PDA

View Full Version : Where's Matthewski?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

camojack
06-20-2008, 23:16
Brought Matty back to Waynesboro Tuesday PM with Bfitz. Presumably, he left town Wednesday AM. For most folks, this would mean he'll be in Front Royal around Tuesday and should be here in Harpers Ferry next Friday afternoon.
Of course, this is Matty we're talking about.
He'll be here in Harper's a week from Sunday. :D
Thanks for the update, my friend. :)

Wonder
06-20-2008, 23:36
So, Wonder, will you be here in Duncannon for the feed July 4th weekend?

I'm very sorry.....but no. I work in the tourist industry, so.......
I'll be leaving my job in the end of July. Should be heading north then. I could see a stop in DUncannon..........it's on the way, ya know;)

trailangelmary
06-21-2008, 01:24
Should be heading north then. I could see a stop in DUncannon..........it's on the way, ya know That would be cool. I didn't get to spend much time with you at Trail Days.

camojack
06-23-2008, 07:42
Matt just called from Gravel Springs Gap, one of the (many!) places where the current A.T. intersects the original A.T.

He expects to be in Front Royal by Friday...

Fannypack
06-23-2008, 07:58
Matt just called from Gravel Springs Gap, one of the (many!) places where the current A.T. intersects the original A.T.

He expects to be in Front Royal by Friday...
????what route is he taking? Is he doing every side trail on the way to Front Royal?

obviously, hyoh, but i am just curious about his route?

camojack
06-23-2008, 08:17
????what route is he taking? Is he doing every side trail on the way to Front Royal?

obviously, hyoh, but i am just curious about his route?
He has been doing some road walking on Skyline Drive (the original A.T.) and some hiking on the current A.T.

jessicacomp
06-23-2008, 16:06
He's actually in Front Royal today. He is planning to be at Harpers Ferry on Friday.

Panzer1
06-23-2008, 16:12
Beginning of week 15.

Panzer

Mother's Finest
06-23-2008, 16:14
Warning Will Robinson.........

When you planning your PA cruise?

I am guessing you will come thru Port Clinton sometime post july 4th....

By the way, Umberger Orange is no longer called that. They traded him. He ain't on the team anymore.

peace
mf

camojack
06-23-2008, 17:43
He's actually in Front Royal today. He is planning to be at Harpers Ferry on Friday.
Hmmm...that's some pretty fast hiking. :-?

trailangelmary
06-23-2008, 18:04
Waynesboro to Front Royal - 107 miles in 5-6 days!! He's averaging 17-18 mile days!!

Lone Wolf
06-23-2008, 18:07
Hmmm...that's some pretty fast hiking. :-?

he'll yellow-blaze come friday

camojack
06-23-2008, 18:18
he'll yellow-blaze come friday
Seems to me he already did. :eek:

Lone Wolf
06-23-2008, 18:19
Seems to me he already did. :eek:

to front royal, then friday to h.f.

camojack
06-23-2008, 19:03
to front royal, then friday to h.f.
Maybe he'll actually hike to Harpers Ferry? :confused:

Lone Wolf
06-23-2008, 19:05
Maybe he'll actually hike to Harpers Ferry? :confused:

that section sucks. i'd yellow-blaze it too

camojack
06-24-2008, 01:04
that section sucks. i'd yellow-blaze it too
Maybe he will. :-?

bfitz
06-24-2008, 03:02
Im pretty sure he hiked to harpers ferry after he hitched there from waynesboro to meet me, whereupon I drove him back to waynesboro so he could hike back to front royal, where maybe Ill pick him up, drive to harpers ferry, pick up jack, hang out at my place and take him back to FR so he can hike to Harpers. Is this making more sense now?

camojack
06-24-2008, 03:34
Im pretty sure he hiked to harpers ferry after he hitched there from waynesboro to meet me, whereupon I drove him back to waynesboro so he could hike back to front royal, where maybe Ill pick him up, drive to harpers ferry, pick up jack, hang out at my place and take him back to FR so he can hike to Harpers. Is this making more sense now?
Ummm...no. :D

Jack Tarlin
06-24-2008, 08:22
There's a new, and very large Chinese Buffet in nearby Charles Town. Am curious as to what Matty is capable of doing to it. See you in a few days.

trailangelmary
06-24-2008, 11:51
Hi Matty,
Since you are moving along faster than I expected change in the voice mail I left you. Only one package at Harper's Ferry not two.

Mother's Finest
06-24-2008, 12:24

you know it broseph.

peace
mf

mweinstone
06-25-2008, 11:23
walked skyline all the way. stayed at comfort inn free cause they messed up. did two 23 milers in a row and an 18 into front royal. dude and me and johnney thunder will return to the trail today. max got busted this morning in south philly and is in jail being prossesed. my glee is gone and im upset. i can do nothing for him and will hike on. moneys tight but i can make it if i can even think about hiking. sorry im not up to much misspelled jokelyness just now. max is on a bad trip . maby this will change things. prayer and frosting. prayer and fasting. some things can only be accomplished whith prayer and fasting. ill try frosting for other needs. im scared for the one i love the most. i predickted this. im sorry. im not on hiking just now. thanks for being here blazers. all the excitement of the trip is on hold for some needed bumming out. i belive one must look around when one falls in a well of darkness before getting up to get out. just sort of take a minute to absorb the reality of the fall.

Dances with Mice
06-25-2008, 12:34
Hugs, Matt.

trailangelmary
06-25-2008, 12:42
Hugs, Matt.
Ditto, Matt

Mother's Finest
06-25-2008, 15:36
awwwwwww mannnnn

your freakin kid........but that is what he is there for. to make mistakes, hopefully learn from them, and not repeat them.

Be cool brother. You know we love you.

peace
mf

camojack
06-25-2008, 16:55
Hugs, Matt.

Ditto, Matt
Yes, from me too. :(

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-25-2008, 17:13
::: Dino wraps a loving and comforting tail around Matty and prays that Max learns from this experience :::

Tin Man
06-25-2008, 17:32
Best wishes to Matty and Max. Be well.

Cool AT Breeze
06-25-2008, 21:30
Hang tough Matty. Keep on hiking to keep your head right.

Wonder
06-27-2008, 11:10
Matt....I'm so sorry. All my love to you........

A-Train
06-27-2008, 18:23
walked skyline all the way. stayed at comfort inn free cause they messed up. did two 23 milers in a row and an 18 into front royal. dude and me and johnney thunder will return to the trail today. max got busted this morning in south philly and is in jail being prossesed. my glee is gone and im upset. i can do nothing for him and will hike on. moneys tight but i can make it if i can even think about hiking. sorry im not up to much misspelled jokelyness just now. max is on a bad trip . maby this will change things. prayer and frosting. prayer and fasting. some things can only be accomplished whith prayer and fasting. ill try frosting for other needs. im scared for the one i love the most. i predickted this. im sorry. im not on hiking just now. thanks for being here blazers. all the excitement of the trip is on hold for some needed bumming out. i belive one must look around when one falls in a well of darkness before getting up to get out. just sort of take a minute to absorb the reality of the fall.

Good luck with everything. Hope things get better.

Blissful
06-27-2008, 19:42
Really sorry to hear about this.

the goat
06-27-2008, 20:01
it'll be alright matty. sorry i missed y'all @ be'la, but i'll see you soon enough.

angewrite
06-27-2008, 21:00

Love you Matt and you know how to get ahold of me if you need anything.

minnesotasmith
06-28-2008, 01:55
He was @ Blackburn as of last night, if I understood his message on my voice mail correctly.

trailangelmary
06-28-2008, 02:01
And back to our regularly scheduled program. I imagine that Matt and the gang are on their way out of Harper's Ferry. Hope they had time to stop in and see Chore Boy and Laura at the Outfitter's.

Skidsteer
06-28-2008, 22:21
Sanitized and sterilized for your safety and enjoyment.

Matt?

There will be no bears.

TOW
06-28-2008, 22:23
It's open again?

Mother's Finest
06-28-2008, 22:30
Sanitized and sterilized for your safety and enjoyment.

Matt?

There will be no bears.

Cool

Go brother.

Hey Matt I hope you could understand me last night. Cause I couldn't.

peace
mf

Pokey2006
06-28-2008, 22:48
It's open again?

Personally, I'm a little disappointed. I agreed that it had to be closed, but why delete all those posts? People should be able to see how posters on here really are, and not just for one day, but for all time.

But, back to the program. I am, indeed, interested in where Matthewski is. Met him, liked him, think he's a character. And wish him the best with his teenager, too.

A-Train
06-29-2008, 01:06
Personally, I'm a little disappointed. I agreed that it had to be closed, but why delete all those posts? People should be able to see how posters on here really are, and not just for one day, but for all time.

But, back to the program. I am, indeed, interested in where Matthewski is. Met him, liked him, think he's a character. And wish him the best with his teenager, too.

yeah I'm a bit miffed. I wrote what I thought was a reasonable suggesion yesterday and I arrive home from Costa Rica tonight to find my post gone and no ability to read what was written in response, other than a PM from one member.

:confused:

bfitz
06-29-2008, 02:40
After a trillion calorie carbo-loading session at the chinese buffet in charlestown in preparation, he was planning on hiking like 38 miles tonight with johnny thunder out of harpers ferry but then it started storming something fierce so I dropped them off at the hostel where they will likely stay the night. Will see them again in Duncannon or thereabouts in a few days. My analysis is that the thing with Max is minor and will work out for the best and Mattski gets another lesson on airing his laundry on whiteblaze. No harm done. He knows everyone meant well in their own peculiar ways.

TOW
06-29-2008, 04:04
I heard Wild Cowboy is hiking with Matty..........

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-29-2008, 06:14
Personally, I'm a little disappointed. I agreed that it had to be closed, but why delete all those posts? People should be able to see how posters on here really are, and not just for one day, but for all time.Excellent point, but leaving those posts would pretty dramatically demonstrate inequities in how the TOS is applied to different posters so they must disappear from public view.

Glad to hear Matty was indoors for last night's storms - I was worried about him - though he has one of the best tents to be riding out such weather (MegaLight (http://www.bdel.com/gear/mega_light.php)) - stable, protective, airy and plenty of room. Go, Matty, go.

MOWGLI
06-29-2008, 06:42
People should be able to see how posters on here really are, and not just for one day, but for all time.

Excellent point, but leaving those posts would pretty dramatically demonstrate inequities in how the TOS is applied to different posters so they must disappear from public view.

Not for nothin', but when you have the same individual over & over again belittling people, being abusive, finding creative ways to bypass the systems profanity filters, and threatening people with physical violence, all the while claiming he's a victim.... It's time to stop deleting posts and pretending these things aren't happening.

Jack Tarlin
06-29-2008, 07:19
This thread is about Matty, so his friends can keep track of his whereabouts, period.

Some people may wish to re-read this, and should do so as often as necessary.

Lone Wolf
06-29-2008, 07:20
as the trail friggin turns :rolleyes:

Lone Wolf
06-29-2008, 07:22
This thread is about Matty, so his friends can keep track of his whereabouts, period.

he has a cell phone. his friends can call him or he can call his friends

MOWGLI
06-29-2008, 07:24

Some people may wish to re-read this, and should do so as often as necessary.

Translation: I may have shat on the floor yesterday, but someone else cleaned it up, so stop complaining.

Lone Wolf
06-29-2008, 07:28
translation: I May Have Shat On The Floor Yesterday, But Someone Else Cleaned It Up, So Stop Complaining.

:d........

Jack Tarlin
06-29-2008, 07:30
Hey, Mowgli, weren't you just whining about the horrible folks who find imaginative ways to sneak around the bad language filters? :D

You're not too shabby yourself!!

In any case, this thread is about Matty, period. People with other agendas REALLY need to take this somewhere else.

saimyoji
06-29-2008, 08:01
here we go again.....:-?

TOW
06-29-2008, 08:16
Gee whiz Jack, it sounds like your working yourself up some more creative speech?

Chill out before you go too far again........

Tin Man
06-29-2008, 08:16

people seldom take a simple do-over as an opportunity to learn and grow. ;)

Sly
06-29-2008, 09:01
he has a cell phone. his friends can call him or he can call his friends

Yup, I'm not sure where he is but his voice mail left a message for my voice mail and visa versa.

jessicacomp
06-29-2008, 09:26
After a trillion calorie carbo-loading session at the chinese buffet in charlestown in preparation, he was planning on hiking like 38 miles tonight with johnny thunder out of harpers ferry but then it started storming something fierce so I dropped them off at the hostel where they will likely stay the night. Will see them again in Duncannon or thereabouts in a few days. My analysis is that the thing with Max is minor and will work out for the best and Mattski gets another lesson on airing his laundry on whiteblaze. No harm done. He knows everyone meant well in their own peculiar ways.

hey mr. bfitz, can you bring my shoes to duncannon? i obviously forgot to send you my address.
There are so many people I cant wait to see that will be in duncannon this weekend. I will probably try and doing a running hug for everyone of them that I see.

trailangelmary
06-29-2008, 10:19
Yup, I'm not sure where he is but his voice mail left a message for my voice mail and visa versa
It is actually hard to talk to Matty directly. I have only gotten to talk to him directly once on the phone and he was in a hurry so didn't really have time to catch up.
But I did receive a voice mail from him on Friday!

Sly
06-29-2008, 10:28

I'd prefer no moderation. Why close a thread because of a few unruly posts that have nothing to do with the topic?

NICKTHEGREEK
06-29-2008, 11:26
Hey, Mowgli, weren't you just whining about the horrible folks who find imaginative ways to sneak around the bad language filters? :D

In any case, this thread is about Matty, period. People with other agendas REALLY need to take this somewhere else.
So where will you be going or don't you remember your posts from yesterday?

warren doyle
06-29-2008, 12:05
Not for nothin', but when you have the same individual over & over again belittling people, being abusive, finding creative ways to bypass the systems profanity filters, and threatening people with physical violence, all the while claiming he's a victim.... It's time to stop deleting posts and pretending these things aren't happening.

Precisely.
Belittling people, being abusive and threatening people with physical violence is an accurate description of WB's #1 bully.

I'm not the least surprised.

Gee whiz Jack, it sounds like your working yourself up some more creative speech?

Chill out before you go too far again........

Good advice. Stay tuned to the same channel to find out.

So where will you be going or don't you remember your posts from yesterday?

Good question. Stay tuned to the same channel to find out the answer.

rickb
06-29-2008, 12:18

Jack lost the moral high ground with his threats of physical assault, and his discovery that he could call a person a pussy without getting filtered out.

His friends saw fit to delete those posts on Jack's behalf, but they will still remain part of his legacy for a long time to come for those of us who read them.

Are threats of assault criminal when you can't follow through right away? I don't know, I will leave that for others. But they were reprehensible.

Comparing Mowgli's use of the word "shat" is hardly comparable.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-29-2008, 13:33
Sounds like the admin are getting a pretty clear message from the community about just whose behavior is the most egregious in running people away from WB and keeping people from participating --- and the guy himself is getting called out by the community. Guess we'll see if anything changes. After all, if nothing changes, then the behavior will not change.

Any idea if Matty is hiking today? Weather doesn't look so hot up near HF.

TOW
06-29-2008, 13:45
It seems Jack's online behavior is getting worse......that is when he feels someone needs a tongue lashing.

Perhaps this will tone him down a bit.

I will say one thing about Jack though, besides his tirades once in a great while, he is an eloquent writer and I should hope that one day he sits down and pens a book about his life and where he has been. It would be an excellent read,,,,,,,,

Sly
06-29-2008, 13:50
It seems Jack's online behavior is getting worse......

Yeah, just when I said in another thread he wasn't mean spirited in the general hiking forums. :o (Politics is another matter) Maybe he needs a smoke. :p

NICKTHEGREEK
06-29-2008, 14:22
It seems Jack's online behavior is getting worse......that is when he feels someone needs a tongue lashing.

Perhaps this will tone him down a bit.

I will say one thing about Jack though, besides his tirades once in a great while, he is an eloquent writer and I should hope that one day he sits down and pens a book about his life and where he has been. It would be an excellent read,,,,,,,,
Highly doubtful, people like that are critics and proofreaders not authors. He's a bitter little man.

Heater
06-29-2008, 14:29
I'd prefer no moderation. Why close a thread because of a few unruly posts that have nothing to do with the topic?

I agree.

Case in point. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDWnDS5b_CA)

Pokey2006
06-29-2008, 14:48
You know, it wasn't JUST Jack who was being a bully in that discussion. Yes, Jack's post was bad, but I recall someone else telling me to "get the hell off this thread."

Jack is setting a bad example, and others are following.

trailangelmary
06-29-2008, 14:53
Why don't you all start a thread titled maybe Tongue Lashings or People Bashing or White Blaze Bullies or something to that effect and let this thread return to entries about Matthewski's hike. I am aware that the argumentative part of this thread started with Matthewski's entry but can't we start a new thread for the argumentative part of it?
LOL - means Lots of Love

saimyoji
06-29-2008, 15:06
I agree.

Case in point. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDWnDS5b_CA)

Ha! In the spirit of matty, I think the off topic stuff ain't so bad....but the nasty personal vitriol is very un-matty.

Cookerhiker
06-29-2008, 15:08
Let's limit this thread to the whereabouts of Matthewski. I've never met the man but I hope his hike, as well as that of all prospective thrus, is successful and his family problems are resolved.

trailangelmary
06-29-2008, 15:09
Ha! In the spirit of matty, I think the off topic stuff ain't so bad....but the nasty personal vitriol is very un-matty.

Very true, well put

saimyoji
06-29-2008, 15:17
Let's limit this thread to the whereabouts of Matthewski. I've never met the man but I hope his hike, as well as that of all prospective thrus, is successful and his family problems are resolved.

And bacon.

Bearpaw88
06-29-2008, 15:28
Why don't you all start a thread titled maybe Tongue Lashings or People Bashing or White Blaze Bullies or something to that effect and let this thread return to entries about Matthewski's hike. I am aware that the argumentative part of this thread started with Matthewski's entry but can't we start a new thread for the argumentative part of it?
LOL - means Lots of Love

Trail Angel Mary. What would whiteblaze do without your loving mediation. This is one of many great posts I've read by you like this. Lol lots of love- thats great!
Now that sounds very Matty from what I gleamed from him when we met:sun

Panzer1
06-29-2008, 15:35
And bacon.

and other things that you can do with bacon besides just eating it...

Like using the bacon fat to burn in a bacon fat lantern.. Does anyone even know how to make a bacon fat lantern???

and using bacon fat in a bacon fat stove. What would one of those look like?

and how would you transport the bacon fat without getting it all over the inside of your pack?

Panzer

saimyoji
06-29-2008, 16:42
and other things that you can do with bacon besides just eating it...

Like using the bacon fat to burn in a bacon fat lantern.. Does anyone even know how to make a bacon fat lantern???

and using bacon fat in a bacon fat stove. What would one of those look like?

and how would you transport the bacon fat without getting it all over the inside of your pack?

Panzer

Well, wouldn't all the fat be consumed, hence negating the possibility of other uses of bacon fat? Now, the bacon bra that came up some time ago is definitely an interesting multi-use item. :cool:

Panzer1
06-29-2008, 17:25
Well, wouldn't all the fat be consumed, hence negating the possibility of other uses of bacon fat? .... :cool:

well what I was talking about is the grease that is left over after you cook bacon.

Panzer

saimyoji
06-29-2008, 17:28
well what I was talking about is the grease that is left over after you cook bacon.

Panzer

wouldn't a true pork-a-phile drink that down?

Panzer1
06-29-2008, 17:33
no, I don't think so, it probably wouldn't be good to drink:eek:.

Panzer

TheTank
06-29-2008, 17:50
no, I don't think so, it probably wouldn't be good to drink:eek:.

Panzer

Nonsenese, bacon grease is a great source of calories to keep you hiking. I am not sure what the calorie to weight ratio is for that, but I would assume it is similar to other fats like butter and olive oil, which are up around 200 calories per ounce, close to twice what you get from most foods that are primarily carbohydrates like pasta and rice.

Chaco Taco
06-29-2008, 18:05
I lost the crew in Harpers Ferry and went on with the challenge. If anyone talks to them Im at the Free State Hostel. I cant go on today, Im toast.

trailangelmary
06-29-2008, 18:33

wouldn't a true pork-a-phile drink that down?

Save Bacon fat to use in roux instead of butter.

Or coat bread in bacon fat instead of eggs and fry for bacon french toast.

Tin Man
06-29-2008, 22:05
Nonsenese, bacon grease is a great source of calories to keep you hiking. I am not sure what the calorie to weight ratio is for that, but I would assume it is similar to other fats like butter and olive oil, which are up around 200 calories per ounce, close to twice what you get from most foods that are primarily carbohydrates like pasta and rice.

But wouldn't the extra, um... stops, counteract the benefit of more energy?

Jack Tarlin
06-29-2008, 22:10
This thread is about Matty, and it's a place for his friends to send him messages and keep track of his whereabouts.

That's all it's for.

Folks not interested in this should probably post elsewhere.

Please re-read above as often as necessary...... :rolleyes:

Tin Man
06-29-2008, 22:14
Sorry Jack, I thought this was the bacon thread.

Posts = 1584
Bacon posts = 146 or less than 10%

How's Matty? Did he make it out of HF today?

bfitz
06-29-2008, 22:20
I lost the crew in Harpers Ferry and went on with the challenge. If anyone talks to them Im at the Free State Hostel. I cant go on today, Im toast.They were speculating.

On the topic of internet drama, I figure everyone gets to be an ******* in their own idiomatic way. I don't think it's justified to single one ******* out and tar and feather them (except of course, folks are entitled to their opinions and thats what flame posts are for anyway. What internet are you from anyway?). As the song goes, "I'm not innocent, you're not innocent, no-one's innocent." People need to give it a rest. No one partakes in that faux-innocuous antagonizing without knowing and deserving exactly what they're going to get. :rolleyes:

trailangelmary
06-29-2008, 22:27
This thread is about Matty, and it's a place for his friends to send him messages and keep track of his whereabouts.

And Bacon because he loves bacon!!!!

trailangelmary
06-29-2008, 22:29
And I am planning on extra bacon for the feed coming up because I know he loves bacon!:dance

TOW
06-29-2008, 23:03
Oh horse crap! Turkey is better than bacon..........

trailangelmary
06-29-2008, 23:09
Oh I agree, especially wild turkey. I sent Matty a food drop with a dehydrated wild turkey dinner and dehydrated bacon cheeseburger soup. I hope it tastes good when he rehydrates it. It was my first attempt at dehydrating meals.

Jack Tarlin
06-29-2008, 23:11
Re: Mary's "bacon cheeseburger soup" and her sincere hope that it tastes good when Matty dehydrates it.

Um, Mary, it doesn't even sound good when you DESCRIBE it!! :eek:

trailangelmary
06-29-2008, 23:15
Um, Mary, it doesn't even sound good when you DESCRIBE it!!
Well it must have looked good when I made it for trail days two or three years ago. You ate three bowls of it!!!

Jack Tarlin
06-29-2008, 23:30
Great, so what are you saying.......you've just mailed Matty some three-year old soup? :eek:

Geez, maybe I better head up to Duncannon and take over the kitchen before it's too late! :D

saimyoji
07-02-2008, 07:56
I'll take some of that cheeseburger bacon soupyness. Add some brocoli and tabasco in mine. :)

trailangelmary
07-02-2008, 09:07
Great, so what are you saying.......you've just mailed Matty some three-year old soup?

Geez, maybe I better head up to Duncannon and take over the kitchen before it's too late!

LOL - You're funy Jack

camojack
07-02-2008, 15:05
That's all it's for.
Folks not interested in this should probably post elsewhere.
Please re-read above as often as necessary...... :rolleyes:
So...where is he, then? :confused:

Good point. Anyway, I started this thread, and most definitely agree with said point. ;)

I'm just outside Denali; will check in again as the opportunity affords itself.

Y'all kids play nice, or they'll put you in "time out" again... :eek:

jessicacomp
07-02-2008, 15:14
So...where is he, then? :confused:

He just called me a a couple minutes ago, but I didnt get to my phone in time. He left me a message saying that he is at iron master's in Pine Grove and needs to get to Duncannon to Trail Angel Mary's. His phone isnt working though.

Jack Tarlin
07-02-2008, 15:16
Mary's phone number is posted here, so he should give her a buzz.

Or he can hike for another day and hitch from Boiling Springs.

Or Bfitz and I can snag him Friday morning if we know where the hell he is.

If you talk to him again, tell him to get in touch with one of us.

angewrite
07-02-2008, 17:11
I just talked to Matty. He got a shuttle and is on his way to the Doyle.

bfitz
07-02-2008, 17:16
A shuttle! Why? The trail goes straight to the doyle.

Panzer1
07-02-2008, 18:53
I just talked to Matty. He got a shuttle and is on his way to the Doyle.

Room 23 I'm sure.:)

Panzer

angewrite
07-02-2008, 18:55
Room 23 I'm sure.:)

Panzer

As a matter of fact he called Vickey before he called me :)

mweinstone
07-03-2008, 07:57
heres what weve learned. that next years useless gear contest will be won by my ass fan. its a dollar store fan with a cover made to protect the blade, ducktaped into your wind pants. they will be marketed as wind pants. blows directly on the ass. also,...johnney thunder has cootys. and,...room 23 is so mine. now hear this,..im at iron masters mansion in pine grove in trail miles. im in duncannon in my skin. and im hiking in my mind. got it?got a shuttle from the mansion yesterday after a spectacular 17.4 mile jog. its a creamy peice of sidewalking. since shenendoa its been so cool. my son had brass n
knuckles in a car and has a court date. all is well out here . my body is a rock . ladys? 23. i walked from harpers to pa in two days. a 23.5 and a 21.5. 20 is easy now. 23 is easy now. baltimore jack hooked us all up with everything we needed in harpers. hes so frigging great. trail angle marys house out.

jessicacomp
07-03-2008, 08:16
i am excited to see you matt. just a few hours :)

angewrite
07-03-2008, 08:54
i walked from harpers to pa in two days.

I did it in 1 ;)

So, Harrisburg airport 8:35 I'll be there, will you?

camojack
07-03-2008, 12:04
heres what weve learned. that next years useless gear contest will be won by my ass fan. its a dollar store fan with a cover made to protect the blade, ducktaped into your wind pants. they will be marketed as wind pants. blows directly on the ass. also,...johnney thunder has cootys. and,...room 23 is so mine. now hear this,..im at iron masters mansion in pine grove in trail miles. im in duncannon in my skin. and im hiking in my mind. got it?got a shuttle from the mansion yesterday after a spectacular 17.4 mile jog. its a creamy peice of sidewalking. since shenendoa its been so cool. my son had brass n
knuckles in a car and has a court date. all is well out here . my body is a rock . ladys? 23. i walked from harpers to pa in two days. a 23.5 and a 21.5. 20 is easy now. 23 is easy now. baltimore jack hooked us all up with everything we needed in harpers. hes so frigging great. trail angle marys house out.
DUDE!!!

Hello from Fairbanks. ;)

Heater
07-05-2008, 12:37
I gotta post his link to this thread.

Bacon cups (http://s179.photobucket.com/albums/w310/muthachickenbbq/?action=view&current=941af11d.pbw)

Sly
07-05-2008, 12:44
Hello from Fairbanks. ;)

If you have time, you should PM Yappy. She lives in Fairbanks

saimyoji
07-05-2008, 13:42

smokymtnsteve?

Sly
07-05-2008, 13:45
smokymtnsteve?

No Yappy isn't Steve (she's a gal) but yeah him too.

saimyoji
07-05-2008, 13:54
No Yappy isn't Steve (she's a gal) but yeah him too.

yeah I know they are diffn't people. thanks, tho.;)

angewrite
07-05-2008, 23:20
Matt is currently alseep in room 23 while Bobcat. The Dude and Baltimore Jack are in the bar

OregonHiker
07-06-2008, 02:03

camojack
07-06-2008, 11:17
I only spent one night in Fairbanks; I'm in the Yukon Territory (Canada) now.

I hiked along the Yukon River yesterday. Real pretty country, it is.
(Tomorrow I'm heading for Skagway, AK)

Matt is currently alseep in room 23 while Bobcat. The Dude and Baltimore Jack are in the bar
And just what is it about Room #23 that keeps Matt going back there?! :confused:

saimyoji
07-06-2008, 11:25

Why not just dump this post? :sun:sun:sun:sun:sun:sun

Sly
07-06-2008, 15:11
I'm in the Yukon Territory (Canada) now.

I hiked along the Yukon River yesterday. Real pretty country, it is.

Someone put a bug in my ear about floating the Yukon from Whitehorse. I think it's something like 3000 miles with no portages or whitewater. Sounds great.

Panzer1
07-07-2008, 00:09
And just what is it about Room #23 that keeps Matt going back there?! :confused:

The "vortex" leads to that room.

Panzer
ps I always stay in room 24 as I don't like getting too close to the vortex. Don't want to get sucked in.

camojack
07-07-2008, 02:34
Someone put a bug in my ear about floating the Yukon from Whitehorse. I think it's something like 3000 miles with no portages or whitewater. Sounds great.

The Yukon does flow uninterrupted from Whitehorse (where I am right now, in fact) to the Bering Sea.

It does sound great, but only during a limited "window of opportunity".
(Before the killer mosquitos get too thick, that is)

However, I did catch a power catamaran (http://www.pbase.com/mad_monte1/image/54935650) on the Yukon from Eagle, AK to Dawson City; that's a little over 100 miles.

I always stay in room 24 as I don't like getting too close to the vortex. Don't want to get sucked in.
I stayed in Room #22 once. It's right next to Room #23...

Panzer1
07-10-2008, 23:50
Windsor Furnace shelter as of Thursday 7/10

Panzer

Panzer1
07-11-2008, 16:11
Eckville shelter as of Friday.

Panzer

Wonder
07-11-2008, 22:38
Bummer......he is going to be way outta range when I get up there in a few weeks......poopy

darkage
07-13-2008, 15:12
Ran into him about an hour ago while leaving Smith gap road heading towards wind gap .... He told me to "Search" his name online ... lmao ... this was the first stop i saw ... so yeah, thats where he is as of july 13th around 1pm ...

Mother's Finest
07-13-2008, 17:15
darkage that must have been your ride in that blue car......glad you made it.

our boy and his people should be staying tonight at Leroy Smith Shelter.

Panzer and I dropped off water and food at Little Gap, then along with Tricks, slacked some of the folks packs over to Smith Gap.

The group of cats Matty and Johnny are hiking with are cool and kind people. They can move. I wish everyone I met today good luck and enjoyment on the rest of your hike.

peace
mf

darkage
07-13-2008, 19:04
Aye, That was me ... i had planed on going to wind gap for the weekend but had to stop at smith gap cause of cramps that wouldn't stop ... was cool the little i talked with ya'll ... glad to help him out with moleskin .. i never use it to begin with ... Taker easy.

lunchbx
07-13-2008, 20:53
would anyone know if he's hiking with his phone? he's on my stomping grounds i think i got to go visit him for some very special trail majic

angewrite
07-13-2008, 21:45
would anyone know if he's hiking with his phone? he's on my stomping grounds i think i got to go visit him for some very special trail majic

He has his phone but it's off most of the time since the only way he has to charge it is with a portable charger using double A batteries.

Panzer1
07-13-2008, 23:17
He has his phone but it's off most of the time since the only way he has to charge it is with a portable charger using double A batteries.

Well, as of today, he has fresh AA batteries.

Panzer

camojack
07-14-2008, 01:18
I guess he'll be in NJ in a couple of days...

trailangelmary
07-14-2008, 18:01
Camo,
Are you back from your trip. Hope you had a great time.

Panzer1
07-14-2008, 23:35
Here they are..

Matthewski and Johnny Thunder

This was taken in PA, just north of Palmerton.

Panzer

Panzer1
07-14-2008, 23:42
More pics of our guys.
"Bag of Tricks", Mathewski, Wapakap and other, not sure of their names. (Shua?)

Panzer

camojack
07-15-2008, 01:05
Camo,
Are you back from your trip. Hope you had a great time.
Yes, I'm back, as of Sunday morning. It was awesome... :banana

trailangelmary
07-15-2008, 01:14
More pics of our guys.
"Bag of Tricks", Mathewski, Wapakap and other, not sure of their names. (Shua?)
To me the second pic looks like snackies, barracus & wakapak with Matthewski

Yes, I'm back, as of Sunday morning. It was awesome..
Cool beans. Anxious to see your pics. And glad it was a safe trip.

camojack
07-15-2008, 01:36
Cool beans. Anxious to see your pics. And glad it was a safe trip.
I took plenty of pictures [1260, to be exact], and uploaded them onto my computer.
(A lot of those are duplicates, or didn't come out well)

Now to go through 'em, delete a bunch and upload some to the gallery here. They're not all hiking-related.
(I took a flight to look at Denali National Park from the air, for example)

I got a great shot of a moose, up close and personal, and also of a wolf.

Other pictures of wildlife are from farther away...

Panzer1
07-15-2008, 23:35
Another heat wave is on the way. The next 5 days in a row its supposed to be over 90 degrees. It tough hiking in that kind of heat for so many days in a row.

We also heard from our heroes that some guy named red-eye was arrested.

Panzer

the goat
07-15-2008, 23:43
We also heard from our heroes that some guy named red-eye was arrested.
wonder what for?:-?

Panzer1
07-15-2008, 23:47
wonder what for?:-?

Apparently he was ruffling some feathers on the trail and in town.

Panzer
(trying to be political correct)

the goat
07-15-2008, 23:50
the name "red eye" = i can pretty much guess what he was arrested for........

Heater
07-15-2008, 23:52
the name "red eye" = i can pretty much guess what he was arrested for........

Mooning the Cog?

the goat
07-16-2008, 00:18
Mooning the Cog?
wouldn't that be "brown eye"?...........

........now that i've pondered the level of chafe reached in mid-july, you're absolutely correct!:D

camojack
07-16-2008, 01:14
wouldn't that be "brown eye"?...........
........now that i've pondered the level of chafe reached in mid-july, you're absolutely correct!:D
That's pretty funny, right there... http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/laughing024.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

Panzer1
07-17-2008, 20:08
Also, "Serial" is back on the trail hiking with Mathewski. After Serials pack was stolen, he went home, re-geared, and is now back on the trail.

Panzer

angewrite
07-17-2008, 20:10
Also, "Serial" is back on the trail hiking with Mathewski. After Serials pack was stolen, he went home, re-geared, and is now back on the trail.

Panzer

Serial found his way back on just in time for the Duncannon Billville 4th of July feed :)

Sly
07-18-2008, 15:28
Matty called yesterday morning from Unionville, NY. He sounded like he was doing well before the connection got dropped.

camojack
07-18-2008, 18:56
Matty called yesterday morning from Unionville, NY. He sounded like he was doing well before the connection got dropped.
Did he say if he was staying at the "secret" shelter? :confused:

Chaco Taco
07-18-2008, 19:18
We all stayed there last night and it was incredible. The 2 donkeys that kicked the crap outta each other, the moon rising over the horizon, the lightning bugs everywhere! Just a great place to stay!!!! I highly recommend this stop before Unionville for a nice quiet stop!

Skidsteer
07-18-2008, 20:21

Panzer

Serial found his way back on just in time for the Duncannon Billville 4th of July feed :)

Great news.

Sly
07-18-2008, 20:47
Serial's cool. Repeat offender!

camojack
07-19-2008, 01:11
We all stayed there last night and it was incredible. The 2 donkeys that kicked the crap outta each other, the moon rising over the horizon, the lightning bugs everywhere! Just a great place to stay!!!! I highly recommend this stop before Unionville for a nice quiet stop!
It really is an awesome spot. :)

Chaco Taco
07-19-2008, 06:52
yea it was a great evening especially when someone howls like a coyote andgets the donkeys stirred up. I couldnt stop laughing:D

Chaco Taco
07-19-2008, 06:56
As for Mattie, he has a rash in his armpit, a growth on his forhead and wont stop talking like he is from Jersey. We gotta get him outta this state. Just kiddin, hes fine and wont stop trying to tell me something as I type this. :bse

mweinstone
07-19-2008, 07:33
dear freaks and eaters of coco puffs. did you ever eat cereal with iced tea for milk? i have. have you ever peeled skin off yourself at an allarming rate of square inches of skin pulled per day? i have. have you worn your shirt till it attracts coments in the supermarket for its stench? i do. what about ass zits? got many? i do. and lets all think real hard if we have eaten any weird mixtures of food. i put jerky and m and ms in my mouth with chease and rootbeer. right now im sitting on ingrown hairs and my feet are dead callouse and i didnt notice i was standing on nails. who wants to lay down on a level soft spot more than me? raise your hand. and does anyone have any armpit skin for sale. mine peels off each day and smells like burnning. this church is dead. not a soul. no preachers. no decons. no hikers. no nothin. just million dollar facillitys and lots of rest and three hikers named me and chock and wak. my dear friends, ive lost my ability to be funny online. even my spelling is correct and uninteresting. all i have left of my former whiteblaze personallity is my sencelessness and ridiculasness. sorry. ps. i love my son and no one else. kidding. i also love any girl who wants me.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
07-19-2008, 07:36
::: Moma Dino seen scooping up Matty and giving him big ol' Dino kisses :::

Wonder
07-19-2008, 09:43
MAn....I always new Pennsylvania was a depressing place......j/k

(I'll be there in a week.......)

Panzer1
07-19-2008, 12:03
Its a hot day to be on the trail. Its supposed to go up to 93 today. And another 3 days of 90 or above coming.

Panzer

camojack
07-19-2008, 12:38
dear freaks and eaters of coco puffs. did you ever eat cereal with iced tea for milk? i have. have you ever peeled skin off yourself at an allarming rate of square inches of skin pulled per day? i have. have you worn your shirt till it attracts coments in the supermarket for its stench? i do. what about ass zits? got many? i do. and lets all think real hard if we have eaten any weird mixtures of food. i put jerky and m and ms in my mouth with chease and rootbeer. right now im sitting on ingrown hairs and my feet are dead callouse and i didnt notice i was standing on nails. who wants to lay down on a level soft spot more than me? raise your hand. and does anyone have any armpit skin for sale. mine peels off each day and smells like burnning. this church is dead. not a soul. no preachers. no decons. no hikers. no nothin. just million dollar facillitys and lots of rest and three hikers named me and chock and wak. my dear friends, ive lost my ability to be funny online. even my spelling is correct and uninteresting. all i have left of my former whiteblaze personallity is my sencelessness and ridiculasness. sorry. ps. i love my son and no one else. kidding. i also love any girl who wants me.
There are still plenty of words spelt incorrectly above, Matt...so your reputation is safe. :D

It sounds as though you could use some skin care products, though. :(

PS: We love you, too...

Chaco Taco
07-19-2008, 16:49
He is need of an attitude adjustment, pronto:D

Odd Thomas
07-19-2008, 17:40
@mweinstone

I'm adding Hydrocortizone to my gear list because of you :D

Frolicking Dinosaurs
07-19-2008, 18:47
There are still plenty of words spelt incorrectly above, Matt...so your reputation is safe. :D

PS: We love you, too...::: Moma Dino seen rubbing udder cream on Matty's dry skin :::

camojack
07-19-2008, 20:51
Matt called; he told me he was in Vernon, NJ.

Wonder
07-19-2008, 22:52
Another state line down!!!!!!

Panzer1
07-20-2008, 01:49

PS: We love you, too...

Also you can add " m and ms" to the list. Should be "M&M'S" :D

Panzer
(with nothing better to do than to spell check Matty)

camojack
07-20-2008, 15:48
Also you can add " m and ms" to the list. Should be "M&M'S" :D

Panzer
(with nothing better to do than to spell check Matty)
It wasn't intended to be a complete list, or it would have included "nothin" as well... :eek:

Chaco Taco
07-20-2008, 19:08
Mattie, please call us. :(

STEVEM
07-20-2008, 19:16
Mattie, please call us. :(

Is something wrong?

jessicacomp
07-20-2008, 20:16
Matty called me a little bit ago and told me that he is off the trail. We had a good talk, and he is home in Philly taking care of stuff that needs to be taken care of.

TOW
07-20-2008, 20:39
Matt called; he told me he was in Vernon, NJ.
Well he has not called me.............

Panzer1
07-20-2008, 22:32
Matty called me a little bit ago and told me that he is off the trail. We had a good talk, and he is home in Philly taking care of stuff that needs to be taken care of.

Does that mean he's off the trail for good?:eek::eek::eek:

Panzer

jessicacomp
07-20-2008, 22:39
Yes.
I think he made the right decision though, and I love him all the same! :)

Panzer1
07-20-2008, 23:22
That's still a dam good hike. Springer to NJ... Nothing shabby about that.

Welcome home Matty.

Panzer

Panzer1
07-20-2008, 23:49
I guess this means it'll be bacon every day from now on.:):):)

Panzer

camojack
07-21-2008, 03:57
Yes.
I think he made the right decision though, and I love him all the same! :)
Matt is loved by many. Mostly because he's just so doggone lovable... :-?

Frolicking Dinosaurs
07-21-2008, 04:29
::: Dino curls a loving tail around Matty and wishes him a gentle re-entry to the rat-race :::

Panzer1
07-21-2008, 08:45
So then, that was 19 weeks and more than half the trail. I guess he can pick up next year where he left off.

Panzer

Sly
07-21-2008, 11:29
Matty, take a week or two to get your **** together and get your azz back out there! You're missing the best part!

Cool AT Breeze
07-21-2008, 14:23
Matty you can hike with me again next year.

Lone Wolf
07-21-2008, 14:24
Matty, take a week or two to get your **** together and get your azz back out there! You're missing the best part!

maybe he's had enuf hiking for one season. he's been out over 4 months

Jack Tarlin
07-21-2008, 16:07
Matty:

Hope to see you in Rutland the middle of next month, and I hope you get back on afterwards. Open-ended invitation to you and the folks you're hiking with to stay in Hanover for awhile, and there's plenty of work up this way if you want it and feel like staying around longer.

Mother's Finest
07-21-2008, 20:17
I think my brother is going to be off trail for the season.

When I spoke with him yesterday, he sounded kinda sad.

I think any positive thoughts anyone can send out his way would be a good thing.

I am sure he will post when he gets access to a computer.

peace
mf

Panzer1
07-21-2008, 21:13
I think any positive thoughts anyone can send out his way would be a good thing.

Maybe he could do a southbound starting in July of next year and hike to NJ where he got off the trail. That would give him a year to save up some hiking money and would only commit himself to a approx. 3 month hike. That would mean less expenses and less time off from work.

Panzer

saimyoji
07-21-2008, 21:31
best wishes matty...hope all works out for ya :sun

trailangelmary
07-22-2008, 00:35
Love you Matt. Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

darkage
07-22-2008, 01:05
Hey man, i'm the guy who gave ya the mole skin at smith gap .... maybe i'll see ya next round an put some miles on my feet with ya ... i was at the end of my weekend when we had seen ya's ...

Trillium
07-22-2008, 07:27
I think my brother is going to be off trail for the season.

When I spoke with him yesterday, he sounded kinda sad.

I am sure he will post when he gets access to a computer.

peace
mf
thanks for posting. I sent Matt a pm.

seaside
07-22-2008, 09:47
Matty, I hope everything works out for you.

sloopjonboswell
07-22-2008, 11:21
good show dr. weinstone. twas good to see you trompin through the south. rock on matty, rock on.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
07-22-2008, 12:42
::: Dino peaks into tail curled around Matty and gives him some warm Moma Dino nuggles and loving :::

Dances with Mice
07-22-2008, 12:49
I'm sure he had very good reasons to return home. Getting Matt off the Trail is hard.

But getting the Trail out of Matt is impossible. He'll be back.

jhick
07-22-2008, 14:10
you rock matthewski......

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj132/l8tr_dude/jimi.jpg

hope all is well...

Panzer1
07-25-2008, 00:20
Is this thread dead now?

Panzer :confused:

Sly
07-25-2008, 00:36
Is this thread dead now?

Not necessarily. Matty may figure out he's better off on the trail than doing what ever he's doing in Philly.

camojack
07-25-2008, 05:39
Is this thread dead now?

Panzer :confused:
Well, it doesn't have to be...as long as Matt is somewhere.

I guess it doesn't have to be on the Trail... :-?

TOW
07-25-2008, 06:33
maybe he is planning on returning?

camojack
07-25-2008, 10:06
maybe he is planning on returning?
Not 'til next year...if then. Time (and circumstances) will tell... :cool:

Frolicking Dinosaurs
07-25-2008, 10:32
::: Dino nuzzles Matty in the curl of her tail and wishes him Godspeed in his pursuits off the trail :::

Wonder
07-25-2008, 10:41
I'm gonna try and kidnap him on sunday

camojack
07-25-2008, 11:40
Let me know if I can help... ;)

trailangelmary
07-25-2008, 12:51

Let me know if I can help...

Please let Matt know my cell # is not working. I dropped phone in sink of water. Tell him to call my home phone.
Thanks

Heater
07-25-2008, 13:53
Matthewski has not called me... yet. :-?

minnesotasmith
07-25-2008, 14:27
Not 'til next year...if then. Time (and circumstances) will tell... :cool:

I'll be thruing again next year, and would enjoy an encore of the gentle, benign intellectual chaos that is hiking around Matthewski. ;)

camojack
07-25-2008, 16:51
Please let Matt know my cell # is not working. I dropped phone in sink of water. Tell him to call my home phone.
Thanks
Will do. :)

STEVEM
07-25-2008, 19:37
I'll be thruing again next year, and would enjoy an encore of the gentle, benign intellectual chaos that is hiking around Matthewski. ;)

Intellectual chaos?

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif to minnisota smith
wow . from all acounts and the media,.. it seems to be true,.. that in point of fact ,...you sir are indeed,.... quite,..... the man!you da man boy! you go on down that trail little man.you tell dem rocks where they can go! get rowdy bits! you show them sun and moon whos boss. you hike till they asleep and before they wake . walk boy walk! dont you dare ever use the b word ( boreing) in my presence again. you are always up . do you understand private?!no gloom, no glum,. no late winey starts. this is prim time bits.an you da show. now we want details. its the middle of the summer heat. all the women who can , have left the city. my hike is over till next feb 18th. and you are living our collective dream. so i want details and i want them now! are you seeing many thrus? southbounders interesting?whats your mental state? got any snickers dark?how much cooking ya doin? we all wish you well minnisota. and although the posts are way down,.....thats cause the people are all gone fishin,....we here at base camp send you our heartfelt best wishes and hopes. godspeed my friend minnisota.

mweinstone
07-26-2008, 04:46
i have 7 months to prepare to thru next feb 18th. this last few days have been spent in philly reflecting on the beauty of my hike. i have spoken less words in these days than i ever did. i dwell on the sheer raw beauty and the lifelong friends i have anew. my hike ended due to strees at home. i felt a great disturbance in the force and left yoda and my training early to rescue my friends and family. i know, ben o b one,..i should have stayed. but my son needs me and now has three or more arrests and as many pending court cases. he has chosen to self destruct like 18 year olds so oft must. i have the lord god in my pocket so i know ill be fine. but watching the one you love suffer leaves a bad taste after each bite of hike. we did have such fun . my 4 months and 2 days were the best times ive known for many a moonturn. chaco and wakapak and johnney and cereal and ab baraccus and the jersy girls and wild oats and bone lady and two beers and baltimore jack and trail angel mary and mothers finest and dances with mice and mala and the dude and pat and vicky and miss janet and tow and tank and all of you,..i love.

mweinstone
07-26-2008, 04:57
here are the reasons i have quit four thruhikes. and what i beleve i heard the trail whisper to me in its kind tru voice.

go home , your stupid.
go home, your son is two and needs you.
go home and break up with your girlfriend.
go home and sell your art.

mweinstone
07-26-2008, 04:58
here are the reasons i have quit four thruhikes. and what i beleve i heard the trail whisper to me in its kind tru voice.

go home, your son is two and needs you.
go home and break up with your girlfriend.
go home and pay your taxes.
go home and sell your art.

TOW
07-26-2008, 05:51
hang in there matty, at least we know you have the common sensed courtesy of doing the right thing because you in fact do have the Lord speaking right thoughts into your head.........and you are listening......

camojack
07-26-2008, 08:20
i have 7 months to prepare to thru next feb 18th. this last few days have been spent in philly reflecting on the beauty of my hike. i have spoken less words in these days than i ever did. i dwell on the sheer raw beauty and the lifelong friends i have anew. my hike ended due to strees at home. i felt a great disturbance in the force and left yoda and my training early to rescue my friends and family. i know, ben o b one,..i should have stayed. but my son needs me and now has three or more arrests and as many pending court cases. he has chosen to self destruct like 18 year olds so oft must. i have the lord god in my pocket so i know ill be fine. but watching the one you love suffer leaves a bad taste after each bite of hike. we did have such fun . my 4 months and 2 days were the best times ive known for many a moonturn. chaco and wakapak and johnney and cereal and ab baraccus and the jersy girls and wild oats and bone lady and two beers and baltimore jack and trail angel mary and mothers finest and dances with mice and mala and the dude and pat and vicky and miss janet and tow and tank and all of you,..i love.
I hope everything works out so you can do it up right next time. :)

Tin Man
07-26-2008, 08:35
I hope everything works out so you can do it up right next time. :)

Yeah to that. Plus, I have a gross of bacon waiting in my freezer in CT that was meant for Matty's entry to New England.

trailangelmary
07-26-2008, 14:29
Plus, I have a gross of bacon waiting in my freezer in CT that was meant for Matty's entry to New England.

A gross of bacon? Is that 144 slices?

A-Train
07-26-2008, 17:29

What ever decision you make will be the right one. :::enter biggest cliche of all time:::::: The trail isn't going anywhere Matt.

Jason of the Woods
07-26-2008, 17:57
Just hike when and as often as you can Matty!

Tin Man
07-26-2008, 22:08
A gross of bacon? Is that 144 slices?

I heard he likes to wrap himself in the stuff. :cool:

camojack
07-27-2008, 00:44
I heard he likes to wrap himself in the stuff. :cool:
Only so the other hikers will play with him. :eek:

J/K! ;)

mweinstone
07-27-2008, 07:01
i will now become even more contravercial. and spell up a storm of dicktion. the very verbs and nowns and adjatives will schreek and curl with each key tap i type. the infrastructure of humanity will recoil in confused horror and fall to the depths of falling. lollypops will fail. presidendts will cower under desks with interns. even the very jerry sienfeild show will ceace to exist in the wake of my furryhummors. i , matthewski declair the appalachian trail,.........and its associated funnybobs and walkaloters,...to be ,.........nice.

Sly
07-27-2008, 07:05
Hey Matty, in a couple weeks I'll be heading north to VT (back in Atlanta now) If you need a ride to get back on the trail just let me know.

STEVEM
07-27-2008, 07:32
i will now become even more contravercial. and spell up a storm of dicktion. the very verbs and nowns and adjatives will schreek and curl with each key tap i type. the infrastructure of humanity will recoil in confused horror and fall to the depths of falling. lollypops will fail. presidendts will cower under desks with interns. even the very jerry sienfeild show will ceace to exist in the wake of my furryhummors. i , matthewski declair the appalachian trail,.........and its associated funnybobs and walkaloters,...to be ,.........nice.

Matt, When are you going to pack up your son and your stuff and move out to the country? Don't you feel trapped living in Philadelphia while your heart is out in the woods?

mweinstone
07-27-2008, 07:34
no..............

STEVEM
07-27-2008, 08:40
no..............

You sure? I think you'd be right at home in a place like Hanover, NH.

mweinstone
07-27-2008, 08:47
i have been on a single tracked mission since i was 5. i will live in the city and play in the country. people moveing to the country is what makes citys. i belive my art needs the number of eyes looking at it the city provides. if i were rich i would live in the getto. its what i respect. carveing out a big chunk of beauty never lasts. useing a dark pit hollow shell of a crakhouse for my base of worldwide art exsploits, now thats propper.

TOW
07-27-2008, 09:43
now thats propper.
is that kind of like "poppers?"

A-Train
07-27-2008, 10:31
i have been on a single tracked mission since i was 5. i will live in the city and play in the country. people moveing to the country is what makes citys. i belive my art needs the number of eyes looking at it the city provides. if i were rich i would live in the getto. its what i respect. carveing out a big chunk of beauty never lasts. useing a dark pit hollow shell of a crakhouse for my base of worldwide art exsploits, now thats propper.

In the words of Lone Wolf, "he gets it"

Mother's Finest
07-27-2008, 17:33
Naw, Matt ain't no country boy.

Glad to see your doing better.

peace
mf

Serial 07
08-08-2008, 19:10
He buddy...i miss ya...holla at'cha boy...

[email protected]

serial

Sly
08-08-2008, 20:00
Hey Serial, how's it going?

What's that website you won the poker tournament on? What's your handle? I joined Poker Stars but I've yet to put real bucks up. Just playing with play money.

Serial 07
08-13-2008, 15:22
sly, what up man? how was your PCT excursion? hit me up on my email...

i did the dirty on absolute poker...my handle is ROCCOMEDIATE...i used to play on party poker under the same name before they made online poker "illegal" in the states...good luck...remember, sometimes they're bluffin'...and sometimes they're not... :)

mweinstone
08-14-2008, 05:49
i feel you brother. i also feel rutland. are ya feelin rutland cerial? caus im feelin rutland.

Red Hat
08-17-2008, 21:06
Matthewski made the best bacon pancakes and french toast for folks at the Long Trail Festival. He's the best! Great meeting you finally...

camojack
08-18-2008, 00:23
Matthewski made the best bacon pancakes and french toast for folks at the Long Trail Festival. He's the best! Great meeting you finally...
Bacon pancakes? :-?

rafe
08-18-2008, 02:37
Matthewski spent most of last weekend sitting cross-legged in front of his teepee, bent over an alcohol stove. (A gallon can of denatured alcohol in the teepee.) It started with bacon, I believe. Moved on to french toast with jam at one point. Last seen working on a huge fat steak.

There was live music playing 500 feet away, but it seems to me a lot of the thru hikers never left the orange-fenced gulag, except for bodily functions and for a game of ultimate frisbee on Saturday afternoon.

Heater
08-18-2008, 02:41
Matthewski spent most of last weekend sitting cross-legged in front of his teepee, bent over an alcohol stove. (A gallon can of denatured alcohol in the teepee.) It started with bacon, I believe. Moved on to french toast with jam at one point. Last seen working on a huge fat steak.

There was live music playing 500 feet away, but it seems to me a lot of the thru hikers never left the orange-fenced gulag, except for bodily functions and for a game of ultimate frisbee on Saturday afternoon.

Were they having fun? :-?

Heater
08-18-2008, 02:44
Was there something happening at the "gulag" you were oblivious to? :-?

Just wonderin'

rafe
08-18-2008, 02:52
Was there something happening at the "gulag" you were oblivious to? :-?

Just wonderin'

Lots of chit-chat. Yakkity-yak. There's an obvious bond among the current thru-hikers. Jack and Bfitz inserted themselves into it with ease. I saw lots of Bugler being smoked and adult beverages shared... if there was anything harder than that it was mostly under wraps.

Heater
08-18-2008, 02:57
Lots of chit-chat. Yakkity-yak. There's an obvious bond among the current thru-hikers. Jack and Bfitz inserted themselves into it with ease. I saw lots of Bugler being smoked and adult beverages shared... if there was anything harder than that it was mostly under wraps.

I'm willin' to bet there was.

Yakkity yak... let's look back.

Ahhhhhh... sweeeeeet. Good times.

Glad to see someone carrying on the tradition.

Don't be so critical, Terrapin.

rafe
08-18-2008, 03:20
Hehe. Walk 1700 miles from Springer to Vermont. Walk ten miles off the the trail for a music festival (granted, the festival was free.) But too... uhh, otherwise occupied... to walk another 0.1 mile to properly hear the music. Hey, I'm not critical. I just think it's a bit odd, is all. ;)

Heater
08-18-2008, 03:25
Hehe. Walk 1700 miles from Springer to Vermont. Walk ten miles off the the trail for a music festival (granted, the festival was free.) But too... uhh, otherwise occupied... to walk another 0.1 mile to properly hear the music. Hey, I'm not critical. I just think it's a bit odd, is all. ;)

Yes. Old folks thought we were a bit odd back in the day. Think about it. :-?

Don't be a bitter old hippie. :D Open your mind back up .
Let it flow. It will come back to you. I promise.

Your choice.

Peace.

camojack
08-18-2008, 03:35
That boy eats that well while he's hiking too, not just at trail festivals...pretty impressive, really. :-?

We had a variation on surf & turf last year at the "secret" shelter... :sun

Heater
08-18-2008, 03:41
That boy eats that well while he's hiking too, not just at trail festivals...pretty impressive, really. :-?

We had a variation on surf & turf last year at the "secret" shelter... :sun

I wish I could party with ya'll.

camojack
08-18-2008, 03:52
I wish I could party with ya'll.
Well...I'll be out on the Trail for Labor Day Week. But you knew that... :)

Red Hat
08-18-2008, 06:57
Bacon pancakes? :-?

He fried up the bacon and then removed it from the pan and poured off the grease. Then pancake batter was poured from the baggy and topped with several pieces of bacon and cooked to perfection. Finally it was topped with strawberry jam and cinnamon sugar. The guy sure knows how to hit a hungry hiker where it matters!

Awesome festival...

Tin Man
08-18-2008, 07:11
Yes. Old folks thought we were a bit odd back in the day. Think about it. :-?

Don't be a bitter old hippie. :D Open your mind back up .
Let it flow. It will come back to you. I promise.

Your choice.

Peace.

Now that's funny. :D

camojack
08-18-2008, 08:24
He fried up the bacon and then removed it from the pan and poured off the grease. Then pancake batter was poured from the baggy and topped with several pieces of bacon and cooked to perfection. Finally it was topped with strawberry jam and cinnamon sugar. The guy sure knows how to hit a hungry hiker where it matters!
That's my home boy! :D

camojack
08-18-2008, 16:27
Matt called about ½ hour ago.

He caught a ride from the Long Trail Festival to Allentown, and was looking for a ride from there to Philly.
(He's willing to pay for the privilege)

I told him to wait for the bus, which is at 5:45... :-?

mweinstone
08-19-2008, 06:41
do we know for sure pigs are dumb? maby they are super smart and have a plan in place to get rid of humans. it starts with makeing themselves tasty and juicy beyond yummy and ends with them all running to the woods and hideing whilst we all die of porkfat withdraw syndrom returning to drive fine cars and live in our condos feasting on our remains. chaco and wak are wacked.

warraghiyagey
08-19-2008, 07:38
Animal Farm

Panzer1
08-24-2008, 14:30
do we know for sure pigs are dumb? maby they are super smart and have a plan in place to get rid of humans. it starts with makeing themselves tasty and juicy beyond yummy and ends with them all running to the woods and hideing whilst we all die of porkfat withdraw syndrom returning to drive fine cars and live in our condos feasting on our remains. chaco and wak are wacked.

Since pigs don't have thumbs I don't think that they could ever drive a car.

Panzer:-?

Trillium
08-24-2008, 20:08
I was making blueberry pancakes for my daughter this morning but found I was out of baking powder. When I told her I needed to go to the neighbor's to borrow some, she thought I said I needed BACON powder. I thought of Matt. :D

camojack
08-24-2008, 22:29
I was making blueberry pancakes for my daughter this morning but found I was out of baking powder. When I told her I needed to go to the neighbor's to borrow some, she thought I said I needed BACON powder. I thought of Matt. :D
Gee...I wonder why? :confused:

mweinstone
08-25-2008, 06:44
i am bacon. we are veger.

camojack
08-25-2008, 06:48
i am bacon. we are veger.
V-ger?! :D

mweinstone
08-25-2008, 07:11
veger, damaged spaceprobe voyager returned from deep space to find the creator.