PDA

View Full Version : Scorpios unite!

Marta
04-22-2008, 22:00
Our horoscope for today according to Yahoo!

"Following the herd will head you to the land of boredom. Go out on your own."

warraghiyagey
04-22-2008, 22:01
Bummer. I'm only a Scorpricorn.:p

Marta
04-23-2008, 06:44
Bummer. I'm only a Scorpricorn.:p

Did I hear a voice from the great beyond?

Since you don't exist, when you choose to materialize, you can be whatever.

There are so many implications to concept. I'll have to think about it for a while.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
04-23-2008, 07:21
::: Bemused Dino wants to be a Scorpio when she grows up because she has tons of respect for Marta :::

Hoop
04-23-2008, 07:35
Went out on my own last week, now back with the herd.

Marta
04-23-2008, 07:39
::: Bemused Dino wants to be a Scorpio when she grows up because she has tons of respect for Marta :::

Thank you kindly.

There were several Scorpios hiking SOBO in '06. I think Beater and Mr. Natural are Scorpios.

A Scorpio friend proposed the idea of driving up and meeting me and other hikers during our birthday weekend, and having a big party for any hikers in the area. There was a great deal of enthusiasm for this idea...then my friend cancelled. :(

So much for the reliability of Scorpios.

OutdoorsMan
04-23-2008, 08:44
Thanks Marta. I will go to Trail Days (with the herd?) and then head North on the AT - I can't wait. Yes, I am a Scorpio.

Tom

Old Hillwalker
04-23-2008, 08:52
Suffice it to say that I have been a lifelong Scorpio:rolleyes: living the Contra lifestyle. SOBO 2008, Tarptenting, and avoiding hostels as much as endurable. Or maybe that should be enduring hostels as much as possible. Unmarried and living with my old dog up on the edge of the White Mountains. Go to town once a month and heating with wood.

I'm concerned that I am becoming a recluse, but there is no one around to let me know;)

HW

minnesotasmith
04-23-2008, 10:33
http://www.astrosociety.org/education/resources/pseudobib.html

http://daphne.palomar.edu/jgilardi/astrology%20debunk.htm

(Interesting quote: "
4) Precession of the Earth. Due to the slight wobbling of the Earth’s axis, the current position of objects in the zodiac circle are no longer consistent with the tenets of astrology set up thousands of years ago. Your "sun sign" is actually currently shifted over by one (i.e., a Leo is really a Cancer). " No one who claims to be a Scorpio actually is, then...:-?

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/buzz/archives/000665.html

http://www.thothweb.com/article2892.html

KirkMcquest
04-23-2008, 10:37
Leo, KING of the jungle baby.

Captain
04-23-2008, 10:43
fyi leos are known for harsh exteriors but to weep like a little girl inside when someone makes fun of them... hey knid of like now! oo let me get the kleenex!

warraghiyagey
04-23-2008, 10:46
There were several Scorpios hiking SOBO in '06. I think Beater and Mr. Natural are Scorpios.
You meet Mr. Natural? Then you likely met Buddha too. Both great dudes. We all still stay in touch.

KirkMcquest
04-23-2008, 10:46
fyi leos are known for harsh exteriors but to weep like a little girl inside when someone makes fun of them... hey knid of like now! oo let me get the kleenex!

Why do you have to be so mean....your mean mean man

Captain
04-23-2008, 11:04
:-P i have nothing but love for my fellow white blazers sometimes that comes across in a brotherly love chiding none of it is serious tho

Nearly Normal
04-23-2008, 11:13
You meet Mr. Natural? Then you likely met Buddha too. Both great dudes. We all still stay in touch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Natural_(comics)
Just kidding.

minnesotasmith
04-23-2008, 11:27

There is NO reason to believe that natal horological astrological sign assignment has ANY predictive utility. Telling someone to make a decision based on astrology is akin to telling them not to bring winter gear in the Whites in late fall, that they'll absolutely have to wear heavy mountaineering boots to have any chance of completing a thruhike, or that there is no need to bring a shelter (tent, tarp, or hammock) when hiking the AT in Georgia in late March/early April since they can be sure of empty trail shelter spots every night. :rolleyes:

That is, it's speaking born either of ignorance so deep someone shouldn't be talking other than to ask questions of the better-informed, or out of malice so deep I don't want to know them.

There are no "signs"! No one has one! Instead of asking someone their "sign", and making (vague and useless) predictions about their personality, I have a better idea:
observe someone's personality, and deduce their birthday.

Captain
04-23-2008, 11:41
but that takes too long

Ender
04-23-2008, 11:46
I have a better idea:

I've observed your personality here on this thread, and I've deduced that your birthday falls somewhere in between "Needstolightenup" and "Whocares".

Captain
04-23-2008, 11:48
BURN that was classic

Marta
04-23-2008, 11:53
Thanks Marta. I will go to Trail Days (with the herd?) and then head North on the AT - I can't wait. Yes, I am a Scorpio.

Tom

Yay for the TD herd! Sort of like a herd of cats, of course.

Suffice it to say that I have been a lifelong Scorpio:rolleyes: living the Contra lifestyle. SOBO 2008, Tarptenting, and avoiding hostels as much as endurable. Or maybe that should be enduring hostels as much as possible. Unmarried and living with my old dog up on the edge of the White Mountains. Go to town once a month and heating with wood.

I'm concerned that I am becoming a recluse, but there is no one around to let me know;)

HW

Hey, I've been a Scorpio all my life, too!

Yep, we crossed paths very infrequently from the Mahoosucs to Pearisburg. They would pop up when I least expected to see them.

There are no "signs"! No one has one! Instead of asking someone their "sign", and making (vague and useless) predictions about their personality, I have a better idea:

Um, we're just joking around... :rolleyes:

One of the funny things (to me) about yesterday's horoscope was that it was
1) not a prediction of the future and
2) could probably be said about 95% of the people who are attracted to long-distance hiking, whatever their sign.

KirkMcquest
04-23-2008, 12:05
I've observed your personality here on this thread, and I've deduced that your birthday falls somewhere in between "Needstolightenup" and "Whocares".

ooooooooh!!!! a zinger.:banana

Marta
04-23-2008, 12:15
Today's Scorpio-specific advice:

Are you too focused on immediate gratification, now? [Ed.: Isn't that redundant?] Have patience. And don't shop!

vonfrick
04-23-2008, 13:59

hmmm...me thinks MS is a Virgo...:p;)

Thru Hiker Wife
04-23-2008, 14:05
Nope. Nope. Observe his personality Jennfrick and you'll find he's an....oh, nevermind.

chief
04-23-2008, 23:31
Who has evidence that MS has a personality?

Bare Bear
04-24-2008, 10:31
My sign used to be Exxon until that Alaska cluster flock.............

Chaco Taco
04-24-2008, 12:01
Hmm. I'm under the understanding that Scorpios are moody, vengeful, vulgar, intemperate, argumentative, introverted, pushy, intolerant, dogmatic, strident, grasping, arrogant, belligerent, and pretty much royal pains in the ass from birth.

Come to think of it, ain't Baltimore Jack born on the twelfth of November?

I rest my case. :D

mudhead
04-24-2008, 12:24
Not a birthday, a moment.

hmmm...me thinks MS is a Virgo...:p;)

You take that back right now!

Remember when you were young, and women pretended to care what your sign was...

wakapak
04-24-2008, 12:29
Hmm. I'm under the understanding that Scorpios are moody, vengeful, vulgar, intemperate, argumentative, introverted, pushy, intolerant, dogmatic, strident, grasping, arrogant, belligerent, and pretty much royal pains in the ass from birth.

Come to think of it, ain't Baltimore Jack born on the twelfth of November?

I rest my case. :D

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

leeki pole
04-24-2008, 12:46
now that's funny right there, brilliant!

vonfrick
04-25-2008, 04:32
i love MS

Ender
04-25-2008, 10:43
now that's funny right there, brilliant!

Thank you, thank you... I'll be here all week.

My horiscope for the day... "A fascinating conversation interferes with chores." Not sure if this counts as a fascinating conversation, but it's certainly interfering with my chores, so it seems at least partly accurate :p

Hummingbird
04-25-2008, 10:51
I have not been here for quite a while but was delighted to see something here about being a Scorpio.

I love being a Scorpio because we are so passionate about everything we do.

Hummingbird

astrogirl
04-25-2008, 23:13
That is, it's speaking born either of ignorance so deep someone shouldn't be talking other than to ask questions of the better-informed, or out of malice so deep I don't want to know them.

Ah, every internet board needs a total buzzkill. I guess you're just fulfilling your true purpose in life.