PDA

View Full Version : Technology

Carp
03-14-2008, 21:59
So I'm kinda curious, what sort of gizmos are commonplace out there? Reading around here, I see mp3 players pretty commonly, the odd GPS unit, and random radios and the like.

I drag a digital camera, a mp3 Player and a laptop (a very small one, tweaked for long battery life, like this little guy (http://www.mwave.com/mwave/Skusearch.hmx?scriteria=BA24452)) with me. My excuse is that as a web admin, I can still make money while hanging out in the woods.

Just kind of curious what sort of gadgets you guys take out into the woods with you.

Please feel free to insult me for carrying an extra 2lbs 3oz. :)

Montego
03-14-2008, 22:05
Just a small AM/FM/WX radio that takes 2xAA batteries. Mostly for the weather information because I try to get away from electronic technology as much as possible while hiking.

Bob S
03-14-2008, 22:24
My Palm Pilot, it allows me to read books (I have downloaded over 150 for free) and it also works as an MP3 player (I have 1000 minuets on each 1-gig card.) I have lots of games on it. I can write memos, it has a picture viewer that I can put maps on (small screen but it works) I have also downloaded a lot of other random programs on it to use.

I even use it for scheduling work for my business, although not while camping.

I also take a digital camera and cell phone with me. I leave the phone off otherwise customers call to schedule work. But it’s there if I need it.

I have a small Grundig portable Shortwave / AM / FM radio I take to listen to, it’s about the size of a pack of cigarettes, only thinner. The radio is getting old and I need to buy a new one.

scavenger
03-14-2008, 23:03
camera and a headlamp