PDA

View Full Version : Sipsey Wilderness in Alabama

Uncle Wayne
02-03-2004, 08:40
This wilderness is within 30 miles of my home. Here's a link to some pictures of a few things it has to offer. The largest tree in Alabama is located in this area. When you have time check out the photos.

http://community.webshots.com/user/unclewayne_bama

someday
02-03-2004, 09:10
Thanks Uncle Wayne - what a nice way to start my day - looking at waterfalls and dreaming of hiking - before I head out the door to scrape the ice and snow off my truck.

SGT Rock
02-03-2004, 14:41
I love hiking the Sipsey, it was one of my first places to Backpack. I'm originally from Decatur, AL.

Cedar Tree
02-03-2004, 15:10
Almost ALL of my hiking experiences before my Thru, occured in the Sipsey wilderness. I am from West Point Mississippi, and I love Bankhead National Forrest. Gameplot 208 Baby !! Uncle Wayne, your pics are great, I've been there several times myself. A flat-lander Mississippi Boy inventing the Packa? Go figure.

Cedar Tree

slowroller
02-03-2004, 23:06
Uncle Wayne, I love those waterfall pics,,,It is obvious that you have done a lot more hiking in the Sipsey than me,I have no idea where some of those waterfalls are..... A man could hike a lifetime in the Sipsey, and never see all this place has to offer.........

Slowroller.....

hungryhowie
02-03-2004, 23:42
Uncle Wayne, I love those waterfall pics,,,It is obvious that you have done a lot more hiking in the Sipsey than me,I have no idea where some of those waterfalls are..... A man could hike a lifetime in the Sipsey, and never see all this place has to offer.........

Slowroller.....

...only because he fell off of one of the plentiful deadly cliffs... :eek:

More of a talladega guy myself.

-Howie

Uncle Wayne
02-09-2004, 04:36
I posted some photos of several of the water falls of the Sipsey area after the 8+ inches of rain we got last Thursday. They were beautiful and roaring! Note especially the photo that shows how high the water got along Braziel Creek.

Here's the link again for those interested:

http://community.webshots.com/user/unclewayne_bama