PDA

View Full Version : Skirts are all the rage.

Jason of the Woods
04-10-2008, 10:35
We are in Neel's. Have been hiking with great folks! The trail is unbelievable and today I hike out in my new kilt!:banana

Lone Wolf
04-10-2008, 10:40
We are in Neel's. Have been hiking with great folks! The trail is unbelievable and today I hike out in my new kilt!:banana

you mean skirt. is it Pirate approved?

Sly
04-10-2008, 10:45
Is it easier to get a hitch in a skirt?

Lone Wolf
04-10-2008, 10:49

ask MS. he's the expert on hitching

4eyedbuzzard
04-10-2008, 10:55

If nothing else, I've heard it doubles your chances for a date on Saturday night.:eek:

cavscout
04-10-2008, 10:58
Enjoy the hike! It's a gorgeous day to be up there.

What kind of kilt? Wool, PV, acrylic? Stillwater, USA Kilts, SportKilt, Utilikilt, Freedom kilt,..? Cargo, Casual, traditional,...? Tartan or solid?

Up with Kilts! Down with pants! :D

minnesotasmith
04-10-2008, 11:09

With at least a C-cup, sure. With a beard, rather less so, unless you're talking a vehicle with California plates. ;)

Newb
04-10-2008, 11:22
I won't wear a kilt...unless I'm in sheep country, of course.

4eyedbuzzard
04-10-2008, 11:23
Baaaaaaaaaad joke. ;)

envirodiver
04-10-2008, 11:44
With at least a C-cup, sure. With a beard, rather less so, unless you're talking a vehicle with California plates. ;)

I'm thinking that even with a D cup, if you have a beard, it may detract from your ride getting possibilities.

taildragger
04-10-2008, 11:46

Only if you show a little

minnesotasmith
04-10-2008, 11:56
I'm thinking that even with a D cup, if you have a beard, it may detract from your ride getting possibilities.

I was presuming those would be mutually-exclusive characteristics. Combining them would be REALLY strange. and good reason to only hold out one's thumb for CA-plate cars. ;)

envirodiver
04-10-2008, 12:23
Only if you show a little

If you only show a little, then the ladies won't give you a ride. May even point and snicker as they drive by.

envirodiver
04-10-2008, 12:24
I was presuming those would be mutually-exclusive characteristics. Combining them would be REALLY strange. and good reason to only hold out one's thumb for CA-plate cars. ;)

Wish I hadn't even mentioned the D cup Beard thing. It's a visual I really didn't need. I apologize to everyone.

mudhead
04-10-2008, 12:30
It's too late. Warm weather. Third afternoon since Jan. they have been out of jackets. And you go and man-boob it.

envirodiver
04-10-2008, 12:33
It's too late. Warm weather. Third afternoon since Jan. they have been out of jackets. And you go and man-boob it.

I feel great remorse:o

mudhead
04-10-2008, 12:37
I don't look at stuff like that anyway.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Marta
04-10-2008, 12:41

In order to see the beard, a man would have to lift his eyes to notice the face.

taildragger
04-10-2008, 12:45
In order to see the beard, a man would have to lift his eyes to notice the face.

Actually, we're just being polite and not wanting to stare at the lady's beard

doggiebag
04-10-2008, 12:46
Even Wrongway has gotten into the skirt scene ... though the trail has not been too kind to him lately. I think it works for him.
http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/files/1/1/8/9/9/wwskirt.jpg

mudhead
04-10-2008, 12:47
Actually, we're just being polite and not wanting to stare at the lady's beard

I will give you a nickel, if you can confirm saying that works.

envirodiver
04-10-2008, 12:53

LMAO...Now that is a lady that understands men.:D

hopefulhiker
04-10-2008, 13:41
There is a guy named Risk, who hikes with a just a loin cloth....

Newb
04-10-2008, 14:03
I tried hiking naked, but I kept tripping over...umm...stuff.

sofaking
04-10-2008, 14:10
hippies.

Montego
04-10-2008, 19:55
If you only show a little, then the ladies won't give you a ride. May even point and snicker as they drive by.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/laughing001.gif

Marta
04-10-2008, 20:06
Okay, here's a slight thread hijack...

My husband and I were having dinner a little while ago. He brought up the letters they had read NPR about a piece about rats wearing little polyester pants, and asked if I had heard the original piece. I had. It was an interview with a woman who has written a book about sex research.

The interviewer commented that his favorite part of the book was the study in which copulating rats had cheese crumbs sprinkled in front of them. Huge surprise--the female rats were distracted by the cheese crumbs, while the male rats were not.

My husband's question was this: If cheese crumbs were sprinkled in front of copulating male thru-hikers, would they notice?

(I hope this doesn't get the thread moved to Sensitive Subjects...)

Philippe
04-10-2008, 20:08

I wouldn't ride with anyone that would give me a ride if I was wearing a skirt.

OutdoorsMan
04-10-2008, 20:23
Great videos doggiebag/etherbud (what's an etherbud?). I like seeing the dogs on the trail but the videos would be great without them too.

Skidsteer
04-10-2008, 20:35
My husband's question was this: If cheese crumbs were sprinkled in front of copulating male thru-hikers, would they notice?

(I hope this doesn't get the thread moved to Sensitive Subjects...)

Sure they would. In about thirty seconds when they're finished copulating.

(I hope this doesn't get the thread moved to Sensitive Subjects either ;)...)

taildragger
04-10-2008, 20:56
Sure they would. In about thirty seconds when they're finished copulating.

(I hope this doesn't get the thread moved to Sensitive Subjects either ;)...)

I thought that they'd just move over a little bit

Sly
04-10-2008, 21:02
I wouldn't ride with anyone that would give me a ride if I was wearing a skirt.

You have a point there! :eek:

kayak karl
04-10-2008, 21:05
A Scotsman is returning home one afternoon from a wedding. He is dressed in his finest kilt. As he stumbles along the dirt road, being a bit drunk, he decides to rest for a few minutes in the shade of a tree by the side of the road. Shortly after laying back against the tree he falls asleep.

A short time later two young women come down the road and spot the fellow asleep under the tree. Seeing that he is dressed in a kilt they discuss whether he is a “proper Scotsman”, that is, wearing no other clothing under his kilt. Giggling, they decide to take a look. Gently lifting his kilt they discover that, indeed, he is a proper Scotsman.

Their curiosity satisfied, they begin to walk away until one says to the other, “Wait, we need to leave some sort of sign that we were here.”. Looking around they decide to take the hair ribbon that matches the first woman’s blue dress and tie it around the Scotsman’s manhood. This task complete, they laugh as they head down the road to their home.

A short time later the Scotsman awakes. Sitting there under the tree he notices he’s feeling a bit strange under his kilt. Looking around and seeing no one nearby he lifts the kilt to discover the ribbon adorning his manhood.

Puzzled, he looks about again and then says (in a Scottish accent); “I don’t know where you’ve been, and I don’t know what you’ve been up to, but I’m glad to see you’ve won first prize.”.

minnesotasmith
04-10-2008, 21:08

If a woman is bothered by what she figures is going through a typical guy's mind when he's looking chest-high at her, she'd really hate what he thinks about when he looks higher or lower. ;)

Summit
04-10-2008, 21:46
"Skirts are all the rage" - rage on without me! :eek: :p :D

Frosty
04-10-2008, 22:18
Sure they would. In about thirty seconds when they're finished copulating.THIRTY SECONDS! Braggart.

budforester
04-10-2008, 22:43
April 10 is kilt day, according to thiswebsite (http://www.kiltday.com/). I didn't find a link to share, but on Christmas Day, must have been 1917, a truce was called and the Germans and the Highlanders had a game of football out in no- man's- land. It was said that an errant gust of wind fluttered the skirts and roars of laughter came from the German trenches.

Jason of the Woods
04-15-2008, 12:15
Of course it's pirate approved! We are at Cloud 9. It's been a bit cold the past two days for the kilt but I think after a good washing it'll be ready to hit the trail again. I should have done this years ago. It's been great! Sheltered with Hobo Joe last night and he didn't even stink that bad, good guy.
you mean skirt. is it Pirate approved?

Blissful
04-15-2008, 12:19
Kilts are great. My hubby swears by his sportkilt. But he did change before we walked into a town. Before that he would get commets shouted from cars, and of course the wind of cars is enough to give one problems (you should have seen him trying to keep it down on the Bear Mtn bridge).

envirodiver
04-15-2008, 12:43
he would get commets shouted from cars, and of course the wind of cars is enough to give one problems (you should have seen him trying to keep it down on the Bear Mtn bridge).

Hmmm, not quite the Marylin Monroe image is it? :o

dperry
04-15-2008, 17:36
A Scotsman is returning home one afternoon from a wedding. He is dressed in his finest kilt. As he stumbles along the dirt road, being a bit drunk, he decides to rest for a few minutes in the shade of a tree by the side of the road. Shortly after laying back against the tree he falls asleep.

A short time later two young women come down the road and spot the fellow asleep under the tree. Seeing that he is dressed in a kilt they discuss whether he is a “proper Scotsman”, that is, wearing no other clothing under his kilt. Giggling, they decide to take a look. Gently lifting his kilt they discover that, indeed, he is a proper Scotsman.

Their curiosity satisfied, they begin to walk away until one says to the other, “Wait, we need to leave some sort of sign that we were here.”. Looking around they decide to take the hair ribbon that matches the first woman’s blue dress and tie it around the Scotsman’s manhood. This task complete, they laugh as they head down the road to their home.

A short time later the Scotsman awakes. Sitting there under the tree he notices he’s feeling a bit strange under his kilt. Looking around and seeing no one nearby he lifts the kilt to discover the ribbon adorning his manhood.

Puzzled, he looks about again and then says (in a Scottish accent); “I don’t know where you’ve been, and I don’t know what you’ve been up to, but I’m glad to see you’ve won first prize.”.

Woods Tea Company turned this joke into a very funny song.:D

Mad Doktor
04-15-2008, 17:40
wellllllll, maybe I'm speaking out of turn here, but a skirt (KILT) would cut waaaay down on chafing...those tubes of tolnaftate also add critical ounces to the weight of ur "kit"...hehehe!

taildragger
04-15-2008, 19:36
Hmmm, not quite the Marylin Monroe image is it? :o

Its wouldn't be so bad if you lent him those shorts of yours :D

Sleeps_With_Skunks
04-15-2008, 19:52
[quote=Mad Doktor;595980]wellllllll, maybe I'm speaking out of turn here, but a skirt (KILT) would cut waaaay down on chafing.

Just remember men......It's a SKIRT only if your wearing something under it....otherwise it's a KILT :D

McPick
04-15-2008, 20:00
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif old joke. A Scotsman is returning home one afternoon...

Even better song!

Jason of the Woods
04-16-2008, 08:30
Why take it off before town? It helps me get rides. Have you seen my legs?:banana
Kilts are great. My hubby swears by his sportkilt. But he did change before we walked into a town. Before that he would get commets shouted from cars, and of course the wind of cars is enough to give one problems (you should have seen him trying to keep it down on the Bear Mtn bridge).