PDA

View Full Version : Life and death

Patco
01-29-2004, 21:58
I saw a post for deaths on the AT, but has anyone ever given birth on the AT? Follow up question: Any advanced pregnancies (human, not ponies at Grayson or moose in Maine) seen on the trail?

Miss Janet
01-30-2004, 02:28
I saw a post for deaths on the AT, but has anyone ever given birth on the AT? Follow up question: Any advanced pregnancies (human, not ponies at Grayson or moose in Maine) seen on the trail?
Well, I have not seen any Expecting Mothers starting a thruhike... I have seen several Thruhikers that turned out to be Expecting Mothers... uh, Unexpectedly! I know two couples from 2003 that may be looking at baby names like... Ridge, Storm, Rocky or Summer, Spring, or Misty...

steve hiker
01-30-2004, 03:04
I know two couples from 2003 that may be looking at baby names like... Ridge, Storm, Rocky or Summer, Spring, or Misty...
What about Stinky, Dirty, Funky, or Nasty.

Brushy Sage
01-30-2004, 08:34
Conceived on the Appalachian Trail -- sounds like a wonderful song title -- country, of course.

Jack Tarlin
01-30-2004, 17:04
I know of no births on the Trail, but I certainly know of incidents where women continued to hike while pregnant. I believe one of these kids was eventually named "Georgia Maine" and no, I'm NOT making this up. I also know of several hikers who left the Trail after becoming pregnant while thru-hiking; I further know of several who became pregnant while thru-hiking and continued their trips; I recently sent a congratulatory letter two friends from this year who are celebrating both their marriage and a new arrival---I look forward to seeing this kid on the trail in around 20 years; with hiking genes like theirs, this'll be one hell of a hiker.

mindlessmariachi
01-30-2004, 19:26
hmm... come to think of it, i did see someone i knew from my '02 thru hike at '03 Trail Days with a 'souvenir' of her hike!