PDA

View Full Version : It's true! (Cloud 9)

Jason of the Woods
04-16-2008, 12:01
WE just spent a night with Laura and Fran at Cloud. It was a great place and they are great people. We made the mistake today of checking into the HIE in Hiawassee and the rumors are true. Some idiot hikers ruined the discount so it is a whopping $80. The place is nice and has everything that you need but it is 20 that I could have spent on beer. I just thought any late starters should be aware.:( We were planning on a couple of days here but don't know if we can afford it now.

emerald
04-16-2008, 13:38
Save your $, camp in the woods too!:-?:cool: Maine is far, far away. Don't even try to think about how far. You might hurt yourself and it's beyond reach for those who spend all their $ too soon.:(

I told you there might be some idiots ahead of you. All you can do now is hope your pockets are deeper than theirs. Better to get accustomed to camping in the woods now, rather than later.;)

Appalachian Tater
04-16-2008, 14:01
Or you could always change your screen name to "Jason of the Holiday Inn".

wilconow
04-16-2008, 14:07
Lol ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jason of the Woods
04-16-2008, 15:16
That was good! I do like the woods idea. I don't like town much anymore. It's funny how that happens.;)
Or you could always change your screen name to "Jason of the Holiday Inn".

Blissful
04-16-2008, 16:04
We stayed at the Hiawasee Inn. Great rates there but no one seems to talk about it. (?) We saved the Holiday Inn for Erwin.

Pootz
04-16-2008, 16:09
Save some money in Irwin and stay at Uncle Johnny's. He has everything you will need while in town, shuttles (restaruants and stores), outfitter, bunk room, private cabins and he is right across the street from the trail.

BipolarStroller
04-16-2008, 16:22
You should find out who they were and when you see them next, tell them they owe you $20. I know that's not how it works, but could you imagine 2-3 dozen people billing 'em for $20 each? I am not trying to instagate anything, but I hope that somebody let's them know how much $ they costed every hiker after them that stayed there.

Jason of the Woods
04-16-2008, 19:28
I asked for trail names but they didn't know. It's a shame. It's nice to have some pricvacy after sleeping with people in the woods every night.;)
You should find out who they were and when you see them next, tell them they owe you $20. I know that's not how it works, but could you imagine 2-3 dozen people billing 'em for $20 each? I am not trying to instagate anything, but I hope that somebody let's them know how much $ they costed every hiker after them that stayed there.

Jeff
04-16-2008, 19:48
If you like Holiday Inn's, get your fill in the south. When you get to Bear Mountain, NY the same room will cost $140.

Turtle2
04-16-2008, 22:03
If you like Holiday Inn's, get your fill in the south. When you get to Bear Mountain, NY the same room will cost $140.

Really!!!! I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Ft. Montgomery (just after the wildlife area) last June and the rate was only $110. That was with three people and a cot brought into the room. Normally it was $98. Good value. Continental breakfast, internet, laundry.

take-a-knee
04-16-2008, 22:04

All the more reason to stay in the south.

A-Train
04-16-2008, 22:06
Are you a thru-hiker?

"No. But I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night". :)

Jason of the Woods
04-17-2008, 08:19
Praise the south!;)

Jason of the Woods
04-17-2008, 08:20
I''m lost? It must be a NY thing.:D
Are you a thru-hiker?

"No. But I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night". :)

mr_anderson
09-28-2008, 14:54
We have a cabin that sleeps 6 (or 3 couples) for 100 per night for AT hikers...Henson ove Place B&B with Cabin - nice hot shower, self sufficient kitchen, hammock, grill (with charcoal) and tents are allowed for just 5 bucks a pitch. Just 5 miles from Dicks Creek Gap and we will provide transportaion as well. Ask for Dave or Mariah

Cool AT Breeze
09-28-2008, 22:16
We have a cabin that sleeps 6 (or 3 couples) for 100 per night for AT hikers...Henson ove Place B&B with Cabin - nice hot shower, self sufficient kitchen, hammock, grill (with charcoal) and tents are allowed for just 5 bucks a pitch. Just 5 miles from Dicks Creek Gap and we will provide transportaion as well. Ask for Dave or Mariah
How can we get a hold of you to get a shuttle? What are your rates for the cabin?

Sly
09-28-2008, 22:27

All the more reason to stay in the south.

There aren't all that many places on the trail up north that are that expensive. For the most part, after NY and CT, there are hostel in all New England towns. It would be a shame to miss the best part of the trail over a few $$'s.

Jeff
09-29-2008, 07:40
Sly,

You are absolutely right. Dalton, Bennington, Manchester, Rutland, Hanover, Lincoln, Glencliff all have great, low cost options.

mr_anderson
10-06-2008, 18:12
How can we get a hold of you to get a shuttle? What are your rates for the cabin?
You can reach us at 800-714-5542 and we also have a web address: www.hensoncoveplace.com (http://www.hensoncoveplace.com) where you can send an inquiry directly. Our cabin runs $100/night for AT hikers (3 bedrooms, 1.5 baths, full kitchen)... best savings is to group up if you can. We'll even provide fresh muffins! Yum!:welcome