PDA

View Full Version : Camp Chair

golfricker
01-31-2004, 14:10
Everyone has an equipment luxury... Mine is a camp chair. It's time to replace the old barcalounger, and I'm on the hunt for the cheapest, well made, light chair. Any suggestions? Don't say anything that requires a therma-rest, been there, done that... lightweight is the key. Thanks. Golfricker :sun

someday
01-31-2004, 14:54
Depending on the size of your pack, you may be able to bring a Crazy Creek Chair which can double as your sleeping pad. Usually I just bring a large trash bag, spread it out on the ground, put my mostly full backpack on it and prop it up with my hiking poles at whatever angle I feel like at the time. Sort of like having a lounge chair and I just spread out the plastic bag to keep a little cleaner or off the wet ground. I have just enough headroom to even do this in my tent when it rains and rains and I want to just sit and read or journal for hours.

Bankrobber
01-31-2004, 15:09
I would go without the chair. After having practiced yoga for a year, I now realize how detrimental to your posture sitting in a chair can be. Also, it takes up a ton of space in your pack, and it is heavy.

Miss Janet
01-31-2004, 19:06
But if it serves another purpose... maybe it could be justified... Several years ago I met a hiker that had a alum and canvas camp chair with a big round hole cut out of the seat... Yep, he had made himself a Potty Chair!