PDA

View Full Version : Kareen Abdul Jabar..and the CDT

Mags
04-17-2008, 17:46
I posted this e-mail on CDT-L. Maybe some of you will find it interesting..

(I think he meant the Colorado Trail..but close enough. :) )

If you see a very tall, very famous basketball player on the CDT at some point, you are not seeing things due to altitude, lack of water or getting lost....
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/kareem/2008/04/my-birthday-wis.html (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/kareem/2008/04/my-birthday-wis.html)

I've come to that time of the year again. Tomorrow, Wednesday the 16th, I turn 61. My manager Deborah Morales asked me to name three wishes for this year's event. I'm trying to keep it simple, so here it goes.

I would like a quiet tropical vacation. Beach access is a must.

I would like to see a favorite Martial Arts film, Dragon Inn, which has not been seen since the early '70s. (UCLA Films Archive.)

I'd like to do a trail ride on the Colorado Continental Dividetrail for a few days. It's a beautiful trail that runs the length ofthe state of Colorado.

Hikerhead
04-17-2008, 17:51
He might be able to borrow the bike from that 8 ft tall dude that I read about on msn last week. Sombody made a bike just for him....it was HUGE.

I found the link http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=4544873&page=1

Alligator
04-17-2008, 20:18
Could be a saint
Could be a sinner
Could be a loser
Or it could be a winner
Could be a banker
Could be a baker
Could be a Laker
Could be Kareem Abdul Jabar
Could be a male voice choir

fiddlehead
04-17-2008, 20:54
I don't know that he meant the CO trail as he says "the length of the state of CO"
If it's one of his main desires in life, i think he knows what trail is what.

of course i could be wrong, but the way it is stated is correct.

The CO trail hardly runs the length of the state.

Mags
04-18-2008, 00:10
of course i could be wrong, but the way it is stated is correct.

The CO trail hardly runs the length of the state.

He called it the "Colorado Continental Divide Trail". Many people mix up the Colorado Trail with the CDT. Many people also think the Colorado Trail goes through the whole state. (And I've been asked many times if I've done the Pacific Coast Trail). Trust me. I live here.

Most people ain't long distance hikers and tend to mix and match trails and attributes of trails.

But, in the end, I don't really know what he meant or (most importantly) give a rats tootie. It is just an article to bring a smile.

Gray Blazer
04-18-2008, 07:59
Happy natal day, Lew Alcindor!!

NICKTHEGREEK
04-18-2008, 08:22
He called it the "Colorado Continental Divide Trail". Many people mix up the Colorado Trail with the CDT. Many people also think the Colorado Trail goes through the whole state. (And I've been asked many times if I've done the Pacific Coast Trail). Trust me. I live here.

Most people ain't long distance hikers and tend to mix and match trails and attributes of trails.

But, in the end, I don't really know what he meant or (most importantly) give a rats tootie. It is just an article to bring a smile.
Kareem can call it any-freakin-thing he wants. What a phenominal athelete.