PDA

View Full Version : Found dog at Woody Gap Sunday 4/6/08

The Doctor
04-08-2008, 22:23
White and tan with black stripes. Possible Mastiff/Chow mix? Call 404-483-8803 if you own him.

The Weasel
04-08-2008, 22:36
Does it have a collar? Possible implant? If you're not sure about the latter, take it to any vet.

TW

Cowgirl
04-09-2008, 16:42
probably a dog that lives in the area.

whitefoot_hp
04-09-2008, 17:14
Does it have a collar? Possible implant? If you're not sure about the latter, take it to any vet.

TW
yes, behold the mark of the beast.

FatMan
04-09-2008, 18:00
There are many residences within a mile of Woody Gap. I suspect you found a local dog, although not one that I am familiar with. I will be back in Suches on Saturday and will ask around if anyone is missing a dog.

Rouen
04-09-2008, 23:46
if you still have the dog you can call the local dog catcher/humane society and let them know you found the dog so if they get any calls they can redirect them to you.
what kind of shape was the dog in when you found it? well fed?

The Doctor
04-11-2008, 18:45
I posted signs at woody gap, neels gap, byron reece as well as had it checked for microchip. I also posted two Craig's list threads under lost and found. Numerous locals have offered to ask around and they have my number.

whitefoot_hp
04-18-2008, 17:47
the doctor took this dog on a hike and it pissed on a brand new pack of mine. NOT HAPPY

Heater
04-18-2008, 18:09
the doctor took this dog on a hike and it pissed on a brand new pack of mine. NOT HAPPY

I'd prolly piss on your pack too, so... what's the big deal? :D

Skidsteer
04-18-2008, 18:12

I was gonna say you need to make sure you close the closet door the next time.:D

whitefoot_hp
04-18-2008, 18:24
ok.....

whitefoot_hp
04-18-2008, 19:39
i guess there is no big deal, seeing as how i would drop kick you like the dog.

Heater
04-18-2008, 20:25
i guess there is no big deal, seeing as how i would drop kick you like the dog.

Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

So. You drop kicked the dog? :-?

whitefoot_hp
04-20-2008, 13:09
Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

So. You drop kicked the dog? :-?

not necessarily a drop kick, but i did let him know how i felt...

mtnkngxt
04-24-2008, 07:55
remind me to let you know how the dog felt if we ever cross paths

Rouen
04-24-2008, 17:21

:banana:clap these icons say it all.

Thru Hiker Wife
04-24-2008, 19:15

Ditto!!!!!!!!!!

mtnkngxt
04-24-2008, 22:07
I hope you realize that many of us here at WB do not condone animal abuse. Next time keep your thoughts and actions to yourself.

Skidsteer
04-24-2008, 22:10
Let's try to get it back on topic folks. Y'all can kick each other when you actually go hiking.

Has the dog's owner been found? Update?

whitefoot_hp
04-27-2008, 13:14
I hope you realize that many of us here at WB do not condone animal abuse. Next time keep your thoughts and actions to yourself.
i have to keep my thoughts and actions to myself, but the dog does not???
interesting...
demonstrating to a dog what is right and what is wrong is not animal abuse in my dictionary, only in the dictionary of hippy idealism, not whitefoot realism.

whitefoot_hp
04-27-2008, 13:15
would love to see an attempt. are you aware that by threatening to kick me you are fully contradicting your no abuse policy about the dog? You are mad that i imposed my system of values upon the dog, which includes the use of non permanent injury use of force with dogs to demonstrate a bad action (as does any animal obedience school). So in return, you threaten to impose your weak hippy values upon me, which i would gladly love to see you try.

whitefoot_hp
04-27-2008, 13:24
Let's try to get it back on topic folks. Y'all can kick each other when you actually go hiking.

Has the dog's owner been found? Update?
The Doctor has decided to keep the dog and has named it Benton. If the real owner ever does contact him, i am betting he will play dumb. The Doctor is from the city, and thinks that a dog hanging around a place like woody gap is some rare occurrence. The Doctor's city background also made him very confused about how the dog did not have a collar, as many from the city think this is a sign of a stray or unwanted dog. The dog's owner probably lived within 3 miles of the trail head, as there are many houses within that distance, and some little boy is probably sobbing his heart out, while the Doctor is petting the dog down in Dunwoody. typical city folk. :)

Thru Hiker Wife
04-27-2008, 13:29
The Doctor has decided to keep the dog and has named it Benton. If the real owner ever does contact him, i am betting he will play dumb. The Doctor is from the city, and thinks that a dog hanging around a place like woody gap is some rare occurrence. The Doctor's city background also made him very confused about how the dog did not have a collar, as many from the city think this is a sign of a stray or unwanted dog. The dog's owner probably lived within 3 miles of the trail head, as there are many houses within that distance, and some little boy is probably sobbing his heart out, while the Doctor is petting the dog down in Dunwoody. typical city folk. :)

Um...wow.

whitefoot_hp
04-27-2008, 13:39
my sentiments exactly after your previous comment.

Skidsteer
04-27-2008, 13:41
Whitefoot (and everybody, really), read the forum sticky:

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16259

whitefoot_hp
04-27-2008, 13:44
i will try to adhere to the best of my abilities :)

Skidsteer
04-27-2008, 13:47
i will try to adhere to the best of my abilities :)

Good man.

And with that, this thread has served it's purpose. If the owner turns up and reads this, they can PM or call the Doctor.

Closed.