PDA

View Full Version : I'm looking for a peanut butter recipe??

Big Dawg
01-24-2004, 00:22
I found a recipe online a few weeks ago on some AT related site or link, & now I can't remember where I found it, but it involed taking peanut butter, honey, oatmeal, & plenty of other goodies & mixing it all together & then forming little balls,, said it was great tasting, high energy snack while hiking,, would love to make these, has anyone seen or know of this recipe, if so, pls email, thanks, James:confused:

brian
01-24-2004, 00:44
I found a recipe online a few weeks ago on some AT related site or link, & now I can't remember where I found it, but it involed taking peanut butter, honey, oatmeal, & plenty of other goodies & mixing it all together & then forming little balls,, said it was great tasting, high energy snack while hiking,, would love to make these, has anyone seen or know of this recipe, if so, pls email, thanks, James:confused:

Try this link: GO to backpacking.net, then into the forums (click on the big picture on top). Enter the LITE FOOD area, and then click on the "post your recipies here". There was a good recipie for stuff with the ingredients you named. I also made my own version:

2 cups oats
1\3 cup honey
1\4cup maple syrup
1\2 cup rasins
1\2 cup chocolate chipx
2\3 cup peanut butter
1\4 cup butter
2 tbs. olive oil

Bake @ 350 until done. This recipie was too wet...illl try a little less honey\maple syrup, and eliminating the oil. But a darned good combination of ingredients!!!

Brian
Future Thru Hiker 2013

Streamweaver
01-24-2004, 01:43
I think that was one of my old posts ,it was a recipe called ,peanut butter honey treats . Ive got the recipe around here somewhere Ill post it as soon as I find it. I originally got it from a box of powdered milk ,Carnation I think it might have been. It was prolly on Sgt Rocks forum that I posted it . Streamweaver

okpik
01-24-2004, 10:04
I think that was one of my old posts ,it was a recipe called ,peanut butter honey treats . Ive got the recipe around here somewhere Ill post it as soon as I find it. I originally got it from a box of powdered milk ,Carnation I think it might have been. It was prolly on Sgt Rocks forum that I posted it . Streamweaver

Try looking it up by Moose Goo, I think that's what he called it.

Straydog
01-26-2004, 13:44
Ed Garvey had a peanut butter recipe called Citadel Spread. I made some and thought it was pretty good. It reminded me of peanut butter fudge.

Ed's recipe called for bacon grease. Not having any readily available, I substituded this with olive oil.

18 OZ jar extra chunky peanut butter
1 oz. olive oil
1/2 cup honey

Mix above, add

3 cups of dry milk powder until mix is crunchy.

Store in refrigerator indefinetly, keeps without refrigeration up to 3 weeks