PDA

View Full Version : 2 People in the TT Contrail?

88BlueGT
04-08-2008, 14:36
Just wondering if anyone has slept 2 in the TT contrail? I am looking for some sort of lightweight two person tent. I seen the contrail and am HIGHLY interested because of its weight but not sure if I could sleep two people. I'm only 5'8'' 170. Do you think my girlfriend would be able to sleep in there with me decently comfortable? Shes only 5'4''?

Heater
04-08-2008, 14:55
not sure if I could sleep two people. I'm only 5'8'' 170. Do you think my girlfriend would be able to sleep in there with me decently comfortable? Shes only 5'4''?

:-? No. :)

Get the Double Rainbow. ;)

88BlueGT
04-08-2008, 15:02
I think I would get the Squal 2 over the double rainbow. Seems that their specs are similiar but the DR is wider in the front. Plus the Squal 2 is 6oz lighter.

Or maybe even the regular rainbow? claims it sleeps 2....

Heater
04-08-2008, 15:05
I think I would get the Squal 2 over the double rainbow. Seems that their specs are similiar but the DR is wider in the front. Plus the Squal 2 is 6oz lighter.

Or maybe even the regular rainbow? claims it sleeps 2....

The thing about the Double Rainbow vs the Squall 2 is the openness. Ventilation on both sides.

88BlueGT
04-08-2008, 15:55
Hmmmmmmm didn't think about that :-?

Guess I have more research to do than...

I'm just looking for something that I can use this summer for me and one other person. Something roomy but nothing huge because I am also using this as my solo tent and am trying to keep the weight down. Whatever I pick will also be used for a possible thru-hike in 09. I was looking at the Black Diamond Hi-Light but theres no vestibule and I absolutly cant stand the color. If it were bright yellow that would be one thing, but I'm not digging the fadded pee yellow look :rolleyes: I was also looking at the Hilleberg Atko but its a solo and than I would have nothing for when my girlfriend wants to do. Right now I'm either borrowing a friends North Face 2 person or using my father 10yr old 3 person 7lb Marlboro tent :(

88BlueGT
04-08-2008, 16:07
I just really liked the Contrail because of the front beak. It provides a nice place for gear (and keeping it outside the tent) and also a place to cook, etc.

wakapak
04-08-2008, 16:15
what are the specs on the Contrail? i used a SD Clip Flashlight for 2 of us, it was tight, but it worked...alot of people used to use it as their solo tent as well...

88BlueGT
04-08-2008, 16:18
http://www.tarptent.com/products.html

There will be no gear inside though. I wish I could see it in person :(

wakapak
04-08-2008, 16:20
Hmmmm, that could be kind of tight, but who knows really until you actually see one! People have said the Clip was tight for two, even tho it stated it was a 2man tent. We never had gear in our Clip tho, only what we needed for sleeping!

Quoddy
04-08-2008, 16:21
Someone asked awhile back about having a dog in the Contrail. I said then that if it was a small dog that wasn't too active it was possible. The problem with two people is that you'd both probably end up beyond the floor on the mesh and be very close to the edge. The foot area, in particular, would be very narrow to two.

The photo below is with a Montbell SS #7 (a narrow bag) inside.

http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/files/1/1/6/6/8/2Pole-1_thumb.jpg (http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=17246&c=member&imageuser=11668)

88BlueGT
04-08-2008, 16:49
Like posted above, I think two can fit but two will be all over the walls, etc.

Man I wish they made an exact version of the contrail just a little bigger :)