PDA

View Full Version : Where is Colonel Chaco?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Chaco Taco
03-23-2008, 18:18
Hey all, Im in Sylva, NC. Got lost a little trying to get down the Road to nowhere. Ended up walking through Franklin Grove and back in to Bryson City, neither place is very hiker friendly. Got harrassed by some hillbillies. Im with D'shadow in Sylva and will make a run at the Lakshore tommorow. Mom and dad, Im fine and safe. See ya'll soon

Lone Wolf
03-23-2008, 18:19
define "harassed" and what's a "hillbilly"? that's hate speech

Chaco Taco
03-23-2008, 18:29
I was walking down in Franklin Grove and had a beer can thrown at me from a moving truck. These guys circled me for an hour and kept screaming obsenities at me. Confederate flags in the window of the trucks.

TOW
03-23-2008, 18:32
I would say it is an isolated incident and alcohol would have a lot to do with it too.....

smokymtnsteve
03-23-2008, 18:32
I was walking down in Franklin Grove and had a beer can thrown at me from a moving truck. These guys circled me for an hour and kept screaming obsenities at me. Confederate flags in the window of the trucks.

dem boyz wuz jist all hot and turned on buy yore hiker legs and outift:eek:

Chaco Taco
03-23-2008, 18:36
dem boyz wuz jist all hot and turned on buy yore hiker legs and outift:eek:

Yea they really looked interested in me

I dont know if its isolated. People were not very welcoming when I would ask for directions to get to the trail. I had a couple of people that would yell at me as I walked by, especially "F*&^in Hippie".

warraghiyagey
03-23-2008, 18:37
CC, hope you have a great time along the way.
Onward.:sun:sun

BipolarStroller
03-24-2008, 00:03
If you hear banjo music, hike faster! Go Chaco Go! You friggin' hippy!

and what are ya doing getting lost, you got miles to do! Be safe man

Jaybird62
03-24-2008, 00:08
You are gonna run into *** **(** wherever you go......have a good hike, and don't let some pricks change your state of mind. Have a great hike man, and maybe j.hick and others and i will meet up with ya when you get up this way again.....peace..

wakapak
03-24-2008, 00:09
If you hear banjo music, hike faster! Go Chaco Go! You friggin' hippy!

and what are ya doing getting lost, you got miles to do! Be safe man

Yeah, I second the hike faster if you hear banjo music!! haha! :)
Hope your second at Lakeshore is alot better!! I'm sure it'll be an amazing time!! Great hangin with ya this weekend and talk soon!!

Heater
03-24-2008, 01:12
define "harassed" and what's a "hillbilly"? that's hate speech

Heh. I kick hillbillies...

jhick
03-24-2008, 09:06
sounds like a great new trail name.... "F*&^in Hippie"

little bear
03-24-2008, 09:26
just talked to Col and he is on the right road now and will be hiking the Lake Shore Trail by the afternoon. Then we are meeting up on Thursday and hiking the Smokies.

LB

d'shadow
03-24-2008, 10:41
Just a note to let everyone know that I dropped off Colonel Chaco off at the trail head this morning and he is on track. He had a restful night in my spare room which is full of backpacking gear. He is in good spirits and well rested.
What happened yesterday was an isolated incident. We stopped at a gas station and a man directed us to the trail head where I left him. It had a sign marked "Road to Nowhere" and dead ended at a trail head. The trail looped around and came out near the residence where the men who harrassed Colonel chaco live. Upon seeing him walking down the road with a pack, they got into their pickup and followed him into town. While he waited for me, these men continued to circle him and harrass him. A police officer stopped and asked him if he were alright. When told about the men, the officer replied, "Yea, I know who they are. Them boys just love it when you hikers come into town." To be fair, I work with a large number of people who live in Bryson City and know none of them would ever condone an incident like the one that happened. Just a word to the wise.

wakapak
03-24-2008, 11:41
Good to hear he's on the right road/trail now!!

Ramble~On
03-25-2008, 10:48
:-? Since I know so many people who live in Bryson...I'm affraid anything I might say about this incident could offend one or more of them. Since they are all related...that could lead to having to contend with the entire town's population.:eek: UHT OH...I'm hearing banjo's already!

envirodiver
03-25-2008, 10:56
There are bad apples in every barrel. It's unfortunate that they seem to make the most noise sometimes.

Hang in there CC. Most of us in the south don't consider hippy kicking to be a sport.

jhick
03-25-2008, 11:12
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj132/l8tr_dude/chco.jpg

warraghiyagey
03-25-2008, 12:50
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/laughing013.gifhttp://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/laughing013.gifhttp://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/laughing013.gifhttp://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/laughing013.gif

little bear
03-27-2008, 13:17
Just Talked To Col And He Is On Shuckstack Mnt. Headed Toward Fontana, To Meet Up With Me Tonight. Said He Had Fun On The Lakeshore Trail.

Lb

JAK
03-27-2008, 13:54
Personally I don't mind a little heated interaction with locals now and then, as long as no one gets hurt. Breaks up some of the monotony. Martin Head on the Fundy Footpath can get somewhat interesting on weekends.

Go Chaco. Next time tell them to toss you a full one.

wakapak
03-27-2008, 19:10
Just got off the phone with Chaco, he is absolutely LOVING LIFE!! how can you not out there though!?!? He is at the Fontana Hilton tonite and said there are many others there too....he's waitin for LB and then they are headin out to the Smokies! Sounded like Lakeshore was a great time, he said there were some really nice campsites...guess he got some snow the other day too!! I cannot wait to get out there myself after talking to him!!!

Chaco Taco
04-03-2008, 14:45
just got to Standing Bear Farm. Had a blast! Got a little of everything, snow, rain. Good hike. Off to Springer in the am. Just want to say good luck to Halftime, Poor Boy, Respect, Applicator, Rocko, Beeker (My 2 favorites, you crazy girls), Toes, and Longburn. Im having a blast out here and am doin g itr all for real Saturday. Im in pretty good shape now and my gear is where I want it!!!!!
Wakapak, I cant wait to see you!

jhick
04-03-2008, 14:53
Good luck !!! Keep us posted.

little bear
04-04-2008, 16:32
just talked to Col Chaco, he is now on Springer and heading North on his Thru hike.

GO COLONEL CHACO

wakapak
04-04-2008, 16:35
just talked to Col Chaco, he is now on Springer and heading North on his Thru hike.

GO COLONEL CHACO

Yep! I heard from him too!! GO CHACO!!!! :banana

wakapak
04-07-2008, 13:23
Chaco was at Neel's today!!! Woohoo!!!

gungho
04-08-2008, 20:10
Colonel Chaco was at Tray Mountain Shelter around 6pm today, I believe he was staying there tonight.

Ron Haven
04-08-2008, 20:32
Hey all, Im in Sylva, NC. Got lost a little trying to get down the Road to nowhere. Ended up walking through Franklin Grove and back in to Bryson City, neither place is very hiker friendly. Got harrassed by some hillbillies. Im with D'shadow in Sylva and will make a run at the Lakshore tommorow. Mom and dad, Im fine and safe. See ya'll soonCC, when I was in grade school I brought a hillbillie kid home one weekend and the next door neighbors didn't have an inside bathroom.So this old grandma walked around the side of the house and squated down to pee.

At this point I told him not to stair at her,that's rude.That Sunday we took him to church with us.After the pastor was done preaching he ask everyone to bow their heads for prayer and if anyone wants to come to the alter to pray to go ahead.

At this time there was a big fat woman went to the front and kneeled down at the alter to pray.The little hillbillie whispered into my ear saying he knew why the preacher ask everyone to bow their heads.I said why?He said"It won't be so rude watching that big fat women up front pissing in the floor":eek:

TOW
04-08-2008, 22:43
Haven, you just ain't right...............lmao!

Chaco Taco
04-09-2008, 15:04
Man, I cant wait to meet you next week.

Im at Cloud 9 with Abboman, Boone, Thor and a gang of others. i saw the hot tub and was sold on it.
Im out early in the am. Great weather today, just need to rest my feet for a few hours and a hot meal. Im very malnourished.
Feeling good otherwise. Talk to ya'll soon.

CC, when I was in grade school I brought a hillbillie kid home one weekend and the next door neighbors didn't have an inside bathroom.So this old grandma walked around the side of the house and squated down to pee.

At this point I told him not to stair at her,that's rude.That Sunday we took him to church with us.After the pastor was done preaching he ask everyone to bow their heads for prayer and if anyone wants to come to the alter to pray to go ahead.

At this time there was a big fat woman went to the front and kneeled down at the alter to pray.The little hillbillie whispered into my ear saying he knew why the preacher ask everyone to bow their heads.I said why?He said"It won't be so rude watching that big fat women up front pissing in the floor":eek:

gungho
04-10-2008, 22:39
Man, I cant wait to meet you next week.

Im at Cloud 9 with Abboman, Boone, Thor and a gang of others. i saw the hot tub and was sold on it.
Im out early in the am. Great weather today, just need to rest my feet for a few hours and a hot meal. Im very malnourished.
Feeling good otherwise. Talk to ya'll soon.

It was nice meeting you today. Hope to see ya on the trail soon.

Chaco Taco
04-11-2008, 01:50
Made some pack modifications and am leaving Cloud 9 in the am, olr in a few hours. Thanks Cloud 9!

wakapak
04-11-2008, 06:18
Made some pack modifications and am leaving Cloud 9 in the am, olr in a few hours. Thanks Cloud 9!

darn you were up late!! LOL!!
Have a great hike!! See ya in a few weeks!!! :D

Chaco Taco
04-11-2008, 10:35
Heading out. Looking on the horizon can see the weather coming. Time to gear up and stay dry. Talk to ya'll from franklin. Put a couple of pics up on my journal. Peace everyone.

envirodiver
04-11-2008, 10:39
Peace Chaco, sounds like you are having a great walk. Stay dry and warm.

Ramble~On
04-12-2008, 03:34
:sun Sounds like before too long'd be a good time to head into the Smokies spreading hiker cheer!

mountain squid
04-12-2008, 17:46
It was good meeting you at Springer last Friday.
Right back at ya! Hopefully, the weather has improved since thenhttp://www.yahoofreak.com/animated%20emoticons/Cool%20Animated%20Emoticons/sunny.gif. Good Luck and Have Fun...

See you on the trail,
mt squid

dragonfeet
04-12-2008, 21:05
Hey chaco good luck man, Its hard to believe your malnourished with that big bag red bag of food you are carying. like some kind of trail santa clause.

Chaco Taco
04-13-2008, 19:22
In Franklin at Sapphire. Ron Haven is so damn awesome. Having a great time. Albert Mountain was amazing. Meetin some awesome people. This is so awesome!!

Heater
04-13-2008, 20:00
In Franklin at Sapphire. Ron Haven is so damn awesome. Having a great time. Albert Mountain was amazing. Meetin some awesome people. This is so awesome!!

Awesome! :D

Roots
04-13-2008, 20:22
Chaco is having a few deserved drinks at Cody's Steakhouse right now. Little Steps and I just left he and Bourbon and Patience. We had our fill too.:D

wakapak
04-13-2008, 21:26
Chaco is having a few deserved drinks at Cody's Steakhouse right now. Little Steps and I just left he and Bourbon and Patience. We had our fill too.:D

Nice!!! Just tried calling that boy, guess that's why he's not there!! :D
Hope ya'll have fun on the next leg of the hike, and that the weather is beautiful for everyone too!! :sun

gungho
04-13-2008, 21:52

Glad to see you are moving right along. Roots said she saw you in town

Chaco Taco
04-14-2008, 08:57
Going to zero in Franklin today. If anyone is around Im in room 30 at Sapphire.

Chaco Taco
04-14-2008, 10:00
Pictures are up on my TJ

Ron Haven
04-14-2008, 20:24
Haven, you just ain't right...............lmao!I told this story along with a few more at the post office while we were waiting for the group today :D

Chaco Taco
04-15-2008, 07:56
Ron thanks for everything. Had a blast with ya and hope you enjoyed the Taco's.
CHACO TACO has struck again!

I told this story along with a few more at the post office while we were waiting for the group today :D

seaside
04-15-2008, 15:09
Colonel Chaco, sounds like you are having a blast! That's what it's all about. Seaside

jhick
04-15-2008, 15:15
I'm jealous, man!!!! Enjoy!! Hope to see ya at TD.

wakapak
04-15-2008, 15:19
Heard the sun was shining for them when they departed today!!
Hope ya'll enjoy the next bit of the hike...some beautiful areas coming up!
The countdown to TD's is on!!!!!

Chaco Taco
04-19-2008, 11:29
Thanks Dad!! Ladies and Gentleman, my papa has joined the addiction that is Whiteblaze.:D

Colonel Chaco, sounds like you are having a blast! That's what it's all about. Seaside

wakapak
04-19-2008, 14:18
Thanks Dad!! Ladies and Gentleman, my papa has joined the addiction that is Whiteblaze.:D

LOL!! I thought that might have been him!! Watch out Seaside, it can get really addicting!!!

wakapak
04-20-2008, 15:06
Talked to Chaco yesterday, and had a message from him this morning...he was heading into the Smokies today!!
Go Chaco Go!!!

dixicritter
04-20-2008, 19:23
Actually he and Jack Tarlin have been in my kitchen cookin up a storm. ;) Rock picked them up at Fontana this afternoon. We're having a blast.

wakapak
04-20-2008, 19:57
Actually he and Jack Tarlin have been in my kitchen cookin up a storm. ;) Rock picked them up at Fontana this afternoon. We're having a blast.

Sweet!!!! Tell him i said Hi!! :D

wakapak
04-20-2008, 20:03
Oh, and that I'm jealous!! ;)

Chaco Taco
04-21-2008, 01:44
Yea, having a helluva time at Rock HQ. Walked on the Bypass trail around the damn, and there was Jack. We talked and Rock showed with Rebel. We went and ate Dragon Burgers and drove the Tail of the Dragon. I am skipping some of the Smokies since I did it all before I went to Springer. I just dont want to do it all again. I love the Smokies but I have done it twice in the past year or so. PLus I may get to hike some with Baltimore Jack so that could be cool. Yes, he is as crazy as everyone has warned me. Just kiddin JAck. He and I are quite the team in the kitchen. I just have to say Thank you so very much to Sgt Rock and Dixiecritter for picking me up, letting me stay at their house, WHISKEY, and just being some of the coolest people I have had the pleasure of meeting. You guys are so awesome, thank you. Rebel it was great seeing you. Thanks for the Dragon Burger. We will get together sometime and do a section when this parade is all over.
Wakapak, no need to worry, Im waiting for you in Damascus. ;)

wakapak
04-21-2008, 05:41
Yea, having a helluva time at Rock HQ. Walked on the Bypass trail around the damn, and there was Jack. We talked and Rock showed with Rebel. We went and ate Dragon Burgers and drove the Tail of the Dragon. I am skipping some of the Smokies since I did it all before I went to Springer. I just dont want to do it all again. I love the Smokies but I have done it twice in the past year or so. PLus I may get to hike some with Baltimore Jack so that could be cool. Yes, he is as crazy as everyone has warned me. Just kiddin JAck. He and I are quite the team in the kitchen. I just have to say Thank you so very much to Sgt Rock and Dixiecritter for picking me up, letting me stay at their house, WHISKEY, and just being some of the coolest people I have had the pleasure of meeting. You guys are so awesome, thank you. Rebel it was great seeing you. Thanks for the Dragon Burger. We will get together sometime and do a section when this parade is all over.

Awwww, shucks!!! ;) :D
Counting the days!!!!

Glad you're having so much fun, sounds like it was a blast with Jack, Rock and Dixi!!

Jack Tarlin
04-21-2008, 07:34
It is indeed true; the Colonel can do things to potatoes that would probably be illegal in some states. Happily, Tennessee is not one of 'em.

Well, the weather has turned and we're of to the Park.

Thanx Dix, Rock, and family for a wonderful visit!

Jack Tarlin
04-21-2008, 08:11
Damn, now he's doin' stuff in the kitchen that would be roundly condemned by the American Cardiac Association.

Boy, it's fun eating someone else's cooking for a change!

HikerRanky
04-21-2008, 10:39

Hey Chaco, how's the Pinnacle pack holding up out there?

Have a blast in the Smokies.... Smurf (my wife) and I just got back to Nashville last night from 2.5 days out there.... Water is NOT a problem anywhere in the Smokies, and the weather is absolutely perfect for hiking.... Cool mornings and only getting up to about the upper sixties for the highs up on the AT....

Anyway, enjoy the trip, and we'll chat again later!

Randy

SGT Rock
04-21-2008, 21:04
I put him and Jack back on today at Newfound Gap. They were headed off to Icewater and plan to make Hot Springs by Trail Fest this weekend.

Hooch
04-21-2008, 21:08
I put him and Jack back on today at Newfound Gap. They were headed off to Icewater and plan to make Hot Springs by Trail Fest this weekend.
Cool deal. Is the Rock gang going to make it to that event as well?

wakapak

Sweeeeetttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Sounds like ya'll had a blast!!!

dixicritter
Cool deal. Is the Rock gang going to make it to that event as well?

No promises, but we're thinking about it. :)

Hooch
04-21-2008, 21:11
No promises, but we're thinking about it. :)Good place for a certain someone to rest an injured ankle. :rolleyes: Glad to hear Col. Chaco and Jack are moving right along and having a good time to boot. Y'all are great hosts, Rock and Dixi.:)

SGT Rock
04-21-2008, 21:19
The main hang up are some prior commitments. We are working it.

wakapak
04-21-2008, 21:25
The main hang up are some prior commitments. We are working it.

i hope ya'll make it there, i'd love to meet you guys!!!

Hooch
04-21-2008, 21:28
i hope ya'll make it there, i'd love to meet you guys!!!Wakapak, if you're going to be there, stop in at Hot Springs campground at site 413 and say hi to us oddball hammock folk!

wakapak
04-21-2008, 21:31
Wakapak, if you're going to be there, stop in at Hot Springs campground at site 413 and say hi to us oddball hammock folk!

you talkin traildays or trailfest??? i'm all confused now!!
i meant traildays!!! :o

Hooch
04-21-2008, 21:50
you talkin traildays or trailfest??? i'm all confused now!!
i meant traildays!!! :oOoopsie-doodle. I'm talking Trail Fest this weekend in Hot Springs.

wakapak
04-21-2008, 21:52
Ooopsie-doodle. I'm talking Trail Fest this weekend in Hot Springs.

yeah...my bad...i read that but thought traildays in my head....guess i'm just a bit excited to get there and, well, yeah.....lol! :D :o

Hooch
04-21-2008, 21:53
yeah...my bad...i read that but thought traildays in my head....guess i'm just a bit excited to get there and, well, yeah.....lol! :D :oIt's ok, we understand. I think. :rolleyes:

wakapak
04-21-2008, 21:53
It's ok, we understand. I think. :rolleyes:

haha, cool, i think...:rolleyes:

wakapak
04-23-2008, 22:24
Just got off the phone with Chaco, he's at Standing Bear Farm with Baltimore Jack, Johnny Thunder and alot of others!! From the sounds in the background, they are all having a BLAST!!! :D :banana :D :banana
They were cooking up some Elk as we were talking!!

Chaco, I CANNOT WAIT to be out there with you!!! only two and half weeks till i leave!!! :sun

Flush2wice
04-23-2008, 22:30
There might just be a shin-dig up on Beauty Spot in the near future.

wakapak
04-23-2008, 22:31
There might just be a shin-dig up on Beauty Spot in the near future.

that would be cool!!!!! :sun

Chaco Taco
04-25-2008, 08:46
Just got off the phone with Chaco, he's at Standing Bear Farm with Baltimore Jack, Johnny Thunder and alot of others!! From the sounds in the background, they are all having a BLAST!!! :D :banana :D :banana
They were cooking up some Elk as we were talking!!

Chaco, I CANNOT WAIT to be out there with you!!! only two and half weeks till i leave!!! :sun
You have no idea how excitted I am to see you too Sunshine:sun

wakapak
04-25-2008, 10:02

Awwwwwwww!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sun :D

seaside
04-25-2008, 11:18
Chaco, I look forward to seeing you in Hot Springs Sunday PM. I will bring the Creek. Seaside.

seaside
04-25-2008, 11:19
SGT Rock, thanks for your hospitality extended to Chaco. I am sure he needed it.
Seaside

CrumbSnatcher
04-25-2008, 12:29
:rolleyes:get a room

CrumbSnatcher
04-25-2008, 12:36

Awwwwwwww!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sun :D

lol, have fun :banana

CrumbSnatcher
04-25-2008, 12:38
don't mind me, I'm drunk

wakapak
04-25-2008, 12:50

lol, have fun :banana

don't mind me, I'm drunk

Crumb, good thing I've been around ya enough out there on the trail to get your humor!! ove ya man! :D

Drunk so early in the day huh?? Good for yoU!!! :D :banana

Tell Ida I said big Hello!!!!!!

CrumbSnatcher
04-25-2008, 13:05
not all your friends have to be smart and nice. just put me on your- oh he's a dumbass but harmless friends list. whats
'ove ya man mean" by the way... just remember me and ida's got your back,anybody messes with WAK A PAK i'll b**** slap them. cause thats how we roll.............................................. ........................:)

wakapak
04-25-2008, 13:11
not all your friends have to be smart and nice. just put me on your- oh he's a dumbass but harmless friends list. whats
'ove ya man mean" by the way... just remember me and ida's got your back,anybody messes with WAK A PAK i'll b**** slap them. cause thats how we roll.............................................. ........................:)

Oh dont you worry, that's the list i had you on!! LOL!!! :D

and it was supposed to be love ya man...but i know you know that! :rolleyes:

Thanks for havin my back!!!!!! :)

hey, you gonna be at TD's????

CrumbSnatcher
04-25-2008, 13:15
i was hoping to do my 4th hardcore and ida's first. but shes tied up and we dont know. we are moving to the area soon. and have plans to do regular maintence with bob and others...

wakapak
04-25-2008, 13:18
i was hoping to do my 4th hardcore and ida's first. but shes tied up and we dont know. we are moving to the area soon. and have plans to do regular maintence with bob and others...

no S***! Where ya moving to?? I'm looking to move somwhere in the general area of there after this hike!! lookin at Asheville or around there...almost was taking a job and movin to Johnson City Tn, but turned that done obviously...

Jack Tarlin
04-25-2008, 13:21
See ya there, Crumb.

If you don't wanna help me cook, you can help eat!

wakapak
04-25-2008, 13:23
See ya there, Crumb.

I'll help eat!!!!!!! :D

CrumbSnatcher
04-25-2008, 13:47
See ya there, Crumb.

can't cook very well. i know how to stir up the s*** once in awhile! i would prefer to get my hands dirty and throw throw some peanuts at me afterwords. besides your cooking is fabulous.

SGT Rock
04-25-2008, 13:53
Are they in Hot Springs or Standing Bear right now?

wakapak
04-25-2008, 13:55
Are they in Hot Springs or Standing Bear right now?

who?? i think some are still at Standing Bear and some are on the way to Hot Springs...but i could be entirely wrong on all facts!

SGT Rock
04-25-2008, 13:57
Well I did the math based on how Jack hikes (I have one of his boxes to deliver) and figured he probably camped near Standing Bear Wed night and hiked in Thur morning. But I hate to assume. I know he was planning to get to Trail Fest if it meant getting a ride from Curtis.

wakapak
04-25-2008, 14:01
Well I did the math based on how Jack hikes (I have one of his boxes to deliver) and figured he probably camped near Standing Bear Wed night and hiked in Thur morning. But I hate to assume. I know he was planning to get to Trail Fest if it meant getting a ride from Curtis.

oh, i dont know where Jack is and i'm not gonna assume anything with him! LOL!! :D

Jack Tarlin
04-25-2008, 14:07
Rock:

Chaco and a few friends left S.B. in the early afternoon. They'll be at Brown Gap tonight (if they're smart, anyway). I expect they'll do a big day tomorrow, get near to town, and will be in H.S. early Sunday.

I happily have the leisure to not by thru-hiking, and have therefore become something of a lazy bastid, as we say in Boston. I'm hanging out today, doing hostel chores, going swimming, doing the hiker meet and greet, and expect to be cooking again this evening, hopefully something large, bovine, and medium rare. Hope to catch a ride to H.S. mid-morning tomorrow, probably with Dan Gallagher of Bluff Mt. Outfitters.

Will be meeting up with Chaco and his family around noon on Sunday at Paddler's Pub, Rock. Please join us if you're in the neighborhood.

SGT Rock
04-25-2008, 14:09
We plan to be there.

wakapak
04-25-2008, 14:11
Rock:

Chaco and a few friends left S.B. in the early afternoon. They'll be at Brown Gap tonight (if they're smart, anyway). I expect they'll do a big day tomorrow, get near to town, and will be in H.S. early Sunday.

I happily have the leisure to not by thru-hiking, and have therefore become something of a lazy bastid, as we say in Boston. I'm hanging out today, doing hostel chores, going swimming, doing the hiker meet and greet, and expect to be cooking again this evening, hopefully something large, bovine, and medium rare. Hope to catch a ride to H.S. mid-morning tomorrow, probably with Dan Gallagher of Bluff Mt. Outfitters.

Will be meeting up with Chaco and his family around noon on Sunday at Paddler's Pub, Rock. Please join us if you're in the neighborhood.

Hey Jack..

Give Chaco a big ole smooch when you see him...he'll love that!!! :rolleyes:

dixicritter
04-25-2008, 16:31
Hey Jack..

LOL... oh this I gotta see! :eek:

mountain squid
04-25-2008, 19:26
we are moving to the area soon. and have plans to do regular maintence with bob and others...
:-?Be sure to keep your Tuesdays free. Tuesdays are our regular maintenance days, although next week is on a Wed...and, oh yeah, new guys get privy duty:eek::D..see you when you get here I reckon...

:cool:Oh and since this is a Chaco thread...http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/happy059.gifHI Colonel Chaco, hope all is well...

See you on the trail,
mt squid

CrumbSnatcher
04-25-2008, 20:12
:-?Be sure to keep your Tuesdays free. Tuesdays are our regular maintenance days, although next week is on a Wed...and, oh yeah, new guys get privy duty:eek::D..see you when you get here I reckon...

:cool:Oh and since this is a Chaco thread...http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/happy059.gifHI Colonel Chaco, hope all is well...

See you on the trail,
mt squid
thanks Mt. squid for the welcome mat. so after my first day of maintenance i should bring some one else along so they would be the new guy? you can count my girlfriend in too then. her first day will be my second... problem solved:) glad your having a great time CHACO

mountain squid
04-25-2008, 21:01
her first day will be my second... problem solved:):-?Good idea...of course, actually finding a TN privy might be the hardest part of the task...

Hey Colonel Chaco (and other hikers), get to Kincora on a Mon and be prepared to work on Tue (since you are only passing thru, we won't make you clean out our privy...)

See you on the trail,
mt squid

CrumbSnatcher
04-25-2008, 22:08
:-?Good idea...of course, actually finding a TN privy might be the hardest part of the task...

Hey Colonel Chaco (and other hikers), get to Kincora on a Mon and be prepared to work on Tue (since you are only passing thru, we won't make you clean out our privy...)

See you on the trail,
mt squidyeah theres only a couple of them and the secret privy.

Chaco Taco
04-27-2008, 12:28
Wakapak,I think ill let you do that:eek:

Made it to HS late last night walked into the Pub. With Seabass, Y2K, KeyChain and my trail brother Mudslide is here!!! Hanging with pops today. little bear, get your ass up here man. Come hike.

Hey Jack..

little bear
04-27-2008, 12:51
I will leave Dunn around 6 am on monday, and should be in HS around noon. Will you be able to wait until about then to leave? If so im coming!!!!!! And do you think your dad could shuttle me back to HS if I take and drop my car off at a trail head. Call me on my celly, dog.

LB

wakapak
04-27-2008, 13:14
Wakapak,I think ill let you do that:eek:

Made it to HS late last night walked into the Pub. With Seabass, Y2K, KeyChain and my trail brother Mudslide is here!!! Hanging with pops today. little bear, get your ass up here man. Come hike.

LOL! i thouht you'd say that!:p

Have fun with everyone in Hot Springs!!! :D
Talk to you soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sun

little bear
04-27-2008, 18:05
Col, im all packed up and will be leaving in the morning.......see ya around noon.....call so we can have a place to meet.

LB

Mrs Baggins
04-27-2008, 18:36
Just did the little section of Newfound Gap to Standing Bear Farm. Met the Colonel at Ice Water Springs.....and yep....he knew me! Said "we have an inside joke about you." Gees, like I care. :rolleyes: Asked me if I had found Kirby. ;) Had a great time meeting him. He was interested in my going to Scotland in the Fall and asked that I post my pics and journals on trailjournals.com. Said I would. :D

Hooch
04-27-2008, 19:18
I saw Chaco and Baltimore Jack this morning in Hot Springs with SGT Rock and his family. He's loving every minute of his hike and having the time of his life! :D

gungho
04-27-2008, 20:04
Hey Chaco Taco, Glad to see your still alive and kicking:D

wakapak
04-28-2008, 05:57
Chaco...have a great hike to Erwin!!!!!!!! :)
hope we get to talk, but if not, know i can't wait to see you!!!!! :sun :sun

not much longer!!!!!!!! :D

Chaco Taco
04-28-2008, 11:14
Hey meet me at Bluff Mtn or call 828-622-7162!!!!. My dad will take you wherever you need to go.

I will leave Dunn around 6 am on monday, and should be in HS around noon. Will you be able to wait until about then to leave? If so im coming!!!!!! And do you think your dad could shuttle me back to HS if I take and drop my car off at a trail head. Call me on my celly, dog.

LB

Roots
04-28-2008, 12:05
You go, Chaco!! Great to hear you are doing well. I finished my section Sat. and miss it like hell. Hope I get to see at Trail Days. Keep on hiking on!!:)

Mrs Baggins
04-28-2008, 12:51
Just did the little section of Newfound Gap to Standing Bear Farm. Met the Colonel at Ice Water Springs.....and yep....he knew me! Said "we have an inside joke about you." Gees, like I care. :rolleyes: Asked me if I had found Kirby. ;) Had a great time meeting him. He was interested in my going to Scotland in the Fall and asked that I post my pics and journals on trailjournals.com. Said I would. :D

Forgot to thank Chaco for the sip of hootch! Tasted mighty good on that cold hilltop! I may have to start carrying my own flask..........:rolleyes:

Chaco Taco
04-28-2008, 14:20
I really want to take time to thank all of you for such kind words and for being so great to me. You guys have all got a very special place in my heart.
Roots honey, i miss your country ass

Mrs baggins, you are so awesome. Have fun in your travels.

Also, my bro Little Bear has arrived and is riding with my dad to Tanyard Gap where i will meet up with him. He didnt bring rain with him this time.

Thanks again to all i have met along the way and get ready, Im heading North. The Travelling Circus is coming to a trail town near you.
Cast of Characters- Mudslide and Gypsy, Colonel Chaco, Thor, The ThunderCats aka, Johnny Thunder, Orion, Harvest, Scout.
Its on

seaside
04-29-2008, 00:08
Chaco, I really enjoyed meeting all of the "gypsies". Very interesting group. Drove all the way back to the beach today/tonight. Take care and keep your head high. I am convinced even more now about what an awesome experience it is going to be. Seaside

little bear
05-01-2008, 15:50
I just added pictures to Col Chacos trail journal....go see his new pics. I will post a trip report on his thread at his request once I get it typed up.

Man we had fun.

LB

little bear
05-01-2008, 23:29
Here is my trip report from hiking with Col Chaco.

April 28 2008
I left home around 7 am and drove to Raleigh and dropped off my wife and then headed toward Hot Springs. On the way it rained hard the whole way. Once I made it to Waynesville it stopped raining and the sun came out. When I made it to Hot Springs, I ran into Jack Tarlin, and he told me Col Chaco was waiting for me at the Smokey Mnt Diner. I meet Col Chaco, Thor, Mudslide, Indigo and Seaside at the diner around 12:30. Man them guys can eat some food. Once done seaside took me to Sams gap so I could drop off my car, and Chaco and his buddies were going to meet me at Mills Pond. Seaside and I dropped my car off at Sams gap and then he dropped me at Tanyard Gap, (I hiked that section in 2003) and I began hiking south to Mills Pond. I meet up with the group and we walked north on the trail and found a nice bald on Mills Ridge and made camp. We hung out and talked awhile and cooked dinner and then went to bed around 9 pm.

April 29, 2008
When we woke this morning around 6:30 am, I was so cold. Over the night the temps dropped down into the teens and the wind blew around 55-60 mph, and it poured down rain. I like an idiot listened to the weather man and he said it was going to be in the 50 at night and 75 during the day, so I brought my 40 degree bag, and spring clothing, so I was not prepared for the cold weather. I got up and got my food bag, which we hung due to all the bear activity in the area. I made a hot breakfast and climbed back into my sleeping bag, and hung out in my tent until around 9 am. At 9:30 everyone was out and packed up and Chaco and I began hiking. Around 11:30 am Chaco and I hiked up to Rich Mnt fire tower. Man it as cold up there. We ate lunch and then Thor, Mudslide and Indigo arrived. A section hiker, Waynes World, hiking from Hot Springs to Erwin arrived and we talked awhile. We then began hiking. At around 3 pm we arrived at Spring Mnt shelter. I had cellphone service and called the wife and told her how cold I was last night and she checked the weather and found that it was going to be colder tonight. So I decided to stay at the Hemlock Hollow Hostel which was about 7 miles from Spring Mnt shelter. I told Chaco and the other that I didnt want to have another night of no sleep and freezing to death, so I was going to split up from them. they hiked on and I sat around the shelter for a little bit soaking in being on the trail and not at work. EZ-does-it showed up and we talked a little while and I told him of my plans of staying in the Hostel, and he decided he would as well. As we were talking a couple hiked up, Bogie and Bacall walked up. They section hiked the entire trail and then this year they decided to thru hike. They asked where we were staying tonight and we told them and they decided to come along. When we hiked down to Allen gap, we saw a sign that said Trail magic 350 yards down the road. We walked down to the house and Chaco and his buddies were hiking out from there and told us we would enjoy the food. We were then meet by Hercules and his wife Fal, who thru hiked in 1999. they invited us in and served us a big hot homemade Belgin waffle, big bowl of homemade stew and dessert. Then witnessed about Christ's love to us. they are great Christian people who care alot about hikers. They said they do this everyday from morning until 6:30 pm except on Sundays. After we ate we hiked to the Hostel, and got a bunk in the bunkhouse with a hot shower for $18.

April 30, 2008
This morning I got a shuttle to Sams Gap and picked up my car. After getting my car I went and got pizza, beer and chips and took it to Camp Creek Bald where I meet with Chaco and the guys, and they were happy to see me with beer and pizza. I visited with them a while and then left and drove home.

Man I had a blast visiting with my brother Chaco and meeting the cool guys he was hiking with, I plan on getting out with him again next month.

Once I got home my wife gave me the best news in a while, She is PREGNANT.

wakapak
05-01-2008, 23:36
Sounds like it was a great time Little Bear!!! and again, Congrats on the wonderful news!! :)

I look forward to getting out there with him in just 2 weeks!!! :D

Chaco Taco
05-03-2008, 11:27
At Uncle Johnnys today. Planning on leaving after I get a shuttle to resupply.

WAY TO GO LITTLE BEAR and HONEYSUCKLE!

warraghiyagey
05-03-2008, 11:39
Hey CC, see you're having a great hike. Sweeeeet. And about to get sweeter I understand.:sun:sun:sun

wakapak
05-03-2008, 12:35
Hey CC, see you're having a great hike. Sweeeeet. And about to get sweeter I understand.:sun:sun:sun

Heehee...:sun :sun

wakapak
05-03-2008, 22:42
CC...have a beautiful hike outta Erwin...some of my favorite stuff is between there and Kincora Hostel...:) sorry about the phone thing.....

If you stop in to Kincora, please give Bob and Pat a hug for me, they are wonderful people!!

Not much longer, not much longer at all...miss you and can't wait to see you! ;) :sun

Chaco Taco
05-04-2008, 09:02
Heehee...:sun :sun
Yes it is about to get sweeter. So Wak, would this be considered our second "date"? Haha!:jump

wakapak
05-04-2008, 09:40
Yes it is about to get sweeter. So Wak, would this be considered our second "date"? Haha!:jump

Chaco, did we really even have a first "date" ??? :p ;) lol!!
Never quite thought of it that way, but i suppose some people would call it that! :p :) We all know though, how i feel about that word anyway!! ;) :p :D

See ya soon!! :sun

warraghiyagey
05-04-2008, 09:56
waknoodles

wakapak
05-04-2008, 10:26
waknoodles

Shhh...i dont think he knew about that name...:p :o

warraghiyagey
05-04-2008, 10:34
Shhh...i dont think he knew about that name...:p :o

WOOOOOOPS . . . oh, I mean . . . woooooops.:o:p

wakapak
05-04-2008, 10:51
WOOOOOOPS . . . oh, I mean . . . woooooops.:o:p

oh warrgy....i think they're missin you in your thread...yupperdoodle, i hear em callin you back there....:p :rolleyes: :D

warraghiyagey
05-04-2008, 10:58
Hey, I just went back there and there was nobody there. You tricked me.:mad:

wakapak
05-04-2008, 11:01
Hey, I just went back there and there was nobody there. You tricked me.:mad:

me?!?! i would never do that!! :)

there's talk of angry smurfs and what colors they turn there...

and now i'll stop hijackin Chaco's thread...:p :D

little bear
05-09-2008, 10:32
anyone heard from Col, where is he.

wakapak
05-09-2008, 14:35
anyone heard from Col, where is he.

Somewhere between Erwin and Damascus....last I heard from him was on Sunday morning before he was heading outta Erwin. He said then he wasn't sure if he was stopping anywhere in between, possibly at Kincora Hostel. Its about 122 miles between the two towns though. My guess, and it's only that, is that he'll be in Damascus either Sunday or Monday...

Jack Tarlin
05-09-2008, 16:53
He should be an Kincora tonight or tomorrow, latest.

wakapak
05-10-2008, 08:49
Just had a voicemail from Chaco, haven't gotten to actually talk to him yet. He is at Kincora Hostel, I guess he got there late last nite. In the message he said he may stay there today or hiker out later today...he was getting on a shuttle to go into town to the PO and stuff. I'll post more later if we get to talk!!

warraghiyagey
05-10-2008, 12:31
The countdown is nearly over, have a great hike Waknoo er Wakjen or Wakapak.:D

wakapak
05-10-2008, 14:21
The countdown is nearly over, have a great hike Waknoo er Wakjen or Wakapak.:D

Thanks Warrgybe...i mean Warrgy!! :D

wakapak
05-10-2008, 14:22
Just talked to Chaco a little while ago....he was plannin on leaving Kincora today and hiking about 10 miles, then doing large miles tomorrow and maybe gettin to Damascus tomorrow nite!! :)

Jack Tarlin
05-10-2008, 14:29
If he's only doing ten out of Kincora today, that leaves 40-odd miles to Damascus; kinda doubtful he'll do all that by tomorrow night.

I think it likelier he'll be in around mid-day on Monday.

wakapak
05-10-2008, 14:31
If he's only doing ten out of Kincora today, that leaves 40-odd miles to Damascus; kinda doubtful he'll do all that by tomorrow night.

I think it likelier he'll be in around mid-day on Monday.

well, he said that they were shooting for the 40 miles tomorrow...who knows though! he said he did 32 yesterday to get to Kincora...no worries, i'll slow him down when i get out there! lol! :rolleyes: :p :D

Roots
05-10-2008, 15:45
well, he said that they were shooting for the 40 miles tomorrow...who knows though! he said he did 32 yesterday to get to Kincora...no worries, i'll slow him down when i get out there! lol! :rolleyes: :p :D

GOOD LORD!!!:eek:

At that pace, how the he-- did I ever hike with him. :D

I think Damascus is calling his name. Please tell him I said hello. Is he going to be around for Trail days? Gungho and I should be in around 2 or 3 Friday. We are hiking in. Hope to see him and many others. I miss everyone and especially the trail.

wakapak
05-10-2008, 18:44
GOOD LORD!!!:eek:

At that pace, how the he-- did I ever hike with him. :D

I think Damascus is calling his name. Please tell him I said hello. Is he going to be around for Trail days? Gungho and I should be in around 2 or 3 Friday. We are hiking in. Hope to see him and many others. I miss everyone and especially the trail.

Yeah, it must be callin his name!! he will be there for TD's...i'm not gettin there till sometime on Friday too, but I'll let him know you say Hi and that you'll be there!! look forward to meeting you and Gungho!! :)

wakapak
05-12-2008, 06:45
Chaaaacccoooo!!! oh Chaaacccoo!!!!! I'm coming for you!!! :D :sun

See ya in a few days!!!!!!!!! :D :banana

vonfrick
05-12-2008, 07:36
Chaaaacccoooo!!! oh Chaaacccoo!!!!! I'm coming for you!!! :D :sun

See ya in a few days!!!!!!!!! :D :banana

that is sooooo cute...have fun you two ;):sun

Chaco Taco
05-14-2008, 08:27
Time to settle down the rumors circulating about me. NO I didnt get arrested. Mudslide and I met some locals and ended up in Johnson City.

Wakapak, hurry!!!

wakapak
05-14-2008, 16:36
Time to settle down the rumors circulating about me. NO I didnt get arrested. Mudslide and I met some locals and ended up in Johnson City.

Wakapak, hurry!!!

OH my!! :eek: ended up in JC huh?? now that's kinda ironic...lol!! :p

I'm hurrrying....will be there thursday nite around 10pm!!! yay!! :D

Chaco Taco
05-15-2008, 08:11
Pops is on his way. Wow what a crazy town. Traildaze is already a blast. :sun

wakapak
05-15-2008, 09:44
Pops is on his way. Wow what a crazy town. Traildaze is already a blast. :sun

I'm sure it is already a blast!! :) on my way down there today!! YAY!! :D

vonfrick
05-15-2008, 09:46
hey wak!! have fun!

wakapak
05-15-2008, 09:48
hey wak!! have fun!

thanks Frick!! i'm sure i will!! ;) :D :sun

Wonder
05-15-2008, 11:00
I finally met Chaco....aptly, at Dot's....he seems to be doing well and still having a blast!

TOW
05-15-2008, 11:59
Chaco had breakfast here this morning. He said before he left that he had never eaten polecat before but he looks forward to trapping a few along the trail and cooking them up for his friends. I'd like to be there to witness that.

Chaco Taco
05-15-2008, 13:12
Boo:dance

d'shadow
05-15-2008, 13:48
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/1/1_4_46.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk762OEUS) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_22_27.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk762OEUS) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_4_145.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk762OEUS)
Chaco had breakfast here this morning. He said before he left that he had never eaten polecat before but he looks forward to trapping a few along the trail and cooking them up for his friends. I'd like to be there to witness that.

Yummmmmmmmmmy

Wish I could have made it to Trail Days, lift a few for me! Have Fun chacotaco:banana

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZNxmk762OEUS (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb114_ZNxmk762OEUS&utm_id=7922)

Roots
05-20-2008, 10:15
I got some good pics of Chaco and Wakapak. Check out my images. The boa is a nice touch to Chaco!! HEEHEE:D

Chaco Taco
05-23-2008, 16:34
Thanks Roots. Me and Wak are at The Barn near Atkins eatting Burgers. Having a blast, weather is awesome

Chaco Taco
05-23-2008, 16:36
Oh yea, Old Buzzard, if you are on here, you are on notice for the a**hole comment in the shelter log about the OSU Boys, Im coming for you you SOB!!!!!! Everyone, stay away from this guy!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Roots
05-23-2008, 17:03
Thanks Roots. Me and Wak are at The Barn near Atkins eatting Burgers. Having a blast, weather is awesome
CHACO AND WAK.....HHHEEEEYYYYY!!!!! I am so glad to hear you guys are good!! How is the nose feeling.:D Have fun eating those yummy burgers and definitely keep us updated. I miss you guys!!!! :sun

Chaco Taco
06-01-2008, 09:48
We are at the Hiker Feed near Piney Swamp shelter. Heading out in a few. Love you all

jessicacomp
06-01-2008, 17:08
all of you need to get up north to Front Royal. That is where I am hanging with my bursitis and I long to see everyone. Walk fast! :)

gungho
06-01-2008, 17:52
We are at the Hiker Feed near Piney Swamp shelter. Heading out in a few. Love you all

Glad to hear Ya'll are doing fine. Good luck on the rest of your hike. Maybe our paths will meet again soon.

Thru Hiker Wife
06-02-2008, 13:51
Glad to hear you all are having a great time. Please tell Wak I says Hello and miss her!

Thru Hiker Wife
06-02-2008, 13:52
Oh, and also please let her know that the thread has grown lazy with her absence and that all the plants are dead (except the cactus) per Taildragger and...and...and...

seaside
06-02-2008, 15:53

Keep the spirit! I may be at BRS.

wakapak
06-04-2008, 14:28
hey!! we are now in Daleville...sort of...came here from Catawba but going back there tomorrow to hit the Homeplace then get on trail towards McAfee and Tinker Cliffs and north!! Things are great!! had an interesting hike over Dragons Tooth in rain, but once down and at Catawba Grocery, an awesome woman took 8 of us into her home for the nite, let us shower, do laundry and fed us!! Gotta love the people out here!! :)

warraghiyagey
06-04-2008, 14:31
and that all the plants are dead (except the cactus) per Taildragger and...and...and...

Hee hee.:p:)

wakapak
06-04-2008, 14:32
Glad to hear you all are having a great time. Please tell Wak I says Hello and miss her!

Oh, and also please let her know that the thread has grown lazy with her absence and that all the plants are dead (except the cactus) per Taildragger and...and...and...

Dang!!! how come you fools can't keep plants alive!?!? lol!!! :p

Thru Hiker Wife
06-04-2008, 14:38
Cause that's your job. :) Miss you!!!!

Chaco Taco
06-04-2008, 14:48
Damn thread jackers:)

I got kilted today, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:sun

warraghiyagey
06-04-2008, 14:50

Oh no! Chaco's dead. . . . and somehow still posting.:-?:p

Thru Hiker Wife
06-04-2008, 15:28
Oooo, scary.

Hi, dead Chaco!

Is it really thread jacking when we are speaking to one of your halves? Hmmmmmm?!?!?!?

MyName1sMud
06-04-2008, 16:12
So how far are you guys along? Getting on up the hill I hope!

Chaco Taco
06-05-2008, 08:21
So how far are you guys along? Getting on up the hill I hope!

Catawba area. The heat is really kickin in today. Doing early mornings with long breaks in the day and hiking til dark to avoid heat.

Chaco Taco
06-05-2008, 08:22
Oooo, scary.

Hi, dead Chaco!

Is it really thread jacking when we are speaking to one of your halves? Hmmmmmm?!?!?!?

Ok ok, I guess that can slide.

How are you doing?:sun

Roots
06-05-2008, 08:29
Hey Chaco and Wakapak!! Good to hear you guys are doing well. Hope you try and stay cool, the heat is pumping. :eek: Miss you guys and thanks for the update. :sun

Thru Hiker Wife
06-05-2008, 09:42

Wonderful.:sun Thank you for asking.

So glad that you two are enjoying your hike. Hike on and keep in touch when you can!!!

seaside
06-05-2008, 10:01

Glad to see that everything is progressing. Can't wait to see the kilt over those legs. BRS will be surprised to see Chaco kilted. Oh, is the kilt pink?

seaside
06-05-2008, 10:04

Where is Thor?

wakapak
06-05-2008, 10:56
Hey Roots and THW!!! yes, we are having a blast and doing our best to stay cool in this heat!! :sun

wakapak
06-05-2008, 10:56
Where is Thor?

That is the question of the week....we are not sure...

Lone Wolf
06-05-2008, 10:58
thor hiked out of damascus not too long ago

jessicacomp
06-05-2008, 12:22
Ah, Thor 's on the trail? That makes sense...there were some bad thunder storms up in northern Va and Md, which must have just been caused by Thor's feet hitting the trail again.

Chaco Taco
06-07-2008, 13:03
THOR ANGRY!!!!
Anyone that spots this guy, Hug him!!!

THOR HAVE COOKIE!

Chaco Taco
06-07-2008, 13:04
Freakin HOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTT:sun

little bear
06-07-2008, 15:18
hey man glad to hear that all is going well.......are u married yet...hehehe so you say its gettting hot up there....so I would not be FTD.

Mrs Baggins
06-07-2008, 15:20

:D oooooooo I do like a man in kilt :D

Chaco Taco
06-09-2008, 06:24
Finally leaving Daleville, VA

vonfrick
06-09-2008, 09:30
hey man glad to hear that all is going well.......are u married yet...hehehe so you say its gettting hot up there....so I would not be FTD.

what?!?! YAY!!! :sun:D

Chaco Taco
06-10-2008, 13:20
IM MELTING!!!!!!:dance

warraghiyagey
06-11-2008, 10:02
IM MELTING!!!!!!:dance
He's a WITCH!!! Get him!!!!!!

envirodiver
06-11-2008, 12:01

He turned me into a newt.

Glad you and Wakajen are having a good time Chaco.

Chaco Taco
06-16-2008, 19:51
Waynesboro, VA on Monday. Heading to my old high school at Swift Run Gap and 33 out of Charlottesville, VA Cant wait to see the old place..

Jim Adams
06-16-2008, 20:00
Chaco,
send me a mail drop address and date for you and Wak.

geek

wakapak
06-16-2008, 20:15
Chaco,

geek

Geek!! We'll get back to you in the next day on that one!! I get off the trail for a few days next week for a conference I have to go to, but will return on trail wherever he is at!! Once we figure that out, I'll let ya know a good place to send something...probably be somewhere in PA really!! YAY, we are FINALLY getting outta Virginia!!! :)

Lone Wolf
06-16-2008, 20:25
Geek!! We'll get back to you in the next day on that one!! I get off the trail for a few days next week for a conference I have to go to, but will return on trail wherever he is at!! Once we figure that out, I'll let ya know a good place to send something...probably be somewhere in PA really!! YAY, we are FINALLY getting outta Virginia!!! :)

virginny is for lovers. don't rush off

Chaco Taco
06-16-2008, 22:20
I have enjoyed the hell outta VA. Just ready to move on. VA is really longand tougher than I anticipated. We really want to come back to Damascus and visit you and Gypsy sometime after this all over with.

virginny is for lovers. don't rush off

Chaco Taco
06-16-2008, 22:20
Can you come out and play with us sometime man?

Chaco,

geek

wakapak
06-16-2008, 23:08
Can you come out and play with us sometime man?

yeah!! can you Geek???? Puhhh-leeasse??!!!! :D

Heater
06-16-2008, 23:48

No he's not.

Chaco Taco
06-17-2008, 01:28
Just dont burn me:cool:

Heater
06-17-2008, 02:05

Lick the runner...

warraghiyagey
06-17-2008, 06:24
Would never do that. Witches are good for the environment.

Chaco Taco
06-17-2008, 08:20
Bring out your dead:)

Would never do that. Witches are good for the environment.

vonfrick
06-17-2008, 11:44
Bring out your dead:)

i'm not dead yet!! :)

envirodiver
06-17-2008, 12:42
i'm not dead yet!! :)

Yes she is! Pay no attention to her.

vonfrick
06-17-2008, 14:19
Yes she is! Pay no attention to her.

i feel HAPPY!! :sun

warraghiyagey
06-17-2008, 14:31
I like cheesecake

wakapak
06-17-2008, 15:02
oh wow...what is going on in here!?!?!

envirodiver
06-17-2008, 15:09

Some sort of thread drift I think.

seaside
06-17-2008, 17:01

I believe Chaco and Wak are at the Grace Lutheran Church Hostel in Waynesboro until tomorrow morning. Meeting up with Johnny Thunder and Matthewski today, and enjoying a good evening before they head North tomorrow morning. I do know they are going to stop off at the school that Chaco attended for high school on Friday.

Chaco Taco
06-17-2008, 20:17
Hey all. Just posted a bunch of our pictures on TJ's
Heading out in the am. Grace Lutheran is a great place to stay. They helped me in so many ways here. Thanks you guys.

Chaco Taco
06-17-2008, 20:18
i Feel Happy!! :sun

Run Away!!!

vonfrick
06-17-2008, 21:48

Some sort of thread drift I think.

Run Away!!!

get the Holy Hand Grenade!! :)

glad you guys are havin' fun :sun

warraghiyagey
06-18-2008, 01:09
Holy Poop!!!!!!!!!!

Chaco Taco
06-18-2008, 08:23
Adios all. Talk to you guys real soon. Shenandoahs, here we come.

Chaco Taco
06-20-2008, 10:38
We are at my high school in Dyke, VA and heading up to Swift Run Gap to jump back on later.

jessicacomp
06-20-2008, 11:37
please please please try to get to caledonia state park (175 miles north of you) next weekend. I am going to go camping with my family there and then get back on the trail. We will have so much beer and food for you guys if you're there.

vonfrick
06-20-2008, 11:51
please please please try to get to caledonia state park (175 miles north of you) next weekend. I am going to go camping with my family there and then get back on the trail. We will have so much beer and food for you guys if you're there.

can i come? :D:sun

seaside
06-24-2008, 13:09
If anyone sees Colonel Chaco in the next two days, please let him know he has a package at Outfitters in Harpers Ferry, to arrive by Thursday afternoon. I don't know if he is expecting other drops in HF or not. Thanks.

Jack Tarlin
06-24-2008, 13:11
I will certainly see him/find him when he gets here, and will let him know. More than likely, I'll be the one that hands him the package!

seaside
06-24-2008, 15:49
I will certainly see him/find him when he gets here, and will let him know. More than likely, I'll be the one that hands him the package!

Thank you. I spoke with him about an hour ago and he was in Front Royal. They plan to be in Harpers Ferry around noon on Saturday.

Chaco Taco
06-24-2008, 20:27
We are in Front Royal tQuality Inn. Just found out that I got a free pair Chaco's from Chaco shoe company. Im reclaiming my name as of Harpers Ferry. Wak has to leave til Sunday so Im out tommorow pushing to PA by Sunday. Doing the 4 State Challenge. See yall soon. Mile 1000, here I come.

trailangelmary
06-24-2008, 22:56
Go Chaco Go

Chaco Taco
06-27-2008, 12:36
Just did Front Royal to Harpers Ferry in 48 hours. Good to be here!!!! Going to pick up my package from Chaco Shoes. Time to celebrate !!!

jessicacomp
06-27-2008, 12:40
Chaco, I called your gf and left her a message. She hasnt called back but just let me know if I can be of help with transportation.

wakapak
06-27-2008, 14:43
WAY TO GO BABY!!!! have fun but not too much without me!!!
see you on sunday afternoon/evening!!
MISS YOU, LOVE YOU!!!

Two Beers....no cell servic where i'm at believe it or not, but yes, computer access..weird. anyway, i am all set with a ride....getting a ride from hagerstown maryland to the free state hiker hostel on sunday from a woman that the hostel put me in touch with. Thanks for the offer of helping though! i'm sure i'll meet you soon!!

Gray Blazer
06-27-2008, 15:47
I know for a fact that he passed hogback ridge shelter because I read his entry there.

Blissful
06-27-2008, 19:44
Way to go!

wakapak
06-28-2008, 11:54
if anyone sees Chaco in Harpers Ferry there, please tell him that i am meeting him at the Free State Hiker Hostel on sunday...he's got a pm here from me about it, but it looks like he hasn't logged back on and i do not have cell service where i am!
Thanks!!!
miss you and love you Chaco!

trailangelmary
06-28-2008, 12:05
Hey Wakapak. I'll send Baltimore Jack a pm about this to make sure he sees it to tell Chaco. BJ is in HF now.

Jack Tarlin
06-28-2008, 22:44
Chaco knows about the rendezvous with his friend and will make every effort to be there on time.

Thanx, Mary.

Chaco Taco
06-29-2008, 18:10
Thanks all, just reunited with Wak at Free State. Johnny and all kinda ditched me so i went on without them to attempt the challenge but had to stop because its just not worth it. Plus this hostel is PHAT!!!!
Jack, thank you for all of your help in HF. Sometimes I wonder what Id do without you my friend!!! See you soon!
Taking a half day to recoop tommorow then heading out.

Mary, we will be in Duncannon on Thursday regardless if we make the miles. trail aint goin anywhere. I want to trade some recipes!!!!

trailangelmary
06-29-2008, 18:28
See you Thursday

jessicacomp
06-29-2008, 18:39
yay, i'll see you on thursday chaco. i'm glad all worked out reuniting with wak, sorry i couldnt be of more assistance!

Chaco Taco
06-29-2008, 20:40
Its allgood girl. We just had no clue about anyone to shuttle and where we were going meet. It all worked out. See you soon. Im so psyched about next weekend.

Chaco Taco
07-05-2008, 21:55
At the Doyle tonite with Johnny, Mattie, The Dude, Mary, Two Beers, Banjo, Keychain, Bobcat, Wak, Rock and Roll, Happy, Zen, Orion, Longshot, The Thinker. Had an awesome 4th at Billville. Left a cool message with Jester from the Class of 08. His mother came to hang out with us. Great time and fun had by all.

Slo-go'en
07-06-2008, 00:42
Sounds like the gang is all there! I'll be at the DWG July 14 or 15th and hiking north for a couple / three weeks. Hope to join up with you all again.

Chaco Taco
07-06-2008, 13:19
08 08 08 08.....08..08....080808080808080808...08..08.08

seaside
07-09-2008, 12:30
Talked to Chaco this morning. He and Wakapak are headed into Port Clinton PA. They are loving the scenery of PA. This is Chaco's first trip above the Mason Dixon line. He did have an equipment malfunction and is needing to replace chest straps on his Go Lite Pinnacle pack. I called Go Lite and they are graciously sending him straps, no charge. Very easy to work with.

Jack Tarlin
07-09-2008, 17:17
We were in Port Clinton today around three, shutting a couple of hikers. No sign of Chaco then, but he should have good company at the picnic pavillion tonight; also, the folks at the Port Clinton Hotel,as always, are hiker-friendly. Should be a good stop for C&W. We'll look for them again in Vermont in a few weeks.

trailangelmary
07-10-2008, 00:54
There were some hiking poles and hiking staffs still here on my balcony after all 08ers were gone from Duncannon on Sunday. Did hikers forget them? And do they need them? Contact me.

seaside
07-11-2008, 10:11
Talked to Chaco this morning. At the Pinnacle, proceeding north, with Wakapak, Matthewski, and Shua.

trailangelmary
07-11-2008, 16:45
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tGL4d660DRs

08 08 08 08.....08..08....080808080808080808...08..08.08

The link above is some of the 08ers hiking and singing their chant!

Roots
07-12-2008, 12:16
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tGL4d660DRs

The link above is some of the 08ers hiking and singing their chant!

That was awesome!!!! I love them guys and gals! Thanks for the link, Trailangelmary!!:)

Mother's Finest
07-14-2008, 15:46
I met Chaco and Wak yesterday when I was meeting my boys......Cool Cats, great group to hike with.

Hope the storms last night were not too bad.

peace
mf

Chaco Taco
07-18-2008, 15:42
In Vernon, NJ with Wak and Matthewski. Very very hot today. AT the Episcopal Church cooling off. I guess the hammer has been laid down around here. Good to see. Hope everyone is having agreat summer. Thanks Mary for the video. We love you.
Little Bear, i lost your number please PM it to me so I can call you.
Dad, got the new pack.
Im out!

Jason of the Woods
07-18-2008, 17:03
Ha, that video is great. See the kilt is the only way to go.;)

Chaco Taco
07-18-2008, 18:04
You have no idea how awesome they are til you try one. Easy access for bathroom. If you get sweaty, just lift it up during a nice breeze. :sun