PDA

View Full Version : Section-hike in the Fall

CocamoJoe
04-01-2008, 04:12
Either in late August or early September, I'm planning on hiking from Damascus, VA to Pine Grove State Park, right around 630-miles. I have maps for the area, so already know what to expect terrain-wise. I was mainly wondering what to expect weather-wise. I anticipate taking around 50-days to his this stretch, give or take a little (I'll never really know until I'm out there, seeing how I feel in my legs, one of which I developed a stress-fracture in last year).

So, for those of you who live in the area of the Trail on that stretch, or have hiked it in those seasons, what should be expected weather-wise during my tentative time allotted for this hike?

Tin Man
04-01-2008, 06:19
Um, you are from Pittsburgh? I suspect the weather at that time of year will be very similar to what you experience there. :)

Lilred
04-01-2008, 08:32
It'll be hot, muggy, buggy.

Thoughtful Owl
04-01-2008, 09:12
Yep, like others have said, hot humid and buggy. Finding water could be problem if it's a dry summer again this year. Just plan ahead and then work your plan.

TO

Blissful
04-01-2008, 12:11
It will be warm. Doesn't cool down in VA until October. And could have tropical activity as well.