PDA

View Full Version : Jester's on the way

Jesters Mom
04-17-2008, 16:44
Jester got the train this morning at 11:00 on the way to his PCT hike. He called from Washington at about 2:15 and was getting the train to Chicago at 4:15. He'll be in Chicago tomorrow morning at 9:00 and connects to the train to LA at 3:00 tomorrow afternoon. I'll keep you posted on his progress.

bfitz
04-17-2008, 19:27
Break a leg!

StarLyte
04-17-2008, 19:36
The PCT will never be the same. :sun

Ron Haven
04-17-2008, 19:45
Jester got the train this morning at 11:00 on the way to his PCT hike. He called from Washington at about 2:15 and was getting the train to Chicago at 4:15. He'll be in Chicago tomorrow morning at 9:00 and connects to the train to LA at 3:00 tomorrow afternoon. I'll keep you posted on his progress.Good luck,Sly said he is going too.

Jimmers
04-17-2008, 19:49
Jester got the train this morning at 11:00 on the way to his PCT hike. He called from Washington at about 2:15 and was getting the train to Chicago at 4:15. He'll be in Chicago tomorrow morning at 9:00 and connects to the train to LA at 3:00 tomorrow afternoon. I'll keep you posted on his progress.

Excellent! Now I can safely start plotting what kind of ridiculous items I can put into his maildrops without him finding out.:D

Hope he has a grand time! I'm extremely jealous.

Skyline
04-17-2008, 20:09
I'm jealous he gets to go from coast-to-coast on the Capitol Limited, and the Southwest Chief. Those trains have good reputations.

I'm jealous that he gets to walk from border to border on the PCT.

Best wishes!

Panzer1
04-17-2008, 20:29
Good luck Jester. Keep in touch.

Panzer

Wonder
04-18-2008, 00:19
Best to ya Jester.......and to Jesters mom!

Blissful
04-18-2008, 19:49
Thanks for the post! Let us know how he's doing.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
04-18-2008, 19:53
::: Dino seen praying for Jester's safety and success in this venture :::

Pacific Tortuga
04-18-2008, 20:59
Does he have a journal and will he be attending ADZPCTKO ? I hope to connect with him and others out here along the trail.

Keep us in-touch on his trek and if he needs help, e-mail me here and I'll send you my phone number.

TOW
04-18-2008, 22:21
Take no prisoners Jester!

camojack
04-18-2008, 23:26
Does he have a journal and will he be attending ADZPCTKO?
I don't know about a journal, but he is planning to attend ADZPCTKO...

Jimmers
04-18-2008, 23:38
Does he have a journal and will he be attending ADZPCTKO ? I hope to connect with him and others out here along the trail.

Keep us in-touch on his trek and if he needs help, e-mail me here and I'll send you my phone number.

I don't think he's doing a journal, but he is planning on making a video. Oughta be interesting.;)

trailangelmary
04-20-2008, 13:46
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=35840&highlight=Jester

This is another forum started by the goat. You can read an update from goat on Jester's whereabouts.

chris
04-28-2008, 10:06
There was a Jester sighting in the desert this weekend. But, his trip has gone a little off the res. In a case of mistaken identity, the Minutemen detained him while eating a burrito at Ray's Bitchen Kitchen and ICE promptly deported him to Guatemala, believing that that was his home country. I got a call from him on Sunday and he said that the Guatemalans don't want him and are deporting him on Tuesday via mule to El Salvador.

Blister
04-28-2008, 10:44
There was a Jester sighting in the desert this weekend. But, his trip has gone a little off the res. In a case of mistaken identity, the Minutemen detained him while eating a burrito at Ray's Bitchen Kitchen and ICE promptly deported him to Guatemala, believing that that was his home country. I got a call from him on Sunday and he said that the Guatemalans don't want him and are deporting him on Tuesday via mule to El Salvador.

????

A math geek and a history geek, have you guys ever met??? You really should, knowing both of you I would gaurentee a good time!

chris
04-28-2008, 14:18
????

A math geek and a history geek, have you guys ever met??? You really should, knowing both of you I would gaurentee a good time!

Have we ever met? I was the one who called the Minutemen on him!

gypsy
04-28-2008, 17:48
Best of luck to Jester! That's awesome!!! (although trail days will be slightly duller this year without his presence)

A-Train
04-29-2008, 00:19
Jester actually ended up in Nicaragua, where they immediately proceeded to airdrop him back on the US side of the fence. From there he walked 20 miles to Morena, and had to camel up on Pacifico to regain his integrity.

He may officially change his trailname to Weiner Wizard, and Nafta did his best to send him on his way with a 2 lb Masterlock. Let's just say his new pack isn't exactly brand new and intact anymore.

Eventually a few PCTer's took pity on our boy and listened to his dreadful AT stories. Many were confused by such terms as Billville, the Doyle and Traildays, but he was never sacrificied into the fire.

The weight fanatics scrutinized his insulated lunchbox, his tripod, video camera but no one argued with the twister board or the bottle of Beam.

He was last seen at the Campo Diner this morning unsuccessfully trying to start a storytelling contest. Squatch was going to drop him off in Tijuana, or Kitchen Creek Road, I can't remember.

Anyway, he sends his best from the West.

Sly
05-26-2008, 21:43
Anyone have a clue as to where Jester is? I'll be spending a few days at the Casa De Luna (Joe & Terri Anderson's humble abode full of hiker trash mi 476) and was hoping he'd catch up.

Sly
05-26-2008, 21:54
OK found out on another thread he was in Wrightwood a couple days ago. He's slower than me! How's that possible?

PS Being blessed with cool temps and clouds through the desert, so why am I hanging out?

A-Train
05-27-2008, 01:01
OK found out on another thread he was in Wrightwood a couple days ago. He's slower than me! How's that possible?

PS Being blessed with cool temps and clouds through the desert, so why am I hanging out?

Have fun. Tell Joe and Terrie I said hello. :)

Sly
05-27-2008, 01:53
Have fun. Tell Joe and Terrie I said hello. :)

I'll do that. :) Even though my tent's set up in the manzenita forest Terri gave me the office, with computer and bed. Almost like home.

Jesters Mom
05-27-2008, 09:13
Sly: I talked to Jester on Saturday. He expected to be at the Andersons on the 29th, but got delayed in Wrightwood by a snowstorm. He had arrived in Wrightwood on Friday, stayed there Saturday and was expecting to hike out on Sunday, depending on the snowstorm. If you don't have his cell number and you want it, PM me and I'll give it to you.

mrc237
05-27-2008, 09:20
I'll do that. :) Even though my tent's set up in the manzenita forest Terri gave me the office, with computer and bed. Almost like home.

Tole ya, they just love 'ole Woodstockers!

Sly
05-27-2008, 10:29
Tole ya, they just love 'ole Woodstockers!

Oh right, I'm still holding that trump card! :D