PDA

View Full Version : REI Opening in Kennesaw

dharmabum86
04-24-2008, 15:54
Just thought I would let those who are interested know that REI has a store opening in Kennesaw on Barrett Pkwy. Opening weekend is May 2nd. The first 200 people through the door Friday, Saturday and Sunday get a Nalgene with a gift card in it. The gift cards range from $5 to $200. :D

envirodiver
04-24-2008, 16:34
They may use something besides Nalgenes. We took the Lexan Nalgenes off the shelf in our store. I figured it was company wide.

Footslogger
04-24-2008, 18:21
Dang ...years ago I worked off of Windward Parkway and had to drive all the way down near Perimter Mall for 5 years to get my hours in at the Perimeter REI store. Bet the drive to the Barrett Pkwy store would be half the distance.

'Slogger

mudhead
04-24-2008, 18:51
They may use something besides Nalgenes. We took the Lexan Nalgenes off the shelf in our store. I figured it was company wide.

Any idea what outlet/liquidator will get them?

Skidsteer
04-24-2008, 19:10
Any idea what outlet/liquidator will get them?

Dirtbagger:p

And I say that with the utmost respect.

Thrasher
04-24-2008, 19:36
Dang ...years ago I worked off of Windward Parkway and had to drive all the way down near Perimter Mall for 5 years to get my hours in at the Perimeter REI store. Bet the drive to the Barrett Pkwy store would be half the distance.

'Slogger

That's funny, I actually live off of Windward Parkway. The one at Perimeter is still the closest to Windward as long as traffic is good.

Footslogger
04-24-2008, 21:38
... as long as traffic is good.

===================================

When is that ? I moved out here in 2002 and traffic between Windward and Sandy Springs on GA400 was a nightmare then. Can only imagine it has gotten worse since then.

'Slogger

Ghosthiker
04-24-2008, 22:06

Now you know where hey are getting all of the freebies to give away. :D

Thrasher
04-24-2008, 22:36

When is that ? I moved out here in 2002 and traffic between Windward and Sandy Springs on GA400 was a nightmare then. Can only imagine it has gotten worse since then.

'Slogger

It's actually most of the time. They've widened 400 in the past year, should of done it a long time ago. It's now 4 lanes on each side from Windward south. The only real bad time to be on 400 is southbound in the mornings. I've found northbound in the afternoons to be fair. Of course if there is a wreck you'll have more problems.

jesse
04-24-2008, 23:40
It opens 10:00 am. how long a line do you suppose there will be?

envirodiver
04-25-2008, 00:16
Any idea what outlet/liquidator will get them? I think they are going back to Nalgene. Not sure though.

Now you know where hey are getting all of the freebies to give away. :D LOL...may be

Speer Carrier
04-25-2008, 06:32
It's actually most of the time. They've widened 400 in the past year, should of done it a long time ago. It's now 4 lanes on each side from Windward south. The only real bad time to be on 400 is southbound in the mornings. I've found northbound in the afternoons to be fair. Of course if there is a wreck you'll have more problems.

Here's a bit of ironic history for you D80. In 1978 when we first moved to Georgia, Georgia 400 had just opened. At that time you could drive from the Sandy Springs exit to Holcomb Bridge Road and never encounter another car coming in the opposite direction. We wondered what the heck were they thinking when they built this road.

dharmabum86
04-25-2008, 10:06
It opens 10:00 am. how long a line do you suppose there will be?

Not really sure. I have some friends that will be there at 9:00! I work Friday but not until 5:30 and then on Saturday I work from 11-7 - I get to miss the mad rush :p

dharmabum86
04-25-2008, 10:08

I meant to ask them last night about that and completely forgot! But hey, there will be the gift cards.

KnowledgeEngine
04-25-2008, 10:35
How I long for my state to have a REI or a EMS ... The closest outlet of REI for me is a state and a half away...a good ways from the texas border. (I live in Arkansas)

10-K
04-25-2008, 10:44
Here's a bit of ironic history for you D80. In 1978 when we first moved to Georgia, Georgia 400 had just opened. At that time you could drive from the Sandy Springs exit to Holcomb Bridge Road and never encounter another car coming in the opposite direction. We wondered what the heck were they thinking when they built this road.

I remember that too. It was a road to nowhere then. Hard to believe what it turned into.

Footslogger
04-25-2008, 11:29
I remember that too. It was a road to nowhere then. Hard to believe what it turned into.

====================================

One of the more "interesting" aspects to the original GA400 project (yeah, I was living there at that time too) was the way it ENDED up near Dahlanega. Before all the signage and blinking lights got intalled it was a bit like driving off the face of the earth when you hit that "Long Branch Extension". Nowadays that is a MAJOR intersection.

'Slogger

StepChld
04-25-2008, 15:30
How I long for my state to have a REI or a EMS ... The closest outlet of REI for me is a state and a half away...a good ways from the texas border. (I live in Arkansas)
Yabbut your state is tiny.;) The Dallas and Plano stores are only 4-5 hours away. That's a simple day trip here in Texas!:banana

John Klein
04-25-2008, 22:31

'Slogger
Isn't it a law of physics or something that whenever a vacuum is created, matter rushes in to fill the vacuum? They built extra lanes on 400 and traffic filled the vacuum.

Bare Bear
04-26-2008, 10:49
Cool...thanks for the info as I will be in the Marietta area around May 2

MOWGLI
04-26-2008, 11:01
Make sure to say hello from the folks at the Kennesaw Mountain Trail Club if you go to the store. They'll be there all weekend promoting volunteerism.

jesse
05-02-2008, 14:06
I got in line this morning about 8:20, there was about 150 people in front of me. Sat and Sun will probably have longer lines. It appeared that a lot more than 200 people showed up, and were given water bottles, and gift certificates.

I scored a $5 gift certificate. Bought a fuel cannister, and 2 spoons.

Mrs Baggins
05-02-2008, 14:21

I hate South Carolina more every day. :mad: Atlanta area gets THREE REIs and we can't get ONE stinking store!!!!!!!!! Why not ONE in Augusta GA, 1/2 an hour from me???? Or ONE in Columbia, an hour east?????? No, I'm expected to drive THREE stinking hours at nearly $4/gallon for gas. I used to live in Frederick MD. We had 3 REIs all within an hour's drive or less. I'm sick of having to shop on-line for things I want to actually see and touch in person and then pay shipping fees and HOPE it actually shows up on time! I can't stand it.

max patch
05-02-2008, 14:26
I hate South Carolina more every day. :mad: Atlanta area gets THREE REIs and we can't get ONE stinking store!!!!!!!!!

Actually, we now have four...:)

Mrs Baggins
05-02-2008, 14:32
Actually, we now have four...:)

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad:

And no I don't consider the Dick's Sporting Goods in Augusta GA to be an outfitter. They are worthless for backpacking. They cater to golfers, hunters, heavy duty car campers, and other sports. I used to find better backpacking stores in Montreal Canada and there isn't even any real hiking there!

briarpatch
05-02-2008, 15:23
I meant to ask them last night about that and completely forgot! But hey, there will be the gift cards.

I did ask :D. They have the Nalgene "Everyday" line that is BPA free. The giveaways are also BPA free version. They have a Camelback BPA free bottle, too.

Oh, and I'm doing a presentation on the Appalachian Trail and the GATC in the community room at 3PM, and working in the GATC booth from 4-6. Stop by and say "Hi". We'll be collecting names for people interested in a Georgia AT License Plate.

Ghosthiker
05-03-2008, 11:41
I got there this morning at 7:30. Was about 80 or so in line. Got a $5 card, but that and the 20% helped to cut the cost of a Ti Mug. Found out that they are giving out a lot of nalgene's but only the first 200 have a gift card.

ScubaDooba
05-05-2008, 14:47
I got there at 9:40am and there were a bajillion people in line. It went past the 2nd entrance of Target and almost around the corner, that's were I was. LOL Once the doors opened, everyone got in. I did get a free bottle (no gift card).

Now the check-out line... it was 1/2 way around the store aisle, but at least it was moving. I saw the Fire Marshall walking around the store but apparently everything was good to go.

I did get good deals that day. Keen Newports H2 ($36) and Smartwools ($5). I fit in kids sizes. :)