PDA

View Full Version : Accomodations in Atlanta

zammy
01-27-2004, 07:48
I'll be flying in Atlanta directly, so a jetlag might be a small problem, also I'll need to visit REI to buy more stuff that's unavailable in Israel.
Are there any accomodations in Atlanta for thru hikers for 2 days?
Not hotels of course.

alpine
01-27-2004, 09:09
there is a youth hostel right down town www.hostel-atlanta.com I satayed there once when I was jet lagged and took a subway and a bus to get to rei. Also, try www.hikerhostel.com. :)

deeddawg
01-27-2004, 12:05
For what it's worth, the Perimeter REI store is across the street from the North Springs MARTA (subway) station. This store isn't quite as big or extensively stocked as the one in-town, but still is pretty decent.

I imagine it would also be a fairly convenient spot at which to meet whomever is shuttling you to Amicalola or Springer as it's right of GA400 on the north side of town.

zammy
01-27-2004, 12:37
Thank you all for valuable information.
Hope to start April 15th.

firefly
01-27-2004, 13:40
I 2nd the advice of DeedDawg. Once you get to the airport you can easily catch Marta (the subway train) up to the Perimeter REI store. Just make sure you get on a northbound train heading for Dunwoody (not Chamblee) The Rei store is just down the street towards the mall. I also highly reccommend contacting www.hikerhostel.com. They are offering a wonderful deal for thru hikers that includes accomodations, shuttle service and a trip to an outfitters. Their place looks like it will be alot of fun to stay at but I bet they get booked early.