View Full Version : Red-tailed menace

saimyoji
04-03-2008, 19:06
Ok, not exactly on the trail but....

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2008/04/hawk_nest_remov.html

Skidsteer
04-03-2008, 19:10
Wow.

Looks like it flew off with a chunk of hair. Great photo!

Security cam or was the photographer just incredibly lucky?

c.coyle
04-04-2008, 21:33
Lotta rats, mice, and vermin in Fenway. Hawk heaven.

Pony
04-07-2008, 11:41
Lotta rats, mice, and vermin in Fenway. Hawk heaven.

Yeah, David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez to name a few. Just kidding, I'm a life long Cleveland fan and still a little sore about last October. OK, I'm going to hide before all the Sox fans read this.

BipolarStroller
04-07-2008, 12:25
Yeah, David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez to name a few. Just kidding, I'm a life long Cleveland fan and still a little sore about last October. OK, I'm going to hide before all the Sox fans read this.

you better! lol

one summer on my aunts farm I was walking to the chicken coop and seen a line of guinea chicks and thought "aww, how cute" till the mother hen flew up and dug its claws into my hair :eek:and beat me with its wings. I was bent over trying to get it untangled from my hair as it continued to assault me when my aunts great dane came to my attempted rescue. My uncle about died laughing when he came out and see the tug-o-war match between my hair and the dog with a chicken in its mouth and nobody but me wanting to let go. The hen survived and returned to the chicks covered in slobber and I cut my hair. To this day i am scared of birds!!

warraghiyagey
04-07-2008, 12:27
Ha HAAA!!http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/ad/bleh.gif

taildragger
04-07-2008, 12:48
If a hawk was to randomly attack people during baseball, I might go to the games or watch it on TV.

Now, if last seasons victor had its home field guarded by a golden eagle, even better, think of the chaos!!!

Undershaft
04-07-2008, 12:57
That's been all over the news around here. I was at a campground in New Hampshire just off the AT last fall and a red tailed hawk landed on a log about 15 feet away and calmly ate the hell out of some type of rodent. It was very interesting to watch.

mudhead
04-07-2008, 16:21

I was thinking a particular team, but didn't say anything, because the gal got sliced.

Now that you have opened the can of worms, the Blue Jays.

atraildreamer
04-09-2008, 13:02
If a hawk was to randomly attack people during baseball, I might go to the games or watch it on TV.

Now, if last seasons victor had its home field guarded by a golden eagle, even better, think of the chaos!!!

Didn't some ballplayer hit a bird with a line drive and kill it a few years ago up in Canada? :-? What goes around comes around! :eek::banana

warraghiyagey
04-09-2008, 13:22
Didn't some ballplayer hit a bird with a line drive and kill it a few years ago up in Canada? :-? What goes around comes around! :eek::banana
Actually it happened twice. Once a bird flew in the path of a Randy Johnson pitch just in front of the batter and well. . . ummm . . . poof.
The other was a Kevin McReynolds line drive in the late 80's that another unfortunate bird met.