PDA

View Full Version : I want to be the first

Lilred
03-29-2008, 11:50
I've decided I want to be the first person to section hike the AT twice, at the same time. :-? My summers I'll work on my first section, and my spring breaks I'll work on my second section. Whattya think? I figure with all the record breaking attempts going on, I'd throw my hat in the ring of 'firsts'. Has anybody tried this before? Maybe I could even time them both so I finish both section hikes with one climb up Katahdin. Or would I have to officially climb it twice, once for each section? :confused: I'll let y'all decide.

So, section hike #1 is approaching Dragon's Tooth.

Section hike #2 is currently as far as Woody Gap. :o, ok I got some work to do on #2.

Maybe I'll even start a third section over christmas breaks, or fall breaks. Wow, I could conceivably carry on 4 consecutive section hikes at a time. The possibilities are mind boggling. :eek:

CrumbSnatcher
03-29-2008, 12:00
I've decided I want to be the first person to section hike the AT twice, at the same time. :-? My summers I'll work on my first section, and my spring breaks I'll work on my second section. Whattya think? I figure with all the record breaking attempts going on, I'd throw my hat in the ring of 'firsts'. Has anybody tried this before? Maybe I could even time them both so I finish both section hikes with one climb up Katahdin. Or would I have to officially climb it twice, once for each section? :confused: I'll let y'all decide.

So, section hike #1 is approaching Dragon's Tooth.

Section hike #2 is currently as far as Woody Gap. :o, ok I got some work to do on #2.

Maybe I'll even start a third section over christmas breaks, or fall breaks. Wow, I could conceivably carry on 4 consecutive section hikes at a time. The possibilities are mind boggling. :eek:
climbing big k would cover section hike #1 coming back down would cover section hike#2 two hikes up big k and back down would cover all 4 of your section hikes! and remember CRACK KILLS just say no

Smile
03-29-2008, 12:52
You should be able to do it in six weeks, no problem. I'll even volunteer to be your sherpa! :)

Lilred
03-29-2008, 14:19
Excellent, so I can cover all 4 sections with two summits. That'll work, and I'll have a sherpa to boot!! This is looking better already.

LIhikers
03-29-2008, 14:19
Just go out and have a good time, forget about setting records and doing a first. You're way overthinking the whole hiking thing...............I think :)

gungho
03-29-2008, 14:43
Since, it will be near impossible for me to attempt a thru anytime soon, I enjoy doing my section hikes. Myself and Roots have 3 or 4 scheduled this year as well. It is all about getting out there and enjoying the hike, wherever it may lead:sun