PDA

View Full Version : Cranberry Wilderness

pevans
03-14-2008, 19:37
Was reading the new issue of Backpack and there was an article on the Cranberry Wilderness in W. Virginia. It seems like an area worth checking out and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience there.

emerald
03-14-2008, 20:14
There's already another active thread on this subject. Maybe the 2 could be combined?

Until then, I suggest the poster click on Cranberry Wilderness Area (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34402) already underway. Others who may be interested, please click on the link I just provided and post to the earlier thread.

AlwaysHiking
03-19-2008, 09:53
Great, now it'll be overrun this summer.

ki0eh
03-19-2008, 10:11
Backpacker magazine called Rock Run in northeastern Lycoming County, PA one of its best swimming holes last year. Over this winter the PA DCNR instituted camping and other restrictions there.

Jim Adams
03-19-2008, 10:15
the Cranberry Wilderness can get crowded at times in the summer but for the most part is quiet solitude and beautiful. it is by no means a secret and is a well advertised and used site in the WV outdoor system. lots of info available for it...also check out the Dolly Sods.

geek