PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Use 2 Compression Sacks....?

88BlueGT
04-05-2008, 14:20
I have a Granite Gear Air Series compression sack that I use for my sleeping bag. I was thinking about picking another one up for my clothes. Do you guys think this is worthless or worth the 4oz's? I guess its a personal preference but I was just wondering how many of you use 2 compression sacks....

Bulldawg
04-05-2008, 14:31
I don't use compression sacks for everything, but I do use bags for everything.

JAK
04-05-2008, 14:34
I don't use any compression sacks either.
The same 4oz would go a long way towards a light but larger volume bag.

Feral Bill
04-05-2008, 14:37
Are you really hurting that much for volume?

Appalachian Tater
04-05-2008, 14:38
i'm thinking if you need a compression bag, either your pack is too small or your stuff occupies too much volume. Put the money towards a nice 800+ down bag and leave some of the clothes at home and you have less weight and volume. Did you post a gear list?

sofaking
i wear a compression sack instead of boxers...but i only use one.

Wags
my sleeping bag goes into a trash compactor bag, along w/ my camp clothes :D

Blissful
04-05-2008, 15:19
I didn't use any either, but I had a huge pack to start last year. Will likley have to go with down for a lower rate bag (15 degree) so I can use my smaller pack. But my clothes did take up a good amt of room, something I make space for, though.

quasarr
04-05-2008, 16:41
compression sacks are heavy. I just put a trash compactor bag in my pack, then cram in my sleeping bag and camp clothes. Clothes don't compress much no matter what you do to them. And you want your sleeping bag compressed as little as possible especially if it's down.

Also having a backpack full of stuff sacks can be lumpy. With everything crammed in, the backpack is nice and round!

sofaking
04-05-2008, 16:46
compression sacks are heavy. I just put a trash compactor bag in my pack, then cram in my sleeping bag and camp clothes. Clothes don't compress much no matter what you do to them. And you want your sleeping bag compressed as little as possible especially if it's down.

Also having a backpack full of stuff sacks can be lumpy. With everything crammed in, the backpack is nice and round!
like my boxers, ha ha ha :eek:

sofaking
04-05-2008, 16:47
like my boxers, ha ha ha :eek:
i apologize, that was completely uncalled for and my immaturity beat my brain to the keyboard:D