PDA

View Full Version : Just a story on the trail...

Socrates
04-02-2008, 01:56
I'm sitting here and just remembered a funny day from last year... It started out at the Hiker Hostel in Dahlonega. (Which is a nice stay btw!) The morning we were being dropped off at the trail, one of the hikers realized that he had lost his hiking poles. After some time, and running somewhat "late", he had to leave them behind and hope they were found to be mailed ahead... As we were driving off, he realized that he had forgotten his hat and had to go back inside for it... Bad luck one would think, but it got "better"... When we were dropped off at the trail, (All NB) almost immediately, he took off and crossed the street to start going southbound... I yelled at him "Hey! The trail's this way!"... But he just smiled and waved and continued SB... It really left the 3 of us puzzled, but one could only figure after being warned that he knew what he was doing... I think it was some time the next day, we ran into him and come to find out he had gone some miles before realizing that he was going in the wrong direction... He never heard what I yelled at him, but just smiled and waved to be polite... I don't know whatever happened to him, but I hope he made it to Maine...

Ron Haven
04-02-2008, 18:30
I'm sitting here and just remembered a funny day from last year... It started out at the Hiker Hostel in Dahlonega.
When I seen this post I remembered when you came into Budget Inn a week or so later :D