PDA

View Full Version : stil trying to help

raye_raye
04-13-2008, 15:07
anyone know about anonymous style drops? I am dropping for a friend and well I would love to be able to help more if it was needed. Is there a site I can sign up or anything? I am already donating but I wanna do more.

Anyone already out there and need something? Within reason I would love to help.

shelterbuilder
04-13-2008, 18:59
anyone know about anonymous style drops? I am dropping for a friend and well I would love to be able to help more if it was needed. Is there a site I can sign up or anything? I am already donating but I wanna do more.

Anyone already out there and need something? Within reason I would love to help.

If I understand the nature of your question correctly, you want to drop something extra for your friend? You'd need to mail it to the same drops as your friend was already planning to use, otherwise, your drop would sit there, because your friend would by-pass that P.O.

Most likely, the best kind of drop would be some type of special food that you know he/she likes (chocolate chip cookies come to mind for me because I love 'em, or maybe a gift card to a special restaurant in a trail town along the way). It needs to be something that's not going to add a lot of extra weight and bulk to a pack that will be overflowing because of the scheduled mail drop.

Hope this helps.

Blissful
04-13-2008, 19:56
You would likely need to let him know you are sending a mail drop so he looks for it while in town or wherever he is. If that's what you plan to do.

theinfamousj
04-13-2008, 22:17
Raye - I'm understanding your message to mean that you would be happy to be a Trail Angel. Any through hiker could PM you about something they need and you'll mail it out to them for their convenience?

Don't know of any sites ... but thank you for your generosity.

raye_raye
04-14-2008, 20:27
Raye - I'm understanding your message to mean that you would be happy to be a Trail Angel. Any through hiker could PM you about something they need and you'll mail it out to them for their convenience?

Don't know of any sites ... but thank you for your generosity.

thats exactly what i meant...thanks for clearing that up...

I guess you could say i wanna perform a little trail magic from home...