PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in NH?

Chocolate Bandito
03-28-2008, 19:59
Any Whiteblazers in the Concord, NH area? It's still pretty snowy, but I'm definitely up for doing some dayhiking on the weekends. Shoot me a PM if you're interested :)

Sleepy the Arab
03-29-2008, 00:57
At least one, but he's a bit of a hermit.

TheTank
03-29-2008, 01:32
I am not in New Hampshire, but I am in upstate New York, and am always up for travel for a hike, especially travel for hiking in New Hampshire, especially on weekends.

wakapak
03-29-2008, 09:21
I'm in NH, not the Concord area, but always up for possible weekend hikes!! Only around for the next month though!!

Frosty
03-29-2008, 11:54
April and May are my least favorite months in the Whites. The trails always get post-holed badly in April and then they're muddy streams in May. I know, wah wah wah, but I'm thinking about hiking the Monadnock Sunapee Greenway and maybe the Wapack Trail again in a series of day hikes.

FeO2
03-29-2008, 12:33
April and May are my least favorite months in the Whites. The trails always get post-holed badly in April and then they're muddy streams in May. I know, wah wah wah, but I'm thinking about hiking the Monadnock Sunapee Greenway and maybe the Wapack Trail again in a series of day hikes.

Hi Frosty,

I hiked the MSGT last July. It was great, I didn't meet another sole on the whole trail except the first night at Spiltoir, a couple of day hikers stopped by.

The trail is not marked well from the north side of Monadnock at the new parking area for about two miles NOBO. I had to break out the compass and traverse some woods, but the trail blazes picked up again.

I started at route 124, south of Monadnock, I got to Mount Sunapee 4 days later, iot was rainy and misty, the top was erie, the abandoned lodge and lifts. I got great pictures!

It is a great hike!! Have fun!!

Frosty
03-29-2008, 14:01
Hi Frosty,

I hiked the MSGT last July. It was great, I didn't meet another sole on the whole trail except the first night at Spiltoir, a couple of day hikers stopped by.

The trail is not marked well from the north side of Monadnock at the new parking area for about two miles NOBO. I had to break out the compass and traverse some woods, but the trail blazes picked up again.

I started at route 124, south of Monadnock, I got to Mount Sunapee 4 days later, iot was rainy and misty, the top was erie, the abandoned lodge and lifts. I got great pictures!

It is a great hike!! Have fun!!Yeah, I've hiked it twice. FIrst time was in April and the Dublin Trail off Monadnock was solid ice. Fell and slid about a hundred feet. Wrenched my side and had a miserable hike. I tried again two years ago, this time with a partner, and he got really sick.

It's a beautiful trail, so this time I'm going to hike it in a series of day hikes, skipping rainy days, etc. I will may spot my bike and ride back to my truck to avoid a whole series of out-and-backs.

Or I may wait until July when the weather is nicer.

I did the Dublin Trail last yeear, and I could hear chain saws off building the new trail. I checked out the new parking lot. Looks like the new trail will cut off about a mile of road walk. I don't mind road walks on dirt roads with no houses, though.

Old Hillwalker
03-29-2008, 14:29
Howdy, Hey anytime you went to get a little muddy come on up and help with a little trail maintenance. It's gonna be a mess cleaning out waterbars and stuff this spring. We can always use a spare set of hands on a pair of loppers.