PDA

View Full Version : PB2 - Powered Peanut Butter

Tennessee Viking
04-07-2008, 01:12
I was just checking my old TV station employer, and they had this:

Add Water: Get Peanut Butterhttp://www.kwwl.com/Images/video.gif (javascript:vidUp('/Streamer/stream.php?url=/Video/playlist.php?ID=23743')) You've probably heard of powdered sugar or powdered milk, but how about powdered peanut butter? Powdered peanut butter or PB2 is made up of 100% peanuts, without their natural oil. This means PB2 has 75% less fat calories than regular peanut butter, and is lower in saturated fat. The inventor was in Cedar Falls Sunday showcasing the product. He says all you have to do is add water.

"It’s just regular peanut butter, we just squeeze out the oil so there's nothing added, nothing you are going to taste other than pure roasted peanuts,” said PB2 inventor J.C. Bell.

Another way to eat creatively is to add jelly, fruit juice or even chocolate straight into your mixture.

sofaking
04-07-2008, 01:23
where can we get some?

Bob S
04-07-2008, 01:24
Here

http://www.bellplantation.com/

mkmangold
04-07-2008, 01:30
I like it. I went to the website and found a healthfood store down the street that sells it.
So that my intentions don't get misinterpreted as they did with the thread on powdered honey, I use powdered peanut butter on the trail because it adds taste and quality to my meals. However, I don't use it at home instead of regular peanut butter, much like I don't cook on an alcohol stove at home!

sofaking
04-07-2008, 01:40
I like it. I went to the website and found a healthfood store down the street that sells it.
So that my intentions don't get misinterpreted as they did with the thread on powdered honey, I use powdered peanut butter on the trail because it adds taste and quality to my meals. However, I don't use it at home instead of regular peanut butter, much like I don't cook on an alcohol stove at home!
powdered honey! where?

sofaking
04-07-2008, 01:43
powdered bourbon! where?
checked the pb2 site, nothing within 50 miles...:mad:

Ramble~On
04-07-2008, 01:47
Sounds interesting and I'd like to try some but their website has a couple things that I'm scatching my head about..or did I miss something?
They only sell PB2 in a four pack but it doesn't say anywhere what exactly that four pack is. Unless I missed it they don't tell you anything about container weight, servings etc. I'm left to guess that the photograph indicates I'd get four regular looking jars of peanut butter but instead of regular peanut butter I'd be getting four jars of powdered peanut butter:-?.
Seems a bit wasteful if I found out after one taste that I didn't like it.

sofaking
04-07-2008, 02:03
Sounds interesting and I'd like to try some but their website has a couple things that I'm scatching my head about..or did I miss something?
They only sell PB2 in a four pack but it doesn't say anywhere what exactly that four pack is. Unless I missed it they don't tell you anything about container weight, servings etc. I'm left to guess that the photograph indicates I'd get four regular looking jars of peanut butter but instead of regular peanut butter I'd be getting four jars of powdered peanut butter:-?.
Seems a bit wasteful if I found out after one taste that I didn't like it.
as you send the remaining three containers my way...

mkmangold
04-08-2008, 00:25
Sofaking: powdered honey found here at http://www.hunyhunks.com/default.htm
Powdered peanut butter: I bought in a local health food store after visiting the website listed above. It comes in a container the size of a peanut butter jar. For camping though, I'm going to transfer to a ziploc bag.
I'm still trying to get a list of "Handful Recipes." Like this, add a handful or two of the base ingredient to two cups of water. Boil. Remove from heat and add the dry ingredient(s). Cozy it up, wait 20 minutes, and add the finishing touch. For example, base ingredient=macaroni noodles. Dry ingredient = beef jerky. Finishing touch = dry feta cheese, powdered milk, and salt. Example two: base ingredient = oatmeal. Dry ingredient = craisins. Finishing touch = powdered honey or sugar and powdered milk. Any more?

sofaking
04-08-2008, 00:33
Sofaking: powdered honey found here at http://www.hunyhunks.com/default.htm
Powdered peanut butter: I bought in a local health food store after visiting the website listed above. It comes in a container the size of a peanut butter jar. For camping though, I'm going to transfer to a ziploc bag.
I'm still trying to get a list of "Handful Recipes." Like this, add a handful or two of the base ingredient to two cups of water. Boil. Remove from heat and add the dry ingredient(s). Cozy it up, wait 20 minutes, and add the finishing touch. For example, base ingredient=macaroni noodles. Dry ingredient = beef jerky. Finishing touch = dry feta cheese, powdered milk, and salt. Example two: base ingredient = oatmeal. Dry ingredient = craisins. Finishing touch = powdered honey or sugar and powdered milk. Any more?
thnx for the link.

timhines
04-15-2008, 14:14
eBay has PB2 as well, decent prices.

Compass
04-16-2008, 00:41
The fat/oil is where the majority of the calories are. If they remove 75% of the oil then sell the oil for a premium you loose on both ends. Less convenient and calorie to weight ratio will decrease.

Dholmblad
04-17-2008, 14:35
Largest quantity is only a semi-truck.. But that just isnt enough:(

mkmangold
04-30-2008, 23:40
Compass: in my case, the idea isn't necessarily caloric bang-for-the-buck but rather light-weight flavor. I can always carry extra oil and add powdered PB to get the same effect. For example, to get butter, add Butter Buds to the oil; for peanut butter, add PB2 to the oil; and so on if I can think of some more. OR, just add the powdered stuff to a recipe and get the flavor without the calories.

Sailor (The other one)
05-01-2008, 05:49
I love White Blaze.
Yesterday I was imagining mixing protein powder with dried healthy greens like barley and wheat grass as a light weight protein source for an AT thru and wishing there was such a thing as dried honey and bingo, here it is.
Thanks mkmangold

Compass
05-01-2008, 21:55
How much water do you add to reconstitute the PB? I would guess about a Tablespoon per serving.

sofaking
05-01-2008, 22:14
i ran into some nobos at the waynesboro ymca last week. 'bad hummus' was telling a story about one of the guys they were hiking with that was getting grief for carrying a honey 'bear'..."dude, that thing weighs a whole pound..." "so what, it's honey."

Bob S
05-01-2008, 23:09
How much water do you add to reconstitute the PB? I would guess about a Tablespoon per serving.

1 Tablespoon for every 2 tablespoons of powder.

mkmangold
05-01-2008, 23:34
I love White Blaze.
Yesterday I was imagining mixing protein powder with dried healthy greens like barley and wheat grass as a light weight protein source for an AT thru and wishing there was such a thing as dried honey and bingo, here it is.
Thanks mkmangold

Y'elcome!
Make sure you use whey protein, too, and not soy. Don't want to be feminizing yourself. I make a VERY similar drink each morning for breakfast but also add fiber. High protein, low carbs, green foods, and fiber!

take-a-knee
05-01-2008, 23:37
Y'elcome!
Make sure you use whey protein, too, and not soy. Don't want to be feminizing yourself. I make a VERY similar drink each morning for breakfast but also add fiber. High protein, low carbs, green foods, and fiber!

I wish I'd eaten a lot of soy protein and "feminized" myself a hell of a long time ago, my life would have been a lot less complicated. Maybe I could have made some rational, non-hormonal decisions.

Bob S
05-02-2008, 00:03
I wish I'd eaten a lot of soy protein and "feminized" myself a hell of a long time ago, my life would have been a lot less complicated. Maybe I could have made some rational, non-hormonal decisions.

So you’ve made some stupid mistakes????

I would like to say I haven’t but………

sofaking
05-02-2008, 12:04
are you seriously proposing that you know women who are rational and non-hormonal? wait, don't answer, i'm feeling fat right now...do these pants make me look fat?

Bob S
05-02-2008, 14:40
i'm feeling fat right now...do these pants make me look fat?

It’s not fat, it’s gravitationally challenged.

Panzer1
05-03-2008, 14:24
Some things should not be powdered. Peanut butter is one of those things.

Panzer