PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Thru-Hiker for documentary!

TV-Max
03-18-2008, 08:23
Hello everybody,
I am an german filmmaker and am planning a documentary about the AT.
The plan is to acompany a thru-hiker or a group of thru-hikers in the beginning, the middle and the and of the trail. It is me and the Cameraman who are looking forward to hike with you. We both are pretty experienced hikers (crossed the alps) and now we want to present the AT on German TV. A television station is already in the boat, and plans broadcasting the 90 minutes next year.
So anybody who is open to this project, to become part of a documentary, please contact me. Send me a pm or a e-mail ([email protected]) Any tipp or help is greatly apreciated. We plan to be at springer Mountain around 10th of April so anybody who plans to start around this date... get into contact. :)
Thank you
Greetings
Max

LIhikers
03-21-2008, 11:38
You know the success rate for people to complete a thru hike is pretty low, right? So whoever you hike with in the beggining may not make it to the middle, much less the end of the trail. Good luck with your project, and the only advice I'd offer is to make sure that you and your camera don't become intrusive.

Appalachian Tater
03-21-2008, 13:16
My advice would be to just have the camera crew start in late March and thru-hike themselves rather than trying to follow a particular hiker. Odds are the whole crew won't make it either. You couldn't expect a thru-hiker to adjust his pace for a camera. Heisenberg and all that. It wouldn't really be a documentary. But it would be really cool to go with the blind dude and you wouldn't slow him down. Plus you could help him through Mahoosuc Notch by putting a string through it or something.

Tin Man
03-21-2008, 13:56
My advice would be to just have the camera crew start in late March and thru-hike themselves rather than trying to follow a particular hiker. Odds are the whole crew won't make it either. You couldn't expect a thru-hiker to adjust his pace for a camera. Heisenberg and all that. It wouldn't really be a documentary. But it would be really cool to go with the blind dude and you wouldn't slow him down. Plus you could help him through Mahoosuc Notch by putting a string through it or something.

Reminder: The blind hiker changed his plan to March 1, 2009.

http://blindhiker.com/

criley84
03-21-2008, 21:49
Hey, I start at Springer on the 10th! Hope to see ya out there. I'm staying at the hiker hostile on the 9th then moving out the following morning.

Good luck with your video!

If you would like to contact me you can reach me at [email protected]

quasarr
03-24-2008, 17:36
any chance you might go Southbound instead ... I want to be on TV!! :D

Appalachian Tater
03-24-2008, 18:35
Reminder: The blind hiker changed his plan to March 1, 2009.

http://blindhiker.com/Then somebody else will have to run a string through the notch.