PDA

View Full Version : Thermarest Trekker Chair

joec
03-26-2008, 09:25
I broke down and bought my wife and I a Trekker chair to fit our thermarest pads. Never thought I would buy such a thing, I also used to think that way about hiking poles, but it was the only thing that could solve the only part of hiking that was uncomfortable for me. After a long day hiking, I usually hit the hammock or tent early as it is uncomfortable setting around talking at the campsite as the ground is rocky etc and just plain hard to get in a position for any length of time. On the way back from our most recent hike, I stopped in REI, armed with a nice dividend coupon and said what the heck. I have only set in it here at home but I can see the benefit. I will only use it when my wife is along with me. It weights 14 oz so I will not take it on my solos, but when with others, it will be worth the weight. I wonder how many other folks feel this is a worthy item?

SouthMark
03-26-2008, 10:09
I just bought a Big Agnus version "Cyclone SL Chair kit" at only 6 oz.

twency
03-26-2008, 11:02
I just bought a Big Agnus version "Cyclone SL Chair kit" at only 6 oz.
Does the Big Agnes chair work with non BA pads, such as Thermarests?

SouthMark
03-26-2008, 11:22
Yes, it works with all pads. I use mine with a thermarest and with a POC insul mat. I ordered mine from Campsaver.com.

Blissful
03-26-2008, 12:04
I carried my thermarest seat cushion throughout my hike. It was my luxury item.

Ramble~On
03-26-2008, 13:17
I picked up a Thermarest kit a while back. 14oz hasn't killed me yet and the comfort provided by this chair is worth it especially when sitting around cooking.