PDA

View Full Version : From a Hostel owner

jensine
10-06-2002, 14:29
Hi, this is Jensine, most of you know who I am, Jensine is not a trail name, it is my real name. My husband Buddy and I have owned and operated Rainbow Springs Campground in Franklin N.C. for the past 18 seasons. The Admin asked me to be moderator to this forum, only because of my experience. Well, he also said he likes my sense of humor. Having said that, sometimes my posts are taken too seriously.
I.E. that I wouldn't edit the Weasel, it was a joke!! Folks, the
trail is supposed to be a fun, exciting etc., experience, but let's
lighten up a little when it comes to adding alittle humor to the forum. A smile burns more calories than a frown, and a good laugh can burn alot more. I've been asked to post some of our expeiences over the years. I intend to do that every so often. However, if I posted
it all in one post, it would be longer than the Bryson Book!! See,
there I go again!!! More later.

The Weasel
10-06-2002, 17:32
I'm sure it will all be interesting, too! Can I edit them?

The Weasel:D

jensine
10-06-2002, 17:52
You're more than welcome to. I wish I was more computer
literate. We can make it like OJ's trial and you can just ask to go to the side bar. I've got to figure out how to use these smiley faces. Let's see if I can figure this out. :)

Peaks
10-06-2002, 18:01
I know that I have lots of good stories about my hike, as I'm sure most thru hikers have.

So, I look forward to reading yours, since I'm sure you see things completely different that us hikers. Thanks.

Hammock Hanger
10-11-2002, 17:09
so is this gonna be the short version of "The Other Side of the Counter". Remember I told you if you dictated it I would type it.

So glad to see you as a part of this forum!!

BTW: You have a sense of humor! ;) No kidding! Hammock Hanger

jensine
10-12-2002, 09:35
Geez HH, didn't think you would remember that. No I won't be telling tales, except when asked to or if things getting really boring here, which is doubtful. Wish you hadn't used the word "dictate", I've already been accused of that!!:) LOL. Thanks, glad you're back.

Former Admin
10-12-2002, 09:43
Jesine,

Im sure some here would be enlightened by Buddy's recent shuttle story, which is a great example of the crap some service providers have to put up with.

jensine
10-12-2002, 09:47
Admin., It's under From Here To There. Wasn't sure where to
post it. Thank goodness these types of shuttles are rare!!

Former Admin
10-12-2002, 09:59
That just goes to prove I don't read everything here and why we need moderators:D LOL