PDA

View Full Version : WhiteBlaze T-shirts material

attroll
01-30-2004, 23:27
Option number two. We need to deside on what type of materail we want the T-shirts made of.

If there is and option I forgot here then let me know.

jollies
01-31-2004, 00:06
My vote is for a Duofold material. I don't know if they can print on that, but if they can.......

Rain Man
01-31-2004, 00:40
I have so many cotton t-shirts already, that I can't wear them all as it is. Don't need another one.

Coolmax, I can even wear on the trail, however!!!!!

Rain Man

Kerosene
02-01-2004, 18:05
I love my Duofold CoolMax, especially the really lightweight ones of CoolMax Alta.

Doctari
02-02-2004, 08:18
I have been promising myself to buy a coolmax Tee for a few years now, would rather have a White Blaze one.
I have about 1,000,000 cotton tees that I can't wear while hiking so don't need another :p

Doctari.

Uncle Wayne
02-02-2004, 08:57
The Boy Scouts are using this type shirt at Philmont or at least it is available there. This link is to Campmor where they have both long and short sleeve.
The ones we bought at Philmont have held remarkably well and the logo has held up very well also.

http://www.campmor.com/webapp/commerce/command/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=7109778&prmenbr=226

attroll
02-02-2004, 11:33
The Boy Scouts are using this type shirt at Philmont or at least it is available there. This link is to Campmor where they have both long and short sleeve.
The ones we bought at Philmont have held remarkably well and the logo has held up very well also.

http://www.campmor.com/webapp/commerce/command/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=7109778&prmenbr=226
Uncle Wayne

You said the boy scouts have been using this for a while. But have you actually tried using this. I would like to hear from someone that has one of these shirt and has worn it during hiking conditions. Does it really wick like they claim it does? Is it confortable? ect..

Uncle Wayne
02-02-2004, 12:11
Uncle Wayne

You said the boy scouts have been using this for a while. But have you actually tried using this. I would like to hear from someone that has one of these shirt and has worn it during hiking conditions. Does it really wick like they claim it does? Is it confortable? ect..

Yes I have. I have 2 of them and my wife has one. They are comfortable and I was pleased with the wicking performance. I used one for 10 days in New Mexico at Philmont scout ranch on a 92 mile trek with a 40 pound backpack hiking from elevations of 6500 feet to almost 11,000. They are light, durable and mine didn't retain odor like some polypropelene does. They survived a rub board washing mid trek and dry in no time. The Philmont logo is silkscreened about where a front pocket would be and showed no noticable fading or rubbing off after our trek. What size are you? Mine are a size large. I'll mail you one of mine so you can try it out firsthand.

attroll
02-02-2004, 12:23
Yes I have. I have 2 of them and my wife has one. They are comfortable and I was pleased with the wicking performance. I used one for 10 days in New Mexico at Philmont scout ranch on a 92 mile trek with a 40 pound backpack hiking from elevations of 6500 feet to almost 11,000. They are light, durable and mine didn't retain odor like some polypropelene does. They survived a rub board washing mid trek and dry in no time. The Philmont logo is silkscreened about where a front pocket would be and showed no noticable fading or rubbing off after our trek. What size are you? Mine are a size large. I'll mail you one of mine so you can try it out firsthand.
Sounds like a good shirt. The only downfall is that you said the Philmont logo is silkscreened about where a front pocket would be. I did not think we want any logo on the t-shirt except ours.

Kerosene
02-02-2004, 12:34
I think what Uncle Wayne is saying is that Philmont bought the Duofold VariTherm shirts ($9.99 seems like a great price!) and silk-screened their logo onto the shirt. While I don't like the VariTherm quite as much as the Duofold CoolMax Alta, it does a good job and is only half an ounce heavier at 5.5 ounces.

Uncle Wayne
02-02-2004, 15:45
I think what Uncle Wayne is saying is that Philmont bought the Duofold VariTherm shirts ($9.99 seems like a great price!) and silk-screened their logo onto the shirt. While I don't like the VariTherm quite as much as the Duofold CoolMax Alta, it does a good job and is only half an ounce heavier at 5.5 ounces.

Yeah, exactly. Sorry I didn't make that clear. I was merely offering the shirt as a type of material not the one the with a boy scout / Philmont logo.

I've got a Duofold Coolmax Alta also. Another good shirt. I don't know which one I like more.

attroll
02-03-2004, 13:48
I have been working on the T-shirts a little this morning. My grapics guy can not get a coolmax style T-shirt with out a compnay logo on it. So I need to find a place where I can get a coolmax style T-shirt without a compnay logo on it already. We can not put a logo over the top of another logo if you know what I mean. Plus having a logo on it would take away from the purpose of putting the WhiteBlaze logo on it. I am still looking. If anyone knows where we can get a good quality coolmax style T-shirt for a reasonable price without a logo already on it please let me know.

Jaybird
02-24-2004, 09:45
Option number two. We need to deside on what type of materail we want the T-shirts made of.

If there is and option I forgot here then let me know.

i vote for 50/50% or Poly-COTTON blend because...i plan to wear it off-the-trail.

i vote for COOLMAX type shirt if you go for the more expensive styles (that can be worn ON the trail)...but remember, everytime you add a patch or blaze, etc, etc...it reduces the "breathability."

thanks attroll for all your hard work!

see ya'll UP the trail!