PDA

View Full Version : Miss Janet?

pkinnetz
04-21-2008, 12:56
Does anyone know if the legendary Miss Janet is doing shuttles still? I would have loved to have stayed at her place but have bad timing-- Now that I'm ready to do that little section, she closed down ;-( I really hope that she is going to open up with another place, soon. But I still need a shuttle from Max Patch Rd. to Allen Gap.

While I'm asking, is it okay to park at Allen Gap? I saw that there was an incident about 4 years ago as noted on the AT shuttle list, but would prefer to hike south to north -- the terrain looks easier.

Lone Wolf
04-21-2008, 12:58
you're better off getting a shuttle from Bluff Mtn. Outfitters. too far for miss Janet to drive

Speer Carrier
04-21-2008, 13:13
A group of us hiked out of Allen Gap last fall, and we did use the shuttle from Bluff Mtn Outfitters as Lone Wolf has recommended. Also, when we were let out of the car, I don't recall seeing any parking area at all.

pkinnetz
04-21-2008, 13:15
Thanks, Lonewolf. -- I thought she was from Hot Springs? Where is she from? I probably will take your advice and go with the outfitters since she is not as close as I thought. But I'm still curious about her. Any news about her plans?

Lone Wolf
04-21-2008, 13:17
she lives in Erwin

Tennessee Viking
04-21-2008, 13:27
A group of us hiked out of Allen Gap last fall, and we did use the shuttle from Bluff Mtn Outfitters as Lone Wolf has recommended. Also, when we were let out of the car, I don't recall seeing any parking area at all.
There is a bit of parking next to the forest gate past the trail.

Tennessee Viking
04-21-2008, 13:30
Thanks, Lonewolf. -- I thought she was from Hot Springs? Where is she from? I probably will take your advice and go with the outfitters since she is not as close as I thought. But I'm still curious about her. Any news about her plans?
Miss Janet has dropped plans about reopening her hostel at this time.

pkinnetz
04-21-2008, 14:03
I'm really sorry to hear this. I knew she had closed up but I thought she was exploring options to reopen. Well, it just goes to show-- the trail is alway is changing. . . I'm disappointed, but wish her well.

generoll
04-21-2008, 15:23
Miss Janet still visits here and is probably the best source for information on what her plans and services might be.