PDA

View Full Version : Lunar Duo packed weight?

g8trh8tr
04-06-2008, 10:20
All,

Can anyone who has the Lunar Duo chime in on the actual packed weight of the tent with stakes and any other tieouts, etc?... I noted on the site that it lists the weight with the ultralight floor at 39 oz. but that doesn't include stakes. Thx in advance for any input.

Two Speed
04-06-2008, 15:16
That would depend on the stakes, what you use for tie outs, etc. Not trying to be smart, just trying to let you know what you'd need to specify to get a meaningful answer to that question.

10-K
04-06-2008, 16:00
This doesn't address your question very directly but I've got my Lunar Duo on my digital scale as we speak. 2 lbs, 12.3 oz. No stakes or guy lines included.

Also is *not* the ultralight floor.

Terry7
04-06-2008, 16:07
I bought the Lunar Duo about a month ago. I got the 70d. floor with evrything I need the tent is under 3lbs. You will not believe the amount of room inside the tent. Also with Six Moon Design tarptents you choose how much or how little air flow you want.

slow
04-06-2008, 20:43
All,

Can anyone who has the Lunar Duo chime in on the actual packed weight of the tent with stakes and any other tieouts, etc?... I noted on the site that it lists the weight with the ultralight floor at 39 oz. but that doesn't include stakes. Thx in advance for any input.

Standard floor,6 easton stakes,tieouts,carbon poles with stuff sak.. 3lb on the money.

10-K
04-06-2008, 20:46
Mine is seam sealed too - that adds a bit.

g8trh8tr
04-06-2008, 21:13
Thx for all the input, I appreciate it. So the way I understand it you can either use trekking poles or buy the optional carbon fiber poles, is that the case? Also what are the spacer poles they are referring to on the site? Sorry for all the questions just never saw one setup in person.

10-K
04-06-2008, 22:04
Yeah, you can use treking poles or the optional conventional tent poles. I got the tent poles because I don't like adjusting and readjusting my treking poles and the tent poles only weigh a couple of ounces.

The spacer bars are 2 short, curved tent poles that slide into sleeves that are just over the doors. This is what gives the tent its spaciousness. If you look at the tent pitched at http://www.sixmoondesigns.com/shop/shopexd.asp?id=47 you can see the curvature these bars give to roof line.

slow
04-08-2008, 00:19
3LB packed,just buy it.:)