PDA

View Full Version : ATHiking podcast Episode 2

Toothless
04-21-2008, 20:33
Episode 2 of ATHiking...the podcast is ready. Check it out at http://athiking.libsyn.com/rss.

Veteran hiker, Steve Miller, talks about hammocks, peapods, tarps and stoves even after a near critical trail injury just 2 weeks ago. He'll tell you about it.

Let us know what you'd like to hear :rolleyes:

gold bond
04-22-2008, 11:09
Very intresting! Great Job I enjoyed the whole thing!!

iesman69
04-22-2008, 11:46
i'm having trouble with the link....it takes me to a page full of what looks like code, but I can see the podcast descriptions, names, etc.??

max patch
04-22-2008, 13:02
i'm having trouble with the link....it takes me to a page full of what looks like code, but I can see the podcast descriptions, names, etc.??

i just downloaded via itunes; haven't listened yet.

Toothless
04-23-2008, 06:07
Link to podcast is: http://athiking.libsyn.com

I incorrectly added rss in my original post.

:eek:

max patch
04-23-2008, 06:55
Just a couple of guys talking about hiking. I listened as I drove around yesterday; I subscribed so I'll get your updates automatically.

You asked for suggestions:

You should consider using a roundtable of several of your members rather than just one. For example, when discussing stoves you dismissed alcohol stoves immediately and then went into a recommendation of canister stoves. No mention was made of regular white gas stoves or wood burners. Or eating cold. Podcast would be more useful if it covered all options.

I've never heard the term sectional hiking. Sounded odd.

Good luck.

max patch
04-23-2008, 09:38
Forgot to mention, loved your friends comments about Whiteblaze and other forums...."read all the postings and you'll find that some people are whack jobs, some are very knowledgeable, and some are full of themselves" (paraphrased).

Toothless
04-23-2008, 10:29
Great comments: stay tuned for the next episode (3) which will cover more in depth the subject of tents. It will happen on the trail and include 4 or 5 hikers and their preferences.