PDA

View Full Version : Where is Colonel Chaco?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Jason of the Woods
07-18-2008, 18:17
You have no idea how awesome they are til you try one. Easy access for bathroom. If you get sweaty, just lift it up during a nice breeze. :sun

I'll never go back. I love mine. There was a couple of days when it dropped below freezing that I didn't wear it but that was it. It was funny how many people that I met and hiked around that went and got one after I preached at how awesome mine was and yes going to the bathroom without taking off your pack is golden.:D

wakapak
07-18-2008, 18:23
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tGL4d660DRs

The link above is some of the 08ers hiking and singing their chant!

YAY!!! thanks for putting that up Mary!!! and thanks for everything over the 4th, it was an awesome time!...great to see you again!! Tell Vicky, Pat and Peace Frog that I said Hello!!! Love you!

That was awesome!!!! I love them guys and gals! Thanks for the link, Trailangelmary!!:)

ROOTS!!!! Hope all is well with you!!

I met Chaco and Wak yesterday when I was meeting my boys......Cool Cats, great group to hike with.

Hope the storms last night were not too bad.

peace
mf

Great meeting you and Panzer, MF!! Nah, the storms weren't too bad...we got a little wet thru-out the nite in the tent, but nothing terrible! The rain sure was needed though!! Thanks again for the magic that you guys brought!!!

mweinstone
07-19-2008, 07:41
wak and chok just de sanktified the crap out of this church. the babys due soon. how do they make such noises? its like a cacoughiny of animal screetching and other tecktonic noises. man i wish they would get a tent

Chaco Taco
07-20-2008, 04:57
http://s324.photobucket.com/albums/k346/chacowak/Thruhike%202008/

Some pictures for everyone to check out. Havent had time to edit and all that junk. Trailjournals has repeatedly failed me so here ya go

Roots
07-20-2008, 09:31
http://s324.photobucket.com/albums/k346/chacowak/Thruhike%202008/

Some pictures for everyone to check out. Havent had time to edit and all that junk. Trailjournals has repeatedly failed me so here ya go
Hey Chaco!!! You guys are kicking trail and taking names. We're out to do Dicks Creek Gap(GA) to Siler Bald(NC) today. Can't help but think about you while we've been staying here with Ron. You guys keep up the great hike!!!! :sun

Frolicking Dinosaurs
07-20-2008, 09:39
wak and chok just de sanktified the crap out of this church. the babys due soon. how do they make such noises? its like a cacoughiny of animal screetching and other tecktonic noises. man i wish they would get a tent::: Dino seen pouring bleach into ear to rid mind of mental images :::

Colonel Chaco - great pics.

For the journaling problems, try postholer.com (http://postholer.com/) More reliable, better features and more flexibility to record what is important to you for your journal instead of being bound to what the journal site finds important to record.

d'shadow
07-21-2008, 03:23
Great pics guys! Have to change the chant from chacotaco toooo
go Chacowak, go chacowak, CHACOWAK! :D

mweinstone
07-27-2008, 07:58
i am the worlds largest chaco and wakapak fan. anyone who atempts to be a bigger fan,..will die. i have taken fanship to its outter limmits and no one can go further in the arena of fandom. for my next fanatic act,....i will preach to the choir.

hey wak? whatcha doin?!
chaco?! ...........whatcha doin?!
hikein?!

go on!!!!!! git!!!!!!! git on ou!!hea!

use the terms well luke,....remember,the dark side is strong. use the terms, use the terms.

manmade structure break.
roadbobein.
lactard !
only you can prevent slackpacking.

mweinstone
07-27-2008, 08:04
next up,...after the break. a vidio of us in a truck. i think chacos in the cab. or the back. one or the other. good shot of the awsome wakapak. also barfight ,banjo, johnney thunder and others.

seaside
07-28-2008, 14:08
Your comments certainly make dear old Dad (or Papa Chaco, as some say) proud.

trailangelmary
07-28-2008, 14:18
So where are they now? New Jersey?

TheTank
07-29-2008, 22:55
Chaco is at Silver Hill Campsite in Connecticut tonight along with Wakapak, Animal, Vegas, handyman, and a couple others whose names I do not recall. All those whom drink it have been issued a beer. That is all.

trailangelmary
07-29-2008, 23:27
Thanks for the update, Tank. I figured they were out of NJ & NY but was really curious. Is Shua and/or Baracus in the vicinity? And How about Johnny Thunder? Sorry Chaco, I'm stealing your thread to ask about other hikers! I could list a lot of other names I am curious about. Anyway, Thanks again, Tank!
Hope to see you again this summer!

mweinstone
07-30-2008, 07:14
quit hoggin the thread mary. this is my house now. go make yourself some frendship bread and settel down now. first of all id like to be the first to corrupt chaco tacos dad. lets bring him in boys! ladys and gentelmen, and hikers. may i please tell you all about this wonderful dad we all have in mr taco. poptoc. thats how i refer to him. ive been evesdropping on most of chacos and his dads calls. from hotels, motels and notells. and i can tell you,.. chacos dad is gold. very supportive. and a good listener. ya know how sometimes when your listening in on a call,...you get the sence of whats really going on. even more than the callers . you have a vantage place to observe with sight and sound. his dad allways writes things down when hes on the phone with his chaco. names of other hikers are collected then published in a loveingly dutyfull way. like an egal bringing dead food to the nest for chicks, pops tacs supports us all. a real good example for us dads . back to you at normality central. wacapak? got anything to add to this blather?

seaside
07-30-2008, 09:13
Oops! Something funky happened to my PC.

thanks, Matty. Yes, I do support all of you doing what you really like to do. Maybe somewhat envious! I am living your "hike" with you, through the phone calls, the PM's, and through Whiteblaze. Keep the spirit!!!

jessicacomp
07-30-2008, 17:49
chaco and wakapak- just know that you are in connecticut and havent told me, therefore my heart is broken.
kidding- you should call me though!!!

TheTank
07-30-2008, 19:19
Mary: I have not seen or heard anything about Shua. Baracus is supposedly South of them, probably a day or two. All reports I have heard of Johnny Thunder are that he is way back behind the people I have talked to, apparently he took a lot of time of and was going slow for a while, so he is probably still in New York.

Two Beers: They did ask me last night if I had talked to you recently, and then mentioned that they should call you, so you can probably expect to hear from them soon.

I am going to try to get out on the trail this weekend, Sunday, and Saturday as well if I do not have to work, I will try to be up around the group if I can find people I know. I will report back after that. Two Beers, let me know if you want to head up to hike for a day or two as well.

jessicacomp
07-30-2008, 22:23
johnny thunder called me today...he will be in kent on friday, and so he I suppose he isnt too far behind.

Tank, I was thinking about heading to the trail on Saturday near wherever Johnny and friends are. I was going to do some trail magic and camp out with them and then I was hoping to find Chaco and Wakapak on Sunday. I'll let you know where we are camping on saturday so you can join us if you'd like!

mweinstone
07-31-2008, 08:01
max now has 4 felony arrests. otherthan that, life sucks. and i hate you all. oxoxoxoxoxoxmatty

mweinstone
07-31-2008, 08:03
ps,...oxoxoxoxoxomatty

wakapak
07-31-2008, 11:58
Hey all!!!! stealing a piece of Chaco's thread for a moment......

MATTY!!!!!!! miss you tons my friend, you're post on here with all the little sayings really made me laugh!! call us sometime! know we're big fans of yours too! roadbobeing still pops into my head all the time!!! hahahahha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

okay, time for me to let Chaco use the computer for a bit!!! late all!!!

Jack Tarlin
07-31-2008, 12:03
Chaco, Wak, Johnny:

Hope to see you guys at the Rutland Festival (15-17 August). If you're past there by the Festival, hitch back and we'll make sure you get a ride back to wherever you need to be. Also hoping to keep you entertained in Hanover anytime after the 18th; you'll be expected to stay awhile.

camojack
07-31-2008, 12:22
I just might (maybe) be up in New England somewhere near the Trail for the first week in September.

Chaco Taco
07-31-2008, 12:41
Chaco, Wak, Johnny:

Hope to see you guys at the Rutland Festival (15-17 August). If you're past there by the Festival, hitch back and we'll make sure you get a ride back to wherever you need to be. Also hoping to keep you entertained in Hanover anytime after the 18th; you'll be expected to stay awhile.

Jack, Im pumped about coming to see you on your turf.
We will be in Rutland no matter where we are on the trail.

Chaco Taco
07-31-2008, 12:42
HEY WEINSTONE!!!! Why dont you answer your phone. Man i really miss you. Thanks for the kind words. You are a gem!! We are coming to see you promptly after we finish. Can you swing a ride to Rutland for the fest?? Please call us or answer your phone.

Chaco Taco
07-31-2008, 12:43
So where are they now? New Jersey?
Salisbury CT
Love you Mary!!!:sun

mweinstone
08-01-2008, 07:35
foolish child. trix are for kids. hes rideing me to rutland. and the dude is two. so are others. i have at least 4 rides. allow me to asplaine a few things. numero ono. i am the worlds largest human being. two. i consist of mostly gold. three. my jelosy gland just ruptured and im on my way to the hospitol. and four,...my jelosy gland just ruptured and theirs jelosy jelly all over the place. i love you both like a pa rock.

mweinstone
08-01-2008, 07:36
the world will end at 3:15 pm est today. hikeing will continue. that is all.

wakapak
08-01-2008, 12:06
foolish child. trix are for kids. hes rideing me to rutland. and the dude is two. so are others. i have at least 4 rides. allow me to asplaine a few things. numero ono. i am the worlds largest human being. two. i consist of mostly gold. three. my jelosy gland just ruptured and im on my way to the hospitol. and four,...my jelosy gland just ruptured and theirs jelosy jelly all over the place. i love you both like a pa rock.

YAY!!! Matty will be in rutland!!! look forward to seeing you there! and i know that loving us like a pa rock is good thing..hahahhahahaa.
oh yeah...wait till you see my transformation when we are all in rutland...that's all i'm gonna say about that! :p

Chaco Taco
08-01-2008, 12:10
Your ass better be in Rutland Weinstone!!!
So wait a second. I noticed these little star thingys on threads when they are good. I want a star on mine. I feel I have reached star status!! I have legends on here darnnit! Haha just kiddin. No but really I want a freakin star on my thread!
Ok, we are gettin the heck outta Salisbury and just gettin right outta town. Mattie, you better answer when we call again or Ill use the Schwartz on you.;)
Roasting like a hippie at a Dead show up here!
Dad sorry I have not called back, got no signal up here. Will call ya from Dalton, Mass in 4 days. Oh wait, the world will have ended. Ill try anyway.

Chaco Taco
08-01-2008, 12:14
Whoever put up my stars, I love ya like a hamburger at a hiker feed!!

Tin Man
08-01-2008, 12:16
There, I gave you some stars, even though you walked on by my hood without checking in. hard to spread any "magic" if you don't check in with the Tin Man. ;)

Say hi from me to the folks in Rutland, Jack, Bobcat, Loveboat (if he makes it), etc.

jessicacomp
08-01-2008, 16:54
There, I gave you some stars, even though you walked on by my hood without checking in. hard to spread any "magic" if you don't check in with the Tin Man. ;)

i feel that way too! I was going to do some awesome magic for chaco and wakapak, but I cant if I dont know where they are! looks like you guys already passed through my area. I will have to save my magic for Johnny and others. :rolleyes:

Tin Man
08-01-2008, 22:34
i feel that way too! I was going to do some awesome magic for chaco and wakapak, but I cant if I dont know where they are! looks like you guys already passed through my area. I will have to save my magic for Johnny and others. :rolleyes:

We could get the CT crowd together, as discussed earlier, and give each other some magic. :)

mweinstone
08-02-2008, 06:12
two beers i miss your face and want to kiss it. wakapak your a dready mess. you both look like rastas i bet. what the hell am i doing? just getting rich and famouse and ruleing the artworld. what are you doing? stealing my trail and eating my towns and swimming in my hostels. where is johnney thunder? in his underwhere. can folks like me be helped? only if mothers finest gets a degree in the mat sciences. why am i gitty? cause max came over and we had quality time together. then the dude came by and we had time together .

mweinstone
08-02-2008, 06:28
who is your daddy and what does he do!!!!!!!!!!!

mweinstone
08-02-2008, 06:33
punching angel.

mweinstone
08-02-2008, 06:40
sorry, thats not punching angel. its one with another name. one i forgott. oh well. so much for relevence. i was gonna try to hijack your thread. no i wasnt. yes i did. not. chaco, next mirror you see, look in and scream, " what cha doin?!" wak, next mirror you see, look in and scream,"what the fuch did i do?! " hey johnney thunder, your trail name is slightly afeminant. try something like,.....dr johnney thunder or sir john thunder or master thunder or ward thunder or ,.............im bored.

mweinstone
08-02-2008, 06:41
i will now create a post so terrible you will be forced to scroll away.

trailangelmary
08-02-2008, 06:42
Matty,
you should be here getting ready to hike with me

jessicacomp
08-02-2008, 10:47
Matt, I am so happy to hear you are coming to Rutland. I made a gift for you, and otherwise I would have had to mail it.
cant wait to see everyone!!

Roots
08-02-2008, 11:23
Your ass better be in Rutland Weinstone!!!
So wait a second. I noticed these little star thingys on threads when they are good. I want a star on mine. I feel I have reached star status!! I have legends on here darnnit! Haha just kiddin. No but really I want a freakin star on my thread!
Ok, we are gettin the heck outta Salisbury and just gettin right outta town. Mattie, you better answer when we call again or Ill use the Schwartz on you.;)
Roasting like a hippie at a Dead show up here!
Dad sorry I have not called back, got no signal up here. Will call ya from Dalton, Mass in 4 days. Oh wait, the world will have ended. Ill try anyway.
HEY CHACO and WAK!!

Glad you are doing well. Keep up the great hike!!! Love you guys!!! :banana:sun

mweinstone
08-03-2008, 06:42
i may not wear underware today to celebrate chacos life achevments. yo cha and wa, guess what? mothers finest is comming over to pick up a few of my pictures to show to a famouse artist who comes in his shoe store. another baited hook dropped into the now churning with curators, artworlds waters. lets reveiw the progression of events since ive come home concerning my fishing for fame. mothers finest showing my art. makeing tee shirts. painting the most important historic bldg in the neighborhood and hanging a pic in the store window while i work. and ive sent emails to the curator of the modern art dept of the philly meusum. for being home two weeks, thats a start. and im makeing pics at night and working 7 days. oh ill be back allright. next seasons class will have to put up with my crap . im so relived to be helping max and being around him, i wouldnt continue my hike if i could. this is how i know i made the right decision. the trail is such a cool thing. please stop hurting it with trash and foolishness everyone. please have a reverence for it all your lives. its our sanctuary to think out lifes burdens. i miss you all and will see you in rutland. i will bring no magic. i wont say hello. ill just sit and cook steaks quietly. if you want to sit in front of my tent and eat steak, okay. but no talking and no eye contact. im gonna be meditating.

TOW
08-03-2008, 07:35
Yippee yahoo cow matty..........whoops! i mean cow patty...............

Tin Man
08-03-2008, 08:09
Where's the bacon?

little bear
08-03-2008, 08:53
im right here.....

Heater
08-03-2008, 11:51
theirs jelosy jelly all over the place. i

jelosy jelly is great on a biskit with egss and bacon.

mweinstone
08-04-2008, 05:32
we now return you to our regularly schedualed chaco allready in progress. the national wheather service has issued a severe roadbobe warning. hikers allong the appalachian trail can exspect damaging hailbobe with severe vegging. also, manmade structure breaks can occure suddenly. seek shelter and hotbox.

Johnny Thunder
08-04-2008, 15:02
I'm in Great Barrington with Two Beers, Burass, and Chuck. Plans to be on Greylock next Saturday AM and Rutland a week later.

Chaco and Wak are hippies. That is all.

Mother's Finest
08-04-2008, 15:07
I thought they were hippies. Now that you have confirmed it, I can send out the dragnet for the Great Northeast.

Something about that Widespread Panic. Not even going to talk about the God Damned Grateful Dead. they have been hunted since Reagan was Governor.

enjoy

peace
mf

mweinstone
08-06-2008, 06:52
johnney thunder stole" that is all" from me. i stole " and so it goes" from linda ellerbee and customized it and urban pimped it out and re urban designed it to its current form. being an urban desighner is fun but i wish copyright infringment laws were applicable. i sue you johnney thunder. you big hiker with legs. damm. you really are a big son of a bitch. i thaught i was looking down on you all this time. but no. im actually looking up. now let me show you rank amatures how to thats all folks properly.

johnney wants to talk about circumsizion and hiking. that is all.

mweinstone
08-06-2008, 07:25
the truth about wakapac. most folks dont know this and i was sworn to secracy.who swears dumbassmat to stuff? wak is great. that is all.

Chaco Taco
08-06-2008, 14:24
Good Lord you freaks.
Sorry Two Beers, we have been pretty much by ourselves the past few days and it was really nice to have that break from the big crowds. I hope you arent mad. Im sorry.
Mattie, we miss you man. It aint the same out here without the big top and your pancakes and coffee and party favors! We will see you in Rutland.
JT- hope you liked my entry at Upper Goose. We will see you in Rutland if not before.
Oh and if you go to Dalton, YOU HAVE TO go to Tom Levardi's. Great great great place!!!
We are off to Greylock! Oh yea, there is a major announcement coming in the next few minutes in the 2008 forum!!!!;)

wakapak
08-06-2008, 14:38
Good Lord you freaks.
Sorry Two Beers, we have been pretty much by ourselves the past few days and it was really nice to have that break from the big crowds. I hope you arent mad. Im sorry.
Mattie, we miss you man. It aint the same out here without the big top and your pancakes and coffee and party favors! We will see you in Rutland.
JT- hope you liked my entry at Upper Goose. We will see you in Rutland if not before.
Oh and if you go to Dalton, YOU HAVE TO go to Tom Levardi's. Great great great place!!!
We are off to Greylock! Oh yea, there is a major announcement coming in the next few minutes in the 2008 forum!!!!;)

oh boy...what is this major announcement?? i'm kinda afraid to look....but ya'll know i'm gonna look anyway...

and yeah, you all are freaks!!! which is why we love you guys so much!!

oh, and yeah, i'm becoming a hippie more and more everyday...and no Matty, i'm not gonna look in the mirror and say waht did i do!?!? cause i look AWESOME now!!! ahahhahahaahh!!!!!

can't wait to see all of you guys, whoever is gonna be there, in Rutland!!

JT....Catch up!!!!!!

mweinstone
08-07-2008, 06:16
spoke with the great one last night. he is 4 days behind you. keychaine and oryan are a day behind him and with him are tons of coolies. i miss shwa. and banjo. and all of you. even derrik jeeters seems to have taken up residense in my heart as of late. chaco has two lighters hes named derrik jeeters and airforce one. my lighter is now marine one. lighters get lost so you really do need to name them. then you call out for them when your trying to make breakfast. air force one come in! air force one? airforce one located. im thinking this urban design concept of nameing lighters is all chaco. he invented it. cool. my friends are like me! remember johnney?,....white crows ability to bring the trail to life? talking rocks and sticker bushes! mothers finest is a friend of great importance to me. he is possibly the most realistic of my gaggle.last eve he was over. we talked and drank and he took some art to show some hudgely whealthy philanthropist artist he met. we have allways planned on him being my agent if i become a worldwide overnight billionair success story . on that note. in the back of my highly organized mind are plans to return to the trail if i can with the mula from my art and a freash start. if only i had done things differently, i wouldnt be mat. thats funny and scary. but i drift away from the ice cream topic of sprinkles and hikeing and bannana cream cake with strawbwrrys and a large fish cooked in ginger with bourban and roadbobeing for all. once apon a time a hiker named mat woke up early and felt huingry. he ate the world and burped. then he rode the moon around for a while and took a nep on a cloud. soon the evil johnney thunder was rideing a dragster with a alarm clock and things started to melt. cheesesteaks and rootbeers later, i was fighting lord coo coo clock with a marshmallo spelling stick. if you belive in your heart of hearts that young anikin will grow up to mind his thaughts, then you also know that your thaughts determine your reality. whos your dad.

Johnny Thunder
08-07-2008, 10:12
and what does he do?

TheTank
08-09-2008, 21:52
So I told Chaco that if he does not hike into Rutland for the Long Trail fest to let me know and I can give him a ride. I expect to be heading up from the Albany area, up route 7 early Friday afternoon, the 15th. So I will be going right near all road crossings between Bennington and Rutland, if he or anyone else needs a ride let me know. I will also post this offer in the Long Trail Fest thread.

mweinstone
08-10-2008, 05:14
tank used the exspression, "so.." to start a sentance?! the end is very neigh ladies and gents. this use of common venacular by the freak known as my greatest freind tank spells disaster and stench filled death for us all. death by pancakes id imagine. heres the perfect week for me in my mind. chaco and wak get married. johnney thunder relizes hes been wearing platform shoes and takes them off makeing me taller. jesters mom pat bakes a cake with a file in it and sends it to debters prison to get me out. jester finds that ball i lost when i was 5 . it was carried by the wind to the pct. sly has a facelift and now looks like george bush. pirate looses 50 lbs and is on a raw diet. lonewolf decides to enroll in seminary school and comes home in a benedickto monks cape and garb. gypsy takes pole danceing and and opens a finnishing school for trail women. missing kink rips off her clothes and says" take me matty, i cant stand it any more" the only wanderer somehow gets elected mayor of damascus. shwa and banjo get married and have tall, strong minded babys. two beers falls for an ugly guy giveing me time to build a time machine and go back and get her when she was single. man... this rant isnt going so well. its starting to drift out to sea. speaking of hikeing with the worlds greatest group of friends,....i miss you all . love you much. am smothering some of you with smootches. will pray for us all to be swept up in a worldwide hikeing hike. and ice cream to be raining. and dogs sing us good songs. we have love. peace. and fudge brownies with butter pecan ice cream for all.

Jason of the Woods
08-10-2008, 17:59
Shua and Banjo, huh? I picture much different children that struggle with the ways of the north and the "ways" of the south.;)

mweinstone
08-11-2008, 06:07
sitting in my empty apt waiting for the sun to pop up so i can go to work and build a kitchen and get paid and pay rent and prepare for the end and stock up on things to bartar with like chocolate and whiskey and b o b e and cigs . makeing coffie and superfood juice and gojo berries and eating and drinking them all so i can have godlike energy and then say goodby to a friend who leaves for greese today so i can come home and be sad and think about what i would do if i only had that time machine. join me now as i leed a prayer for the hiker named choco. dear god of food and trail . please make chaco fat. amen. nothing to report here this morn. will check back after coffie and b and see if that makes me wright better.

Chenango
08-11-2008, 08:42
Shared a shelter with Chaco Taco Saturday night. We were at Goddard Shelter in VT. This is about 10 miles north if Rt 9 (Benningotn, VT). He is doing fine!!

d'shadow
08-11-2008, 12:07
Go Chacotaco, Go Chacotaco, Go Chacotaco/Go wak,wak,wak:banana

Johnny Thunder
08-11-2008, 13:47
Live from the Long Trail, Johnny Thunder reports on Guidebook innacuracies...

Thunder: "We've just received word that when the book says, 'trail crosses stream' what it means is 'trail IS a knee-high stream.' As a weatherman of the highest order I've frankly never seen rain like this. It's as if you could swim through it, and though a bit scary, kind of fun once you realize you're not going to die."

I'm in Bennington (unplanned) since it is going to rain for the next 6 days and I wanted to be dry for at least an hour. Hikers coming in behind me who might catch this message should leave word for me at the outfitter. I'd be in for splitting a room.

JT.

PS. Chaco's a chump!

angewrite
08-11-2008, 16:06

Thunder: "We've just received word that when the book says, 'trail crosses stream' what it means is 'trail IS a knee-high stream.' As a weatherman of the highest order I've frankly never seen rain like this. It's as if you could swim through it, and though a bit scary, kind of fun once you realize you're not going to die."

I'm in Bennington (unplanned) since it is going to rain for the next 6 days and I wanted to be dry for at least an hour. Hikers coming in behind me who might catch this message should leave word for me at the outfitter. I'd be in for splitting a room.

JT.

PS. Chaco's a chump!

Welcome to Vermont. You should be glad you're on the "nice" section. See you at Trail Fest. Hopefully you dry out by then. :D

Chaco Taco
08-11-2008, 18:00
JT, whatcha doin? Swimmin?
We are at Green Mountain House in Manchester Center, VT. Just opened and all i can say is WOW! This place is Amazing.
We will be in Rutland, VT for the fest. Good to see everyone is close to us. Mattie, Im calling you tonite.
We are in good spirits despite the rain. Got some great views on Greylock and Glastenbury. Got to the top of Startton in a thunderstorm but climbed the tower anyway and could see the passing storm and the approaching one. It was really cold up top as well. I have been freezing at night because I bounced my 15 bag to Rutland. Yes I know, Im a dumba**. Anyway, leaving out early in teh am to get to, hopefully, the second road crossing to Rutland by Friday or Sat and go to the fest. Mattie, Bobcat, Tank, Jack, Two Beers, all of you, I cant wait to see you guys. We miss everyone, we ahve been in a little bubble of only a couple of hikers. Its been really nice but we miss our little group. See you guys soon.

Chaco Taco
08-11-2008, 18:02

JT.

PS. Chaco's a chump!

Oh Johnny, you came and you gave me a thunderstorm. I miss you ya little pretty boy.
"Ya hikas and ya little footsteps"

wakapak
08-11-2008, 18:59
"oh johnny, you came and you gave me a stream to hike thru..."

we miss you johnny!!! we'll see you at the long trail festival!!

Hey Matty...this ones for you...
"ya hikahs and ya complainin bout watah on the trail. it's a joke. back when i hiked, the rivers were the trail! no joke back then!"

lovin this new hostel in manchester center!! it's awesome!!

warraghiyagey
08-11-2008, 20:30
"oh johnny, you came and you gave me a stream to hike thru..."

we miss you johnny!!! we'll see you at the long trail festival!!

Hey Matty...this ones for you...
"ya hikahs and ya complainin bout watah on the trail. it's a joke. back when i hiked, the rivers were the trail! no joke back then!"

lovin this new hostel in manchester center!! it's awesome!!

Check out Chet's when you get to North Woodstock/Lincoln. One of the great people caring for hikers on the AT.:sun

Chaco Taco
08-11-2008, 22:26
http://www.trailjournals.com/photos.cfm?id=374107

Roots
08-12-2008, 00:03
http://www.trailjournals.com/photos.cfm?id=374107
OMG...2 of the NH boys. How awesome is that. You guys are doing great. Keep up the good hike. Keep up the spirits for each other during all the CRAP weather. We ( Gungho and I) are cheering you on. LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

PS...Tell Hot Flashes and Smiles Davis that Roots said 'Wats up, boys!'

little bear
08-12-2008, 20:27
What up Col and Wak, hope you guys are doing great....think about you two and your great hike often (when im at work and ready to go to the mnt). well have a good time.

LB

seaside
08-13-2008, 09:42
What up Col and Wak, hope you guys are doing great....think about you two and your great hike often (when im at work and ready to go to the mnt). well have a good time.

LB

Little Bear, I hope things are going well for both of you. Can you believe how far along the Trail they are? Very interesting to keep up everyone's experiences. Don't give up the dream!!!

warraghiyagey
08-13-2008, 09:49
johnney thunder stole" that is all" from me. i stole " and so it goes" from linda ellerbee and customized it.

Linda Ellerbee stole 'so it goes' from Kurt Vonnegut - Slaughterhouse 5.;)

mweinstone
08-14-2008, 06:01
ah you little hikas wit cha little novels and ya little authors. ya wanna read ya read the bible. you hikas wit cha little meal plans and your little meals. ya wanna eat ya eat pancakes like men. ya little festivals and yas popcorn. ya wanna feast ya eat swine like dogs. ah ya little hikas wit ch little worlds. ya wanna planet ya go to jupiter. thats a frickin planet. jupiters no joke. it aint no joke that jupiter wit its size an all.

mweinstone
08-14-2008, 06:10
this is the story of how mat made the world . well, the world of hikeing anyway. on a trail far in the past. same trail but different time stryation. when i was 14 15 and 16 i was exsploring the area about the resivior in hamburg near port clinton. this super foxy magic pixy thinggy lady that looked like two beers came out of the wood. suddenly and without much warning at all, we made out like teens. in the morning wakapac and choc said to make a fire cause we had food. the end.

camojack
08-14-2008, 07:17
this is the story of how mat made the world . well, the world of hikeing anyway. on a trail far in the past. same trail but different time stryation. when i was 14 15 and 16 i was exsploring the area about the resivior in hamburg near port clinton. this super foxy magic pixy thinggy lady that looked like two beers came out of the wood. suddenly and without much warning at all, we made out like teens. in the morning wakapac and choc said to make a fire cause we had food. the end.
I love happy endings! :D

StarLyte
08-14-2008, 08:41

LB

Hi Little Bear !

Isn't the Internet great?

Beautiful hiking days are ahead for you Col and Wak !

SPREAD THE LOVE ! :sun

wakapak
08-14-2008, 11:06
Hi Little Bear !

Isn't the Internet great?

Beautiful hiking days are ahead for you Col and Wak !

SPREAD THE LOVE ! :sun

Hey Starlyte!!!

Hey Little Bear!!!

yeah, i hope there are beautiful days ahead...we've really been staying positive thru all this rain, but man it can wear on your spirits after awhile! I'm hopiong this weather breaks for us soon, i mean really, how long can it rain for!?!?

In Rutland now for the festival this weekend...looking forward to seeing many friends this weekend!!! :sun

Chaco Taco
08-14-2008, 11:15
Just for the record, Appalachian Pages sucks!!!!! This book should be removed from shelves. Sorry, ive stood up for this book long enough. I know you will say, you should call first before sending something to a place but when a place has been shut down for 3 years or even a year, ***??? Crap I tell you CRAP!!! Dont even get me started on the mileage!!

In Rutland, VT at the 12 tribes place. Awesome place by the way. Taking a much needed break from the mud and rain. Hope everyone is well.

wakapak
08-14-2008, 11:27
ummm, yeah, i know the pages is in it's first year and all, and like CC just said, i know we can call and check on things, but seriously, when places are closed down for that long, ya would think the guidebooks would know, it's not like these places just closed. we just got a little messed up with bouncing some much needed gear somewhere that apparently has been closed for over a year. thankfully though, it was returned to my parents house and now they are overniting it to us....

anyway, my time on the computer is about up...can't wait to see familiar faces this weekend!! much love to everyone!! :D

mweinstone
08-14-2008, 15:47
cant belive you joined 12 t. wow. thats different. okay. so,....i guess the dreads are gone. just asked my boss if i could resume hikeing to maine from rutland as was agreed on 6 months ago. i was obligated to return for two weeks if needed. that was his offer las winter. then i could finish hikeing. well, god will strike this manlord down or fill him with giveing. but im not able to just do what i want. not yet.max is settled and i have the money but not the ball girth.maby ill get drunk and screw the world and hike. but prolly ill do the festival and return home to die of the stench of wet steaming trash in the city. hmmmmm.liveing in a world of mostly dishonest freaks is cool. im actually allright with it. (matthewski loads extra whisky into pack) mostly i dream of clowns. horribly disfigured ones. right now im going to cruise the homeless and see who needs my bumsock. thats right i said bumsock. its a sock that has lost its mate and is filled with change that has lost itys quarters. hey, need em for the air machine. im on a bike here.

trailangelmary
08-15-2008, 09:53
Have a great time in Rutland. Sorry I'm missing it.

wakapak
08-15-2008, 10:10
Have a great time in Rutland. Sorry I'm missing it.

Bummer Mary, we were wondering if you were coming!!! Guess we'll just have to see you at the next event!!

Johnny Thunder
08-15-2008, 10:22
Ever notice how "Chaco" and "Chicken Sandwich" contain some of the same letters? Coincidence? I think not.

wakapak
08-15-2008, 10:24
Ever notice how "Chaco" and "Chicken Sandwich" contain some of the same letters? Coincidence? I think not.

ummm....i could think of so many comments to say back, but i think i'll actually keep quiet on this one Johnny....i wonder about you sometimes man!

trailangelmary
08-15-2008, 14:23
Bummer Mary, we were wondering if you were coming!!! Guess we'll just have to see you at the next event!!

Yeah, I am bummed out about it. I was hoping to be there but things didn't work out. Please say Hi to all the 08ers I know. Love and best wishes.

Hugs Hugs and more hugs

d'shadow
08-16-2008, 04:52
yeah, i hope there are beautiful days ahead...we've really been staying positive thru all this rain, but man it can wear on your spirits after awhile! I'm hopiong this weather breaks for us soon, i mean really, how long can it rain for!?!?

In Rutland now for the festival this weekend...looking forward to seeing many friends this weekend!!! :sun[/quote]

I see a bright, beautiful, sunny day in which you and Chacotaco stand on top of Katahdyn with bright smiles.:D

mweinstone
08-19-2008, 07:00
.......sudenly wakapack reached over and we were kissing........chaco slept like a baby that knight. ive been with most of my boys ladys. its how i roll. anyway. she is good.

mweinstone
08-19-2008, 07:05
kidding. chaco dont take kindly to that sort of play. he likes it when i rub his feet. im gonna take darcy away swami though. shes so cool. howd yall like to wake up with that?! excellent. i mean swami of course. kidding again. i actualy am a backosexual. i have sex only back in my dreams. never live like you all do. what?

mweinstone
08-19-2008, 07:13
dear god. i want a chick like bearpaw for christmas or even as a light snack. but ill need her by tuesday. wait ,..thats today. common god,...you can do this.

mweinstone
08-19-2008, 08:51
... it aint no joke. no frikkin joke at all. plutos a joke. plutos a frikkin joke. peein aint no frikkin joke.

Chaco Taco
08-20-2008, 18:27
Some one went picture crazy. Anyway, in West Hartford, VT for the night. Beautiful day today, one of the best. The Lookout was fantastic. Saw a crazy sunrise. anyway, on to Hanover, Jack we should be there around lunch time.
Love you all

Chaco Taco
08-21-2008, 16:46
Hanover, New Hampshire with Baltimore Jack. Yes Jack does live in the woods in a cave. It is a wicked spot! Trying to get rid of my second round of poison oak!!!! Almost had disaster when it crept close to my, well use your imagination.

Bearpaw88
08-21-2008, 17:05
dear god. i want a chick like bearpaw for christmas or even as a light snack. but ill need her by tuesday. wait ,..thats today. common god,...you can do this.

Well it's thursday and I don't think I can be wrapped up and shipped that fast. Sorry Matty. :D

StarLyte
08-22-2008, 06:13
Hello there!

I'm so happy for you!!!

Have fun in Hanover. Jack's good company. :sun

mweinstone
08-23-2008, 05:09
ah ya hikas wit ya dancin breakfasts. ya want food ya eat chocolate syrup!

mweinstone
08-23-2008, 05:23
we need contravercy.im gonna start a rumor. in other news, tank is in an upcomming caveman commercial for geiko

Chaco Taco
08-23-2008, 11:45
Still in Hanover! Slackin today and slackin it really hard too, 9 miles,whoohoooo.
Really like Hanover, may move here!

Jack Tarlin
08-23-2008, 11:46
Lock up your daughters....

Johnny Thunder
08-23-2008, 11:46
Lock up YOUR daughter.

jessicacomp
08-24-2008, 09:32
my first night back from having just been in Hanover, I just slept for 14 hours and by all means could have slept longer.
What a lovely town and visit...Chaco looks more lke a colonel everyday, Wak's hair is awesome, Jack's daughter wears black just like him and that is all for now.

Jack Tarlin
08-24-2008, 15:17
Bfitz just got the guys back on track a few hours ago; Chaco, Wak, and Johnny T have been wonderful guests the past few days and I'm sorry to see them go, but it's a beautiful hiking day, and anyway, we'll see 'em again in a few days in Glencliff.

mweinstone
08-25-2008, 06:52
the stench of my jelosy can be heard dropping turds on trails of broken dreams up and down this coast o fools. my aching heartfelt wonderlustful contempt is lurking at the side door of your love. each mouthfull of bacon sadens my allready porkloined gut to hang below the floor in horror. and swept are the winds of cheese across the very boundrys of candy and space. onto a stepland of sheik lovelyness and wacs hand in mine. together. together my snacks. we hike on.

mweinstone
08-25-2008, 06:58
when alltogether the dew becomes the woman the mountain has waited for . where peat meets sugar. and pains of grape glass looking out to a veiw for the ages. an all the whilst, johnney thunder, wakapack, and chaco, with neither marsh nor mallo, become.

mweinstone
08-25-2008, 07:03
yonder go swiftly then. to home atop her breast. that wence be katadhin and even more. so much greed now. to touch the very nipple.

mweinstone
08-25-2008, 07:06
poetry like tjis, combined with art like mine, equals hiking with friends of such calibre, as to blow the very lid off billions of barrels of monkeys. and still to fun will you owe. the debt is paid. the gift given. this is gods hour. for a good time, hike with him.

jessicacomp
08-25-2008, 13:08
i wonder if i could pull off coming to maine when you guys finish your hike. it would be a drive but it would be totally awesome.

mweinstone
08-26-2008, 05:44
my love for two beers grows with each new pack black diamond makes. what? if i had two beers i prolly would be drunk.

mweinstone
08-26-2008, 06:44
no! dont! stop! dont go to maine. never. just trust me. something horrible will happen if you do. bin their done that. me and luke on the last days of his hike. i went to join him to " finnish " with him. big mistake. let them finnish alone. or meet them after. because you would never be able to keep up. their battle hardened bodys combined with their elevated morale and motovation and espri de core and all that on the last miles they would tear you or me to shreads with our ice cream bloated bodys and our city lazyness. no one keeps up . you would be running .and you would be luggage.

mweinstone
08-26-2008, 07:05
my tru avatar flys for the real hikers . exsposed , im less than lard. in shame, i go to to work. johnney choc and wak are gods. fearfull hikeing gods to be feared. step aside all ye who pass near flames of sole. ye walk on atoms of all who befored. and when the gum of not doth stick,(zeros) be glad and swim. if the bagle bites, bite back. and when the eagle of broke circleth above your head swollen with text, confuse thee not. katadhins calm peak apeer. now feast on wine and grape. bring cheese and bread and salsa and chips. beware the honey mustard onion. her death is in the morning. go now. the talking tree will see you.

jessicacomp
08-26-2008, 09:25
i wouldnt go to hike, i'd go to party with them aftewards and help deliver to them to whatever modes of transportation they are taking to return to their respective homes. anyway, i love you too matt, and i'm not sure that my love for you could grow anymore than what it already is.

Chaco Taco
08-26-2008, 14:06
We are the Hikers Welcome in Glencliffe. Saw Mousilake (sp) this morning. Weather is lookin great. May hit some crap before Franconia so we will just stay at Chet's til it passes. Not missin Franconia! Its allgood here. Mattie I need Matthewski carepackage, haha. Anyway, life is great!

Wonder
08-26-2008, 14:11
Hope you're having fun! Please tell Phat Chap and all that I said hi....oh, and give him my new number if you could..............hike on bro!

d'shadow
08-26-2008, 14:47
We are the Hikers Welcome in Glencliffe. Saw Mousilake (sp) this morning. Weather is lookin great. May hit some crap before Franconia so we will just stay at Chet's til it passes. Not missin Franconia! Its allgood here. Mattie I need Matthewski carepackage, haha. Anyway, life is great!

You might want to keep moving since the weather is still clear in Maine.
The rest of the east coast has rain from a tropical storm and Hurricane Gustav is on the way, although we do not know at this time whether or not it will work its way up the east coast. Glad to know all is well. Happy trails.

mweinstone
08-27-2008, 07:10
slackers. i can smell em. the stench of speed and distance. do some slackin. or smell my feet. either way your in for a treet. be their day , nay the morrow,....who cares if you run out of *o** there is only sorrow. heres why im great,.......................i know wac. heres why i eat good. i know choc. heres why i hike fast. i know johnney thunder. heres why im retarded. cause i am. heres why im great.

Chaco Taco
08-27-2008, 07:11
Im in no hurry to finish this thing. Ill wait out what I have to so I can see it all:banana

wakapak
08-27-2008, 08:05
Im in no hurry to finish this thing. Ill wait out what I have to so I can see it all:banana

heck yeah! i like that attitude....its not worth being up on these open ridges of NH in rainstorms and all, i'll tell ya that! forecast looks like a beautiful week with rain only on sat, so we'll probably be sittin that day out, otherwise that, it's all on!!!

looking forward to getting our butts on top of Moosilauke today!! WOOHOO!!! :D

trailangelmary
08-27-2008, 09:00
Go Wak, Go Chaco, Go Johnny Thunder, Go Shua, Go Baracus, Go Bear Bait, Go Useless, Go Atreau and all the other 08ers I have met this year!! Enjoy those views. Make the most of every moment. Love to all from Duncannon.

Johnny Thunder
08-27-2008, 15:38
Team ChacoPak,

I must regretfully inform you that I'll be slightly delayed in catching you. The final solution to my tent problem was to get a loner from Henry. It'll get here Friday/Saturday. I'll be hiking then.

Love,

Johnny

Jim Adams
08-27-2008, 16:04
Definitely wait for good views!!!!!!!!! You walked there from Georgia. Don't get stupid and say oh well it's foggy maybe tomorrow. I waited for 3 days in Roan High Mountain Shelter for clear weather over the balds in 2002 because I knew what they looked like in 1990. It is ALWAYS worth the wait!!!!! It doesn't matter whether you finish in september or october or 2009...wait for the views especially in N.H. and Maine.
You guys rock! Do you need another bottle of Jack for your summit bid????

geek

trailangelmary
08-28-2008, 04:05
Sorry Chaco I am going to steal your thread for a moment. Hey Johnny Thunder. Glad to see a post by you. I was wondering where you were at. I hope you are still having a blast. Knowing you, I know you are, despite tent problems that I am gathering from you. Getting a fix on the action movies lately? I noticed when you were in Duncannon that was a major goal of yours. Glad I could help. I loved it when you applauded the movie you chose from my library.
Secondly, Hi Geek. How ya doin'? See you sometime soon I hope. Hope life is treating you well.
And to all the o8ers, ditto on Geek's advice. If you can, wait for the views!
Love to all,
Mary

mweinstone
08-28-2008, 06:36
beautiful sunrise this morn. they sprayed the deleware valley with bug crap from planes last night. i think of you all oft . in your little clean world. im in germ world. you have a trail , i have asphalt. trees for them i think. poles for me. stars, lights. tents, tennents. friends and fire and food. feinds, farses and felons. in a world gone crazy,...no cake for you! my son max moves into his dorm at rutgers today and starts classes the 3rd. darfore suffers. this post is of opposites. for a good thing, a bad thing. a stream. of conciousness,...? or pee. wholewheat pancakes coffie carrot juice and water cushion the hardness. somehow you hike. somehow others die. world without end? me thinks not. the j man commeth.

mweinstone
08-28-2008, 06:42
all i have is my rutland band. a reminder of all our love. my hear heals with every step you guys take. ill never take it off. got yours?

Jim Adams
08-28-2008, 09:20
Matty, you rock! Everyday you take absolutely normal, mundane situations and make them into adventures! Can't wait to read tomorrows.

geek

jessicacomp
08-28-2008, 17:55
so i am going to call you soon, chacopak and jt, because i decided that i dont want to stop stalking you. i want to see how practical it would be to come to monson, me just for a night. i'm going to ponder over the possibilities of this and you guys can let me know if you have any clue around when you will be there so i can make sure i am not working.

mweinstone
08-29-2008, 07:06
the dude is here on my floor. he says high beery. thats one of your knicknames. i can also call you nearbeers. nobeers and twice brewed. i usually start my day by inserting two beers image into my mind. its like a filter. if i see the world thru an image of her, its roseyer.

mweinstone
08-29-2008, 07:14
dear lord, please please please grant me my prayer of being the worlds most famouse artist so i can use the money to endow the trail forever. thruhiking really should be free you know. and may i please add to my usuall prayer one thing. to be alowed to give chaco and wak a house. i want it to be a candy house. like in hansel and grettel.

wakapak
09-02-2008, 16:20
you guys all make me laugh and smile, thanks so much for that!!

So i am in Gorham NH, totally unexpectedly today. we got down to Crawford Notch right before heading the Presidentails and i was exhausted and believe it or not, not wanting to hike those high peaks, so i caught a ride here to Gorham while Chaco is out hiking over the Pressies. he was headed for Lakes of the clouds Hut to do a work for stay, and then he said down to Pinkham Notch tomorrow evening.

i'm sure some people will never understand why i didnt hike the Pressies this time, but that doesnt matter to me. I'm realizing alot about myself out here, especially the past few days thru the Whites, which by the way on a side note, are kicking my arse this year!! All i can say is don't judge anyone until you can maybe walk in their shoes for a bit....that's one lesson i've definitley re-learned out here!

love you all!!

d'shadow
09-02-2008, 16:27
wak, sorry to hear you are off the trail for the moment, hope you are planning to return. Give yourself credit, not many can claim 5,000 miles on the AT.
As for the Chacotaco, keep going, you are almost there!!!!! And, have some fun!

Bearpaw88
09-02-2008, 16:32
Hey Waka and Chaco,

Waka don't worry about hiking the whites this time. YOU ROCK and thats all that matters.
I hope you both have a great time the rest of your hike. Maybe I'll see you when your done.

I am sending you guys a great big bear hug.

-Bearpaw

Roots
09-02-2008, 17:17
Hey Wakapak!!!! You are super hiker girl!!! DO NOT feel guilt for not hiking the Whites. My God you've done so much you should be proud of. I feel a 'I'M NOT WORTHY' coming on. Hang in there and take a hike when you feel you're ready. Tell Chaco I said "YOU GO BIG SEXY!!!!" :D

wakapak
09-03-2008, 10:21
Thanks everyone!! I talked to Chaco this morning from atop Mt. Washington, he was up there for the sunrise!!! Plan is to meet up tonite in Gorham here and then go back to Pinkham Notch and finish up the Whites, come thru Gorham again (the 'real' way, haha!) and then head on into Maine!!!

Feeling alot better today and really looking forward to hiking Maine!! i remember it being my favorite part in '02, so i'm excited for it!!

Yukon
09-03-2008, 12:02
you guys all make me laugh and smile, thanks so much for that!!

So i am in Gorham NH, totally unexpectedly today. we got down to Crawford Notch right before heading the Presidentails and i was exhausted and believe it or not, not wanting to hike those high peaks, so i caught a ride here to Gorham while Chaco is out hiking over the Pressies. he was headed for Lakes of the clouds Hut to do a work for stay, and then he said down to Pinkham Notch tomorrow evening.

i'm sure some people will never understand why i didnt hike the Pressies this time, but that doesnt matter to me. I'm realizing alot about myself out here, especially the past few days thru the Whites, which by the way on a side note, are kicking my arse this year!! All i can say is don't judge anyone until you can maybe walk in their shoes for a bit....that's one lesson i've definitley re-learned out here!

love you all!!

Hey I was in Gorham Monday and yesterday, had dinner at a place called J's, right next to the motel I stayed at, the Top Notch Inn. There was a few thru hikers in there, but I didn't catch their names...you weren't one of them eh? :)

Kirby
09-03-2008, 21:25
Tell him to keep in touch. If it looks like he will summit on a weekday, I'd love to climb Katahdin again. While I can't miss work, I can easily miss school for a day or two.

Kirby

mweinstone
09-04-2008, 06:38
allow me to demonstrate
wacapack is a hikeing doll.
chacotaco is one too.
ill play with them tommorow.
out on the old at.
when chaco gets dirty, i pretend wacapack is washing him.
later i may go to the doll store and get more outfits.
the one with the pink dots for wacapack i think.
and maby a sword for chacotaco.
dolls arent toys.

mweinstone
09-07-2008, 07:45
it was a sunny, warm and still morning when mr chaco drove mrs chaco to the hospitol to give birth to young taco. he dazzeled the nurses and put twinkles in the doctors eyes. in the next delivery room mr and mrs pack were haveing their beautiful baby girl and called her wac. suddenly and without warning, the meteor from outer space crashed into the hospitol tearing the wall down that devided the rooms while simultainiously exsposing the newborn infants to the green rays of the mattonian sun. the babys had abilitys now. and the four parents swore to keep their childrens secret safe and not to let the media find out about the now super human babies. most of their teenage years were spent working to develope their super powers in super secret forts made on the appalachian trail. the main fort being their fortress of the north where most of their initial kissing began. holding hands followed and finnaly, babies. the end.

little bear
09-07-2008, 16:45
O Col....where are you.............hope all is well with ya, and Wak. Hope you guys didnt get any bad weather out of the Tropical Storm. Call me sometime. and remember when you get to Maine if you need anything call me....cause that is where my people are.

LB

wakapak
09-08-2008, 20:03
hey all....so i am writing from home tonite...after a few days off in Gorham (after hiking from Pinkham to Gorham with Chaco) i decided to get off the trail due to not wanting to hike everyday anymore. It was a really tough decision, but i have been so physically tired lately that it was a good decision. Chaco hiked out of Gorham today heading towards Maine. Everything is absolutely fine between us, i'm just a little burnt out with the hiking is all. I'll definitely post updates here when I hear from him!

Kirby
09-08-2008, 20:32
He's looking at an early October finish.

Kirby

mweinstone
09-09-2008, 07:42
sudenly and without warning wacapac disrobed. i mean left the trail. chaco followed with his usuall dance he does right before they do it. i mean chaco kept walking? and all the wilst, their unborn infant grows inside of her. i mean, everythings fine? so the people of traildom dug two graves on the flanks of katadhin. i mean , yo chaco, you gonna go girly on us? then the skys opened and a killing hail killed everyone. i ment, hows the sleeping alone?

mweinstone
09-09-2008, 07:50
wacapack ,...i forgive you. but johnney dont. hes mad and i wouldnt be around him just now. let him cool off. oh,...and chaco has a new tentmate. baltimore jack tarlins movin in to your old spot. seems he and chaco really love each other. chaco says he likes to snuggle with jack and pretend its you. how sweet.he says jacks growing dreadlocks to comfort chaco more. and if you like being home resting so much,...why dont you go get even more tired on the trail so your rest will be better.i take back my forgiveness. it was just an icebreaker. ill never forgive you.

xoxoxoxoxmatty

wakapak
09-09-2008, 08:39
oh matty, i know youll forgive me! and what's this about johnny thunder needing time to cool off?? i call bs on you!! and i dont even want to have the image of jack and chaco sharing a tent...hahahhaaa!!!

i'm thinking of seeing how probable it is for me to drive up to Monson around when he's gonna be there and hike the last 100 miles with him and whoever else is with them. i'd then need to get a ride from baxter/millinocket area back to monson to get my car so we can start the journey of "after trail life".

and yes Kirby, it looks like an early October finish, that's what we had in mind for quite awhile anyway...who knows though, he could be done the very end of Sept...

Jim Adams
09-09-2008, 11:16
oh matty, i know youll forgive me! and what's this about johnny thunder needing time to cool off?? i call bs on you!! and i dont even want to have the image of jack and chaco sharing a tent...hahahhaaa!!!

i'm thinking of seeing how probable it is for me to drive up to Monson around when he's gonna be there and hike the last 100 miles with him and whoever else is with them. i'd then need to get a ride from baxter/millinocket area back to monson to get my car so we can start the journey of "after trail life".

and yes Kirby, it looks like an early October finish, that's what we had in mind for quite awhile anyway...who knows though, he could be done the very end of Sept...

Very cool Wak!
Tell him I said hi and call if you need anything. Do you still want the care package for Monson?

geek

wakapak
09-09-2008, 11:23
Very cool Wak!
Tell him I said hi and call if you need anything. Do you still want the care package for Monson?

geek

thanks Geek!! yeah, i'm gonna say go ahead and send it, just a small one, and if i dont end up hiking the 100 mile, i'll at least meet up with at Baxter at the end, so i can get it for then!!

Enjoy your canoe trip!!!! :sun

Jack Tarlin
09-09-2008, 15:11
Wak:

Get in touch re. your travel and post-trip plans; stop be here if you can.

And not to worry about Matty's comments.

I am not presently available.

wakapak
09-09-2008, 15:15
Wak:

Get in touch re. your travel and post-trip plans; stop be here if you can.

And not to worry about Matty's comments.

I am not presently available.

haha! i never worry about matty's comments! :rolleyes:

we'll definitly be in touch about travel and post-trip plans.

hope all's well in Hanover!

Tin Man
09-09-2008, 16:33
I am confused. Who is doing what with whom here? :confused: :o

Never mind, I really don't want to know, for sure. ;)

mweinstone
09-10-2008, 05:57
if i had one wish it would be for baltimore jack tarlin to be 100 feet tall. and for him to have a blue ox. and he would go around doing trail magic alot for thruhikers. kind of like what he does now, but with him being taller.

mweinstone
09-10-2008, 06:00
johnney thunder is gay. so am i. so is chaco. and wac. and chacos dad. were all gay. you would be gay too if you were part of this happy happy thread family we like to call the wheres chaco gang.

Bearpaw88
09-10-2008, 14:32
Hey Waka,
Like I said you rock and that is all that matters! It would be great if you could stop back here! Come in for coffee and we can talk @#$% about Matty.
:) Just kidding.
Bearpaw

wakapak
09-10-2008, 14:38
Hey Waka,
Like I said you rock and that is all that matters! It would be great if you could stop back here! Come in for coffee and we can talk @#$% about Matty.
:) Just kidding.
Bearpaw

LOL!! thanks Bearpaw!! now i'm trying to get my arse back to the trail and finish up with him...trying to see if anyone can get me from Monson to Stratton possibly after the Trail's End Fest this weekend, as i think i have a ride up to Monson. If that doesn't work, i guess i can always call a hostel and see if i can leave my car somewhere for a few weeks until we're done and then somehow get back to it...i just can't sit around here for too long wondering how the hike is going and all!! i miss him tons!

Jack Tarlin
09-10-2008, 14:40
Leave your car at Shaw's and then get back to it after you summit. It's a pretty straightforward hitch back to Monson from Millinocket.

And then we'll see you here!

wakapak
09-10-2008, 14:42
Leave your car at Shaw's and then get back to it after you summit. It's a pretty straightforward hitch back to Monson from Millinocket.

And then we'll see you here!

yeah, that's my back up plan, but i was gonna try to get to Stratton and get on with him there...just gotta find a way from Monson to Stratton is all...i put up a request on the ride board, but havent heard from anyone yet...

wakapak
09-11-2008, 15:39
I'm getting ansty and restless!!! :p :D

i pretty much have it set to get back up there...only part i'm waiting on is hearing from the man himself!!! i know it's only been 4 days, but good lord it feels like forever!!! :o :D

wakapak
09-11-2008, 19:58
heard from Chaco quickly, but he's gonna call me back in a bit!!

He's in Andover Maine!! yay!! :D

and it's all working out to meet back up with him...i may actually get back on in Rangeley, we'll figure it out once he calls back!!

wakapak
09-11-2008, 20:41
so yeah, he's in Andover tonite, planning on heading out tomorrow and our plan is to meet up on Sunday in Rangeley, hopefully at the RIff-Raff place.

now i just gotta get myself from Stratton to Rangeley on Sunday!!

Chaco, i miss you tons and can't wait to see you and be back out there with yoU!!

wakapak
09-11-2008, 21:58
looks like i have a ride from stratton to rangeley with one of the riff-raff group!! i should be there sunday evening!!

Chaco Taco
09-11-2008, 22:01
OK OK Im here folks.
Mattie, have you taken your meds? Dont answer that.
Thunder, where the hell are you these days.
SOOO, yes Im in Andover. The hike outta Gorham was cool til the next day, when it rained. Another instance of thunder and lightening when I touched a border sign. I stayed at Carlo Col after doing 5.2 miles. Maine is kicking my ass. Im dropping weight like a NOBO at Neels Gap right now. i think I have it under control. Im going a little stir crazy sitting on this computer but alas, my fans must be answered, just kidding.

Wak is BACK!!!! Cant wait to see you baby. My tent is oh so lonely without you.
Geek bring that #%*& on!
Mattie, thanks for the package.
JAck, we will not be residing in Hanover anymore.
Bearpaw, I miss ya girl. How is the Dirt life??
Dad (Seaside), pick up your phone man!:D

wakapak
09-12-2008, 10:25
Chaco called me again early this morning before leaving Andover, he was outside the diner waiting on his steak and egg breakfast!!!

He should be in Rangeley on Sunday, and that's where we are meeting up that nite!! YAY!!!!

camojack
09-12-2008, 14:26
Chaco called me again early this morning before leaving Andover, he was outside the diner waiting on his steak and egg breakfast!!!
He should be in Rangeley on Sunday, and that's where we are meeting up that nite!! YAY!!!!
Mmmm...steak and egg breakfast. I try to have one o' those every Sunday... :)

Tin Man
09-12-2008, 14:35
Mmmm...steak and egg breakfast. I try to have one o' those every Sunday... :)

When did you say you were going hiking again? :)

Chaco Taco
09-12-2008, 15:33
Back in Andover, ME. We hit Hall, Wyman and Moody before the rain and came back in. Cant wait for Old Blue and the Bemis Range. Looks like fun. Rangeley on Sunday. Saw a huge Bull Moose plow over some trees this morning. Man he was a big sucker. Huge rack on him too. The moose has really amazed me. I think they are so cool. Never seen one before a couple of days ago. Havin a blast and really am not ready for this to be over. Maine is so wonderful!!!! The leaves are changin and colorizing the forest floor. I know you like that word, colorizing!

Panzer1
09-12-2008, 16:28

What, no bacon...:):)

Panzer

camojack
09-12-2008, 16:31
When did you say you were going hiking again? :)
I didn't say. I'll have to think about that one. :-?

I'm supposed to be helping with a trailhead clean-up near Port Clinton on October 4th, though.

Other than that, I'll be doing some hiking in Costa Rica for Thanksgiving Week, and hiking along the Na Pali Coast on Kauai in January...

Chaco Taco
09-12-2008, 17:07
So Johnny Thunder crawled in to Andover and is already driving me insane.

wakapak
09-12-2008, 17:47
So Johnny Thunder crawled in to Andover and is already driving me insane.

LOL!!! don't go too insane before i get to you!!! :D :sun

Chaco Taco
09-12-2008, 19:19
Love how Johnny thinks he is funnier than he actually is. His combover is a mess. He is really antsy about his poor hair. Johnny Metro!!!!

Kirby
09-12-2008, 20:57
Make it to Katahdin.

Old Blue sucks by the way, a never ending beast IMO.

Kirby

Johnny Thunder
09-12-2008, 23:23
Love how Johnny thinks he is funnier than he actually is. His combover is a mess. He is really antsy about his poor hair. Johnny Metro!!!!

Just for that I set up Chaco's tent...then peed on it...and put it back in his pack. All while he sang bad Widespread Panic lyrics (off-key) and watched "Spies Like Us."

Chaco Taco
09-13-2008, 06:44
You have just earned yourself a DOUBLE DRAGON!! Then Im going to sick the 12 tribes on you! You will be converted in no time

seaside
09-13-2008, 13:26
You have just earned yourself a DOUBLE DRAGON!! Then Im going to sick the 12 tribes on you! You will be converted in no time

You folks are sick, sick, sick. Must be the trail dust.:cool:

seaside
09-13-2008, 13:28
Back in Andover, ME. We hit Hall, Wyman and Moody before the rain and came back in. Cant wait for Old Blue and the Bemis Range. Looks like fun. Rangeley on Sunday. Saw a huge Bull Moose plow over some trees this morning. Man he was a big sucker. Huge rack on him too. The moose has really amazed me. I think they are so cool. Never seen one before a couple of days ago. Havin a blast and really am not ready for this to be over. Maine is so wonderful!!!! The leaves are changin and colorizing the forest floor. I know you like that word, colorizing!

That's my boy!!!:cool:

Bearpaw88
09-13-2008, 13:52
This thread is one of the most entertaining parts of my week.

Waka, glad you got a ride and are back. Chaco, I am glad your enjoying Maine and don't want the hike to end. Best of luck to you both.

You'll have to pull a really good prank on Johnny if he's pissing you off that much. I'll PM you a good one :D

FYI the Dirt life is good

mweinstone
09-14-2008, 07:48
the united states of america
the appalation trail
the state of maine
the humans known as choc and jt
the thaught burnning in their heatbrains
eye buldge noted and plotted at 12%
salivatory gland reactors functional and reacting
perk of ear is demonstrated
step increase
jettison dramapack and deploy gameface
front wheel touchdown at zero hours
all pain receptors at full on and steady
their is a 34% increace in detectable fun particals and a coefficeient food increase
we have bacon on the monitor sir. would you speak with him?

choc and jt!stop. congrats on reaching mayo. stop.spreadability studys show a go for slopes of k. stop. colestoral down. stop. may send extra bread if you request . stop. lettuce rejoice you big fat hikas you!

mweinstone
09-14-2008, 08:09
when in the course of astrophysics , it becomes nessesary, to pick up and bear arms against baconlessness, johnney thunder and choco taco are two such statesmen who do that. in accordance with the silly act of this morning, i will now demonstrate going over niagra falls in a barrel. furthermore their will be bacon and then a short bacon intermission followed by a one on one talk with famouse strips of bacon and finnaly a bacon interlude and bacondance.

mweinstone
09-15-2008, 07:09
every couple a thousand centurys the universe produces a choco and wacapack for the exspressed pourpose of correcting universal inbalence caused by the oft birthing of matthewski types and their subsiquent messing up of things.

mweinstone
09-15-2008, 07:18
hi. lets discuss johnney thunders reasoning and his speech hes prepareing to give atop big k .
my name is john. i walked here from georgia. matthewski couldnt be here so i came in his place./ im not here for myself rather for mat. thank you all very much.

mweinstone
09-15-2008, 07:21
heres chocos stupider than thou speech hes workin on. dont worry. ill get him help.

dad? i wanna be a tank wipe. teach me everything you know about propaine.

mweinstone
09-15-2008, 07:28
and finnaly let us examine the inner thaughts of wacapack as she stands on katadhin.

im cold. chocos so cute. wow johnneys done!

mweinstone
09-15-2008, 07:54
matthewskis recepie for hikeing in maine.

act dont react when you drink moxi boys. its only soda.
pretend your from canada and this is south for you all.
talk about lobster as little as humanly possable.
wear plad.

did i mention the word of the day?
early onslaught bacon.
okay words.
sudden bacon syndone.
bacon slurry
totally bacon landscape.
bacon so bacony. kings bow.
bacon well educated. doctorial of bacon.
bacon in my eye.
bacon balls
bacon squares
bacon dots
bacon designer drugs
bacon takeover.
bacon thread hyjackers.
baconsexy

mweinstone
09-16-2008, 06:20
this is it! the world is finaly going to correct itself and turn into a hiker based sociaty! yeah! what ive been waiting for with baited breath so bad, tuna wont come near me. what? the economy has had enough of our play. were dead . stocks crash is the first step. i told you all this was the last thruhike. goddmorning.

wakapak
09-17-2008, 19:44
hey all! in stratton maine tonite!! it's GREAT to be back on the trail by the way! weather has been wonderful the past few days and looks great for the next few!!

i must say, this thread is definitely most interesting and entertaining to read!!

Bearpaw, glad the Dirt life is good!! i miss that coffeee!!!!!!!! Hope you are enjoying the rest!!

Matty...you're so weird, but that's why we love ya!!!! nice examination of my inner thoughts on top of Katahdin by the way! hahahahaha!!!!

Chaco Taco
09-17-2008, 20:42
Everytime I read one of Matties responses, the song The Monkies starts playing in my head.
Just inhaled some grease from the bar and am watching old Family Guy episodes listening to everyone bitch and complain about other hikers. It gets so old. No worries, Johnny and I are still in love, sorry Wak. Nah, he really did a number the other night when he built a fire and cooked a ribeye. It was hard beating the crap out of him because he wont defend himself. Johnny is with others on the Bigs tonite. We should catch him at Caratunk.
Mattie be prepared for a visit a week after we summit. We are coming to Philly!
Dad got everything taken care of with the shoes.
Time to sleep. Goodnight everyone, I miss you all!!!:sun

camojack
09-18-2008, 01:02
Everytime I read one of Matties responses, the song The Monkies starts playing in my head.
Just inhaled some grease from the bar and am watching old Family Guy episodes listening to everyone bitch and complain about other hikers. It gets so old. No worries, Johnny and I are still in love, sorry Wak. Nah, he really did a number the other night when he built a fire and cooked a ribeye. It was hard beating the crap out of him because he wont defend himself. Johnny is with others on the Bigs tonite. We should catch him at Caratunk.
Mattie be prepared for a visit a week after we summit. We are coming to Philly!
Dad got everything taken care of with the shoes.
Time to sleep. Goodnight everyone, I miss you all!!!:sun
See if you can swing by the Philly 'burbs, if you do come to Philly.

Cheesesteaks and Yuengling are on me... :)

mweinstone
09-18-2008, 06:40
let me, dear johnney and choc and my sweet wakstriss, asplains a few tings. your seemingly innocent friend matthewski, code named " red sniper" is in fact a diabolical and integeral part of the key to the matrix of this foolish existance. without my two cents, worlds collide. im like the key man in the matrix movie. well maby more like a weirdo on exspresso but in any event that requires wipeing your ass with your hand, im tops. you see children, the worls ending and part of that will mean no more toilet paper. listen closely ms. ans so, i will be comfortable and you will be sad. i actualy dont even use soap. hows breakfast?

Chaco Taco
09-18-2008, 07:36
See if you can swing by the Philly 'burbs, if you do come to Philly.

Cheesesteaks and Yuengling are on me... :)

You are on my friend!!! Ill PM Waks number when we finish so we can make some plans with everyone. You are the man Camo!

Chaco Taco
09-18-2008, 07:38
let me, dear johnney and choc and my sweet wakstriss, asplains a few tings. your seemingly innocent friend matthewski, code named " red sniper" is in fact a diabolical and integeral part of the key to the matrix of this foolish existance. without my two cents, worlds collide. im like the key man in the matrix movie. well maby more like a weirdo on exspresso but in any event that requires wipeing your ass with your hand, im tops. you see children, the worls ending and part of that will mean no more toilet paper. listen closely ms. ans so, i will be comfortable and you will be sad. i actualy dont even use soap. hows breakfast?

Oh yea, the guy we make fun of "Ya hikas and ya little footsteps" dude. Well his name is Rainbow Six. Just thought you'd wanna know.

Chaco Taco
09-18-2008, 07:49
Some of you may remember this from NC. Thanks Mudslide!

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=45977394&albumID=2149338&imageID=44731704

Roots
09-18-2008, 10:11
Some of you may remember this from NC. Thanks Mudslide!

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=45977394&albumID=2149338&imageID=44731704

HEY SEXY CHACO TACO!!! Thanks for the flashback with that pic. I have a couple of the same thing in my photo page on trailjournal.

YOU'VE MADE IT!!!! Proud of you and new you could do it!! When are you starting next year. I'll see you on Springer. ;):):sun

Bearpaw88
09-18-2008, 12:39
This is just a general cheer for morale. Even though you don't seem to need it right now...

:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana: banana:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana

p.s. I love the little dancing bananas

Just Jack
09-18-2008, 16:59
Hey johnny thunder, chaco, and waka--Congratulations on almost being finished but
mostly congrats for having so much fun. You've done awesom--hope to see you up the trail. We'll have to see to it that you become the face of the AT on all the posters.

Jason of the Woods
09-18-2008, 17:33
Go Guys! You're almost there. I'm right behind you sectioning it off. I get bored easy and like to jump trails...

camojack
09-19-2008, 00:26
You are on my friend!!! Ill PM Waks number when we finish so we can make some plans with everyone. You are the man Camo!
If you forget the PM, Matthewski has my phone numbers, and has been to La Casa de Camo* a number of times... :)

*My rambling estate.

mweinstone
09-19-2008, 05:50
no cammo! they stay with me. casa de cammo will be sacraficed to provide the jet. your sailboat will be given to charity to make us feel good and your harly will go to wacapacks family to show good intent. then i will need your liver for our sup.

mweinstone
09-19-2008, 05:55
the trail is dark. death stalks its lane. and then theirs that night rider guy were all supposed to remember . you know. when you look up at the night sky? well. you may have forgotten him. let me refreash your memory. the night rider had a face kinda like baltimore jack tarlin and cammo combined. and he did alot of meth. and he had a sidekick who was some sort of huffer from the shape of his hair.

Chaco Taco
09-20-2008, 13:51
We are in Caratunk at the NOC.

Johnny Thunder
09-20-2008, 14:11
Matty,

A few nights back me, Naked Time, Chuck, and Motor Butt seared up some Ribeye's on a white-hot rock at the center of an illegal fire. Then we burned one. I thought of you often.

Peace,

Johnny

trailangelmary
09-20-2008, 14:12
go Chaco! 08-0-08-08-08!! Go Johnny! Go Wak. 08-0-08-08-08!

camojack
09-20-2008, 20:06
no cammo! they stay with me. casa de cammo will be sacraficed to provide the jet. your sailboat will be given to charity to make us feel good and your harly will go to wacapacks family to show good intent. then i will need your liver for our sup.
They can stay wherever they want; I'm simply offering to provide some celebratory cheesesteaks and beer, cannibal boy. :eek:

Chaco Taco
09-21-2008, 08:00
I have requested that I be removed from this site. Those of you that want to stay in touch know how to reach me. Summiting in a week and a half or so.

Johnny Thunder
09-21-2008, 08:56
I have requested that I be removed from this site. Those of you that want to stay in touch know how to reach me. Summiting in a week and a half or so.

I have requested that Chaco shower more often. Summiting in a week and a half...a step (or two) in front of Chaco, if possible.

trailangelmary
09-21-2008, 09:18
GO CHACO! GO JOHNNY THUNDER! 08-0-08-08-08!!
Hope that someone gets a video of the chant summitting Katahdin.
love you all 08ers and thinking about you every day.

attroll
09-21-2008, 10:55
This thread has been closed down and removed as per Colonel Chaco request.

Chaco Taco
09-23-2008, 15:15
So I am starting a new thread just because. I had requested that the old one be deleted. Anyway, there are a few of us at Shaws tonite walking out in the am.
Johnny Thunder
Wakapak
Snackies and his brother Munchies
Wheeldog
K1yypp11ppyykkk (I have no idea what he calls himself, I was calling him KY for a bit, like the lube)
Becca and Joggles
Yazzi
Im sure there will be more this evening. Should summit next week

Lone Wolf
09-23-2008, 15:18
take your time and finish on a good day. wait for good weather

Chaco Taco
09-23-2008, 15:28
Yea I aint summitin on a crap day, Ill wait a week if I have to.

wakapak
09-23-2008, 15:29
take your time and finish on a good day. wait for good weather

absolutley waiting for good weather!!!

Johnny Thunder
09-23-2008, 15:29
Yeah, we should be at the Ranger station in Baxter on the 30th reviewing weather reports and deciding between the 1st or 2nd as our summit day.

Bearpaw88
09-23-2008, 15:36
what are you guys all at the library togeather? lol

Hi everyone. I hope you have a great summit. I miss you all and I am also fuming jealous!

Tell Yazzie I say Hi.

Chaco Taco
09-23-2008, 15:37
what are you guys all at the library togeather? lol

Hi everyone. I hope you have a great summit. I miss you all and I am also fuming jealous!

Tell Yazzie I say Hi.
We talk about you often and wish you were with us in our fun little group.

jhick
09-23-2008, 15:38
almost there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roots
09-23-2008, 15:51
Hey all!!! Congrats on the almost finish. I'm there with you in spirit.:):sun:banana

sofaking
09-23-2008, 16:16
so what the **** is this new 'thread' supposed to be about?

Mother's Finest
09-23-2008, 16:48
Johnny Thunder
Chaco
Wakapak
et al....

enjoy

peace
mf

seaside
09-23-2008, 18:07
So I am starting a new thread just because. I had requested that the old one be deleted. Anyway, there are a few of us at Shaws tonite walking out in the am.
Johnny Thunder
Wakapak
Snackies and his brother Munchies
Wheeldog
K1yypp11ppyykkk (I have no idea what he calls himself, I was calling him KY for a bit, like the lube)
Becca and Joggles
Yazzi
Im sure there will be more this evening. Should summit next week

Way to go, Chaco. Now it's your time to carry the flag! Check out Gen Del in Monson.

Alligator
09-23-2008, 20:39
Thread restored after consultation, and new thread merged into this one.

mweinstone
09-29-2008, 08:02
at 10 am this awful morn im goin to the irs and meeting with officer nadien. he has the authority to have me put in jail directly from the office in cherry hill. i did not know this till friday last. its been my secret. i will be honest and polite and represent god no matter what. i want you all to do the same in my absence. im faceing 2 years in prison.and will owe the debt on release. this post is totaly fake and made up but could just have easily been true.

at 10 am this beautiful morning im going to the irs to meet with officer nadien . i now owe 190 large. happy hikeing.

camojack
09-29-2008, 08:19
at 10 am this beautiful morning im going to the irs to meet with officer nadien . i now owe 190 large.
Good luck with that!

the goat
09-29-2008, 17:42
way to go guys! enjoy the "wilderness"/baxter & try to stay warm!

Jim Adams
09-29-2008, 18:05
Way to go guys!!!!! Hope you are having fun out there. Last week out...slow down, come to a stop and relish the moment.
Sorry for the mix up and no package at Monson...Canada proved to be longer than expected.

geek

d'shadow
09-30-2008, 01:23
GO CHACOTACO, GO CHACOTACO, GO CHACOTACO~~

What a great journey you have been on. I await to hear of the completion of your journey! Want to see a pic of you at the summit! Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo

:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana

seaside
09-30-2008, 10:42
GO CHACOTACO, GO CHACOTACO, GO CHACOTACO~~

What a great journey you have been on. I await to hear of the completion of your journey! Want to see a pic of you at the summit! Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo

:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana

From Chaco's Dad, Seaside, aka Papa Chaco, D'Shadow, remember Chaco's experience in Bryson City. Seems like just yesterday. Thanks for "rescuing" him from the local boys there. As I believe he plans to settle in Asheville area, I will be visiting and look forward to meeting you.

Wonder
09-30-2008, 12:34
:clapHE'd better not settle in Asheville until we have a MAJOR greensboro/winston throwdown!!!!;)

gungho
09-30-2008, 12:54
From Chaco's Dad, Seaside, aka Papa Chaco, D'Shadow, remember Chaco's experience in Bryson City. Seems like just yesterday. Thanks for "rescuing" him from the local boys there. As I believe he plans to settle in Asheville area, I will be visiting and look forward to meeting you.
He papa chaco, it was a pleasure hanging out with you at Trail days. It will be a pleasure to have him so close, brevard is just around the corner

d'shadow
09-30-2008, 12:56

Seaside, I was happy to be there for him. Your son is a good man, and you can be proud of him. Asheville is a good choice and I have friends over there. I look forward to meeting you too. You are welcome to come and hang out around here anytime you wish! :sun

Jack Tarlin
09-30-2008, 14:02
Asheville's great, but we'd still like to see the guys come visit as they make their way south.

jessicacomp
09-30-2008, 18:29
Matty just called me and told me that Chaco, Wak, JT, and many many others summitted today!

CONGRATULATIONS- I am very proud and happy for all of you :) :) :)

Also, I am stealing Matt's thunder by posting this before he gets to. Sorry Matt.

seaside
09-30-2008, 18:33
Yes, Chaco (#363), Johnney Thunder, Orion, Burrass, Brahma Bull, and Sweet Potatoe summited at 11 AM this morning. They called from Millinocket just before getting some food and drink, I am sure. Chaco's comment was "Awesome, fantastic" I am hungry and tired. Congratulations to all thru-hikers for your great accomplishment! What's next?

OregonHiker
09-30-2008, 18:42
Yes, Chaco (#363), Johnney Thunder, Orion, Burrass, Brahma Bull, and Sweet Potatoe summited at 11 AM this morning. They called from Millinocket just before getting some food and drink, I am sure. Chaco's comment was "Awesome, fantastic" I am hungry and tired. Congratulations to all thru-hikers for your great accomplishment! What's next?

Congrats on your adventure ! :sun

Jack Tarlin
09-30-2008, 19:06
Nice going guys!! :D

Lemme know what your travel plans are as you head south. You're all welcome here in Hanover for as long as you want to stay. Not leaving for the Gathering and VA hiking trip til Sunday.

camojack
09-30-2008, 20:58
Matty just called me and told me that Chaco, Wak, JT, and many many others summitted today!

CONGRATULATIONS- I am very proud and happy for all of you :) :) :)

Also, I am stealing Matt's thunder by posting this before he gets to. Sorry Matt.
Well, Matt didn't call me! Yet, anyway. Never mind that.

:jump:clap:dance:banana WOO HOO!!! :banana:dance:clap:jump

Lugnut
09-30-2008, 21:39
Well, Matt didn't call me! Yet, anyway. Never mind that.

:jump:clap:dance:banana WOO HOO!!! :banana:dance:clap:jump

Maybe they really did take him to jail today! :eek:

camojack
09-30-2008, 22:22
Maybe they really did take him to jail today! :eek:
Nah, that was yesterday...and I spoke to him last night. :o

d'shadow
10-01-2008, 02:44
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWWW WWW

WAY TO GO CHACOTACO!!!!!!!

WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT!

CONGRATS TO ALL OF YOU.

:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana:clap:cl ap:clap:clap:clap

Johnny Thunder
10-01-2008, 06:50
I summit in stealth.

Chaco Taco
10-01-2008, 07:38
So now what the hell do I do? I dont have to resupply. O finally get the hang of carrying a proper food bag outta town, and now, its done.

WE DID IT!!!
I summited at 11 am 9-30-08. I can honestly say that I am a THRUHIKER. Im sure many know how it feels but it hasnt really sunk in. Now I have to get ready for the tour back down the coast to NC. Roots, Gungho and Little bear, i want to see you guys STAT! Yes, Im thinking of doing a hike in the very near future. Maybe a little Smoky Mountain Shuffle????

mweinstone
10-01-2008, 07:41
the singular ability to withstand such as these.
admirations from the people watching their commings and goings
memorys and freindships to fill seas and coast full of love
tears not made and yet to come fallen from thaughts of such a walk
historys place for those who dare
melencoly
macs and cheese
over and out
return to base
minnesota smith protojes
thru hiker copy cats
ya little hikas
naptime
two cookies, a blanket, best friend to the left,eyes shut.

mweinstone
10-01-2008, 07:58
johnney and wac and choc and oryan and bone lady and wild oats and ray vauhn and burrass are like wacked . their frikkin wacked mandude. dudelady. these folks are frikkin wacked! you wanna eat frikkin chicken sandwitches? ya do it with these. ya wanna hike , ya do it with these. these frikkin people are frickkin wacked frikkin dudes.

Wonder
10-01-2008, 09:29
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know about the others.....but I may have to get in on a Smokey Mountain Shuffle

Lone Wolf
10-01-2008, 09:32
So now what the hell do I do? I dont have to resupply. O finally get the hang of carrying a proper food bag outta town, and now, its done.

go home, get a job and show up at Trails Days next year 25 lbs. heavier like everbody else

jhick
10-01-2008, 10:16
go home, get a job and show up at Trails Days next year 25 lbs. heavier like everbody else

hahahahaha......

Roots
10-01-2008, 11:08

WE DID IT!!!
I summited at 11 am 9-30-08. I can honestly say that I am a THRUHIKER. Im sure many know how it feels but it hasnt really sunk in. Now I have to get ready for the tour back down the coast to NC. Roots, Gungho and Little bear, i want to see you guys STAT! Yes, Im thinking of doing a hike in the very near future. Maybe a little Smoky Mountain Shuffle????

HOT DAM!!!! You did it!!! You go bro!!! :banana:sun

Definitely feeling a little of that Smoky Mtn shuffle coming on!!! I hear Asheville may be in the future for you. You know I'm just down the road--30 minutes to be exact. I feel trouble coming on. :D

Roots
10-01-2008, 11:08

Definitely...:D

Bearpaw88
10-01-2008, 15:25
Congradulations Waks, Chaco, Thunder, and everyone else who summited today. I am so happy for you! Sounds like you had a wonderful time. If I don't see ya anymore this year. Enjoy your post hike eating, lounging bliss and I'll see ya next year!

:banana:banana:banana

Jack Tarlin
10-01-2008, 15:36
They could enjoy really good post-hike eating here if they bothered to re-visit Hanover, but I think Chaco's afraid of having to admit that I cook better than he does. :D

Chaco Taco
10-01-2008, 19:26
They could enjoy really good post-hike eating here if they bothered to re-visit Hanover, but I think Chaco's afraid of having to admit that I cook better than he does. :D
Dream on UNCLE JACK!!!

Chaco Taco
10-01-2008, 21:06
9-30 Class Of 2008

wakapak
10-01-2008, 22:09
Way to go guys!!!!! Hope you are having fun out there. Last week out...slow down, come to a stop and relish the moment.
Sorry for the mix up and no package at Monson...Canada proved to be longer than expected.

geek

Hey Geek!!! no worries about the monson package deal!! yeah, the wilderness was good...rained the last two days though, oh well!!! Hope your Canada trip was fun!! talk to you soon!!

little bear
10-01-2008, 22:35
congrats brother call me when you get this way.......and let me know when you want to get back out and hit the trail.

lb

TheTank
10-01-2008, 23:03
Congratulations to you and all who finished.

Let me know if you find yourself in the Albany area. Otherwise I expect to see you at the Gathering.