PDA

View Full Version : water between Woody and Jarrard Gap

scope
04-01-2008, 10:22
Last fall on a daytrip from Neels to Woody Gap, I passed a nice campsite by a little stream at what I think must be Dan Gap or thereabouts. Was about right in between Jarrard Gap and Big Cedar. Can anyone confirm that this is indeed Dan Gap?

Is the stream consistent? If so, this seems like it should be listed as a water source as it means you could take less up Big Cedar if you're Nobo. If I had known about it, I would not have gassed up at Jarrard Gap on my Sobo daytrip.

Lone Wolf
04-01-2008, 10:25
i've camped there a lot. the stream is consistent. i always wondered why it wasn't listed

Grinder
04-01-2008, 11:39
I camped there last May, when many springs were dry (like Woods Hole). The stream was flowing big time.

Lovely place.

Miles of Smiles
Tom

KG4FAM
04-01-2008, 11:46
I camped there one time when the winds were blowing strong and that place provided pretty good shelter from them. Stream was good as well.

scope
04-01-2008, 11:46
Any idea at what mile this place is? Dan Gap is listed at 1.3 past Big Cedar and seems I remember it being more than that (Nobo).

FatMan
04-01-2008, 17:46
The campsite is a short distance north of the Dockery Lake Trail trailhead. Near Miller Gap. Closer to 2 miles from Big Cedar.