PDA

View Full Version : trekking poles with little or no vibration

musicwoman
03-21-2008, 19:57
Can anyone recommend a hiking pole that doesn't vibrate or vibrates very little? Mine are annoying as heck.

Thanks!!

Rockhound
03-21-2008, 22:40
Can anyone recommend a hiking pole that doesn't vibrate or vibrates very little? Mine are annoying as heck.

Thanks!!
Yes. They're called sticks. I've got a pair myself.They are sturdy, lightweight, free, and easily replaceable if lost or broken. I found mine on the ground in Georgia.

Flush2wice
03-21-2008, 23:31
Try a great new product- Kno-poles.
They don't vibrate at all.

jlb2012
03-22-2008, 09:00
poles without shocks and with rubber tips are reasonably quiet - perhaps that would be what you are looking for - on the other hand sticks or other non-collapsable poles would be just as good

highway
03-22-2008, 16:54

Thanks!!

I know of two good choices, although there are likely more:

http://www.trackspoles.com/

http://www.luxurylite.com/

I have used both, of late the latter

Hoop
03-22-2008, 19:44
Not sure about native NY bamboo but a garden supply or websites can provide a DIY project, or like above post, step outside...

Blissful
03-22-2008, 19:57
I love my Leki Makalu Ultralights. I had never used hiking poles before my thruhike but after falling down in the snow enough times I bought them. Still use them. They have "air ergo soft anti-shocks." No vibration problems.

Agree. But I have also used Komperdells as well. Never even thought of them vibrating (?). Mine though did not have any antishock mechanisms.

Press
03-22-2008, 21:59
I like the cheap aluminum "Eddie Bauer" hiking poles sold at Target for about $20 apiece. Not the ones with the compass in the hand grip. Bent one, threw it away, got another, no big deal. Plus now I have one silver one and one orange one - cool.

NICKTHEGREEK
03-27-2008, 06:22

Thanks!!
Meet us half way, pray tell what kind of poles are giving you the problem and maybe a solution is at hand.

Venture
03-27-2008, 09:47

Thanks!!

Hmmm, woman seeking non-vibrating poles, I would of thought it would be the other way around!!:)

Gray Blazer
03-27-2008, 09:49

Thanks!!
Take the batteries out. Some people like the vibrating poles. :D

musicwoman
03-27-2008, 09:55
Hmmm, woman seeking non-vibrating poles, I would of thought it would be the other way around!!:)

LMAO!!!! Well, let's not rule that out either, I've been seperated for over a year after all!!

However, I was specifically speaking of the poles that I WALK with:)

I have a pair of Black Diamond Trekking poles. No bells or whistles. Just a basic pair of poles. They aren't noisy, but man, every time I put one down, it vibrates to the point where my wrist starts hurting.

I guess I am looking for something more sturdy. I think perhaps a 2 pc pole instead of the 3 pc might be the answer? I really need them for my knees, hiking without them is not an option.

Venture
03-27-2008, 10:11
LMAO!!!! Well, let's not rule that out either, I've been seperated for over a year after all!!

However, I was specifically speaking of the poles that I WALK with:)

I have a pair of Black Diamond Trekking poles. No bells or whistles. Just a basic pair of poles. They aren't noisy, but man, every time I put one down, it vibrates to the point where my wrist starts hurting.

I guess I am looking for something more sturdy. I think perhaps a 2 pc pole instead of the 3 pc might be the answer? I really need them for my knees, hiking without them is not an option.

You could try the ones with an anti-shock spring! I use the leki super makalus and have never had problems with vibrations. A three section pole actually might help dampen vibrations too! Also covering the carbide tip will help! Have fun!:)

musicwoman
03-27-2008, 10:17
I was just on the phone with a fellow hiker down in Va. He just recommended the Leki's as well. He described what was happening perfectly: He asked if the poles "resonate", which is exactly what is happening. I am going to drive the 50 miles this weekend to the nearest outfitter (EMS, ugh, I hate them), and try a pair out.