PDA

View Full Version : Long Trail II Plus

Askus3
04-10-2008, 09:31
This is my second of a six year project to dayhike the Long Trail of Vermont from the Canadian border to Massachusetts southbound. This trip will take place Wednesday, June 11 thru Wednesday, June 18. On this particular trip we will hike over 70 miles of which 40 miles will be along the Long Trail from the Lamoille River to the Winooski River including exploration of various trails in the summit area of Mt. Mansfield. The hiking will be strenuous and we will go at a steady pace. Note that one of the hikes will be 15 miles in length involving 5200 feet in elevation gain. We also will climb Mt. Elmore, traverse a stretch of the Worcester Range, explore ruins in the Waterbury Reservoir area, and complete several mini-hikes in the Stowe area to round out the week of hiking, thus the plus to the trip title. Carpooling and car shuttles will be arranged. Our accommodations will be fully furnished houses with complete modern kitchens, and shared bedrooms and baths in Stowe, VT. E-mail Aaron for a detailed itinerary. Do not linger too long as there is a deadline of April 28 to join this trip.

Askus3
05-08-2008, 20:13
Just a note to let you know that I have two spots still vacant on this trip. Also, to give you an idea of what my trips are like, I link you over to my trip report of Long Trail I PLUS. Link: http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=36640