PDA

View Full Version : Need Cohutta, shining rock data

hootyhoo
03-26-2008, 10:20
Hi. I would like to find out if Cohutta is dog friendly. I know that Big Frog is leash optional due to lack of patrolling government officials.
I would like to know actuals on Cohutta. I am aware that they have leash ordinance, but is it enforced?
Any real, relevant info would be appreciated. For those that like to just chime in and say stupid stuff- take it to another post please. That includes moral advice. Thanks
Shining Rock - I was there this time last year, sorta pre-drought, and was wondering if there was water in most usual locations. Going over for 5 days and about 60 miles. I am doing Green Mountain trail loop, up to Cold Mountain, and back. Various trails. Most of it I know will have some water, but the springs are my concern -especially Cold Mountain. Thanks.
I would go into more trail detail, but that g dammed dancing banana is bugging the crap out me.

Cuffs
03-26-2008, 10:31
If there is a leash law, then obey it, whether there are enforcement officials in the area or not.

envirodiver
03-26-2008, 13:56
Observe the leash laws that exist. The fact that they don't patrol does not make it leash optional.

I was in Shining Rock a couple of weeks ago and there was water aplenty.

Would go into more detail but I'm mesmerized by the dancing banana.

jesse
03-26-2008, 14:29
I have never seen any enforcement official in the Cohutta, but out of respect for others you should leash your dog.

Ramble~On
03-26-2008, 14:29
:bananaThis might be a good one to ask over in the dog forum:banana

take-a-knee
03-26-2008, 14:37
I have never seen any enforcement official in the Cohutta, but out of respect for others you should leash your dog.

If you get near the Jack's River in trout season you are likely to see them.

Tennessee Viking
03-26-2008, 15:06
I was just at Dyer Gap and S Jack River, plenty there. Waterfalls with plenty flow