PDA

View Full Version : The shuttle from hell

jensine
10-07-2002, 10:51
Didn't know where to post this. But since it's about a shuttle I posted here. Last week we got a call at 8:00a.m for a shuttle to Deep Gap. They were in Chattanooga, 2hrs away. Said they'd be here at 11:30. They arrived at 12:30, then proceeded to enjoy a leisurely picnic lunch. They also booked a shuttle to Unicoi Gap for Oct 6. at
2:30. We explained that they had to be on time. Yep, 3:15 they arrived. By the way this is a retired couple from Missouri. Then he decides he doesn't want to leave his car here, he wants to leave it at Standing Indian. So Buddy follows them to Standing Indian waits for them to register and pay, another 20 minutes. Buddy gets to Unicoi and pulls over. The man pitchs a fit saying he didn't want to go there, he wanted to go to Helen to get a motel room. Needless to say by this time, Buddy's BP is on high. So Buddy said he would take them into Helen but that it would cost them more, as they had only paid to Unicoi. Buddy and the man agreed on an additional $20.00, yes alittle high based on mileage, but heck look what the man had put Buddy through already. Okay they are in the middle of Helen on an Oct. Sunday at 5:00p.m., traffic everywhere. They man yells for Buddy to pull over, Buddy begins to, the man jumps out of the van and runs over to a cop. Brings the cop over to Buddy. Folks, this is a first in 18 yrs. Buddy explains to the cop what has gone on, cop tells Buddy he should have gotten the money up front. Needless to say, Buddy just said the heck with it all and came home. We are still quite rattled about this one. If anyone out there does shuttle service and would like this mans name, to avoid a similar situation please email me personally. BTW, the man is a retired elementary school pricipal, scary huh??

attroll
10-07-2002, 12:24
People like that are the ones that spoil it for the rest of use.

pedxing
04-07-2003, 13:22
Yikes! If I ever take cash for shuttling - I will definitely get some of it upfront.