PDA

View Full Version : Help with Gear List

mts4602
03-22-2008, 23:48
This is my gear list for a winter trip...summer would be basically the same minus a lot of the clothes. It seems to be around 30 pounds with 2L of water and without food.

My problem is, I don't know how to get it any lighter. Also, I'm looking to getting the Nimbus Ozone b/c my pack is around 5lbs, but I don't see how I can fit everything in it. My pack right now is 4000c and if I don't hang anything on the outside of my pack I can BARLY fit my food in my pack...it will fit, but barly. The Ozone is 3800 I believe?

BackpackKelty Santa Fe 4000Tent MSR Hubba HubbaSleeping BagMontbell SS. DH #1Sleeping PadThermarest Prolite 4 Full lengthStove Jet BoilWater FilterKatahdin HikerHead lampBlack Diamond Spot2L MSR BagNalgene BottleClothesboxers2 pairsocks 3 pairshortslightweight long underwear bottomHikingexpedition wgt. Lg underwear bottomCampunder armor topHikingexpedition wgt. Lg underwear topCampt-shirtfleece pantsMarmot Rain pantsMontbell PeakRain JacketMontbell PeakInsulated JacketMontbell Thermawrap ParkaLight weight glovesHeavy weight snow glovesBalaclavaknit hatBootsHi-techHygiene contact caseglassessmall solution bottlemedicinetooth pastetooth brushToilet paperMisc50 ft. Parachute Cordcompassmatches/lighterear plugssmall notepadpensmall first aid kitcamp towelstuff sackskeyswallet cell phone

mts4602
03-22-2008, 23:49
ummmm Yeah....let me fix this...

Appalachian Tater
03-22-2008, 23:59
2 liters water is about 4.4 pounds and that isn't part of your base weight. The Nimbus Ozone can easily handle that weight. It's convenient to keep your tent on the outside in the back vertical so you can set it up while it's raining without opening your pack and put it up in the rain with your closed pack under a tree. The collar at the top can hold stuff which is great for a big resupply, but it carries better if it's not top heavy. Your problem is probably in packing not what you're carrying. I can't really read your list but you have ear plugs so everything should be okay.

mts4602
03-23-2008, 00:01
YEAH, MODS you can delete this thread. I can't seem to figure out how to not make it do that.

quasarr
03-23-2008, 09:55
here you go!! all you need to do is add spaces :D

mts4602 gear list:

Backpack- Kelty Santa Fe 4000
Tent- MSR Hubba HubbaSleeping
Bag- Montbell SS. DH #1
Sleeping Pad- Thermarest Prolite 4 Full length

Stove -Jet Boil
Water Filter- Katahdin Hiker
Head lamp- Black Diamond Spot
2L MSR Bag