PDA

View Full Version : Can this be true!??!?!

wakapak
03-28-2008, 18:54
Wow...i just got on campsaver.com to check out prices on sleeping bags (since i desperately need a new one before getting on trail) and i cannot believe the prices on some things!!! amazing!!! Now i'm thinking of getting two bags since they will cost the same as one at most places!! :banana
Can this site really be that good!?!?

Jaybird62
03-28-2008, 18:56
I don't know but thanks for posting cuz i am needin me a new bag too. Tired of carrying my heavy,bulky el cheapo I got now.Sweet deals......

wakapak
03-28-2008, 18:57
I don't know but thanks for posting cuz i am needin me a new bag too. Tired of carrying my heavy,bulky el cheapo I got now.Sweet deals......

seriously!!! althought the cheaper ones i'm looking at are a tiny bit heavier, but shoot, two bags for just over 100 isn't bad....i'm debating that, or just using one the entire way...i'd like to get a down one and was looking at 20 degree or around there an thinking of using it the whole way even though it'd be warm in the summer....decisions, decisions!

Jaybird62
03-28-2008, 19:01
seriously!!! althought the cheaper ones i'm looking at are a tiny bit heavier, but shoot, two bags for just over 100 isn't bad....i'm debating that, or just using one the entire way...i'd like to get a down one and was looking at 20 degree or around there an thinking of using it the whole way even though it'd be warm in the summer....decisions, decisions!
Yeah I know what ya mean. I ran into a thru hiker this year out on the trail, and his suggestion to me was a 15 degree waterproof shelled down marmot bag. I think it's a good idea, although they are very expensive, with a lot of things, you get what u pay for....I think the single bag deal is the way to go(for me at least since I am far from rich:))

wakapak
03-28-2008, 19:04
Yeah, it seems that down is the lighter weight too....and trust me, i'm far from rich too!!

Cuffs
03-28-2008, 19:49
I got a great deal from campsaver on my Montbell Hugger a year ago, I would buy from them again.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
03-28-2008, 19:56
Another vote for Campsaver - I've bought several items from them - great prices and fast shipping. Haven't had to return anything so can't speak to their return policies.

Jaybird62
03-28-2008, 19:57
I got a great deal from campsaver on my Montbell Hugger a year ago, I would buy from them again.
Thanks for the heads up.....Good to hear some positive feedback:)

Jaybird62
03-28-2008, 19:57
Another vote for Campsaver - I've bought several items from them - great prices and fast shipping. Haven't had to return anything so can't speak to their return policies.

Thank u 2 Mrs. Dinosaur Lady......:sun

rafe
03-29-2008, 07:05
I bought my MH sleeping bag from them, about 15 months ago. Nice bag, no problems.

Roots
03-29-2008, 08:50
Gungho and I got our Montbell UL SS #2's from Campsaver in December. We got a free liner and free shipping. The bags were on sale and saved us, with the liners cost added in, almost $200. They have excellent customer service also. The bags actually got here before the estimated time of delivery.:)