PDA

View Full Version : Where's Matthewski?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

camojack
03-13-2008, 21:14
Let's see if we can track his progress... :)

warraghiyagey
03-13-2008, 21:15
The hinterland??

Two Speed
03-13-2008, 21:16
Don't know where it is but I bet he can't spell it.

Sly
03-13-2008, 21:18
Don't know where it is but I bet he can't spell it.

Ridickulos!

Two Speed
03-13-2008, 21:18
Aw geez, now Sly's channelling matthewski. :cool:

Tin Man
03-13-2008, 21:21
Jack is heading south too. Perhaps they are planning to hike together? Has there been any Dude sightings?

Jan LiteShoe
03-13-2008, 21:21
The new "The Thread?"

Two Speed
03-13-2008, 21:23
My bet's on the Sgt Rock thread, but ya never know.

Tin Man
03-13-2008, 21:23

Should be easy. Just check TJ posts and see if any talk about undeciferable shelter register entries. :)

JAK
03-13-2008, 21:25
Excellent thread!

I should I say, 'excellent metathread', for we could discuss where he is physically, where he is mentally, or where he is spiritually; but Camojack had it right. It is most important in this case to deal wth the transcendental question first.

Where is Matthewski?
Chopped ham? No! Chopped steak.

warraghiyagey
03-13-2008, 21:28
Should be easy. Just check TJ posts and see if any talk about undeciferable shelter register entries. :)
I don't know, Backwards 'R' Mark could sanskrit with the best of them.

Sly
03-13-2008, 21:29
Jack is heading south too. Perhaps they are planning to hike together? Has there been any Dude sightings?

A few I know are heading south. Has anyone checked the rapture index lately? :eek:

warraghiyagey
03-13-2008, 21:31
A few I know are heading south. Has anyone checked the rapture index lately? :eek:
Yes, it's right next to the wind chill index.

Tin Man
03-13-2008, 21:33

A little bird told me Jack is planning to hike with a few friends. The rapture index could be hitting a new high soon. :eek:

Panzer1
03-13-2008, 21:36
Right now he's in Duncannon at the Doyle, room 23...

They told him he could keep the key to room 23. He can stay in that room anytime he wants.

Panzer

Sly
03-13-2008, 21:36
Yes, it's right next to the wind chill index.

Infidel! Have fun in Marvelhead as the world ends. Make sure to change your underwear! :p

camojack
03-13-2008, 21:37
Right now he's at the Doyle, room 23...

They told him he could keep the key to room 23. He can stay in that room anytime he wants.

Panzer
Still?! :confused:

JAK
03-13-2008, 21:47
Can one be Rapture Ready without first achieving Wind Index Independence?

Dances with Mice
03-13-2008, 22:01
The new "The Thread?"Contenders come, contenders go. There will never be another.

I got a PM from Matt. I know it is not considered Kosher to reveal the contents of PMs but, hey, I'm not Jewish so I can translate it enough to report that he is somewhere tonight and plans on being somewhere else tomorrow. The next day he will be somewhere different. I would provide more details if I were able.

By some on-line translation programs he may be hiking the Approach Trail but his contingent of Hiking All-Stars will be starting at Springer so the plan (...and you know how loosely I use that term...) is for Matt to hike the Approach on Monday and meet with a group of Hikers Who Wish to Remain Anonymous at this Time that will be secretly starting from Springer on Tuesday.

If he were to arrive in GA earlier I'd arranged for him to join the GATC on a work day this Saturday then a BBQ at C9 but that apparently ain't happening. He & crew will walk past our efforts sometime next week.

I am able to report that he would also like a MS-style hiking staff. I have a miniaturized (..aka 'human sized'...) version of The Stick that I customized by figuring that Matt is about my wife's height so I used her measure to attach a strap to the soon to be legendary MatthewStick. It's made of solid Dogwood (...because I'm not into laminating...) about 6 feet long, padded handhold area decorated with bands of purple, orange, and red electrical tape.

I was considering gluing a balero (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_in_a_cup) to the top of the staff because I have, like, 3 sets of them. I even had out the saw and the glue but I didn't. Even Matt has to have his dignity when striking a Moses pose.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
03-13-2008, 22:08
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/lowcarbscoop/tombstoneMatt3-13-2008.jpg

Blissful
03-13-2008, 22:13
FD is back to having fun at the photoshop. I missed it. :)

Tin Man
03-13-2008, 22:14
This "group" needs a better name than: "Hikers Who Wish to Remain Anonymous at this Time". Any nominations?

Since St. Patty's day and MysterySpelling is involved, how about: Blarney Crewsade?

Frolicking Dinosaurs
03-13-2008, 22:23
FD is back to having fun at the photoshop. I missed it. :)Go see what we've been up to at Rock's site in the There I Was... (http://hikinghq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=77) forum. The Let's whup-up the Dino (http://hikinghq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2641)thread got wild.

Blissful
03-13-2008, 22:25
Go see what we've been up to at Rock's site in the There I Was... (http://hikinghq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=77) forum. The Let's whup-up the Dino (http://hikinghq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2641)thread got wild.

Dino at the dentist was a HOOT!

Skidsteer
03-13-2008, 22:45

Matthewski has better penmanship than Minnesota Smith.

http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/files/6/7/7/9/hogpen-unicoi2-25-06003_thumb.jpg (http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=10185&c=favorites)

Tin Man
03-13-2008, 22:59
Matthewski has better penmanship than Minnesota Smith.

http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/files/6/7/7/9/hogpen-unicoi2-25-06003_thumb.jpg (http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=10185&c=favorites)

And he spelled correctly?!? The horror. :eek:

the goat
03-13-2008, 23:27
this just in....

just got voicemail from matty, he was in rm 23 @ the doyle. i called back a little after he called & went straight to voicemail.

he's almost certainly crashed out on the floor, in his marmot bag, amongst his many snacks & treats, in an apparent ****-overload.

Panzer1
03-13-2008, 23:27
By some on-line translation programs he may be hiking the Approach Trail but his contingent of Hiking All-Stars will be starting at Springer so the plan (...and you know how loosely I use that term...) is for Matt to hike the Approach on Monday and meet with a group of Hikers Who Wish to Remain Anonymous at this Time that will be secretly starting from Springer on Tuesday.

I believe they call themselves "the 5 old dogs"...

Panzer

the goat
03-13-2008, 23:28
now i've seen everything!

"B O B E" is now disallowed from the vernacular around here?!?!?!?!

sheesh.

the goat
03-13-2008, 23:34
gang.
reef.
sticky.
bud.
grass.
hash.
doobie.
cheeba.
smoke.
green.
herb.
puff.
mary jane.
wacki tobacci.

....... just checking to see what's allowed. you know, for future reference.:)

Sly
03-13-2008, 23:39

Wow, wish I could make it.

Panzer1
03-14-2008, 00:01
now i've seen everything!

"B O B E" is now disallowed from the vernacular around here?!?!?!?!

sheesh.

Thanks a lot Matty....

Panzer

Panzer1
03-14-2008, 00:14
Form now on the word "****" must appear in every one of mattys posts...

Panzer

camojack
03-14-2008, 00:23
this just in....

just got voicemail from matty, he was in rm 23 @ the doyle. i called back a little after he called & went straight to voicemail.

he's almost certainly crashed out on the floor, in his marmot bag, amongst his many snacks & treats, in an apparent ****-overload.
Yes, I spoke to him around 10:15 PM...he was in Room 23 at the Doyle, as Panzer said.

I think that Room 23 should be dubbed the "Matthewski Suite" from now on; I'd have to run it by Pat & Vicky first, of course... :D

Tin Man
03-14-2008, 07:16
I believe they call themselves "the 5 old dogs"...

Panzer

That would be.... 5OLDE Dogs

http://www.5olde.com/

Lone Wolf
03-14-2008, 07:19

still in philly beggin' for a ride

camojack
03-14-2008, 07:32
still in philly beggin' for a ride
Oh, just you stop it, young man. :cool:

Actually, as of last night he was in Duncannon, waiting on a ride from Bag O'Tricks.
(That Irish fellow...:D)

Lone Wolf
03-14-2008, 07:38
yeah. i hear they'll be arriving in damascus today and there'll be a pre-hike meeting at dot's @ 5. i may go south this weekend and start on monday with all the other legends :cool:

camojack
03-14-2008, 07:44
yeah. i hear they'll be arriving in damascus today and there'll be a pre-hike meeting at dot's @ 5. i may go south this weekend and start on monday with all the other legends :cool:
Wish I could join all of you, but someone's got to hold down the fort. :(

Frolicking Dinosaurs
03-14-2008, 08:08
yeah. i hear they'll be arriving in damascus today and there'll be a pre-hike meeting at dot's @ 5. i may go south this weekend and start on monday with all the other legends :cool:See you've popped outta D'Nile :D

Lone Wolf
03-14-2008, 08:10
obviously you know i said that on purpose. we;ll be doing trail magic at the springer mtn. shelter which i'll be sleeping in cuz i ain't carrying a tent to save weight

Frolicking Dinosaurs
03-14-2008, 08:13
obviously you know i said that on purpose. we;ll be doing trail magic at the springer mtn. shelter which i'll be sleeping in cuz i ain't carrying a tent to save weightJust razzing you a bit LW - are you gonna be in Damascus on the Monday or Tuesday after Easter? We Dinos may be in the area.

Did a donkey just fly over?

Lone Wolf
03-14-2008, 08:14
more than likely

Dances with Mice
03-14-2008, 08:15
I got a list of 7 starters but it was from a questionable source. You know.

Ambulant Rehab Therapy Group.

Lone Wolf
03-14-2008, 08:17
I got a list of 7 starters but it was from a questionable source. You know.

Ambulant Rehab Therapy Group.

"the cuckoo's nest" fishing trip. that will be us

Frolicking Dinosaurs
03-14-2008, 08:19
The Dinos have to be at a birthday party in Chattanooga on Sat evening (one of the great-grandkids is turning 5). When is this group departing? (PM me if it is a secret and I'm allowed to know)

Flush2wice
03-14-2008, 08:19
"the cuckoo's nest" fishing trip. that will be us
Who's driving the support van?

Lone Wolf
03-14-2008, 08:21
matthewski

Lone Wolf
03-14-2008, 08:23
The Dinos have to be at a birthday party in Chattanooga on Sat evening (one of the great-grandkids is turning 5). When is this group departing? (PM me if it is a secret and I'm allowed to know)

sunday nite on springer, start walking on monday. course jack will be slackpackin' right off

Wonder
03-14-2008, 08:23
Just got a call, and was informed to that they will be at my apartment in less then 2 hours for a nap

Skidsteer
03-14-2008, 08:24
Who's driving the support van?

matthewski

Of course.

The guy without a license, naturally.

Dances with Mice
03-14-2008, 08:26
Wait! Matthewski said he was going to start from Amicalola on Monday and the rest were giong to wait ....

Oh, I see.

Good plan.

Lone Wolf
03-14-2008, 08:27
Wait! Matthewski said he was going to start from Amicalola on Monday and the rest were giong to wait ....

Oh, I see.

Good plan.

only newbie, anal types start at amicalola

Dances with Mice
03-14-2008, 08:36
I have my annual Performance Review scheduled today from 3-4:30. You can see how I'm preparing for it...

If I fooled The Man again I might drive up to pack sniff. If not I could be hiking too.

Johnny Thunder
03-14-2008, 08:39
I just picked up a 6 AM voicemail from the man where he claimed to be "the best hiker"...Tricks must have been making him listen to the theme song from Karate Kid. That's not the way he talks.

Wonder
03-14-2008, 08:40
Uhoh.....they're getting punchy. THis could be interesting......

Tin Man
03-14-2008, 08:52
sunday nite on springer, start walking on monday. course jack will be slackpackin' right off

Bring your camera. We will want to see pictures of the kickoff of... the 5olde dawg legendary slackpackers.

Lone Wolf
03-14-2008, 09:02
i ain't got a camera and i don't slack

Almost There
03-14-2008, 09:11

You ain't no legend....you're just trash!:cool:

Tin Man
03-14-2008, 09:12
i ain't got a camera and i don't slack

no offense meant...on either account. :) then borrow one of their cameras and take a picture of the slackers, surely someone must carry. ;)

Lone Wolf
03-14-2008, 09:13
none taken :)

Lone Wolf
03-14-2008, 09:14
surely someone must carry. ;)

oh, i'll be carryin'

Tin Man
03-14-2008, 09:17
none taken :)

oh, i'll be carryin'

of course I knew that...on both accounts. :)

have fun and tell jack I said hi and I will see him down the trail.

TOW
03-14-2008, 09:47
Matty thread will never die!!!!!!

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/lowcarbscoop/tombstoneMatt3-13-2008.jpg

Lone Wolf
03-14-2008, 11:11

as of 10:30 this morning he's in Damascus with Bag O Tricks.

Wonder
03-14-2008, 11:31
11:30 EST Location:DAMASCUS,VA
WONDERS APARTMENT

Dances with Mice
03-14-2008, 11:35
I have my annual Performance Review scheduled today from 3-4:30. You can see how I'm preparing for it...
If I fooled The Man again I might drive up to pack sniff. If not I could be hiking too.Damn it, I just got a preview of my Performance Review. It was better than last year's so I am still working for The Man.

mweinstone
03-14-2008, 11:47
tricks is a freak. why? donno. just is. the most wonderful freak . drives. blabs to truckers on his cb. knows the truck stops. gambles with skill on the quarters slide game. eats healthy chips. spits in a cup with a napkin in it to guard the passenger from splash of red man juice. points out points of interest . maikes poinent points. good voice overs of old tv shows. remembers comercials of importance. and generally has a good grip on life. a fine choice of driver for me. well suted to cold environs nessesary for matthewski cultivation success. all in all a fine young man. my highest driver rateing. a two.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
03-14-2008, 11:47
Damn it, I just got a preview of my Performance Review. It was better than last year's so I am still working for The Man.Want me to call and tell them you've been trysting with disreputable characters in the woods?

trailangelmary
03-14-2008, 11:55
I am able to report that he would also like a MS-style hiking staff. I have a miniaturized (..aka 'human sized'...) version of The Stick that I customized by figuring that Matt is about my wife's height so I used her measure to attach a strap to the soon to be legendary MatthewStick. It's made of solid Dogwood (...because I'm not into laminating...) about 6 feet long, padded handhold area decorated with bands of purple, orange, and red electrical tape.
He was at my apartment when he read your private message. He was ecstatic!

the goat
03-14-2008, 11:58
my highest driver rateing. a two.

wow!

....what kind of driver rating do i have on the matty-scale?

mudhead
03-14-2008, 12:00
I bet he would like the light weight version of the top doodad. Dixie cup and ping pong ball.

mweinstone
03-14-2008, 12:07
the scale is from 1.9 to 2.1 and contains seven trillion declinations. the point one is for jesus. only he can drive me better. i dont care about anything right now. nor may i bow to lone wolfs attempt to get my bacon by haveing me not approch springer. he would mount her like a dog. she is not my wolf. she is beauty. and as beauty. must be starred at slowly from the bottom up. to start at the very breast of the mount, is to miss her thighs. witch are smooth and wrap around you from the scale at the visitor center, to the stupid can register aloft. and i aint got no damm cammera neither. cant rationalize the steak weight carry option loss. not now. on weekends. not now. steak. bacon. thighs and chicks. thats hiking. not skipping up in a dress calling yourself lonewolf. ha!

mudhead
03-14-2008, 12:19
Can't get that vision out of your head, can you? The pre-edit one. Hummada-hummudah!

TOW
03-14-2008, 12:24
matty Siting!!!! I Saw Him!!! You Know What He Looked Like? He Looked Like Matty!!!! Yep That's Him!!!! I Saw Him, I Did, I Did, I Did!!!!

and Bag-o-tricks Too!!!!! You Know What He Looked Like? A Bag-o-tricks!!! Yep That's What He Looked Like!!!! I Saw Him, I Did, I Did, I Did!!!!

TOW
03-14-2008, 12:26
not skipping up in a dress calling yourself lonewolf. ha!
I'd like to get an eyefull of that, what a vision!:D

mweinstone
03-14-2008, 12:35
as i entered tricks car outside of marys , i put my pack in,....tricks yelled something that sounded like dont slam the door on your buckle as i slammed the door on my waistbelt buckle , smashing it and ending this thruhike attempt. minnuts later at the filling station, i lifted the wipers too hard to wash the windshield and inialated the wiper blade assembly into teny tiny peices of collateral mat damage theirby ending tricks hike and trip. of course everyone knows not to let me touch cars. so its his fault. going to outfitter to hug dave and yoggi a buckle from the bin of spares.

lwolf, take off that dress!

Lone Wolf
03-14-2008, 12:37
i'll be sporting it at dot's later. i'm coming out to prove i'm not a bigoted cross-dressing hater

TOW
03-14-2008, 12:45
i'll be sporting it at dot's later. i'm coming out to prove i'm not a bigoted cross-dressing haterI'll be there too, I might even come out a little bit as well........... Hey wolf you got any lip gloss over there?

Tin Man
03-14-2008, 12:58
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3590&d=1205513843

LW - here's a thigh holster for that dress

Johnny Thunder
03-14-2008, 13:01
as i entered tricks car outside of marys , i put my pack in,....tricks yelled something that sounded like dont slam the door on your buckle as i slammed the door on my waistbelt buckle , smashing it and ending this thruhike attempt. minnuts later at the filling station, i lifted the wipers too hard to wash the windshield and inialated the wiper blade assembly into teny tiny peices of collateral mat damage theirby ending tricks hike and trip. of course everyone knows not to let me touch cars. so its his fault. going to outfitter to hug dave and yoggi a buckle from the bin of spares.

lwolf, take off that dress!

Moral of the Story: Don't let Matty touch cars.

Panzer1
03-14-2008, 13:02

That's why every time I take my pack off I re-buckle the buckle.

Panzer

Heater
03-14-2008, 13:10
obviously you know i said that on purpose. we;ll be doing trail magic at the springer mtn. shelter which i'll be sleeping in cuz i ain't carrying a tent to save weight

Remember, thru-hikers get number one priority for sleeping in the shelters. ;)

trailangelmary
03-14-2008, 13:13
Matt arrived in Duncannon with a ride from The Dude on Wednesday night. We talked about me taking him to Springer, an idea that I was very excited about...getting to see more of the trail. After figuring gas cost with my car and then the cost of a rental, Matt decided to get a ride with Tricks. So, the late hours of Wednesday were spent discussing that and diabetes.

The Dude left about 2 am and Matty and I talked (I learned about what he eats on the trail, stoves, and burners) till about 4 till he crashed on my couch. We spent Thursday running errands and had an absolute great time. Then while I went to play pool he got his fix of room 23.

Tricks arrived at 2AM and they departed. Hugs all around. I will miss Matty and his frequent visits to Duncannon. Thank you Matty for brightening my days with your happiness and stories. Have a great hike. Say Hi to all in Damascus. Have a good time at Dot's.

attached pics were taken while Matt was in Duncannon. He red blazes everything now including my canned goods in my kitchen!! LOL

trailangelmary
03-14-2008, 13:17
of course everyone knows not to let me touch cars
Don't let Matty touch cars.
Matty, what were you thinking! Windshield wipers are part of a car!!
Matty, you are only allowed to clean the inside of cars at which you do a great job!!

Panzer1
03-14-2008, 13:19
Matty happens to be a very good passenger. Just don't let him help with the car or directions...:):):)

Panzer

Frolicking Dinosaurs
03-14-2008, 13:47
i'll be sporting it at dot's later. i'm coming out to prove i'm not a bigoted cross-dressing hater
I'll be there too, I might even come out a little bit as well........... Hey wolf you got any lip gloss over there?
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/lowcarbscoop/LWTOW.jpg

Johnny Thunder
03-14-2008, 13:52
That's some Holy Water!

Frolicking Dinosaurs
03-14-2008, 13:57
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/lowcarbscoop/LWthighholster.jpg

Panzer1
03-14-2008, 14:11
I never would of guessed...

Panzer

jhick
03-14-2008, 14:47
We all knew Wolf was a rock star.... but didn't know he liked to wear heels too!

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj132/l8tr_dude/zz_wolf.jpg

Lone Wolf
03-14-2008, 14:50
y'all got too much free time on your hands. not as much as lawyers though

doggiebag
03-14-2008, 14:51
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/lowcarbscoop/LWthighholster.jpg
Aiggggh! The humanity!

the goat
03-14-2008, 14:53
y'all got too much free time on your hands. not as much as lawyers though

as evidenced here, no one's got that much free time.

i'll betcha that "free time" is billable too!

jhick
03-14-2008, 14:54
free time? I'm at work!!!

TOW
03-14-2008, 15:02
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/lowcarbscoop/LWTOW.jpg
What do ya all think about that you all? I'm more hot than Wolf is!

TOW
03-14-2008, 15:07
When I come out of the closet I come out! Swish swish this, and a swish swish that.........

Just to let you all know we are going to have a square dance at Dot's tonight to the tune of the Michael Jackson album "Thriller!"

jhick
03-14-2008, 15:16
Just to let you all know we are going to have a square dance at Dot's tonight to the tune of the Michael Jackson album "Thriller!"

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj132/l8tr_dude/thriller.jpg

Wonder
03-14-2008, 16:06
Well, I was planning on going to DOt's....but from the look of it, I should just hide out.

***side note*** So far, Matthewski has not broken my car......knock on wood

Johnny Thunder
03-14-2008, 16:19
Well, I was planning on going to DOt's....but from the look of it, I should just hide out.

Liar......

Frolicking Dinosaurs
03-14-2008, 16:31
When I come out of the closet I come out! Swish swish this, and a swish swish that.........

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/lowcarbscoop/LWTOWsquaredance.jpg

Panzer1
03-14-2008, 16:32
This thread is getting very silly.

Panzer

Frolicking Dinosaurs
03-14-2008, 16:34
The Thread all over again
This thread is getting very silly.It's The Thread all over again.

Jason of the Woods
03-14-2008, 17:17
Ha! Good Stuff!

TOW
03-14-2008, 17:20
Yes sir, as I sit here and smoke me bowl "whoops, I mean me pipe." I'll never foget that night hosey doeing to the tune of "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" as Frolicking Dinosaur was calling out the switchbacks and over the hills as I planted my size thirteen to the step by step............

wakapak
03-14-2008, 17:20
Ya'll are wayyyy too funny!!! :)

Panzer1
03-14-2008, 18:51
So where is he now? Does anyone know?

Panzer

mweinstone
03-14-2008, 18:52
tows house. goin to dots to meet some old dogs. not drinking. hiking. hiking. sat on porch for hours talking. went to backbone rock with wonder and made out. like bandits as far as not getting rained on.

Panzer1
03-14-2008, 18:59
Hay buddy, Your getting to meet everyone on your way down. When are you going to hit the access trail?

Panzer

Dances with Mice
03-14-2008, 19:09
Presenting The Matthewstick (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=23137&c=702).

Well dried dogwood staff, urethane coating handle covered with hockey stick handle tape and sealed with colorful electrical tape, nylon hand strap, red blazed.

Look up the biblical reference your own selves.

Dances with Mice
03-14-2008, 19:11
Presenting The Matthewstick (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=23137&c=702).Here's a reminder, boys and girls: One should only use their Photoshop superpowers for good, not evil.

Panzer1
03-14-2008, 19:15
Hay, that's a real nice stick you made for him. Your all-right DWM.

Panzer

camojack
03-14-2008, 19:16
Presenting The Matthewstick (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=23137&c=702).

Well dried dogwood staff, urethane coating handle covered with hockey stick handle tape and sealed with colorful electrical tape, nylon hand strap, red blazed.

"A thing of beauty is a joy forever." :D

Skidsteer
03-14-2008, 19:25

I hope you made him a five month stick instead of the nine month version.

Dances with Mice
03-14-2008, 19:43
I hope you made him a five month stick ....I was beginning to think nobody would ever ask. What's the over / under line on 'ski?

Five bucks a guess, all donations in the winners name to W-B, winner may elect to use it for his/her Donating Member account with the W-B owners' permission, hold all your own bets, entries must either be in the form of a Month & Day of mounting Mt K or Incomplete.

-----BUT------

Since betting on anyone's chances of finishing is distasteful and tacky, we should do this by PM only. That way Mattie is under no pressure to extend or hurry his completion date. The designated Judge will not reveal the dates or guesses of any of the bettors, at most he/she is free to reveal ONLY the names of the participants

Are there any non-betting participants willing to be the judge? You will earn the thanks of several tacky and distasteful people.

Heater
03-14-2008, 19:57
I hope you made him a five month stick instead of the nine month version.

Heh heh...

Who am I to talk. I just bought a $475 LAWNMOWER!

Long time coming, though. Tired of the cheap Murrays. Gotta have some way to make a living after my thru next year. (hopefully)

STEVEM
03-14-2008, 20:52
WOW!!! Chicks like this get $3000.00/hr around here.

STEVEM
03-14-2008, 21:10

"This is one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind."
Neil Armstrong

camojack
03-14-2008, 21:14
OK, I just got off of the phone with our intrepid protagonist...he tells me he's got some videos to upload and post here later.

Don't touch that dial, er, browser!!! :p

Dances with Mice
03-14-2008, 21:17
Are there any non-betting participants willing to be the judge? You will earn the thanks of several tacky and distasteful people.Repugnant, I forgot repugnant. And disgraceful. Low-lifes. Scum. Scum suckers, even.

We need a volunteer.

Skidsteer
03-14-2008, 21:21
Repugnant, I forgot repugnant. And disgraceful. Low-lifes. Scum. Scum suckers, even.

We need a volunteer.

Well who wants to hold money for people like that?

Oops. Forgot which site I was on.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
03-14-2008, 21:23
Here's a reminder, boys and girls: One should only use their Photoshop superpowers for good, not evil.You're right. I haven't photoshopped you in a long, long time :D

Dances with Mice
03-14-2008, 21:32
You're right. I haven't photoshopped you in a long, long time :DI love you, Miz FD. Kisses and hugs.

TOW
03-14-2008, 21:41
I love you, Miz FD. Kisses and hugs.
Photo shop him FD!

Dances with Mice
03-14-2008, 21:42
I love you, Miz FD. Kisses and hugs.Brown nosers. Pack sniffers. Cubicle captains. Vicious virtual vicarious victual viewers.

We need a volunteer.

TOW
03-14-2008, 21:49
Just returned from Dot's hanging out with Matty, Bag O Tricks, Vera-Missing Kink, Wonder, Lone Wolf, and the rest of the clan of those who I have come to know here. I had a blast, I haven't this much of a good time in awhile!

On the way home I went by Roy's house to see if he was up, plus I has to take a pee mighty bad from way too much of good southern ice tea, but he wasn't awake-"old hikers get tired way early." I mean I'm usually in bed by 9 myself, up at no later than 5:30 am.

So I walked home thru the alley, I only live a block from Roy, and I still had to take that pee. So any of you guys out there ever take a walking pee? Yep, that's what a good ole party will do for ya!

Mother's Finest
03-14-2008, 21:58
one love all....i have been away for too long. Sometimes real life gets in the way of a good time.

I just got off the phone with my brother. he could not have sounded happier.

Tomorrow looks like Springer.

peace
mf

Montego
03-14-2008, 22:08
I love you, Miz FD. Kisses and hugs.

Too late, FD's done got your number :D

Mother's Finest
03-14-2008, 22:09
Contenders come, contenders go. There will never be another.

I got a PM from Matt. I know it is not considered Kosher to reveal the contents of PMs but, hey, I'm not Jewish so I can translate it enough to report that he is somewhere tonight and plans on being somewhere else tomorrow. The next day he will be somewhere different. I would provide more details if I were able.

If he were to arrive in GA earlier I'd arranged for him to join the GATC on a work day this Saturday then a BBQ at C9 but that apparently ain't happening. He & crew will walk past our efforts sometime next week.

I was considering gluing a balero (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_in_a_cup) to the top of the staff because I have, like, 3 sets of them. I even had out the saw and the glue but I didn't. Even Matt has to have his dignity when striking a Moses pose.

dances

my brother specifically mentioned your kindness and the STICK.....you know the love you give.

peace
mf

Frolicking Dinosaurs
03-14-2008, 22:52
Brown nosers. Pack sniffers. Cubicle captains. Vicious virtual vicarious victual viewers.

We need a volunteer.Since I would never bet on my dear friend Matty, I volunteer to be your bookie.

Dances with Mice
03-14-2008, 23:08
Since I would never bet on my dear friend Matty, I volunteer to be your bookie. Well, I'm not going to play. I find the idea abhorrent.

Heater
03-14-2008, 23:10
Since I would never bet on my dear friend Matty, I volunteer to be your bookie.

So, What are the odds... 1/20? :D

Heater
03-14-2008, 23:13
Well, I'm not going to play. I find the idea abhorrent.

I am abhorrent. So are you. Admit it. :-?

What do you think? :-?

Dances with Mice
03-14-2008, 23:18
So, What are the odds... 1/20? :DThere are no odds. Pick a date you believe he finishes. Closest without going over wins. Winning means everyone else donates to W-B in your name, paying for your membership.

Send the date to FD in PM. No blabbing, no peaking, no mention until Northern Maine or FD will Photoshop your mug into a photo involving the former Governor of New York, for one example.

All decisions of FD are final.

Panzer1
03-14-2008, 23:20
I thought that Matty never used a walking stick in all his years of hiking. What gives?

Panzer

trailangelmary
03-14-2008, 23:39
I thought that Matty never used a walking stick in all his years of hiking. What gives?
He told me he doesn't like poles but would love to own a walking stick!

camojack
03-15-2008, 01:02
I would say that even if he didn't want to use a walking stick, it's the thought that counts... :o

Lone Wolf
03-15-2008, 01:09
matty, wonder and trix just left the gypsy/wolf house 15 minutes ago. i have no clue where they went.

Wonder
03-15-2008, 01:13
I'm back home........I think.......

camojack
03-15-2008, 01:27
I'm back home........I think.......
Where's Waldo, er, Matthewski? :confused:

Panzer1
03-15-2008, 01:33
Maybe they've gone to bed. After all it is late at night.

Panzer

Lone Wolf
03-15-2008, 01:36
Where's Waldo, er, Matthewski? :confused:

just heard on my cop scanner thingy that there's a clean shaven yankee lookin' guy casing the neighborhood . it's matty. i think :confused: all these hikers look the same

camojack
03-15-2008, 03:33
just heard on my cop scanner thingy that there's a clean shaven yankee lookin' guy casing the neighborhood . it's matty. i think :confused: all these hikers look the same
Yankee lookin', huh? Matt looks more Middle Eastern to me...like any number of taxi drivers. :eek:

warraghiyagey
03-15-2008, 04:18

"The call is coming from inside your house!""

camojack
03-15-2008, 07:36
"The call is coming from inside your house!""
Interestingly enough, Matthewski did call from inside Lone Wolf and Gypsy's house last night...but they knew he was there. :)

mweinstone
03-15-2008, 10:22
tows house. morning: 639 am tricks comes out of room one at mt rodgers and bolts to wolfs for the coffie of death. one and a half poops and 16 mins later i bolt for the coffie at lwolfs witch has the bite of an allagater with pirates nose meat mixed in. after vera missing kink learned shotguns, and after tow made arrangements to go with gypsy to the ballet, and cowboys biscuts and gravy, and then after i made oats in lwolfs kitch and more methexstractcoffie syrup,........and more guns , allagater pictures of wolf and pirate being allagater killer/eaterers, and after baltimore jack tarlins breakfast he started makeing at miss janets for us last night, today went cold cause were not leaving today, and after tricks leaves soon to retrieve said baltimore jack tarlin from janets and brings him here, and one and three quarters more poops, and ciggs, witch im smokeing again, and some showing of pics of a stray dog that is out at backbone rock was shown around to find its owner,...some peeing,...and a weirdo flavored water or two i bought by accedent instead of regular water,...was drank,....its 1025.

mweinstone
03-15-2008, 10:30
dances called this am. he is haveing a hiker deliver my staff to springer shelter today to be left for me like a car , vale delivered. whatever that is. tricks is mad cause i wont drive his car to a point just down a road for us to use after we hike a little later. i exsplained i wont and cant and dont know how and am scared of driving and he really ia pissed and im sorry but hes an ass for suggesting it and he could find wonder to do it but he thinks anybody can just drive a mile on a mountian road. cause their wont be other cars. i told him i dont know all the buttons and shifters and he still thinks im doin it and is lookin at me really with a suck look. tricks? come down to earth. i am only your friend. im not a driver! damm biatchest.
made incredible vids of dots. will upload later. wolf karyoky and group singing and air gutars and loud lucidity.really rare shots of wolf i snapped in his house i cant show. but dots,....well,,youll all love these.

Tin Man
03-15-2008, 10:47
dances called this am. he is haveing a hiker deliver my staff to springer shelter today to be left for me like a car , vale delivered. whatever that is. tricks is mad cause i wont drive his car to a point just down a road for us to use after we hike a little later. i exsplained i wont and cant and dont know how and am scared of driving and he really ia pissed and im sorry but hes an ass for suggesting it and he could find wonder to do it but he thinks anybody can just drive a mile on a mountian road. cause their wont be other cars. i told him i dont know all the buttons and shifters and he still thinks im doin it and is lookin at me really with a suck look. tricks? come down to earth. i am only your friend. im not a driver! damm biatchest.
made incredible vids of dots. will upload later. wolf karyoky and group singing and air gutars and loud lucidity.really rare shots of wolf i snapped in his house i cant show. but dots,....well,,youll all love these.

I don't have my Matty decoder ring handy, but it seems a mile is not too far to walk instead of driving. You guys are hikers, right?

TOW
03-15-2008, 10:57
You guys see how Matty writes? Well he speaks it as well. Whew!

Tin Man
03-15-2008, 11:14
You guys see how Matty writes? Well he speaks it as well. Whew!

Thanks for sharing. I was afraid to ask. :)

turtle fast
03-15-2008, 11:37
was that him eating a bowl of Cherios in a hospital gown in the middle of a busy intersection I saw a few weeks ago?

trailangelmary
03-15-2008, 11:41
tricks is mad cause i wont drive his car to a point just down a road for us to use after we hike a little later. i exsplained i wont and cant and dont know how and am scared of driving and he really ia pissed and im sorry but hes an ass for suggesting it and he could find wonder to do it but he thinks anybody can just drive a mile on a mountian road. cause their wont be other cars. i told him i dont know all the buttons and shifters and he still thinks im doin it and is lookin at me really with a suck look. tricks? come down to earth. i am only your friend. im not a driver!

Attention, Tricks
Listen to Matt. He is only allowed to clean the inside of vehicles! He is not a driver!

Wonder
03-15-2008, 11:53
MAtt should not even be allowed to be in cars! He broke my seat by sitting on it!
Now, I must also add that I drive a car with almost a 1/4 million miles on it....but he did it!

Lone Wolf
03-15-2008, 11:56
i think tricks and matty are on thier way to erwin to pick up B. Jack's sorry ass and Janet's too hopefully, then back to damascus for a dinner party at the Wolf Den hostel.

Tin Man
03-15-2008, 12:07
i think tricks and matty are on thier way to erwin to pick up B. Jack's sorry ass and Janet's too hopefully, then back to damascus for a dinner party at the Wolf Den hostel.

With all these parties being publicly announced, you might consider installing some webcams at the Wolf Den and Dot's. That might save you and others some typing on what went on. You could charge a small fee to cover costs. Call it the Lone Wolf Channel. Interviews with the white/blue/yellow blazers could be fun. You might have to find a translater for Matty though.

Wonder
03-15-2008, 12:24

With sympathy to my liver, I shall arrive after work....tux and all!

TOW
03-15-2008, 12:40
With sympathy to my liver, I shall arrive after work....tux and all!
I drank way too much caffeine last night. Matty wanted a good strong cup of coffee and I had some dark roast from Starbucks so we slammed that down and then at Dots I started off with a diet pepsi and topped that off with a whole pitcher full of sweet southern ice tea, (that was after I drank two full glasses of the stuff before I decided I needed a whole pitcher of that delicacy.) Then after I get home I notice a half cup that either Matty or I did not drink of the coffee and slammed that down my windy pipe.

Needless to say I had me the trots there for awhile and man did I ever pee a river. So after all that's taken care of I should have added some H2O to flush the pipes out but unstead I decide to hit the sack at 1 am and I notice how fast my heart is beating. All at once I felt like I was a floating and my chest was tight and my heart started pounding! And I thought, "here it is, death by caffeine!" That went on for about an hour until I finally dozed off.

My chest has been sore since I rolled out of bed..........

mweinstone
03-15-2008, 16:55
tows house. best internet in dam ass kissers. all morn shutteling to erwin to pick up miss janet and blojack. janet haveing famoly cant attend wolfs meatfest. in a few we will go to market to buy blood and sinue. we need blood and sinue to proceed. tommorow, springer! i really dont know what all the fuss is about. packrat is the finnest shuttel driver anywhere. he has logged miles to the moon and back hauling for trucking 20 plus years. i slept like a poop in the back of mt rodgers van o compfort. jack was delivered to dam ass kiss land and we are compleete. sept gypsys still on her way from florida driving to bloody steak nite here in the very nexsus of trail and einsteins frontal lobe. what? oh. im all weird cause im thruhiking. i forgot. i have two quarts of creek and jack has 6. we will die or hike tommorow i feel.

minnesotasmith
03-15-2008, 17:02
They're having a GREAT time, in and around the Trail, and among fellow hiker people. I wish I was there, instead of on a muddy/snowy oil rig. See you at Trail Days, guys!

mweinstone
03-15-2008, 17:20
talked to luke on his oil rig. jelosy feels so good when its dished out on account of your thru. ms is the best. jack and him agree on some and not on others but in the style of matthewskis being a social butterfly and polinating as my job, him and luke talkin trail trash got my gander up. i mean of course , made me feel good. jack has lots of food to add to the nascar meatfest 500. wolf is polite and genorous and kind. im worried. its so not him but it seems real. hes smells clean like allways. wolf is so marine like in his grooming. respect.

Panzer1
03-15-2008, 20:31
160 posts and no one has done any hiking yet.:):):)

Panzer

trailangelmary
03-15-2008, 20:42
And no one has commented on his hair. I think it looks great.
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3592&d=1205514605

mweinstone
03-15-2008, 20:43
tows house is behind wolfs by 100 feet. so much steak, so little time. and all the whilst,...burping. gypsys steak being held for her arival soon. barbaque so fat cant fart enough. burbing instead. broke lwolfs trash can sitting on it. thaught it was a chair. some folks need higher wattage to see in dark places ya know. my mouth is sick of chewing cows. my stomach aches. desert awaits. tow sleeps. broke in to post. i have back door authority. moved jack into room 2 at mt rodgers in case i get lucky and cause his snoreing scares me. where the hell is missing kink? its not like she has better things to do than being our only woman with wonder. we need you vera! come back! all the men are drunk. you can have your pick. im here for you vera my dear. if , in fact i make you hungry for ,.....post arrested for not being drunk enough. going back to wolfs to crash on couch and listen to weirdos chat. when gypsy comes ill wake. shes the only normal one other than wonder. bag o' tricks and jack and wolf are wacked like dat!next post from neels with my stick. ms,....you rule. xoxoxooxoxmatty

Panzer1
03-15-2008, 20:57
He looks younger without hair.

Panzer

mweinstone
03-15-2008, 21:02
you look old panzer. you should be here. your old. and tired. and not thru hiking. and your jelouse. and right about now,....horrofied at your choices. i love you for your jelosy. back to lonewolfs. then mt rodgers for my last non thru hikeing day. kinda like all the comming days of johhney thunder,....untill he launches. common johnney. you could nmeet us tommorow. its doable. do it. teresa says its cool.goodnight moon.

Panzer1
03-15-2008, 21:05
PS:

watch out for those tornadoes. There has also been some bad hail.

Panzer

camojack
03-15-2008, 22:23
What hair? :confused:

Skidsteer
03-15-2008, 22:34
What hair? :confused:

It's in the bottle. He's gonna carry it to katahdin. He's a purist that way. :p

Panzer1
03-15-2008, 22:35
What's with the water bottle. I thought he only used water bags. Is he bringing the bottle with him??? Where did it come from? We want to know....

Panzer

Frolicking Dinosaurs
03-15-2008, 22:35
::: Dino has a vision of group at campfire on Sunday night :::

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/lowcarbscoop/OldPfartsClub.jpg

Skidsteer
03-15-2008, 22:36
Oh. my. God.

Panzer1
03-15-2008, 23:10

Ummm.. Matty could use bigger boobs. Can you do something about that FD?

Panzer

Frolicking Dinosaurs
03-15-2008, 23:48
Ummm.. Matty could use bigger boobs. Can you do something about that FD?http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/lowcarbscoop/OldPfartsClub2.jpg

trailangelmary
03-16-2008, 00:04
That is hysterical. LMAO!

Panzer1
03-16-2008, 00:32
Sweeet....

Panzer

camojack
03-16-2008, 00:35

Looks as though everyone lost weight...and most of 'em also had sex changes. :eek:

Tinker
03-16-2008, 00:36
Matey, hand me me blunderbuss! :p

camojack
03-16-2008, 03:50
In any event, I wouldn't exactly call that a "vision"; more like a nightmare!!! :eek:

TOW
03-16-2008, 06:45
You know I was thinking he would even look a lot better if he was bald headed............

STEVEM
03-16-2008, 07:46

MAtt should not even be allowed to be in cars! He broke my seat by sitting on it!
Now, I must also add that I drive a car with almost a 1/4 million miles on it....but he did it!

Wonder, It's you own fault, you were warned. Didn't Matt put washer fluid in someones transmission or something like that not too long ago?

Wonder
03-16-2008, 07:55
YEah, but he's like my brother from another mother.....you woulnd't make your bro stand in the rain would ya?

TOW
03-16-2008, 08:30
Just saw Wolf, Baltimore Jack, Bag O Tricks, and beloved Matty off just about fifteen minutes ago. They are on their way to invade Franklin and take Ron hostage. They will retrieve Mala who is in lala land somewhere over the rainbow because that is what it sounded like he was saying when Matty had called him and put him on speaker phone and not a one of us could understand all that garble and I think it is Wolf who deciphered at least that he was somewhere over the rainbow.........

Anyway, they will be stumbling up Springer later today..........maybe.

peanuts
03-16-2008, 09:58
boy i wish i could be a bee on the trail with that bunch:eek::eek::p

TOW
03-16-2008, 10:49
boy i wish i could be a bee on the trail with that bunch:eek::eek::p
What a visual that would be! LMAO!:D

Groucho
03-16-2008, 12:42

Proof of the estrogenic properties of hops in beer? http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/136/7/1862 :eek:

Dances with Mice
03-16-2008, 18:53
dances called this am. he is haveing a hiker deliver my staff to springer shelter today to be left for me like a car , vale delivered. whatever that is. I stopped by the Hiker Hostel and quickly found a hiker waiting for a shuttle to Springer and who was willing to tote Matthewstick to the Springer Shelter.

I called Matt from the Hiker Hostel parking lot to tell him the stick would be at the Springer Shelter.

The above quote indicates that, for a while, he understood.

I just got a voicemail from Matt. He was at Neels Gap and nobody there knows anything about his stick.

Yep. That's our boy.

Tin Man
03-16-2008, 19:15
I just got a voicemail from Matt. He was at Neels Gap and nobody there knows anything about his stick.

Yep. That's our boy.

Lost already? :-?

Skidsteer
03-16-2008, 19:18
At least now we know for sure that the guy with the new haircut really is Matthewski.

Heater
03-16-2008, 19:36
I stopped by the Hiker Hostel and quickly found a hiker waiting for a shuttle to Springer and who was willing to tote Matthewstick to the Springer Shelter.

I called Matt from the Hiker Hostel parking lot to tell him the stick would be at the Springer Shelter.

The above quote indicates that, for a while, he understood.

Yep. That's our boy.

Do you think FD's breast enhancement made him stupid?
Lucky she didn't put a blonde wig on him.

:D

Dances with Mice
03-16-2008, 19:51
Lost already? :-?Still. Not already. Still.

Tin Man
03-16-2008, 19:56
Still. Not already. Still.

Ah. Maybe he will be one of the lucky one's who find themselves on the trail? Hmm, probably not.

TOW
03-16-2008, 20:33
Ah. Maybe he will be one of the lucky one's who find themselves on the trail? Hmm, probably not.
He's found himself long ago in the deep woods of the Appalachia...........:eek:

Dances with Mice
03-16-2008, 20:49
Ah. Maybe he will be one of the lucky one's who find themselves on the trail? Hmm, probably not.I must appologize for insinuating that Matt is, or has ever been, lost. That comment veered the discussion in a direction I did not intend.

Matt has never been lost physically, mentally or spiritually. He does not need to search for himself because he knows exactly where and who he is.

It's just that Matt's concepts of space and time often transcend earthling understanding.

aaroniguana
03-16-2008, 20:56
For all that work, LW still has man-hands.

Tin Man
03-16-2008, 20:58
I must appologize for insinuating that Matt is, or has ever been, lost. That comment veered the discussion in a direction I did not intend.

Matt has never been lost physically, mentally or spiritually. He does not need to search for himself because he knows exactly where and who he is.

It's just that Matt's concepts of space and time often transcend earthling understanding.

No misunderstanding here. I think he knows exactly where he is in space and time. Although he might have trouble keeping in sync with the rest of the world once in awhile. :)

doggiebag
03-16-2008, 21:01
For all that work, LW still has man-hands.
Thanks buddy. I was dreading having to go to Shoppers Food Warehouse for something to eat. You just killed my appetite. Much appreciated.

aaroniguana
03-16-2008, 21:08
Shoppers is better on a Tue night. Weis is a better Sun night excursion anyway.

Heater
03-16-2008, 21:10
I liked his breasts the way they were. ;););)

aaroniguana
03-16-2008, 21:12
Jack's R Better.

doggiebag
03-16-2008, 21:15

One thing's for sure ... the kittens are safe tonight. :eek:

Dances with Mice
03-16-2008, 21:27
Matt called from the Springer Summit. He has the staff.

He's with friends. Lone Wolf blessed my heart.

Let the journey begin.

Alligator
03-16-2008, 21:34
Now that all the prep posts are out of the way,

GOOD LUCK MATT.

Skidsteer
03-16-2008, 21:37
Now that all the prep posts are out of the way,

GOOD LUCK MATT.

Yeah! Tear it up Matt.

Heater
03-16-2008, 21:38
It's on. Good luck Matthewski! :banana

Tin Man
03-16-2008, 21:43
Matthewski, may the schwartz be with you.

And don't let the old guys spoil your quest or lead you astray.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
03-16-2008, 22:01
You can do this, Matty. hike on.

Jan LiteShoe
03-16-2008, 22:22

How about that smile?
What a beautiful smile.

camojack
03-16-2008, 22:27
How about that smile?
What a beautiful smile.
The true beauty comes from within...as always. :p

Panzer1
03-16-2008, 22:31
Good luck dude. Enjoy your hike. You deserve it..

Glad you found your hiking stick. What happened to it?

Panzer

TOW
03-17-2008, 05:53
Alright Matty, do it!

But..............do it only one day at a time and only one step at a time...........

camojack
03-17-2008, 06:35
Any minute now... :banana

Dances with Mice
03-17-2008, 07:41
Glad you found your hiking stick. What happened to it?It was at Spinger shelter where I told him it would be.

My mistake. I confused him with too much information.

TOW
03-17-2008, 08:35
Matty is carrying a battery charger for his cell phone. So someone here, me included should be getting updates from time to time. I bet once Matty gets his walking legs under him he will leave the pack behind...........

Johnny Thunder
03-17-2008, 08:40
5:30 AM wake-up call from the Bacon Tipi at Springer Shelter. Getting up to walk back to the Forest Service road for bacon and to summit.

Almost There
03-17-2008, 09:55
You all realize that these guys are just hiker trash...same as any other.:rolleyes:

With Wolf out on the trail, someone has to keep it real.;)

Dances with Mice
03-17-2008, 10:11
You all realize that these guys are just hiker trash...same as any other.Would somebody please make a comment about recycled hiker trash? I don't have time to work on it right now so I'm outsourcing.

Wonder
03-17-2008, 10:46
Would somebody please make a comment about recycled hiker trash? I don't have time to work on it right now so I'm outsourcing.

Gimme a chance to finish my coffee....and I could go off on that!!!!:D

aaroniguana
03-17-2008, 10:59
Three months in...
*NOTE: No live actors were used or harmed during the filiming of this representation*

http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/files/5/6/1/8/gijoeatcmdr_thumb.jpg (http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=23210&c=newimages&cutoffdate=1)

TOW
03-17-2008, 11:06
You all realize that these guys are just hiker trash...same as any other.:rolleyes:
With Wolf out on the trail, someone has to keep it real.;)
With or without Wolf, them boys are 100% hiker trash and then some. I happen to know the motley crew, but they are very unique to any other "so called" hiker trash that you have ever witnessed. When are you going to get there Almost There?

Panzer1
03-17-2008, 11:14
Where did they camp last night? Anyone know?

Panzer

Johnny Thunder
03-17-2008, 11:16
Springer Shelter

TOW
03-17-2008, 11:24
I bet they slammed a good one on there at Springer last night! And I bet if there were any new hikers about, they would have gotten an earfull and maybe even an eyefull. Them boys are a wild lot!

(You see Almost There we even have our own ways of a speaking. When are you going to get there Almost There?)

Almost There
03-17-2008, 11:52
With or without Wolf, them boys are 100% hiker trash and then some. I happen to know the motley crew, but they are very unique to any other "so called" hiker trash that you have ever witnessed. When are you going to get there Almost There?

No, they aren't unique many of them are just the original product. BTW, I know Wolf, Jack, and Sly pretty well. I've even met you on a couple of occassions the last was with Little Bear at your place last summer. The last two years when it was kept on the DL I was even invited to hike by Jack...just don't have the time being a teacher and all during this time of year.

I just had to state what I did earlier because they, I think, all find it humorous how interested people are in where they are and where they are going.

As for when I am going to get there....never....the journey is the fun part!:D

Almost There
03-17-2008, 11:57
I bet they slammed a good one on there at Springer last night! And I bet if there were any new hikers about, they would have gotten an earfull and maybe even an eyefull. Them boys are a wild lot!

(You see Almost There we even have our own ways of a speaking. When are you going to get there Almost There?)

Wanderer I like you, but if you're throwing a shot my way....do you even hike?;)

BTW, I know first hand that if Jack had his way, most would not have even known he was up on Springer today.

Panzer1
03-17-2008, 12:41
So then yesterday was their first day on the trail. Is that right?

Today looks like a good day to be hiking. Its cool and sunny here in Philly.

Panzer

Dances with Mice
03-17-2008, 13:10
So then yesterday was their first day on the trail. Is that right? Today looks like a good day to be hiking. Its cool and sunny here in Philly. This thread (..."This Thread?...) is about Matt. Like all hikers starting this time of year, he is among a horde (and please don't let Matt try to spell that word) of others headed north but This Thread should be reserved for info about Matt.

Last night was a beautiful, clear, cool night. From Springer he would have seen thousands of stars in the skies and a bright half-moon. It was Matt's first night on the Trail (... after only 10 pages...) and today will be his first day hiking.

Good luck trying to keep it real, Almost. We're talking 'bout Matt here.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
03-17-2008, 13:11
I was driving down FS 42 this morning and heard LW leading this (http://www.ilovewavs.com/Holidays/July4/Marine%20Anthem%20%28From%20the%20Halls%20of%20Mon tezuma%29%20%20-%20Unknown%2001.wav) - those boys have some great voices....

Tin Man
03-17-2008, 13:21
This thread (..."This Thread?...) is about Matt. Like all hikers starting this time of year, he is among a horde (and please don't let Matt try to spell that word) of others headed north but This Thread should be reserved for info about Matt.

Matt sure sounded excited. Is this his first thru attempt?

Dances with Mice
03-17-2008, 13:27
Matt sure sounded excited. Is this his first thru attempt?No, he always sounds that way.

Panzer1
03-17-2008, 13:30
Matt sure sounded excited. Is this his first thru attempt?

2nd or 3rd attempt, I think.

Panzer

Tin Man
03-17-2008, 13:38
No, he always sounds that way.

2nd or 3rd attempt, I think.

Panzer

I should have known. Has he not completed it? What stopped him before?

Tin Man
03-17-2008, 13:41
So if this is Matt's thread, how do we track/comment on the rest of the gang? Start a "Where's the 5-Olde Pharts" thread or would that be redundant?

Johnny Thunder
03-17-2008, 13:51
you look old panzer. you should be here. your old. and tired. and not thru hiking. and your jelouse. and right about now,....horrofied at your choices. i love you for your jelosy. back to lonewolfs. then mt rodgers for my last non thru hikeing day. kinda like all the comming days of johhney thunder,....untill he launches. common johnney. you could nmeet us tommorow. its doable. do it. teresa says its cool.goodnight moon.

(I don't know how I missed this post)

Dude, if I receive one more thinly veiled freespirited attempt and causing me to be "jelos" I'm going to snap.

It's going to be bad.

Because I know where you keep your Bacon. And I know where you keep your...that other 'B' thing. There's going to be hell to pay for spreading all this jelosy. Remember that I don't chase....I wait (like Chuck Norris). Failing that, I stalk like a ninja. And then I pounce like a jaguar. Or a limur. Or, uhhhh, something that pounces. A Salamander! That's right, I pounce with the fury of 10,000 Salamanders. Then I Ghost Ride like Patrick Swayze. And Get Low like Flo Rida ("With Dafur"...anyone understand that lyric?). And then we will all fox together.

Teresa most certainly does not agree. Last night whilst helping my roomate move out he gave her our collective copy of "Friday Night Lights: Season 1." It was immediate waterworks. If you think that I'd leave that woman to watch disc 1 by herself, wallowing her sorrows into a pint of Ben and Jerries Strawberry Shortcake before April 1st then you've got another thing coming.

Here is an incomplete list of all things homey doesn't do on a hike:

Chase
Wait
Take days before the hike with his beautiful girl for granted
Drink rail whiskeys
Play that!

You have officially been served.

Johnny Thunder
03-17-2008, 13:52
I should have known. Has he not completed it? What stopped him before?

One time was a chicken-fried pinky toe.

Another was the birth of his son.

Another was the tax man.

Later, Matthewski was inducted into the Fatastic Four or The Justic League or something.

Dances with Mice
03-17-2008, 14:21
So if this is Matt's thread, how do we track/comment on the rest of the gang? Start a "Where's the 5-Olde Pharts" thread or would that be redundant?Not a good title. Odds are that thread would need ever diminishing numerical designations as time goes on.

But Matt has the Matthewstick so there's no need to worry about Matt. The manufacturer of his hiking staff has a 100% completion rate of thru-hikers that have used his products.

Two Speed
03-17-2008, 14:26
. . . The manufacturer of his hiking staff has a 100% completion rate of thru-hikers that have used his products.Would the manufacturer of these wondrous hiking staffs care to comment on the effect these staffs have on the relative velocity of said hikers?

Dances with Mice
03-17-2008, 14:29
Would the manufacturer of these wondrous hiking staffs care to comment on the effect these staffs have on the relative velocity of said hikers?Relative to rocks?

Tin Man
03-17-2008, 14:30
Not a good title. Odds are that thread would need ever diminishing numerical designations as time goes on.

I heard that one title was 5 old guys or something and thought that wouldn't work for the same reason you suggested. However, 5-Olde might work since that is an establishment in Hanover that at least some have been known to spend some time.

But Matt has the Matthewstick so there's no need to worry about Matt. The manufacturer of his hiking staff has a 100% completion rate of thru-hikers that have used his products.

The staff completes the trail I have no doubt, but what about the hiker who starts with it? I can picture Matt leaving it behind somewhere.

Two Speed
03-17-2008, 14:47
Relative to rocks?Sure, if you think that's an appropriate comparison.

Dances with Mice
03-17-2008, 14:55
Sure, if you think that's an appropriate comparison.Hikers using this brand of staff hike faster uphill than most rocks.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
03-17-2008, 14:59
....Later, Matthewski was inducted into the Fatastic Four or The Justic League or something.http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/lowcarbscoop/Mattystretch.jpg

Two Speed
03-17-2008, 15:11
Hikers using this brand of staff hike faster uphill than most rocks.And what about downhill.

Next, I'd like to see your data. I think you might be using a suspect form of statistical analysis to support your clams.

max patch
03-17-2008, 15:47
25-1 ;)

Dances with Mice
03-17-2008, 15:49
And what about downhill.

Next, I'd like to see your data. I think you might be using a suspect form of statistical analysis to support your clams.Perhaps I did choose the wrong basis of comparison for determining the relative speed of users of these staffs.

None of the hiking staffs have been able to sprout and set roots while in use on the trail. Well, I mean, during daylight hours.

Two Speed
03-17-2008, 15:54
Perhaps I did choose the wrong basis of comparison for determining the relative speed of users of these staffs.

None of the hiking staffs have been able to sprout and set roots while in use on the trail. Well, I mean, during daylight hours.Uh huh, so you admit to falsifying your clams.

Do you have any idea what the penalty is for submitting fraudulent or out of date seafood is? Well, do ya?

Dances with Mice
03-17-2008, 16:00
Uh huh, so you admit to falsifying your clams.

Do you have any idea what the penalty is for submitting fraudulent or out of date seafood is? Well, do ya?No, but I can tell you this:

No hiker using these staffs have ever been overtaken and covered by a glacier. Thanks to global warming.

aaroniguana
03-17-2008, 16:15
And they never will be.

A-Train
03-17-2008, 16:21
I'm loving this increasing trend of the Let's Follow Their Every Move threads. Thanks to WB, I now know:

When Kirby picks his nose
What Rock eats for dinner every night, and
What Matty and Co. do almost hourly.

I don't think I'm gonna bother hiking anymore, now that we can follow along by the minute. It'll save me money and I can sit on my bum all day. It's like the virtual tour of the AT. :)

aaroniguana
03-17-2008, 16:23
You either hike or you live vicariously through those who do.

max patch
03-17-2008, 16:27
I'm loving this increasing trend of the Let's Follow Their Every Move threads. Thanks to WB, I now know:

What Rock eats for dinner every night, and

To each his own, but I'd hate to be tracked down at every road crossing like Rock is. Creepy.