PDA

View Full Version : Top Quilt Ideas

Ashman
04-09-2008, 06:15
I posted this on Hammock Forums but wanted to cross post here to pick ideas from Hangers who might not see the other thread.

I leave tommorrow on my first trip with my HH Asym I got this winter. I am stoked! I am using a thermarest pad, bag liner and synthetic bag of undetermined degree rating (I am guessing 32). I see now how you all talk about this as an addiction. I am already pondering what upgrades I want to do! I am really leaning towards the JRB Nest underquilt. My question is what commercially available options would you recommend for a top quilt. I rarely do winter camping. Thanks for your input and advice!

River Runner
04-09-2008, 18:43
I posted this on Hammock Forums but wanted to cross post here to pick ideas from Hangers who might not see the other thread.

I leave tommorrow on my first trip with my HH Asym I got this winter. I am stoked! I am using a thermarest pad, bag liner and synthetic bag of undetermined degree rating (I am guessing 32). I see now how you all talk about this as an addiction. I am already pondering what upgrades I want to do! I am really leaning towards the JRB Nest underquilt. My question is what commercially available options would you recommend for a top quilt. I rarely do winter camping. Thanks for your input and advice!

I like the Nunatak Ghost. There are any number of good quality quilts though - Jacks R Better makes several, GoLite has a new line.

Seeker
04-09-2008, 23:28
i use my WM Caribou opened up as a quilt most of the time, but like being able to zip it back into a sleeping bag when the temp drops below about 50 (so i don't get a blast of cold air anywhere when i roll over).

winger
04-10-2008, 21:52
I have the JRB No Sniveller and the ORM and really enjoy the quality of both as top quilts, using a Nest as the underquilt.

take-a-knee
04-10-2008, 21:57
You can't go wrong with JRB quilts, but I'm quite pleased with my Feathered Friends Rock Wren for a hammock bag. That bags bottom opening makes entering and exiting a Hennessy quite easy.