PDA

View Full Version : I only posted this because...

spittinpigeon
03-30-2008, 11:25
I like what it says in the beginning. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBnGe9HDGBI&feature=related

FFTorched
03-30-2008, 14:36
I hope the bear didn't get cut on the glass. I also like how everybody just stood around and watched for their own amusement.

dixicritter
03-30-2008, 14:54
I kept hoping the bear wasn't going to charge some of those idiots that kept getting closer for the photo opp. That was really stupid.

Tinker
03-30-2008, 15:03
"A fed bear is a dead bear."

I wonder what happened to this one?

You'd think that at least people would honk their horns and/or shout and make loud noises. Someone had to replace a window - and the bear...........?

KG4FAM
03-30-2008, 15:06
Looks like the same kind of idiots that refused to jump start my car up there because they didn't have time.

Heater
03-30-2008, 15:17
Not good.

DavidNH
03-30-2008, 17:18
Gee.. watching this video..I kept thinking about the poor folks who owned this car that were going to come back to it at some point. WOW.

I didn't happen to notice, but did they leave a lot of food in the car? There must have been a reason the bear chose THIS car.

As for the bystandors..pretty stupid..they could have been charged bythe bear!

DavidNH

DAKS
03-30-2008, 17:31
i kept thinking somebody(lady in pink shirt wearing fannypack) was gonna' try and feed the bear and or try and pet it? why didn't anyone honk their horn etc? i guess a picture of the "wildlife" in this case is more important than the poor persons car or the outcome of that bear? very interesting though? what's also interesting is that the bear was so in to tearing/eating the seats? musta' smelled like chicken or bacon??

Wedge1173
03-30-2008, 17:33
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QWjNWqm5c8

Part two. they tranqued it and moved it away I guess.

saimyoji
03-30-2008, 18:03
Textbook example of how to condition a bear to steal food and don't be afraid of humans. Idiots.

paradoxb3
03-30-2008, 20:37
Looked like it already had an ear tag. Doesn't that generally mean its a known nuisance bear thats done something like this once before? I dont know how its handled in the smokies, but do they not move the bear after a second occurance?

JAK
03-30-2008, 21:05
Rather educational I thought. Took 5 minutes to break the window, from start of filming anyway. Then 1 minute to climb in and another to take off with food. Came back 5 minutes later for more, 1 minute to crawl back in and another minute to drag something off. Interesting.

Slight sign of aggression/agitation around 11:08, when the fellow with the camera walked past its exit route. I wouldn't have done that. I wonder why it tore the head rest. Maybe it was in the way. I think folks ought to have made a more concerted effort at scaring off the bear with their car horns, to make it more afraid of people and cars, but it goes to show that a single bear is smarter than a mob of people, just as a single person is smarter than a mob of people. Bear seemed to know exactly what it was doing.

I'll remember not to leave my window cracked with any food in the car.

Bumpa
03-30-2008, 21:13
When I was in Prince Albert National Park, we found a guy beating a rather large male black bear on the ass end with a piece of wood. He was trying to move it out of the shade into the sun as his wife didn't have a flash on her camera. I tell ya the level of stupidity in the world is mind boggling

JAK
03-30-2008, 21:29
When I was in Prince Albert National Park, we found a guy beating a rather large male black bear on the ass end with a piece of wood. He was trying to move it out of the shade into the sun as his wife didn't have a flash on her camera. I tell ya the level of stupidity in the world is mind bogglingWell, from my own experience, whatever folks have to do to stay together after 15 years or more of marriage is their own business I say. Nobody's business but the two species involved.

GGS2
03-30-2008, 22:01
I know a guy who took on a blackie with a canoe paddle. He was defending his camp and food supply on a canoe trip. I think it was Killarney Park.