PDA

View Full Version : Deb El Scramblettes

aaroniguana
03-16-2008, 15:40
Anyone tried these? I bought them some months ago and they were lost in the black hole that is my pantry. Came upon them this morning and made a delicious omellete with onions, peppers and shaved Irish cheddar (all things that can be dehydrated and carried. Almost 8 hours later and I'm still living. They have little caloric content (30 per serving) and none from fat but they cook up like a crepe and you can fill them with fatty things.

grquinn
03-16-2008, 16:31
Anyone tried these? I bought them some months ago and they were lost in the black hole that is my pantry. Came upon them this morning and made a delicious omellete with onions, peppers and shaved Irish cheddar (all things that can be dehydrated and carried. Almost 8 hours later and I'm still living. They have little caloric content (30 per serving) and none from fat but they cook up like a crepe and you can fill them with fatty things.

I'm not familiar with these. What are they and where can you purchase them?

Thanks.

aaroniguana
03-16-2008, 16:43
Powdered eggs. I got them at Weis Markets in MD I think. Not bad. Two TBS to 1/4 cup water per egg.

grquinn
03-16-2008, 16:56
Powdered eggs. I got them at Weis Markets in MD I think. Not bad. Two TBS to 1/4 cup water per egg.

Thanks for the info! Do you think Giant or Safeway carries them?

aaroniguana
03-16-2008, 17:09
Might. You're in Bethesda, I think you have a Whole Foods don't you? Look there.

grquinn
03-16-2008, 17:27
Might. You're in Bethesda, I think you have a Whole Foods don't you? Look there.

There's one right on the Metro Red Line next to the Tenleytown Metro Station.

Thanks!

Christopher Robin
03-16-2008, 18:24
Go to wildernessdining.com

desdemona
03-16-2008, 22:28
I sometimes eat scrambles as a light dinner (not on the trail). The beauty is that you can stick just about anything that might go with eggs in there.
Different cheeses, different veggies, different meats, garlic, onion. You could make them spicy or not. Obviously there are some combos that are better than others.

--des