PDA

View Full Version : LHow to Make a Lightweight Stove for Heiny Pots

RollingStone
04-10-2008, 15:43
Hello,

Awhile back I created a pretty neat stove that is specifically for narrow bottom pots, cups, mugs, and boilers. In reality, it's a perfect match for 24 Ounce Heineken cans.

I have posted DIY videos on YouTube and on our website. The stove is also available in our store if anyone is interested.

The stove was tested pretty extensively by myself and 3 others between February and now. Mostly along the Madison river in Bear Trap Canyon outside of Bozeman here. The stove itself was also improved a great deal since the first DIY videos. It now includes a tighter jet pattern and about a 20 second blume time.

The stove also has a large fuel capcity and is capable of bring 4 cups of 60 degree water in my 4 ounce 1.1 Liter boiler to a boil in about 10 minutes on 1 1/2 ounces of Alcohol. This makes the stove a most excellent choice for multiple hikers as well. Of course we are at 4900 feet here in Bozeman so you may experience longer or shorter boil times dependent upon elevation.

Today I am working on editing a high quality product introduction video that will detail the stove a bit more. If your interested in seeing what the stove looks like, and building your own you can go to www.bozemanstoveworks.com (http://www.bozemanstoveworks.com/)

Peace.

--GrinchMT

Skidsteer
04-10-2008, 18:00
Welcome to WB Grinch! :welcome

RollingStone
04-10-2008, 21:13
Hey Skids. I see your on here as well. Thanks for the welcome. I've lurked here for about a year or better I think.

Skidsteer
04-10-2008, 21:15
Hey Skids. I see your on here as well. Thanks for the welcome. I've lurked here for about a year or better I think.

Yeah I visit here occasionally.

peanuts
04-10-2008, 21:57
Yeah I visit here occasionally.

yeah, right and am the easter bunny:D:D

kayak karl
04-10-2008, 22:13
Hello,

Awhile back I created a pretty neat stove that is specifically for narrow bottom pots, cups, mugs, and boilers. In reality, it's a perfect match for 24 Ounce Heineken cans.

I have posted DIY videos on YouTube and on our website. The stove is also available in our store if anyone is interested.

The stove was tested pretty extensively by myself and 3 others between February and now. Mostly along the Madison river in Bear Trap Canyon outside of Bozeman here. The stove itself was also improved a great deal since the first DIY videos. It now includes a tighter jet pattern and about a 20 second blume time.

The stove also has a large fuel capcity and is capable of bring 4 cups of 60 degree water in my 4 ounce 1.1 Liter boiler to a boil in about 10 minutes on 1 1/2 ounces of Alcohol. This makes the stove a most excellent choice for multiple hikers as well. Of course we are at 4900 feet here in Bozeman so you may experience longer or shorter boil times dependent upon elevation.

Today I am working on editing a high quality product introduction video that will detail the stove a bit more. If your interested in seeing what the stove looks like, and building your own you can go to www.bozemanstoveworks.com (http://www.bozemanstoveworks.com/)

Peace.

--GrinchMT
like the stove, will work for narrow pots, but the Heineken can has not worked for me for long hikes. good for water, but not much else. hard to clean and too easy to damage. bought a pot from anti-gravity and set up a kit for alcohol or wood at 7 oz. i think for a 5 month hike your's won't work. still like the stove:)

RollingStone
04-12-2008, 12:37
Yeah I can understand Karl - The Heiny pot isn't for everyone, but, the stove works a large variety of small diameter pots and cups like the Anti Gravity gear. For a boiler, I use a 6 ounce 1.1 liter aluminum boiler I got from Campmor made by Open Country (Division of Nesco). It was only 10 bucks. I used this pot for 4 weeks last summer, did a great job, heats up fast.

The stove works well, don't be afraid to try it. You can always return it if you don't like it. A Heiny pot may not hold up to a thru hike but the stove sure will :)

Thanks for the comments!

--Joe(GrinchMT)