PDA

View Full Version : marmot precip sale

Wags
03-15-2008, 00:15
campmor's got it on sale for 69.98 if you're looking for one!

http://www.spadout.com/store.php?stpr_id=2195#

Sly
03-15-2008, 00:39
So why do you have a spadout link?

Wags
03-15-2008, 01:19
lmfao! had it saved on clipboard i guess...

http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=39172972&engine=shopzilla&utm_medium=CSE&utm_source=Shopzilla&utm_term=53407&CS_003=2476481&CS_010=53407

Summit
03-15-2008, 09:00
That's 2007 year colors / model BTW. I got this year's color/model from Basegear.com for $65 - free shipping - got it the next day after I ordered it! There are, in addition to different colors, some improvements. They put a collar liner in that's soft and reduces damage to inside laminate material. ;)

joehiker22
03-15-2008, 13:11
That's 2007 year colors / model BTW. I got this year's color/model from Basegear.com for $65 - free shipping - got it the next day after I ordered it! There are, in addition to different colors, some improvements. They put a collar liner in that's soft and reduces damage to inside laminate material. ;)
the campmor link says: "old sytle" i'm not sure what year(s) jackets this refers to.

margo
03-15-2008, 17:31
The womens models differ drastically between the models. Whenever I got ones that say "old model" it was the one with the napolian pocket and no handwarmer pockets. The cut is a little differant and the sleeves are longer.

I prefer the newer style but I've gotten the older style when it was on sale.

Summit
03-15-2008, 18:54
There's usually trade-offs when cheaper comes into play, but in my case I hit a great sale at Basegear and got the 2008 model $5 cheaper than this Campmor sale for a 2007 or older model. ;)

Summit
03-15-2008, 18:57
Hmmm, they still have a few left, although colors/sizes are limited:

http://www.basegear.com/marmot-precip-jacket-rain-sale.html

Summit
03-15-2008, 18:59
Notice it says "Winter - '08" (that's the model year).

take-a-knee
03-15-2008, 20:56
Mountaingear has the precip jackets for $59.

Summit
03-15-2008, 21:39
Mountaingear has the precip jackets for $59.Since I did a lot of research before I bought mine, I instantly discerned by the color names that these are also older models, without the improvements aforementioned.

Wags
03-16-2008, 02:24
not to be a noodge, but you could play this game w/ every piece of gear, every year. rarely does a next generation take steps backwards (unless your last name is BUSH OOHOOHOH BURN) :D

Summit
03-16-2008, 07:10
I don't consider it "playing a game." I consider it getting the best product for the best price! I did not point out the "older versions" to put anyone down, but just to warn you that you would not be getting (necessarily) the best product for the best price. If you don't want to "play that game," it's quite OK by me. ;)

Wags
03-16-2008, 10:12
i understand man, and it is good you pointed that out

Summit
03-16-2008, 11:21
i understand man, and it is good you pointed that outCool! If you use tabs in your browser, what I do with any product, using the Marmot Precip as an example, is go to the Marmot.com site and to the Precip jackets page. Then in another browser tab I google "marmot precip jacket discount (or cheap)." Click down thru the links that come up and you can refer back to the Marmot page for quick reference and comparison. Model numbers, name colors are just a couple of key indicators to match. If they don't match, you know Marmot's site has the latest, so you can immediately discern that the "sale" vendor has an older, or heaven forbid, a knockoff product! :eek:

I say all this to help others avoid the let down I've experienced before when after my "great deal" product arrived, I soon after discovered that it was not the most recent version and was lacking some refinements of the latest one. :)

margo
03-17-2008, 11:54
Knowing the differance between the models is good information, sometimes an older model isn't neccasarily worse, just differeant. For instance, I got an older model dricliime windshirt for 30 bucks. When it came I was amazed at how thin it was. I suspected it was a bootleg one or something but now that I've worn it it has proven just as durable, albeit a little thinner, than the other ones. It's lighter and more packable making it ideal for trips. It fits like a second skin in my sleeping bag making it possible for me to sleep a little warmer, yet not too warm.

I only have one of my favorite model and really have to resist paying full price for another one. It is holding up fine but it's a lighter color that shows dirt and grime. I wear it to work when it's cold in the morning and warm later on (I don't get too hot in a dryclime shirt) and the sleeves get grubby looking quicker than if I had a darker shirt. I sprayed it with revivex once after I washed it and it beads water just fine when its raining.

I love marmot driclime windshirts! I have 4 various models and love every one of them. I wear one every day for at least half of the year. I even sleep in them sometimes!