19-2008, 06:31
He is at standing bear farm. He has been at standing bear farm. It appears as though he intends to stay at standing bear farm for a while. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please, everybody: Let Matt zero his own zeroes.

Wonder
04-19-2008, 09:31
Well, I never had it, and I am glad Matt has it now.

Go FLYERS!!!!

peace
mf

With the lack of mass media in this place......please tell me how my fly-boys are doin'

oh, and I still love matt

sloopjonboswell
04-19-2008, 10:46
ask curtis if he still has my boots, the vasques with all the super glue. you still like steak right? no bacon, but still steak.
-pike

Panzer1
04-19-2008, 12:03
Please, everybody: Let Matt zero his own zeroes.

I heard of "hike your own hike" but "zero your own zero" is a new one for me.

Panzer

Matty, get hiking...

Ps, I'm heading out to get some bacon...

mweinstone
04-19-2008, 12:56
send bacon to hot springs. will leave here monday morn at the earlyest. and latest. wheres johnney thunder? i also need these things sent. bacon. that is all. miss janet left today to continue her mini magic trip. she may be going to hot springs or ashvill. lots of great hikers and some awfull ones who talk crap and gear and miles and race and dont have fun. this is the best zeroset ive ever taken. standing bear farm is lush and wonderful. does anyone know what happened to my maildrop that trail angel mary sent to the budget inn. still waiting for baltimore jack tarlin to show up. jack? did you eat my box?

mweinstone
04-19-2008, 12:58
just ate 4 eggs, onion and butter with bagels ive carryied since springer on the 17th. the last one had tiny mold spots . i denied their existance and renued my hiker trash certification in one meal!

Dances with Mice
04-19-2008, 13:05
I heard of "hike your own hike" but "zero your own zero" is a new one for me..Matt's breaking all the molds.

Or maybe just eating them.

mweinstone
04-19-2008, 13:07
its cool to relax in the start of a hike and not be in a hurry. i have nowhere to be and time to flee.

A-Train
04-19-2008, 13:11
its cool to relax in the start of a hike and not be in a hurry. i have nowhere to be and time to flee.

You didn't hear? Katahdin is closing! Going out of business sale going on NOW. Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! PA Rocks want your boot soles!

Trillium
04-19-2008, 13:22
With the lack of mass media in this place......please tell me how my fly-boys are doin'

oh, and I still love mattI don't know how the fly-boys are doing but I'm seriously worried about my red wings. Going to Nashville for game 6 against the Preds. Home team has won each game thus far.

sorry Wonder, there's 3 pages of hockey coverage in the Free Press but I didn't see one word about the flyers. oh wait, just checked the page with all the standings, box scores and such and it shows that the Flyers lead the Capitals 3-1. Washington won the first game 5-4, Philly won games 2, 3 & 4 2-0, 6-3, and 4-3 in 2OT's on Thursday. They're playing right now! Hey, they're on NBC. It's 0-0 in the 1st 19:01 Philly on the power play

TOW
04-19-2008, 15:05
Matty called me today! He left a message on my voice mail, couldn't understand a damn word he was saying though............

Panzer1
04-19-2008, 16:01
Matty called me today!

It must be a cold day in hell ;););)

Panzer

TOW
04-19-2008, 16:58

Panzer
you might have a point there.............:-?

Heater
04-19-2008, 17:29

Panzer

Cold day (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbKqTsQ3UIw)

camojack
04-19-2008, 19:33
Matty called me today! He left a message on my voice mail, couldn't understand a damn word he was saying though............
Well, at least he (finally) called. The pressure's off!!! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/confused009.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

Gray Blazer
04-19-2008, 21:41
Well, at least he (finally) called. The pressure's off!!! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/confused009.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

Yeah, he could have written a Dear John letter.

rcli4
04-19-2008, 23:22

It really doesn't matter what he said. The fact that he called is enough to show he really cares :>))

Clyde

Wonder
04-20-2008, 00:16
Flyers lost......a tear is shed in Damascus.......oh, well, at least Brasher plays for the Capitals......(coolest Flyer ever!!!!)

Heater
04-20-2008, 00:25
Flyers lost......a tear is shed in Damascus.......oh, well, at least Brasher plays for the Capitals......(coolest Flyer ever!!!!)

Go figure... :rolleyes:

camojack
04-20-2008, 02:33
Yeah, he could have written a Dear John letter.
But his name isn't John... :D

mweinstone
04-20-2008, 07:04
drama of the dali lamma couldnt be worse. two married women came in last night and pulled curtis aside telling him they are affraid of a hiker who everyone loves. creating dramma by asking to speak to curtis in private was their mistake. everyone is uncomfortable around them cause the hiker is so so nice and so obviously harmless. hes even great.and his good nature reputation preceeded him by a day. i spoke to the woman this morn and shes nice too. she just made a bad judgement call and then a dramma fart ,...and ,..well,...mala was needed.
hikers almost to about a one concider the trail facillitys theirs to trash. please clean up a mess and dont steal soap or coffie. and how about learning not to strobe your light in a dark hostile .when tenting is available, how bout not takeing our sleep with your gulping gurgeling sleep disordered arithmia and not jerking ooof in your bag in crowds. hey! heres an idea! dont leave your packs and poles blocking benches and dont be a loud talker in the pre dawn

mrc237
04-20-2008, 07:15
...............how about dirty muddy shoes off the table

TOW
04-20-2008, 11:27
What, somebody stroking their rod in a crowd? Exhibitionist!

Mother's Finest
04-20-2008, 12:34
Gotta be a relaxing time down there. I will see you in MD. Just be cool and don't sweat anything.

As to those Flyers, I went to my first pro hockey game in about ten years last Thursday. they will take the series tomorrow night.

peace
mf

trailangelmary
04-20-2008, 12:34
does anyone know what happened to my maildrop that trail angel mary sent to the budget inn.:confused:

Attn: Matt,
I found my receipt and here is the result of my tracking the package

Delivery Notification

Dear Customer,

This is in response to your request for delivery information concerning the shipment listed below.

Tracking Number: 1Z 874 EW9 03 1829 069 6
Service: GROUND
Weight: 8.00 Lbs
Shipped/Billed On: 03/20/2008
Delivered On: 03/24/2008 1:51 P.M.
Delivered To: FRANKLIN , NC , US
Signed By: HAVEN

Thank you for giving us this opportunity to serve you.

Sincerely,
UPS

Tracking results provided by UPS: 04/20/2008 12:23 P.M. ET

So, Weren't you there after March 24? Should I call Ron and ask him to mail it to you or do you want to call him?:confused:
Love ya,
Mary

Panzer1
04-20-2008, 12:45
drama of the dali lamma couldnt be worse. two married women came in last night and pulled curtis aside telling him they are affraid of a hiker who everyone loves. creating dramma by asking to speak to curtis in private was their mistake. everyone is uncomfortable around them cause the hiker is so so nice and so obviously harmless. hes even great.and his good nature reputation preceeded him by a day. i spoke to the woman this morn and shes nice too. she just made a bad judgement call and then a dramma fart ,...and ,..well,...mala was needed.
hikers almost to about a one concider the trail facillitys theirs to trash. please clean up a mess and dont steal soap or coffie. and how about learning not to strobe your light in a dark hostile .when tenting is available, how bout not takeing our sleep with your gulping gurgeling sleep disordered arithmia and not jerking ooof in your bag in crowds. hey! heres an idea! dont leave your packs and poles blocking benches and dont be a loud talker in the pre dawn

Matty, I think its time to move on. The trail awaits you.

Panzer

ps. in your honor, Carol is making center cut bacon and pancakes for breakfast.:p

sloopjonboswell
04-20-2008, 12:51
Go matty go! matthewski is a hiking god.

mweinstone
04-20-2008, 12:55
the two women and the hiker felt good leaveing. thats the point. their problem was resolved and they may become friends. thats all.