PDA

View Full Version : vaude hot rod

Dogginfox
01-26-2004, 05:21
does anyone know what kind of fuel the hot rod stove by vaude uses? has anyone ever used one? how was it?

jlb2012
01-26-2004, 08:38
I think it uses the standard canisters - butane/propane mix

Coolabah
01-26-2004, 20:37
does anyone know what kind of fuel the hot rod stove by vaude uses? has anyone ever used one? how was it?

Yes I have one- err...two- uses standard cartridges i.e. gas fitting like the pocket rocket uses ( I am not convinced that it works well with the MSR canisters however- but that just could be me). I take it along when the whole tribe are hiking with me, the kids use it to cook their Ramen type stuff. My 10 year old can start it (piezo thingy) , adjust it , and cook a meal "all by himself"- I wouldn't let him get within shouting distance of a white gas stove. It does throw a narrow flame so you need to keep stirring if doing anything other than boiling water, but does simmer well. Seems good on fuel but I haven't done any scientific tests. Very light and compact. I don't do this too often but I actually bought a spare one -I like it so much -in case I couldn't replace it in the future (sick and tired of some companies discontinuing good stuff overnight before you realise it!!)