PDA

View Full Version : Hiker Fool Bash is this Weekend

Ron Haven
03-24-2008, 22:41
All are welcome and if you are coming many hikers are looking for a ride to Franklin.If you can help please post it to ride share.Here is a link to our schedule. http://www.appalachiantrailservices.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=115

See you there :banana

Wonder
03-25-2008, 07:57
I hope to see y'all for a bit on sat.!

Bulldawg
03-25-2008, 08:07
Tell me a little more about what goes on and for how long. I have to work Saturday, but will be hiking somewhere Saturday. I am not far from Franklin. Is there anything that goes on that is inappropriate for a 7 year old on Sunday?

Jack Tarlin
03-25-2008, 14:50
There will be plenty of good food, some great music provided by some fine local musicians, there will most likely be some social beer drinking. In other words, the weekend is perfectly appropriate for anyone to attend.

Ron Haven
03-25-2008, 14:57
John,
We have a great social gathering;)

Skidsteer
03-25-2008, 18:14
I hope to see y'all for a bit on sat.!

A bit?

Where you rushin' off to? :)

Bulldawg
03-25-2008, 18:20
There will be plenty of good food, some great music provided by some fine local musicians, there will most likely be some social beer drinking. In other words, the weekend is perfectly appropriate for anyone to attend.

So if I have a 6 and a 7 year old who idolize hikers and ask thousands of questions of hikers (and have been around "social" beer drinking), I would be OK to come on up to Franklin? So long as there will be good music, good eats, and no inappropriate behavior Sunday, I very well may be there. What times?

Lone Wolf
03-25-2008, 19:17
A bit?

Where you rushin' off to? :)

to asheville saturday nite for a Drive By Truckers show at the Orange Peel with 8 other trashy folks. me included :)

Skidsteer
03-25-2008, 19:25
to asheville saturday nite for a Drive By Truckers show at the Orange Peel with 8 other trashy folks. me included :)

Oh. Well. Understandable.

Not fair, but understandable.

Mother Nature
03-25-2008, 19:44
So if I have a 6 and a 7 year old who idolize hikers and ask thousands of questions of hikers (and have been around "social" beer drinking), I would be OK to come on up to Franklin? So long as there will be good music, good eats, and no inappropriate behavior Sunday, I very well may be there. What times?

There might be a lot of smiling, laughing, music, dancing, and food.:sun

Smokestack and I will be there.

Bulldawg
03-25-2008, 20:18
So the goings on will still be going on Sunday afternoon? Do I have time for a 3 or 4 miler somewhere close with the kids and then to come over to Ron's?

Skidsteer
03-25-2008, 20:21
So the goings on will still be going on Sunday afternoon? Do I have time for a 3 or 4 miler somewhere close with the kids and then to come over to Ron's?

It'll most likely be winding down by then.

Here's a tentative schedule:

http://www.appalachiantrailservices.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=115

Bulldawg
03-25-2008, 20:26
It'll most likely be winding down by then.

Here's a tentative schedule:

http://www.appalachiantrailservices.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=115

Hmmm, looks like I'll be missing it then. i have a prior commitment Saturday. Maybe next year.

Ron Haven
03-25-2008, 22:02
I hope to see y'all for a bit on sat.!we will be glad to see all you Damascus folks :D

Ron Haven
03-25-2008, 22:04
Hmmm, looks like I'll be missing it then. i have a prior commitment Saturday. Maybe next year.If you can come the kids are very welcome too.I have a pair of twin boys 10yrs old who thinks the bash is great also.

Bulldawg
03-25-2008, 22:08
Wish I could Ron, really, but I work this Saturday until 2 then my wife has us committed to some snazzy birthday party for some doctor she works with. But the BD Party has free booze, free food, and live band. Almost as good as Ron haven's, but no hiker trash!! I'll catch you guys next year for sure!!

Wonder
03-26-2008, 09:53
we will be glad to see all you Damascus folks :D

Sorry to disappoint.....but if I make it....I think that only D-Town reps will be me, and the honorary Damascinian, Yuma.
We're the cool kids that are going to Asheville on friday for another show.:rolleyes:

Roots
03-26-2008, 10:52
Hey Ron, I swear one of these years I am going to get to come!!! I start out at Springer Tuesday(for my Springer to Newfound Gap section), so I am spending my last weekend at home with my daughter and Gungho. I can't wait to see you in a couple weeks or so. I hope everyone has a great time and stays safe. Hopefully I'll get to see you all at Trail days.

OH YEAH...You guys don't do anything I wouldn't do!!! ;)

Ron Haven
03-26-2008, 19:34
Hey Ron, I swear one of these years I am going to get to come!!! I start out at Springer Tuesday(for my Springer to Newfound Gap section), so I am spending my last weekend at home with my daughter and Gungho. I can't wait to see you in a couple weeks or so. I hope everyone has a great time and stays safe. Hopefully I'll get to see you all at Trail days.

OH YEAH...You guys don't do anything I wouldn't do!!! ;)If you don't make it plan on stopping in Franklin as you come thru on your way to New Found :D Also if any one will be in the are from the NOC to Fontana,many are looking for rides even though the limo's are ready if they are called upon

Ron Haven
03-26-2008, 22:12
We have only 7 unreserved rooms at Sapphire Inn left as of 3/26 but have several at Budget at this time :D

Skidsteer
03-26-2008, 22:16
We have only 7 unreserved rooms at Sapphire Inn left as of 3/26 but have several at Budget at this time :D

Sounds close enough to a full house!

Looking forward to it.

Ron Haven
03-26-2008, 22:21
Sounds close enough to a full house!

Looking forward to it.It is getting there.I was informed that a porto pottie was delivered this afternoon for tenters.We have room at Sapphire Inn for about 40 tents.

Big Oz
03-26-2008, 23:42
is the rooms by the food taken?

Almost There
03-26-2008, 23:48
Got my room reserved for Saturday night!!! See y'all there!

TOW
03-27-2008, 08:02
we will be glad to see all you Damascus folks :D
Wish I could come, I sure would like to attend. But as usual I hardly have any money and have to work to make more money to pay the bills........

Ron Haven
03-27-2008, 22:24
Wish I could come, I sure would like to attend. But as usual I hardly have any money and have to work to make more money to pay the bills........TOW we are gearing up to start tomorrow.Maybe soon you can come to one of them:welcome

Ron Haven
03-28-2008, 21:31
it is going strong:banana

Jaybird62
03-28-2008, 21:33

How i wish how i wish i was there with all you cool folks......Have a frickin blast ron, hopefully someday i will have the privelege of attending 1 of your events........

gungho
03-29-2008, 14:30
Sure, rub it in

Smile
03-29-2008, 15:16
Wish I was there too! I remember hearing all about it from Solace in 06, he almost had me convinced to get off trail and head over! Sounds like a blast, you guys enjoy yourselves, looking forward to the Party Report! :)

dixicritter
03-29-2008, 15:31
Oh sure... Have fun without us. See if we care!

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/sad055.gif

OK We care... We Care! We want lots of pictures, and a full report! Pronto!

wakapak
03-29-2008, 15:51
Have a blast!!! Wish i was there too!!! Can't wait to hear about it!!

Trillium
03-29-2008, 16:23
Fishin' called a short while ago and it sure does sound like they are having a lot of fun! wish I was there!

Hello to GatorAid!

Think Spring
03-29-2008, 19:58
It's 7:55PM on Saturday evening, I have a VERY full tummy, and we're having a GREAT time here a the Bash in Franklin. For those of you that missed it this year, perhaps you can make it next year? For certain, I'LL be back.....:sun

bigben
03-29-2008, 20:45
Think Spring!

Shoot Bigben an e-mail or call me. Want to hear all about it!

Bigben

Skidsteer
03-30-2008, 18:14
Probably the best Bash so far.

Last night especially was great. We had music and comedy, told lies late into the night, caught up with old friends, met new ones, and ate some fantastic food(Thanks Solace and KTR!).

Great job Ron, Maricella, and crew. You guys are the best!

Tin Man
03-30-2008, 22:54
Ron, congrats on a successful bash. After all the previous talk about hikers trashing hotels (or not), can you tell us did these bashers behave? :eek:

Ron Haven
03-30-2008, 23:40
Ron, congrats on a successful bash. After all the previous talk about hikers trashing hotels (or not), can you tell us did these bashers behave? :eek:these were good hikers :banana

Jaybird62
03-30-2008, 23:49
these were good hikers :banana

That is GREAT news:D

Mother Nature
03-31-2008, 07:49
these were good hikers :banana

Thanks, Ron. I tried to create a thread when I got home expressing my thanks to you and the great cooks. Guess I screwed up my entry but it never hurts to say it again. HA! Thanks, Ron! Thanks KTR and Solace.

Enjoyed meeting everyone!

MN