PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watching "In Treatment" ??

rafe
03-13-2008, 22:03
It's an HBO series about a shrink (a psychotherapist). He's good. Thursdays it's "Jake and Amy" in couples therapy. There are other interesting clients on other days. They're all smart... and really effed up.

So on today's epsiode, at the start, Jake's making small talk with Paul, the therapist. Jake lets on that he hiked the Appalachian Trail at age seventeen, walked right through Paul's town. Though I don't recall ever being told what town it was... "You might have seen me in a convenience store, or something," he tells Paul.

Anyway, just an out-of-the-blue AT sighting. :D It's an interesting series, by the way.

rafe
03-14-2008, 08:51
Strange. Am I the only WBer watching this show?

Tin Man
03-14-2008, 09:05
For those who don't subscribe to HBO, you can watch all episodes here...

http://www.hbo.com/intreatment

orangebug
03-14-2008, 09:12
I don't subscribe to HBO. Other psychiatrists have found this a somewhat amusing series so far. Media's ideas of psychiatry/psychotherapy and the like are pretty bizarre.

Tin Man
03-14-2008, 09:15
I don't subscribe to HBO. Other psychiatrists have found this a somewhat amusing series so far. Media's ideas of psychiatry/psychotherapy and the like are pretty bizarre.

Yup. Dr. Gina is no Dr. Melfi. :D

rafe
03-14-2008, 09:19

I'm watching it partly because my wife's a therapist. She seems to enjoy it -- though it's kind of a busman's holiday for her. She's usually very critical of media portrayals of her profession. Much less so for this series.

Anyway, the show's largely irrelevant to the AT -- but then there was this out-of-the-blue AT reference. I was hoping someone else had noticed it!

wilconow
03-14-2008, 09:39
Where is Paul supposed to live that's close to the trail? I only saw one of the first episodes, but I thought it took place in California

rafe
03-14-2008, 09:44
Where is Paul supposed to live that's close to the trail? I only saw one of the first episodes, but I thought it took place in California

I don't think Paul's town has ever been named. But I missed the first week's worth of episodes. 99% of the "action" is in his office.

scothiker
03-14-2008, 12:07
I'm sure it's like lawyers watching lawyer shows, bizarre to see that the media can make the practice of law so much more interesting and dramatic than it really is. Isn't Paul a therapist not a psychiatrist? Anyway, I've been watching all the episodes, Terrapin, and it's a great show. Doesn't hurt that Gabriel Byrne plays the central character - love the Irish accent.

JAK
03-14-2008, 12:21
It's all part of the buildup for the coming movie. :D

JAK
03-14-2008, 12:24
Next thing you know they'll be handing out Lone Wolf and SGT Rock and Jack Tarlin dolls with my daughter's Happy Meals.

LIhikers
03-16-2008, 16:55
I don't pay to watch television.

rafe
03-16-2008, 21:41
I don't pay to watch television.

Noble sentiment. I'd rather pay than watch commercials. ;)